Print Thread
Page 5 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 27 28
Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: Stub] #8536191 02/20/22 04:07 PM
L
leswad Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
L
With funerals up 40%, the market will probably be dropping for both rural and urban real estate over the next few years. However, I am sure the millions of the new illegal residents will bring in the assets to keep the market going up or the government gives these new illegals $450,000 each to keep the market strong. bolt

Talked to a Texarkana teacher this last week and he stated 5% of the enrollment was illegal aliens.

[Linked Image]

FJB
Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: Stub] #8536196 02/20/22 04:15 PM
J
Jman Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
Stub it would be hard to not test the market with that kind of markup. Even with the inflated value of homes $700k plus still buys you a lot of options.

My kids (son and daughter in law) are in real estate down in Austin and they listed her moms house in a gated community. When neighbors around there got wind of what it sold for and how much over ask they got two more immediate listings with others trying to cash in. All of them sold the first weekend for way more than ask.

Jim Featherston
Mortgage Loan Officer - NMLS 2509901
Red Diamond Home Loans
165 S Kimball Ave, Suite 100
Southlake, TX 76092
PH 972-890-3114
Apply at: RDHLoans.com/Jim
Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: Stub] #8536198 02/20/22 04:17 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Stub
Originally Posted by RedRanger
Originally Posted by FiremanJG
I am the opposite, putting out in the sticks I would bored out of my mind, I would probably become a meth head or a drunk

I like all the modern convivence life has to offer

roflmao "BORED!!!"

No such thing with big acreage.

I am in my 9th year on this place. I have worked, almos every day I was off duty. Probably 210 days a year. There is ALWAYS something to do. I could keep myself and two other people busy, 5 days a week, for several years to come.

Just another reason not to move out in the sticks, now you have to work 2 jobs to get by, no thanks. I worked hard in my younger days so I wouldn't have to hump it 24/7. I can hire a landscape company to mow, weedeat, edge and blow grass clipping for $25 per week during mowing season

Plus if I wanted to sell my property right now, I could list it at market price and have 30 offers same day and the top ones would need to come in about $150K over full asking price if they want to be in the running.

RR your house in the Philippines that will be completed in July, do you plan on selling your Frisco house and taking up residence there (Philippines) or is that going to be a second home for winter or?

[Linked Image]

Philippines would be part time for now, I still want to travel other parts of the world. But with the housing market being so crazy High, I am tempted to sell out and move, but I really enjoy living in Frisco and I enjoy my house. I have a walking trail outside my door, 2 nice ponds and huge community pool if I wanted to swim.

Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: Stub] #8536203 02/20/22 04:20 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

I don't have to work two jobs to get by. The land and the shop are paid off. Improving the place is a labor of love. And I I listed mine right now, I would probably put $1.5 M profit in the bank. So there's that...

Don't sound fun to me, You have to work a job and then come home and work all day keeping up the land by you accounts "There is ALWAYS something to do. I could keep myself and two other people busy, 5 days a week, for several years to come"

Screw that, I want to relax and enjoy life and travel when I am older, not having to work all the time.

There will come a day when I am done with construction, done with land over haul, done with fence, done with brush clearing. It will just be a little bit of maintenance by then.

I am willing to do what others are not willing to do. So that I can have what they cannot have.

For me I see living out in the country isolated as a death sentence, I would be bored to death. Just not my thing, it cool to hang out for a day, but get me back to civilization

Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: Stub] #8536206 02/20/22 04:27 PM
J
Jimbo1 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Give me a house on the lake with a fishable dock and I'm set for life. Never be bored.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: RedRanger] #8536216 02/20/22 04:34 PM
J.G. Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
To each their own. I want no part of living inside a city limit.

Whole lot of guys I work with do the same thing. We babysit adults, so we want the hell away from them when we are off duty.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: Stub] #8536229 02/20/22 04:41 PM
B
BigfootWallace Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
It's nice to be able to grow your own stuff also. We look forward to a big garden every year, get fresh eggs and raise our own beef. I never want to depend on someone else for everything. Plus with the way inflation is right now you save a ton on groceries.

Producers vs Consumers

Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: J.G.] #8536249 02/20/22 05:09 PM
Greg Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
To each their own. I want no part of living inside a city

It’s getting so crowded. 4 years and both kids will be out of high school. That’s when we will sell and hopefully find a nice 20-40 acres to settle down on.

Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: Stub] #8536252 02/20/22 05:20 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
I enjoy living in the city most of the time, traffic being the single biggest downside for me. It suits our lifestyle with 4 young kids and my career. I also enjoy having property 1.5 hrs away to get away when I want. I can certainly see pros and cons to both. If I had my wish I'd live in the same place but on 3-5 acres instead of one. That is possible, but I'd probably have to drive another 15-20 minutes on my commute and I don't want to do that.

Everyone has different preferences and there's no right or wrong when it comes to these sorts of things.

Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: Stub] #8536257 02/20/22 05:29 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
I had not lived in a city since 1986 till last year in May when I sold my land where I lived in South Texas. I sold at the right time but I also sold at the wrong time. I had a place under contract that was raw land. I could not find a place to rent within 30 miles that was not stupid high. Nothing was available in the country either. I tried by in my area as close as I could but as fast as something hit the market it sold or was under contract. Same with trying to build me a house....electricity was 5 months out, water wells were 10-16 months out, septic was 8-10 months out, builders weren't even returning calls.....I ended up having to buy a house 55 miles from my new place and that was in town. I hated it for 9 months till I decided to go back to work managing a ranch. That allowed me to move and now sell that house...I live in the country and away from any towns. Now I can take my time and get a house built on my new place. I lived less than 2 miles from it now. Perfection.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: Stub] #8536266 02/20/22 05:42 PM
H
Hooker Offline
Patriarch
Patriarch
H
As I read a lot of the postings, let me inject a bit,

We sold the Lewisville house years ago, moved to the country,,,, Fantastic, however: YOU WILL AGE, and then it becomes a real chore to travel to the larger Cities for proper medical care. Not to say, rural maintenance is tough when your over 85.

"Happiness is more important then spilled jelly"

Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: BigfootWallace] #8536342 02/20/22 07:49 PM
J.G. Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by BigfootWallace
It's nice to be able to grow your own stuff also. We look forward to a big garden every year, get fresh eggs and raise our own beef. I never want to depend on someone else for everything. Plus with the way inflation is right now you save a ton on groceries.

Producers vs Consumers

I planted a peach, a pear, and a plum tree Feb. 1

Garden is going to get started this year.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: RedRanger] #8536374 02/20/22 08:16 PM
D
der Teufel Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
For me I see living out in the country isolated as a death sentence, I would be bored to death. Just not my thing, it cool to hang out for a day, but get me back to civilization

There's some truth in that. I had a buddy who owned several hundred acres of mostly wooded land a little over an hour away from where I lived. He moved a house onto the property and gave me a key. I'd call and make sure his family wouldn't be out before I went, but otherwise he said act like I owned it. I mended fences, did what I could to improve the roads, and spent more time mowing on his tractor than he did. I hunted feral hogs a lot. Still, sometimes I'd sit on the porch and wonder what I'd do if lived there. I concluded that I'd eventually get bored.

Originally Posted by Hooker
YOU WILL AGE, and then it becomes a real chore to travel to the larger Cities for proper medical care. Not to say, rural maintenance is tough when your over 85.

This is definitely the truth.

I know others will see it differently, but I don't think country living would suit me in the long run.

I have two unwritten rules:
Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: Stub] #8536377 02/20/22 08:19 PM
H
Huntmaster Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
And that’s why they have chocolate ice cream and vanilla.

Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: J.G.] #8536379 02/20/22 08:19 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D

....Do what others are not willing to do. So that I can have what they cannot have.

Such a great quote that applies to so many things in life. up

Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: Stub] #8536479 02/20/22 10:22 PM
A
angus1956 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
A
Have lived in the country off and on most of my life. We perfer country living over city life just having open space and no neighbor's on top of us means a lot. Lived in Frisco from 99-2014 till my boys finished school. Got back to the country quick as we could. Yes we all age and have to consider medical services and where they are, I'll be 66 in May and think I have 10+ years of country living left in me.

Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: Stub] #8536540 02/20/22 11:43 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
I am 75. I have as many years of Country living as I do of years left to live. If I had to move to the city you might as well just shoot me. I already told my kids. I will not go to a nursing home. I will end my life here at the place if it comes to that.

Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: Jimbo1] #8537151 02/21/22 03:17 PM
M
MO Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Jimbo1
Originally Posted by missingAK
Originally Posted by Marc K
Lakefront properties down are selling for stupid money. It is not uncommon to see homes selling for double or triple what they were 2-4 years ago.

The timing for us was intentional - we bought here on the lake when we saw California coming to Texas in waves with pockets full of equity cash. I was 64, and wanted to get here on the lake fast to lock the taxes on a cheaper home before the boom. I am in the cheap seats and I could not afford to buy my house again today - only been here 4 years.

I couldn't even come close to affording to buy my place again. Think I'll be riding it out and watching the chaos happen around me. I feel really bad for a lot of folks I know that were saving to buy their dream property who have been priced out of the market.

Yea, I wish I had the sense to buy my dream lake house before now. I just did a quick search and believe it's a losing cause. Some dreams just aren't meant to come true I guess.

I bought my lake lot in 1998, I make a good income , but I would not be able to afford one today.

MO

MY BACKYARD , 20,000 ACRES , NO MOWING smile

Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: Stub] #8537204 02/21/22 04:00 PM
N
Nathan at Fork Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Why dis this turn into a country living vs city limit thread? Live wherever the hell makes tou happy and be happy others can do the same. Because MERICA!

LETS GET BACK TO THE TOPIC.

[Linked Image]
Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: Jman] #8537303 02/21/22 05:53 PM
S
Stub Online Happy OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Jman
Stub it would be hard to not test the market with that kind of markup. Even with the inflated value of homes $700k plus still buys you a lot of options.

My kids (son and daughter in law) are in real estate down in Austin and they listed her moms house in a gated community. When neighbors around there got wind of what it sold for and how much over ask they got two more immediate listings with others trying to cash in. All of them sold the first weekend for way more than ask.

The other people that jumped up and sold their house, where the heck did they go?

Situation here is my wife loves her job that is located real close to us and is making good money. If we sold our house we would have to find another house to rent or buy that is close too.

If I had that crystal ball that prophesied that the economy was going to collapse in 9 months and the housing market was going to tank, then yes I would sell this one, bank the profits rent a house for a year then explore my options on what to buy at that time.

Unfortunately I do not have that Crystal ball or I would be somewhere close to my ocean side home in Cabo San Lucas on my 48' fishing boat with lines out with drinks in hand up

Last edited by Stub; 02/21/22 05:55 PM.

texas flag

Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: J.G.] #8537306 02/21/22 06:00 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by BigfootWallace

Producers vs Consumers

I planted a peach, a pear, and a plum tree Feb. 1

Garden is going to get started this year.

3 Peach trees(two are about ready to be replaced), two softshell pecan, 70 yards of blackberries, 20 yards of raspberries, and decent garden here, but adding another 500-600 sq ft to it.

I no longer feed out beef for personal use, easier to just buy prime cuts and sub venison in for burger.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: Stub] #8537315 02/21/22 06:11 PM
S
Stump_jumper Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
My daughter and her husband just bought a house on 1 acre in Forney. He was looking for a place with a shop. This one did not have one so he offered $19k under list and got it.

2017 Tundra 5.7 CM 4x4
2006 Champion 2200 Bay Boat
Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: Stump_jumper] #8537349 02/21/22 07:11 PM
P
Poppa Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Stump_jumper
My daughter and her husband just bought a house on 1 acre in Forney. He was looking for a place with a shop. This one did not have one so he offered $19k under list and got it.

what was listing price?

Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: Stub] #8538057 02/22/22 03:35 PM
S
Stub Online Happy OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
I often go to Lands of America and look at most of the large land listings of 1,000 acres and up in Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Colorado and Arkansas.
Properties that I thought were nice and had been listed for quite some time have been selling quick lately with very few new listings.

Obviously the land grab is and has been smoking hot here in the Southwest.

texas flag

Re: Property Values Crazy. [Re: Stub] #8538073 02/22/22 03:51 PM
B
BradyBuck Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Not sure how this got into a rural vs urban debate but I'm thankful everyday that I'm raising my children in a place that hasn't gone completely crazy.

A place that by in large still has conservative values a place they can grow up in a similar environment that I did.

I guess you guys get used to it but I can't imagine living in the city, I can hardly stand just driving through.

HRCH Washita's Kimber Locked N Loaded
GRHRCH Firefly's Rally The Troops MH
Page 5 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 27 28
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide