Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: POS Coach... [Re: The Dude Abides] #8577003 04/12/22 08:12 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
The coach needs his fat [censored] beat unconscious and to spend a few years in jail. When the consequences are sever enough these idiots might start thinking about their actions.

Re: POS Coach... [Re: The Dude Abides] #8577018 04/12/22 08:37 PM
G
gtrich94 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
G
Most parents don't realize that college scouts are watching the parents just as much as the kids. You kid may be awesome, but if you are an idiot parent, the college coaches are going to move onto the next awesome kid whose parents aren't going to embarrass the school or be a pain in their [censored] for the next 4 years. It doesn't happen much at the little league level, but happens a lot at the high school and club sport level.

Thanks,
Rich
Re: POS Coach... [Re: The Dude Abides] #8577021 04/12/22 08:41 PM
O
OTL91 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
O
Baseball parents are on a completely different level of ridiculous.

Re: POS Coach... [Re: The Dude Abides] #8577051 04/12/22 09:20 PM
G
Gringo Bling Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
G
My son played in this 10U tournament. His Saturday games were over early, but I saw in the standings the Texas Phenoms from Abilene were disqualified. Now I know why.

There are some bad calls and some bad umpires, especially late in the day when it was hot and windy, but that is just absolutely ridiculous to act like that.

Re: POS Coach... [Re: The Dude Abides] #8577124 04/12/22 10:32 PM
L
Lazyjack Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
I had ban a dad due to behavior. He could only watch from outside the field.

If the 2nd amendment was written just to include guns for hunting, why is there not an amendment to protect fishing poles?
Re: POS Coach... [Re: The Dude Abides] #8577125 04/12/22 10:37 PM
G
GusWayne Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
And had the ump pulled out a G42 and punched him 5-6 times in the chest he’d be called the maniac

CrAzY world

Media induced crazy world…

Re: POS Coach... [Re: The Dude Abides] #8577129 04/12/22 10:45 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Yep that fat azz POS coach needs to spend time in lockup.

texas flag

Re: POS Coach... [Re: The Dude Abides] #8577323 04/13/22 02:07 AM
H
huntingag01 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
H
My son was playing in another 10U tourney but we heard about this. What a pos. In all the sports he plays, soccer is the worst especially parents.

Re: POS Coach... [Re: The Dude Abides] #8577344 04/13/22 02:24 AM
W
Whammer7 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
I would encourage any umpire to manage a tight game. Lay out the expectations in the pregame conference, give 1 warning, then run 'em if you have to.

"Sometimes, too much to drink is barely enough"

Mark Twain
Re: POS Coach... [Re: Choctaw] #8577346 04/13/22 02:28 AM
P
PappawRock Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Originally Posted by Choctaw
Our high school head coach has to make a speech at the beginning of every season for the parents to be careful what they scream from the stands. If you can't control your emotions at your kid's sporting events then you aren't much of an adult, let alone a man. I was very happy when my youngest graduated from high school because I knew I would never have to associate with certain Van Alstyne people again.

I umped a game behind the plate at a Prosper baseball game back when Prosper's entire school system including schooling was in one building at the dead-end of 5th due to an ump shortage and the Prosper catcher was in my oldest son's class...I was ridiculous at calling balls and strikes and the catcher told me after every call whether I got that one right or not...I told the visiting catcher not to sweat it because I would even out the bad calls using the law of averages and he was a good sport about it too...

Re: POS Coach... [Re: The Dude Abides] #8577362 04/13/22 02:43 AM
L
LeonCarr Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
At a city park in Haltom City they have signs on every backstop that say this:
1. These are kids.
2. This is a game.
3. Coaches are volunteers.
4. Umpires are human.
5. You don't play for the Rangers.

A while back a Little League in Rochester, New York had their kids vote to have their parents excluded from the games.

That coach in the video needs to go to jail.

"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher
Re: POS Coach... [Re: The Dude Abides] #8577375 04/13/22 03:09 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Jesus Christ... He needs some time in a cell to think about his actions

[Linked Image]
Re: POS Coach... [Re: The Dude Abides] #8577398 04/13/22 03:52 AM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
I can’t stand that sort of behavior. I cringed at it as a kid playing baseball, and I cringe at it now, as a parent with kids playing baseball.

As kids, we had a perfect record ruined by an umpire that was also a disgruntled coach. He felt that he’d been wronged by our fathers starting up their own team and taking us from his. He sucked as a coach, but it was nothing personal. Our dads wanted to do their own thing, we went with them, and we dominated. This loser coach eventually umpired one of our games and so obviously gave it to the other team that he was banned from the Lion’s Club for life. Even then, nobody was hostile about it. Parents got the guy in charge of the organization to show up and witness the spectacle. We lost the game, undeservedly, but we learned how things are supposed to be handled.

Re: POS Coach... [Re: dkershen] #8577410 04/13/22 04:17 AM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by dkershen
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
charges filed

Yep. As they should be. That coach from Abilene needs to learn a hard legal lesson here. Hope every kid on his team gets to write him a jail house letter.

I was the softball Tournament Dir for a decade in Colleyville. Ended up banning a couple of coaches and parents over the years for bad behavior. We generally did it by never allowing the team to enter a tournament or join our league again. May seem harsh, but it sent a strong message to a wider audience that misbehavior wouldn't be tolerated.

Only had to have one guy arrested. He was the idiot that had to be plastered to attend his daughters games. bang

Req is still pretty chill over here. I’ve been impressed with vast majority of coaches really holding the line on sportsmanship.

Everyone needs a good comedy show when there’s that parent that thinks Notre dame is there scouting their 8 year daughter.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: POS Coach... [Re: The Dude Abides] #8577464 04/13/22 11:19 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Been in plenty of youth sports. Ran a non-profit & successful vball club for four years. Having played a lot growing up, I knew refs calls worked both ways and bad calls were more likely the result of someone being wrong than any bias held against a team. They tended to even out over time. The "insight" from parental units was oftentimes interesting.

I remember a former D-1 college athlete telling me his 14 year old deserved more time on the court as she would wind up in the Olympics. She never even started for her HS.

I remember parents of a 17 year old sub telling a coach that their dd (darling daughter) needed to start the next game cuz, Baylor was gonna be there to scout her. He replied that if she wasn't good enough to start on the club team, Baylor was not going to be signing her. A good kid, she did end up at St. Edwards.

I remember being in the mens room at the Austin Convention Center relieving myself when I felt breastisis pushing me on the shoulder while I had something "special" in my hand. The irate mother of a 13 year old on a 2nd team chose that as the scene to let me know her dd deserved more playing time.

I could go on and on and on ad nauseum.

Re: POS Coach... [Re: Hudbone] #8577520 04/13/22 12:56 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Hudbone
Been in plenty of youth sports. Ran a non-profit & successful vball club for four years. Having played a lot growing up, I knew refs calls worked both ways and bad calls were more likely the result of someone being wrong than any bias held against a team. They tended to even out over time. The "insight" from parental units was oftentimes interesting.

I remember a former D-1 college athlete telling me his 14 year old deserved more time on the court as she would wind up in the Olympics. She never even started for her HS.

I remember parents of a 17 year old sub telling a coach that their dd (darling daughter) needed to start the next game cuz, Baylor was gonna be there to scout her. He replied that if she wasn't good enough to start on the club team, Baylor was not going to be signing her. A good kid, she did end up at St. Edwards.

I remember being in the mens room at the Austin Convention Center relieving myself when I felt breastisis pushing me on the shoulder while I had something "special" in my hand. The irate mother of a 13 year old on a 2nd team chose that as the scene to let me know her dd deserved more playing time.

I could go on and on and on ad nauseum.

The d1 parents are an oddity. Most parents that played at that level know best player on the field at what ever age won’t be the same next year. Especially under 16 as they physically change so much year to year.

It’s all amusing to me. Minus the specialized skill “pro” training to get them to a select level, that’s annoying. I miss sand lot.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: POS Coach... [Re: The Dude Abides] #8577600 04/13/22 02:19 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
"The d1 parents are an oddity. Most parents that played at that level know best player on the field at what ever age won’t be the same next year. Especially under 16 as they physically change so much year to year."

He had size and was effective. 4 year football player for the Sand Aggies. His kids just didn't have the same, desirable package.

Re: POS Coach... [Re: Lazyjack] #8577729 04/13/22 05:20 PM
skinnerback Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by Lazyjack
I had ban a dad due to behavior. He could only watch from outside the field.

Baseball has always been big in my family. My Dad was an Umpire for 25 years, and he threw a LOT of coaches and parents/fans out of the park. Someone would start running their mouth, they got one warning. After that, you were ejected from the park. Refuse to leave, and you go to jail for criminal trespass. Unsportsman like behavior was not tolerated at all back then.

My youngest kids play ball and I am continuously amazed at how much some of these umps put up with from coaches, parents, and players today. Little League game the other night some kid struck out then threw a damn temper tantrum walking back to the dug out. Threw the bat, threw his helmet....no one said a thing, not even his coach. Back when I played ball, something like that would have gotten me benched or ejected from the game, and after I got home and got my azz whooped my coach would have me running until I dropped. SMH.

Re: POS Coach... [Re: The Dude Abides] #8577741 04/13/22 05:36 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
I don’t post much anymore except for “religious” threads that rarely come up. However, as a coach for many many years, I disagree that this is a “POS coach.” He is not a coach at all. He is a parent with a self serving agenda. He is simply using sports and children for his own sense of importance and relevance.

A true coach first and foremost loves kids and wants to be a part of them becoming valuable members of society. Valuable members to family, and most of all a coach desires for all his players to be better humans after having spent time under his leadership with the ability to apply lessons learned to live a better life and pass on those lessons. He is a POS, but he is no coach.

Proverbs 2
Re: POS Coach... [Re: The Dude Abides] #8577871 04/13/22 08:34 PM
S
stinkbelly Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Wow peewee baseball coaches are as bad as peewee football coaches.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide