S
Sewer rat Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted by DLALLDER
Originally Posted by freerange
$499 or what?

Yes Plus tax. Corn $9 but WILL NOT ASSIST in loading cause BUCCESS is losing money every bag it sells, This information came straight from the ASST Store Manager's mouth. BUT THEY WILL LOAD A PALLET FOR YOU, Something about that logic simply doesn't make sense to me. Maybe it's just me and my logic. I told the ASST MANAGER that I didn't want BUCCESS TO LOSE MONEY on my account so I DID NOT PURCHASE ANY CORN. Thanks Daniel

That makes no sense. They have a million employees standing around. Their employees are paid the same either way if they are loading corn or scratching their butts. They are just lazy.

Re: BUCCEES FEEDERS [Re: DLALLDER] #8559494 03/18/22 08:34 PM
A
Ag Hoff 90 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
A
Well I did it yesterday, went to Royce City and purchased one of Buccess #600 feeders. Thanks to everyone that assisted with information. Feeder is now a lease and plan to get it set in place next Tuesday. Daniel

Well I did it yesterday, went to Royce City and purchased one of Buccess #600 feeders. Thanks to everyone that assisted with information. Feeder is now a lease and plan to get it set in place next Tuesday. Daniel

They are great feeders. But there are a few simple modifications that you can make to improve them.

Add an horizontal brace between the two open legs to deter hogs from going underneath. Also, bolt on metal plates (found at HD) on all four sides to extend the bottom plate of the feeder. This will keep long armed coons from reaching
the spinner plate. Painting the exterior isn’t a bad idea if you plan to run cameras to reduce reflective flash.

Oh, and be sure to stake them down.

Re: BUCCEES FEEDERS [Re: Ag Hoff 90] #8559639 03/19/22 12:09 AM
syncerus Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by Ag Hoff 90

They are great feeders. But there are a few simple modifications that you can make to improve them.

Add an horizontal brace between the two open legs to deter hogs from going underneath. Also, bolt on metal plates (found at HD) on all four sides to extend the bottom plate of the feeder. This will keep long armed coons from reaching
the spinner plate. Painting the exterior isn’t a bad idea if you plan to run cameras to reduce reflective flash.

Do you mind posting a picture of your mods?

NRA Patriot Benefactor & DSC Lifer
Re: BUCCEES FEEDERS [Re: Ag Hoff 90] #8559711 03/19/22 01:22 AM
D
DLALLDER Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
D

Paint normally doesn't stick to galvanized metal very good unless you treat the metal before painting and I have forgotten what it needs to be treated with. Daniel

Re: BUCCEES FEEDERS [Re: DLALLDER] #8559741 03/19/22 02:04 AM
Klinker Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
That reflective flash could be a big issue!

Re: BUCCEES FEEDERS [Re: DLALLDER] #8559760 03/19/22 02:24 AM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
When sun hits just right my pics look like this. I thought it was something to do with reflecting off the shiny feeder and asked about it on here but didn’t get much if any feed back. Camera facing north and it’s just after sunup.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: BUCCEES FEEDERS [Re: DLALLDER] #8559794 03/19/22 03:04 AM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S

Paint normally doesn't stick to galvanized metal very good unless you treat the metal before painting and I have forgotten what it needs to be treated with. Daniel

Vinegar rub on and allowed to dry will make paint stick better to galvanized metal.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: BUCCEES FEEDERS [Re: freerange] #8559796 03/19/22 03:05 AM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
When sun hits just right my pics look like this. I thought it was something to do with reflecting off the shiny feeder and asked about it on here but didn’t get much if any feed back. Camera facing north and it’s just after sunup.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

My feeders do the same thing when the sun hits them at the right angle and it aligns with the camera no matter what the direction it faces. It has to do with the low profile feeder and the angle the sun hits it.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: BUCCEES FEEDERS [Re: syncerus] #8560035 03/19/22 03:26 PM
A
Ag Hoff 90 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
A
Originally Posted by syncerus

Do you mind posting a picture of your mods?

You bet.

Unfortunately this is the only pic I have at the moment and it's not the greatest.

You'll notice the plate extensions that I added. And the cross brace to the legs. Quick rattle can green paint job too.

[Linked Image]

Re: BUCCEES FEEDERS [Re: DLALLDER] #8560082 03/19/22 04:55 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Outstanding AgHoff. Thanks for posting. Exactly what I thought about doing.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: BUCCEES FEEDERS [Re: stxranchman] #8560139 03/19/22 06:36 PM
R
rickym Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by stxranchman
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

My feeders do the same thing when the sun hits them at the right angle and it aligns with the camera no matter what the direction it faces. It has to do with the low profile feeder and the angle the sun hits it.

Buy Browning, face them south.

Re: BUCCEES FEEDERS [Re: DLALLDER] #8560174 03/19/22 07:50 PM
syncerus Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Thanks for posting the mods pic. cheers

NRA Patriot Benefactor & DSC Lifer
Re: BUCCEES FEEDERS [Re: DLALLDER] #8562781 03/23/22 01:56 PM
B
B_Man Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
We had those shiny stand and fill feeders and did not want them to be beacons for others to see
and maybe even think about stealing so we painted ours. We bought a can of brake cleaner (cheap)
and sprayed over the feeder to remove oils, dirt etc. then we found some paint that is at the auto stores
used to paint sheet metal on cars. The cans are expensive at about $25 per can but thought this was the right type
of paint for our sheet metal on our feeders. This paint comes in olive color (somewhat an olive tree color) and has held up nicely.
Maybe something to try. Just our 2 cents. [Linked Image]

Re: BUCCEES FEEDERS [Re: DLALLDER] #8562806 03/23/22 02:26 PM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Krylon makes a good self etching primer at a more friendly price. Available at Wally World.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide