Print Thread
CREEK FISHING WITH A REALLY COOL FIND #8574988 04/09/22 06:07 PM
J
JCB Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
J
Hit the creeks again this morning looking for Sandbass. Found lots of Sandbass but let them all go. I didn’t go home empty handed though. I looked down at the last place I fished and right next to my feet there was a complete arrow head just laying there in the gravel. I have only found a handful in my life but this is my second one right in the heart of DFW. Just goes to show that even right in the heart of the metro mess these things can still be found. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: CREEK FISHING WITH A REALLY COOL FIND [Re: JCB] #8575001 04/09/22 06:50 PM
E
Espy Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
E
Wow great find and even better with the location.

Re: CREEK FISHING WITH A REALLY COOL FIND [Re: JCB] #8575008 04/09/22 07:10 PM
S
Stevarino Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
S
Nice find!
We’ve been looking for the sandies with my boys with no luck. Fished Rowlett creek yesterday and struck out. Saw a few stringers but coming out of the same crowded hole. That place is sketchy too by the way.

Re: CREEK FISHING WITH A REALLY COOL FIND [Re: Stevarino] #8575024 04/09/22 08:08 PM
J
JCB Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Stevarino
Nice find!
We’ve been looking for the sandies with my boys with no luck. Fished Rowlett creek yesterday and struck out. Saw a few stringers but coming out of the same crowded hole. That place is sketchy too by the way.

Rowlett Creek is pretty much a third world country now days but you can put together some epic stringers if you know where to fish and what to throw. On the weekends though you just got to get away from all the crowds or you will spend more time untangling lines instead of unhooking fish. I have fished that creek for 30 years and never seen more people and more trash than I see there now. Seems like any time I fish there now days I leave with a buzz from all the second hand smoke from everyone smoking weed. LOL

I expected lots of big females today but every single fish I caught was a male. They were really big males, but they were still all males. After that big flood monday I expected another big push of females but it didnt happen. That tells me we are on the backside of the spawn now. It will probably be good for another 2 weeks and then I will shift gears and start looking for Crappie.

Re: CREEK FISHING WITH A REALLY COOL FIND [Re: JCB] #8575185 04/10/22 12:26 AM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
That's cool!

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: CREEK FISHING WITH A REALLY COOL FIND [Re: JCB] #8575374 04/10/22 02:38 PM
1955 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Awesome ! food

Re: CREEK FISHING WITH A REALLY COOL FIND [Re: JCB] #8575499 04/10/22 05:48 PM
L
leswad Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
L
Outstanding!

[Linked Image]

FJB
Re: CREEK FISHING WITH A REALLY COOL FIND [Re: JCB] #8575518 04/10/22 06:26 PM
B
Biscuit Online Shocked
THF Celebrity
Online Shocked
THF Celebrity
B
Great find

Re: CREEK FISHING WITH A REALLY COOL FIND [Re: JCB] #8575787 04/11/22 01:02 AM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Great find, congrats!

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: CREEK FISHING WITH A REALLY COOL FIND [Re: JCB] #8575837 04/11/22 02:17 AM
10pointers Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
What a bonus to find while fishing Congrats

Signature images may not be larger than 600 pixels wide by 125 pixels tall. That smile says it all
[North Dakota -16degrees

"Things may come to those who wait, but only those things left by those who hustle."
- Abraham Lincoln
Re: CREEK FISHING WITH A REALLY COOL FIND [Re: JCB] #8576563 04/12/22 04:50 AM
R
Ringtail Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
Nice find!

Re: CREEK FISHING WITH A REALLY COOL FIND [Re: JCB] #8576663 04/12/22 12:59 PM
P
Pope&Young Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Nice find sir cheers
Where there's one there's more. I would take a day trip and walk the creek and see what else you can find up

[Linked Image]
Re: CREEK FISHING WITH A REALLY COOL FIND [Re: JCB] #8576692 04/12/22 01:35 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by JCB
Originally Posted by Stevarino
Nice find!

Rowlett Creek is pretty much a third world country now days but you can put together some epic stringers if you know where to fish and what to throw. On the weekends though you just got to get away from all the crowds or you will spend more time untangling lines instead of unhooking fish. I have fished that creek for 30 years and never seen more people and more trash than I see there now. Seems like any time I fish there now days I leave with a buzz from all the second hand smoke from everyone smoking weed. LOL

I expected lots of big females today but every single fish I caught was a male. They were really big males, but they were still all males. After that big flood monday I expected another big push of females but it didnt happen. That tells me we are on the backside of the spawn now. It will probably be good for another 2 weeks and then I will shift gears and start looking for Crappie.

Cool find cheers

I use to fish the bank behind the apartments off Chaha rd around 40 years ago in the spring and catch a lot of Sandies & Hybrids. Back then there were only a few other people fishing it.
Then the Asians found out about it and F upped everything, there were so many of them on the bank you could barely find a place to cast, they trashed the place also.

Fished Rowlett creek a couple of times before that, it was also a great place to catch anything and everything.

Another great place to fish a long time ago was below the Dam on Lake Texoma until guess what? Yep the Asian Invasion started and it went to hell in a hand basket.

Last edited by Stub; 04/12/22 01:37 PM.

texas flag

Re: CREEK FISHING WITH A REALLY COOL FIND [Re: Stub] #8577033 04/12/22 08:57 PM
J
JCB Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Stub

Cool find cheers

I use to fish the bank behind the apartments off Chaha rd around 40 years ago in the spring and catch a lot of Sandies & Hybrids. Back then there were only a few other people fishing it.
Then the Asians found out about it and F upped everything, there were so many of them on the bank you could barely find a place to cast, they trashed the place also.

Fished Rowlett creek a couple of times before that, it was also a great place to catch anything and everything.

Another great place to fish a long time ago was below the Dam on Lake Texoma until guess what? Yep the Asian Invasion started and it went to hell in a hand basket.

The problem with that creek right now starts at our southern border. I have fished that creek for 30 years and on a weekday you could go there and see no more than 10 people if you walked for miles. I bet you right now you can go there and even with the severe weather about to march across the area you could encounter 500 people from the mouth of the creek to the 190 bridge and 475 of them will not speak a bit of english or at the very least speak english as a second language. The strain on our fisheries is getting out of hand. I know several lakes that have changed the catfish regulations because "more people are targeting catfish now". The truth is they had to change the regulations because there is so much extra strain on that resource because of all the people spilling across the border. Its hard to understand unless you have seen it with your own eyes. On the weekends you can go to Rowlett Creek now and there will be literally thousands of people shoulder to shoulder and you will be lucky to find anyone with english as their first language. I am not saying they are bad people, most are very friendly despite the multiple language barriers.

Thankfully I have many places to fish so Rowlett Creek is just a option at this point. Our resources cant handle the extra pressure though. Anybody can see that.

Re: CREEK FISHING WITH A REALLY COOL FIND [Re: JCB] #8577501 04/13/22 12:32 PM
P
Pope&Young Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by JCB

Cool find cheers

The problem with that creek right now starts at our southern border. I have fished that creek for 30 years and on a weekday you could go there and see no more than 10 people if you walked for miles. I bet you right now you can go there and even with the severe weather about to march across the area you could encounter 500 people from the mouth of the creek to the 190 bridge and 475 of them will not speak a bit of english or at the very least speak english as a second language. The strain on our fisheries is getting out of hand. I know several lakes that have changed the catfish regulations because "more people are targeting catfish now". The truth is they had to change the regulations because there is so much extra strain on that resource because of all the people spilling across the border. Its hard to understand unless you have seen it with your own eyes. On the weekends you can go to Rowlett Creek now and there will be literally thousands of people shoulder to shoulder and you will be lucky to find anyone with english as their first language. I am not saying they are bad people, most are very friendly despite the multiple language barriers.

Thankfully I have many places to fish so Rowlett Creek is just a option at this point. Our resources cant handle the extra pressure though. Anybody can see that.

And how many have a valid fishing license 🤬

[Linked Image]
Re: CREEK FISHING WITH A REALLY COOL FIND [Re: JCB] #8577545 04/13/22 01:16 PM
T
Tophers Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
Bonus find, good find!

Re: CREEK FISHING WITH A REALLY COOL FIND [Re: JCB] #8578216 04/14/22 11:54 AM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Beautiful.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: CREEK FISHING WITH A REALLY COOL FIND [Re: Espy] #8581112 04/19/22 01:49 PM
M
Mr. T. Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted by Espy
Wow great find and even better with the location.

X2

Cabin rental in Pagosa Springs, Co.
Sleeps 10, If interested please PM me.
Re: CREEK FISHING WITH A REALLY COOL FIND [Re: JCB] #8582065 04/20/22 07:24 PM
C
Cochise Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted by JCB

Cool find cheers

He's not wrong about the Asians though. They're just as bad as those flowing across the Southern border. They're notorious for catching fish (far beyond legal limits) below Tawakoni when it is spilling and taking them to Dallas to sell. They'll fill up a cooler, someone will drive by to get it, they'll swap an empty, and keep on fishing. They're too stupid to realize they're easily watched by the GW and they get busted frequently.

There are some great creeks/rivers within about a 2 hour drive of Dallas that are still somewhat "secret" and don't have near the crowds and trash...they have just as good if not better white bass runs and crappie fishing when the time is right.

Re: CREEK FISHING WITH A REALLY COOL FIND [Re: JCB] #8582841 04/21/22 07:51 PM
C
colt45-90 Offline
Texas colt45
Texas colt45
C
great find, used to find in North Austin, then development covered every thing up

hold on Newt, we got a runaway
Re: CREEK FISHING WITH A REALLY COOL FIND [Re: JCB] #8583265 04/22/22 12:00 PM
B
bigjoe8565 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
That’s cool. My old preacher growing up spent years collecting arrow heads and spear points. He had a knack for finding them, and put together quite the collection over the years.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide