Print Thread
Two of the things I hate most in my life… #8570371 04/03/22 01:50 AM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

Plumbing and fixing other peoples “F”up’s….

All day today I had got to enjoy both… mad

Totally consumed all the plans I had for my day off…

Will are the toilet tomorrow morning after the cement is good and dry….

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Two of the things I hate most in my life… [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8570378 04/03/22 01:54 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I hate em with you!!!

Went through that crap over and over on my last house. That sumbish did EVERYTHING half azzed. Cheap and fast. So I constantly had to re-do everything he did, but do it the right way. I bought that house on 2002, and I'd prolly still break his damn nose if I saw him again.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Two of the things I hate most in my life… [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8570380 04/03/22 01:54 AM
S
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Biggest problem was the “T” wasn’t set straight and the riser didn’t exist so the just filled with cement below the floor level….

Wax rig didn’t seal not did the overlap from the T to the flange…..sloppy workmanship! Flat out lazy! Jackass!

[Linked Image]

Re: Two of the things I hate most in my life… [Re: J.G.] #8570381 04/03/22 01:56 AM
S
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by FiremanJG
I hate em with you!!!

Went through that crap over and over on my last house. That sumbish did EVERYTHING half azzed. Cheap and fast. So I constantly had to re-do everything he did, but do it the right way. I bought that house on 2002, and I'd prolly still break his damn nose if I saw him again.

Breaking his nose is letting him off easy! I’m thinking about a hole in the back 40 with no whitenesses!

S.S.S. roflmao

Re: Two of the things I hate most in my life… [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8570383 04/03/22 01:57 AM
G
GusWayne Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
Thought this was gonna be about taxes and the ATF's bs

Re: Two of the things I hate most in my life… [Re: GusWayne] #8570384 04/03/22 01:59 AM
S
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by procraft05
Thought this was gonna be about taxes and the ATF's bs

Both are full of sh!t… confused2

Re: Two of the things I hate most in my life… [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8570391 04/03/22 02:08 AM
S
splicer Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Are your bolts that hold the toilet down going to line up with your toilet? I'm no expert but something seems off to me IDK. I'm not fan of plumbing either!!

Last edited by splicer; 04/03/22 02:24 AM.

"Everything is Somewhere"
Re: Two of the things I hate most in my life… [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8570405 04/03/22 02:27 AM
S
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Yes…I didn’t set it exactly at 90% because I angle the toilet slightly away from the wall for elbow room.

Normally they would be moved more square from the wall.

This gives me a little flexibility on the angle I set the toilet….

I hate cramped spaces…this is a very cramped space so I’m making a slight “adjustment”… roflmao

Re: Two of the things I hate most in my life… [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8570470 04/03/22 04:21 AM
S
splicer Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
I feel better now, It looks like you know what your doing for sure, however I was a little concerned until your explanation.

"Everything is Somewhere"
Re: Two of the things I hate most in my life… [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8570493 04/03/22 06:06 AM
kry226 Online Content
The General
Online Content
The General
sick

[Linked Image]
Re: Two of the things I hate most in my life… [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8570527 04/03/22 12:02 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
I hate all types of plumbing work. If it ain't screwed up when I start I can usually screw up something before I finish.

Re: Two of the things I hate most in my life… [Re: don k] #8570549 04/03/22 12:45 PM
S
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by splicer
It looks like you know what your doing for sure……

I can’t imagine what the hell gave you that idea…. roflmao

I’m a hack plumber at best. I realized this morning what you were referring to. I’m using the long slots which are aligned about an inch above the grout line to anchor the bowl with, not the smaller slots open to the outside of the flange. up
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by don k
I hate all types of plumbing work. If it ain't screwed up when I start I can usually screw up something before I finish.

That’s about where I’m at. Had a pipe break during the deep freeze a couple years ago. Luckily it was to the sprinkler system so I could shut it off. I was working in bossier city so my sweet bride hired a “plumber” to make the repair. The first one came out a couple times. His joints leaked. So after two failures with him she got someone else. They fixed it but a 90 cracked a couple months later…. I finally fixed it myself last summer….. rolleyes

The flood….. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The “professional plumber” put the line with the shutoff valve about 3” from the primary line to the house so there was no way a valve box could be put there so I cut out everything they did and fixed it myself….
[Linked Image]

I’m just thankful that I’m now working 2 miles from the house instead of 200 miles! And I’m home every night and most weekends as opposed to being home 2-5 days a month….
cheers banana banana2

Re: Two of the things I hate most in my life… [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8572409 04/05/22 10:40 PM
B
Biscuit Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
You da man Wrangler!

Re: Two of the things I hate most in my life… [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8572878 04/06/22 04:30 PM
G
greenen Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
I fixed a rocking toilet with the repair ring you've got in the picture one time. Took my time, got the new donut in there good and tightened down the toilet after seating it. Sat on in and rocked on it to show my 11 or 12 year old son how easy it was to fix it right and broke the ring on one side. mad

Re: Two of the things I hate most in my life… [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8573024 04/06/22 07:11 PM
P
PappawRock Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
My best work so far in 50+ years as a diy plumber was slowing down a leak under a sink from 3 pans a week to about one a month...

Re: Two of the things I hate most in my life… [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8573068 04/06/22 08:08 PM
topwater13 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
I am sure you don't want to hear this, but a sanitary tee on its' back like in the pic is not up to code and will not properly direct water flow. Looks like a pretty shallow rough-in that I am sure you weren't a part of. A combination is the proper fitting in this application.This could also backsplash and cause the wax to blow out from underneath....which may be why it was leaking??? I may would go back with a "better than wax" rubber seal in the application.

Re: Two of the things I hate most in my life… [Re: topwater13] #8573193 04/06/22 10:11 PM
S
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by topwater13
I am sure you don't want to hear this, but a sanitary tee on its' back like in the pic is not up to code and will not properly direct water flow. Looks like a pretty shallow rough-in that I am sure you weren't a part of. A combination is the proper fitting in this application. This could also backsplash and cause the wax to blow out from underneath....which may be why it was leaking??? I may would go back with a "better than wax" rubber seal in the application.

Rough-in was 1979.....I have no idea what "code" was then if any....it isn't leaking yet. the only thing on that line is the bathroom sink, commode, and washer....

This is to one of four...yes FOUR...septic tanks I have.... bang

North side...washer and half bath (sink & toilet)
East side...kitchen..
South side...Master bath (two sinks, toilet, and shower)
West side...Full bath (shower, sink, & toilet)

Each going to their own septic tank then to two separate leach fields.... bang

I would really like to spend a little "quality time" with who the hell ever designed this mess for a little chat.... mad mad mad

Re: Two of the things I hate most in my life… [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8573327 04/07/22 01:40 AM
topwater13 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
Originally Posted by topwater13
I am sure you don't want to hear this, but a sanitary tee on its' back like in the pic is not up to code and will not properly direct water flow. Looks like a pretty shallow rough-in that I am sure you weren't a part of. A combination is the proper fitting in this application. This could also backsplash and cause the wax to blow out from underneath....which may be why it was leaking??? I may would go back with a "better than wax" rubber seal in the application.

Rough-in was 1979.....I have no idea what "code" was then if any....it isn't leaking yet. the only thing on that line is the bathroom sink, commode, and washer....

This is to one of four...yes FOUR...septic tanks I have.... bang

North side...washer and half bath (sink & toilet)
East side...kitchen..
South side...Master bath (two sinks, toilet, and shower)
West side...Full bath (shower, sink, & toilet)

Each going to their own septic tank then to two separate leach fields.... bang

I would really like to spend a little "quality time" with who the hell ever designed this mess for a little chat.... mad mad mad

cheers

Re: Two of the things I hate most in my life… [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8573560 04/07/22 01:51 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Bout 6 years ago wife said "we remodeled a bedroom, the living room and added on, let's remodel the hall bathroom".

I told her, "we will see the earth underneath the house in that bathroom."

She said "how do you know?"

Me, "we take the vanity out, get the walls down to studs, and start taking up layers of flooring, there will be rotted floor that will have to come out down to floor joists, mark my words."

Not only was I right, even some floor joists had to be replaced. My first house experiences are why the house I built was built the way it was. Over build the first time and probably never have to touch it again.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Re: Two of the things I hate most in my life… [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8573834 04/07/22 07:51 PM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Noticed few loose tiles. I had plenty of time, so I held out for a really good commercial plumber that was referred to me. Caught him between jobs for the rough and final. This guy was sharp, and very good. I bought everything from Ferguson, had it here waiting on him and he nailed it. I now also have a really good residential guy for minor repairs. My plumbing ability ends with installing a hot water heater, anything beyond that I call the man. Especially if it involves busting the slab and moving drains and supply. A good plumber is right up there with a good Dr in my book. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: Two of the things I hate most in my life… [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8573854 04/07/22 08:32 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Looks great S&W!

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Two of the things I hate most in my life… [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #8573865 04/07/22 08:49 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER
Looks great S&W!
I gotta admit the pucker factor was pretty high, hoping I laid it all out to fit correctly. The framing, I had to get the hinges for the glass to be really solid, and getting the tile to finish out on the same plane as the drywall kept me thinking a while. Then I remembered sheet rock came in 1/4" thickness. I hired plumber, glass guy and a tile guy that should be an artist. If you ever do a really nice master bath project, use Ferguson for your fixtures. They ain't cheap but when I picked everything up it was prefect.

Re: Two of the things I hate most in my life… [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8574327 04/08/22 01:45 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Building my house, I called a buddy and asked for his Plumber's number. The plumber was good and fast, so he wasn't cheap. I'd say he is a friend of mine now. Super happy with the work he did, and the way he treated me.

I originally planned to wire the house myself. My Ag teachers, then my dad taught me a whole lot over the last 28 years. I enjoy electrical work. I despise plumbing.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Re: Two of the things I hate most in my life… [Re: J.G.] #8574615 04/08/22 08:58 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by FiremanJG
Building my house, I called a buddy and asked for his Plumber's number. The plumber was good and fast, so he wasn't cheap. I'd say he is a friend of mine now. Super happy with the work he did, and the way he treated me.

I originally planned to wire the house myself. My Ag teachers, then my dad taught me a whole lot over the last 28 years. I enjoy electrical work. I despise plumbing.

My stepson is a Master, has his own small business doing strictly commercial electrical contracting. He can come over here and install eve plugs, can lights, USB plugs, whatever we want and make it look very easy. I stay out of his way.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide