Print Thread
ATN Store #8532044 02/15/22 03:19 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Ya'll probably already know this, I just saw where ATN has opened a retail store at Grapevine Mills Mall

Just an FYI

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: ATN Store [Re: Buzzsaw] #8532099 02/15/22 04:10 PM
Double Naught Spy Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
...back in August of 2021,

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: ATN Store [Re: Double Naught Spy] #8532170 02/15/22 05:56 PM
R
red stick Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
R
Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy

I know you're looking to replace your Trijicon. So pretty sure you been looking ATN over. smile

Re: ATN Store [Re: Buzzsaw] #8532535 02/16/22 02:40 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Doesn't matter.

Do not buy anything ATN, ever!

ATN discussion over.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: ATN Store [Re: red stick] #8533175 02/16/22 11:42 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by red stick

I know you're looking to replace your Trijicon. So pretty sure you been looking ATN over. smile

You made me smile. Thank you. I am considering another rifle scope as backup/guest gun, but not a replacement. ATN will not be on the list of optics to consider.

Re: ATN Store [Re: Buzzsaw] #8533212 02/17/22 12:22 AM
G
GusWayne Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
Buy two!

Re: ATN Store [Re: Buzzsaw] #8533555 02/17/22 10:59 AM
Y
yotehater Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Y
Sales tax additional.

One shot is all it should take.
Re: ATN Store [Re: Buzzsaw] #8537147 02/21/22 03:16 PM
KJG Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
I’ve had nothing but great luck with ATN, have two Thor 4 4.5-18, one on an ar 10 6.5 creedmoor and another on an AR15 22 Nosler. Have killed hundreds of hogs on my ranch with zero issues. I recently purchased a Thermion 2 XQ38 2.5-10 to put on an AR 6.5 Grendel and although happy with it and like the PIP feature, it is not on par with my Thor 4’s and it was several hundred $ more expensive. My most recent purchase has been an LT320 5-10 I have on a Remington 30RAR and it’s equivalent clarity wise to the XQ38. Knock on wood I haven’t had to deal with customer service, my oldest Thor 4 is 4 years old or so, can’t remember buy got it not long after that version came out. Never an issue, easier to sight in to me than the pulsar. I hunt on black or white hit but playing around the other colors on the pulsar do work better but I never hunt in any other mode anyways. The atn’s are much more sensitive to dialing in focus, doesn’t take much of a tweak to change it up where my pulsar has a broader range when focusing the objective focus and programming can be tricky but is super easy once you get use to it. The obsidian 4 app is much better than streamvision 2 as well.

Scopes seems to be a lot like trucks, I don’t like Fords but have friends that won’t drive anything but and bad mouth every other brand.

Re: ATN Store [Re: Buzzsaw] #8537197 02/21/22 03:55 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Thermal is a lot like vehicles when it comes to brand and model loyalty. Sure enough, people loved their Pintos. People loved the original Mini Coopers. People loved Edsels. People loved their Corvairs. Most people did not burn alive in their Pintos or Corvairs. Some Edsel owners actually had reliable vehicles. Not everyone who was in a crash in a Mini Cooper died.

ATN can make good scopes. That isn't the issue. The issue comes with the scopes go Tango Uniform, which does seem to happen with a higher frequency than other brands. That alone isn't the crux of the issue. The issue is how ATN handles customer service when their is a problem. A large number of people have been ignored by ATN when needing customer service or end up with exceptionally long service times when they have to get their scopes serviced. Maybe ATN is "getting better." I always love to hear how folks sing the praise of ATN and proclaim how it is 'getting better' when it comes to customer service. Maybe it is "getting better" but then again, I am a member of two ATN groups and the complaints and frustrations seem to abound. These are offset by praise for good service. However, when taken as a whole, the picture seems to be one of random chance on how things will turn out for the customer. Compare that with brands like Pulsar, Trijicon, Bering Optics, or even AGN and you will find a disproportionate number of positive customer service reports when customers had problems. Ever wonder why folks like Outdoor Legacy don't sell ATN?

All electro-optic devices are going to have issues, sooner or later. Most of the models and all of the brands I have owned over the years have. The only company that gave me trouble was ATN. FLIR was a nightmare to deal with in terms of navigating their customer service bureaucracy, but once accomplished, things were handled properly. Armasight was great. Pulsar was outstanding. Trijicon handled things very professionally.

Re: ATN Store [Re: Double Naught Spy] #8537312 02/21/22 06:07 PM
R
red stick Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
R
Thermal is a lot like vehicles when it comes to brand and model loyalty. Sure enough, people loved their Pintos. People loved the original Mini Coopers. People loved Edsels. People loved their Corvairs. Most people did not burn alive in their Pintos or Corvairs. Some Edsel owners actually had reliable vehicles. Not everyone who was in a crash in a Mini Cooper died.

ATN can make good scopes. That isn't the issue. The issue comes with the scopes go Tango Uniform, which does seem to happen with a higher frequency than other brands. That alone isn't the crux of the issue. The issue is how ATN handles customer service when their is a problem. A large number of people have been ignored by ATN when needing customer service or end up with exceptionally long service times when they have to get their scopes serviced. Maybe ATN is "getting better." I always love to hear how folks sing the praise of ATN and proclaim how it is 'getting better' when it comes to customer service. Maybe it is "getting better" but then again, I am a member of two ATN groups and the complaints and frustrations seem to abound. These are offset by praise for good service. However, when taken as a whole, the picture seems to be one of random chance on how things will turn out for the customer. Compare that with brands like Pulsar, Trijicon, Bering Optics, or even AGN and you will find a disproportionate number of positive customer service reports when customers had problems. Ever wonder why folks like Outdoor Legacy don't sell ATN?

All electro-optic devices are going to have issues, sooner or later. Most of the models and all of the brands I have owned over the years have. The only company that gave me trouble was ATN. FLIR was a nightmare to deal with in terms of navigating their customer service bureaucracy, but once accomplished, things were handled properly. Armasight was great. Pulsar was outstanding. Trijicon handled things very professionally.

I can testify to the good service from Pulsar and AGM. When my Trail XQ needed a repair under warranty the response was immediate and the turnaround was just a few days. When I lost my remote and just wanted a spare they sent me two free of charge. When my brother in laws AGM monocular was having issues that could have been repaired they sent him a new unit. Again a fast turnaround. Now if I can just figure out what Tango Uniform stands for.

Last edited by red stick; 02/21/22 06:09 PM.
Re: ATN Store [Re: Buzzsaw] #8537425 02/21/22 09:03 PM
KJG Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
I haven’t had to have service, come that time and I do and service is poor as reported, my thoughts would probably change……..customer service can make or break you. I understand, if I had bad luck with something it does ruin it for me. I’ve been lucky so far with my ATN’s, no issues and they perform well every time out and I use them frequently ....I do like my Pulsar Thermion 2 as well and only had it a few months and it works flawlessly so far and I do like the PiP function, I just feel the Thor 4 is a bit superior for my liking, it’s just a bit better on clarity for my eyes. If the Thor 4’s have issues and I get sh*tty customer service, I’ll move away from them at that time. I have called ATN up for pointers on firmware updating in the past and had no issues with that, very prompt and helpful but I haven’t sent anything in to them either……haven’t had to.

Re: ATN Store [Re: KJG] #8537484 02/21/22 10:35 PM
R
red stick Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
R
Originally Posted by KJG
I haven’t had to have service, come that time and I do and service is poor as reported, my thoughts would probably change……..customer service can make or break you. I understand, if I had bad luck with something it does ruin it for me. I’ve been lucky so far with my ATN’s, no issues and they perform well every time out and I use them frequently ....I do like my Pulsar Thermion 2 as well and only had it a few months and it works flawlessly so far and I do like the PiP function, I just feel the Thor 4 is a bit superior for my liking, it’s just a bit better on clarity for my eyes. If the Thor 4’s have issues and I get sh*tty customer service, I’ll move away from them at that time. I have called ATN up for pointers on firmware updating in the past and had no issues with that, very prompt and helpful but I haven’t sent anything in to them either……haven’t had to.

Glad to read you've had a trouble free experience. It could be that ATN has seen the light. Surely they have been monitoring these blogs and gotten an earful of negative posts. If that doesn't spark a change then they're not doing their job.

Re: ATN Store [Re: red stick] #8537522 02/21/22 11:30 PM
C
Chopperdrvr Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
"Tango Uniform" an old military term for being flat on your back as in dead.

Re: ATN Store [Re: Chopperdrvr] #8537526 02/21/22 11:49 PM
M
mikei Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted by Chopperdrvr

Yep; in the submarine service we were not so politically correct; we called that condition Tits Up. You chopper guys were a bit more couth. :-)

Re: ATN Store [Re: mikei] #8537833 02/22/22 05:20 AM
Bee'z Offline
The Beedazzler
The Beedazzler
Originally Posted by mikei

Yep; in the submarine service we were not so politically correct; we called that condition Tits Up. You chopper guys were a bit more couth. :-)

rofl

[Linked Image]
Re: ATN Store [Re: red stick] #8537947 02/22/22 02:06 PM
GNTX Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted by red stick
Originally Posted by KJG

Glad to read you've had a trouble free experience. It could be that ATN has seen the light. Surely they have been monitoring these blogs and gotten an earful of negative posts. If that doesn't spark a change then they're not doing their job.

I am on a couple of the ATN Facebook Groups. They have gone from what I would call abysmal customer service to mediocre service. They do have some of their customer service reps on those groups nowadays.

Here is my service experience. My XSight 4K would no longer focus after about one box of 450 BM and it was just out of its 2 year warranty. Got a hold of them, described issue. Got RMA and asked about repair cost since it was out of warranty. They said they would extend a courtesy and repair it for free. I was impressed. A week and a half later, I get a scope back that has an included sheet of paper saying that it passed QC tests with a signature. Well, this scope wouldn’t focus at any distance and I was not happy. So I fired off a respectfully worded email expressing my frustration as to how that could happen. Told them I appreciated their willingness to extend my warranty, but that I needed a scope that WORKS, regardless if I had to pay for the repair or not. So i get a form letter back for the return process that they sent out for my original to get an RMA and shipping label (to their credit, they paid shipping both ways each time). No acknowledgement of their error or an apology, just the form letter. Sent that scope in and the replacement arrived another week later. This one has been functioning fine although I have not mounted it on the 450 BM. Their website states that the scope is rated for that round, but I think that’s pushing it of the internal build quality isn’t up to par.

Re: ATN Store [Re: Buzzsaw] #8537986 02/22/22 02:42 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
So you got a little of both types of ATN customer service. They offered a repair they didn't have to do and then didn't do it. Then after you pursued them, they finally got around to it. The lack of response to them not actually making the repair is something I have heard before.

Their website states that the scope is rated for that round, but I think that’s pushing it of the internal build quality isn’t up to par.

This isn't about ATN, but electro-optics in general. Sort of like off road trucks made for off road, they are going to wear out and break down more than the same trucks driven on the hard top given comparable distances of driving.

Re: ATN Store [Re: Double Naught Spy] #8538086 02/22/22 04:07 PM
GNTX Offline
Tracker
Tracker
So you got a little of both types of ATN customer service. They offered a repair they didn't have to do and then didn't do it. Then after you pursued them, they finally got around to it. The lack of response to them not actually making the repair is something I have heard before.

Their website states that the scope is rated for that round, but I think that’s pushing it of the internal build quality isn’t up to par.

This isn't about ATN, but electro-optics in general. Sort of like off road trucks made for off road, they are going to wear out and break down more than the same trucks driven on the hard top given comparable distances of driving.

I’m well versed in electro optics. Specifically high end video cameras. When my $16K Fujinon HD lens had a problem, it was handled quickly and correctly. The ATN digital night vision is just a video camera employed as a weapon sight with hardware and software added to accomplish that task.

Re: ATN Store [Re: mikei] #8538567 02/23/22 02:23 AM
C
Chopperdrvr Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
Originally Posted by mikei

LOL!! We aren't really that politically correct but after "Tail Hook Scandal" started by some of your brethren we had to go more underground. salute But don't get me wrong, we have been thrown out of a few high end hotels too.

Re: ATN Store [Re: J.G.] #8538583 02/23/22 02:41 AM
E
Espy Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
E
Originally Posted by FiremanJG
Doesn't matter.

Do not buy anything ATN, ever!

ATN discussion over.

Friends dont let friends by atn

Re: ATN Store [Re: GNTX] #8538619 02/23/22 03:25 AM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by GNTX

I’m well versed in electro optics. Specifically high end video cameras. When my $16K Fujinon HD lens had a problem, it was handled quickly and correctly. The ATN digital night vision is just a video camera employed as a weapon sight with hardware and software added to accomplish that task.

That is sort of like saying a daylight rifle scope is nothing but a telescope.

Re: ATN Store [Re: KJG] #8538946 02/23/22 04:20 PM
G
GLC Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
G
Originally Posted by KJG
I’ve had nothing but great luck with ATN, have two Thor 4 4.5-18, one on an ar 10 6.5 creedmoor and another on an AR15 22 Nosler. Have killed hundreds of hogs on my ranch with zero issues. I recently purchased a Thermion 2 XQ38 2.5-10 to put on an AR 6.5 Grendel and although happy with it and like the PIP feature, it is not on par with my Thor 4’s and it was several hundred $ more expensive. My most recent purchase has been an LT320 5-10 I have on a Remington 30RAR and it’s equivalent clarity wise to the XQ38. Knock on wood I haven’t had to deal with customer service, my oldest Thor 4 is 4 years old or so, can’t remember buy got it not long after that version came out. Never an issue, easier to sight in to me than the pulsar. I hunt on black or white hit but playing around the other colors on the pulsar do work better but I never hunt in any other mode anyways. The atn’s are much more sensitive to dialing in focus, doesn’t take much of a tweak to change it up where my pulsar has a broader range when focusing the objective focus and programming can be tricky but is super easy once you get use to it. The obsidian 4 app is much better than streamvision 2 as well.

Scopes seems to be a lot like trucks, I don’t like Fords but have friends that won’t drive anything but and bad mouth every other brand.

Same here, my Thor's been working well with no hiccups.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide