Re: Covid side effects for me. [Re: ChrisB] #8502561 01/13/22 04:23 AM
M
missingAK Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted by ChrisB
Originally Posted by jskin
I kinda hate to admit it but I think it screwed up my lungs/breathing. I get short of breath walking from one room to next. Hate to play into the hype but not sure what else it could be

It did mine for about 6 weeks. And then one day it was 100% better like a light switch.

Same for me the first time. I think it took a couple of months to be able to work like I used to.

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened." Winston Churchill
Re: Covid side effects for me. [Re: jskin] #8502566 01/13/22 04:28 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
I kinda hate to admit it but I think it screwed up my lungs/breathing. I get short of breath walking from one room to next. Hate to play into the hype but not sure what else it could be

My hunting buddy lost 40% of his lung function from Covid. That was after being tested 6 months later.

Re: Covid side effects for me. [Re: TexFlip] #8502686 01/13/22 12:34 PM
Superduty Online Content OP
"The Regulator"
OP Online Content
"The Regulator"
Originally Posted by TexFlip
Originally Posted by Superduty
I have always been a heavy drinker ( 7-8 beers a night or whiskey in water for over 40 years....

Well, I guess that explains some if you're posts...

Possibly.

'It's Only Treason if You Lose."
Re: Covid side effects for me. [Re: TexFlip] #8502688 01/13/22 12:34 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
I have always been a heavy drinker ( 7-8 beers a night or whiskey in water for over 40 years....

I can see clearly now the rain is gone
I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind

Re: Covid side effects for me. [Re: Hudbone] #8502705 01/13/22 12:46 PM
"The Regulator"
OP Online Content
"The Regulator"
Originally Posted by Hudbone

I can see clearly now the rain is gone
I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind

You never know though:

Rain drops keep falling on my head
But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turning red
Crying' s not for me
Cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complaining

Re: Covid side effects for me. [Re: Superduty] #8502712 01/13/22 12:59 PM
Gringocazador Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Getting bad sick will change things that’s for sure. In the early 90’s had wisdom teeth pulled. Got bad sick, dry socket etc. Took me 2-3 years before I started drinking coffee again.

Wife and I just getting over being sick, it hit us second week in Dec. I’ve been coughing for about a month now. I feel like I’m 10 years older than I was first part of Dec. Shortness of breath is going away. I don’t have energy to do much of anything.

My plan is to get back to working out, quit drinking, loose some weight and take care of myself. After being bad sick I just want get up in the morning and feel good and not have a head ache. Before getting the flu was working out every morning, now I’m working to make it up the stairs to my office for my job. Getting old sucks, 66 in March.

Thanks, Billy
Re: Covid side effects for me. [Re: TCM3] #8502713 01/13/22 12:59 PM
texasag93 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by TCM3
Originally Posted by texasag93
I lost my taste for coffee. It tastes terrible.

I picked up hot tea in the mornings. I never liked hot tea in my life.

No alcohol issues.

did you start wearing a powdered wig too? grin

Never stopped.

Re: Covid side effects for me. [Re: jskin] #8502719 01/13/22 01:10 PM
P
PappawRock Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P

You might try a spirometer for awhile - it worked for me after a blood clot and collapsed lung about put me away... https://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/patient-education/how-use-your-incentive-spirometer

Re: Covid side effects for me. [Re: Superduty] #8502742 01/13/22 01:38 PM
F
flintknapper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Finally have 90% strength back, still coughing though no fever.

But there is a huge side effect I never expected, lost all cravings for alcohol. I mean thinking of drinking a whiskey or beer sounds awful. I have been dry for over 14 days now. I have always been a heavy drinker ( 7-8 beers a night or whiskey in water for over 40 years) and now I believe I am done. No cravings, nothing. Met my brother last night at a local restaurant just to chat and he had a couple of beers and I just couldn't order one.

Crazy.

Happy for you, blessing in disguise and your liver will thank you for it. up

Spartans ask not...how many, but where!
Re: Covid side effects for me. [Re: Superduty] #8502912 01/13/22 04:36 PM
glens Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Superduty there's hope. I, like u, loved my beer. After coffee in morning, grabbed a beer. After a 4 day stint in ICU is August didn't even look at one for about 3 weeks. Didn't sound good. But, after a few weeks, I was up to being a SOT again. Burp and Happy Happy. banana2

Re: Covid side effects for me. [Re: Superduty] #8502930 01/13/22 05:02 PM
R
rickt300 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
Just wondering how all of you that lost your sense of taste/smell treated the CCPV when you first got sick? I immediately began Ivermectin and HCQ along with vitamin D and Zinc. I got over it so fast and have zero side effects I was really surprised. Did you wait till you were really sick before you tried to treat it?

Re: Covid side effects for me. [Re: rickt300] #8502933 01/13/22 05:12 PM
glens Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by rickt300
Just wondering how all of you that lost your sense of taste/smell treated the CCPV when you first got sick? I immediately began Ivermectin and HCQ along with vitamin D and Zinc. I got over it so fast and have zero side effects I was really surprised. Did you wait till you were really sick before you tried to treat it?

I had the Infusion Antibody treatment 3/4 days into the mess. Wife also. She had hardly no symptoms. I went to Hospital next day. Hammered! Doc said Antibody Treatment kept me off vent. Don't know what they run through me in Hospital. Bag after bag of IV juice. Bloodclotting shots in stomach. Whoa boy!

Re: Covid side effects for me. [Re: rickt300] #8502934 01/13/22 05:13 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P

Had already been taking C, D, Zinc and a multi when the Rona got me. Started meds about 2 days after first symptoms. Doc said to increase C, D and Z. He also prescribed a Z-pack (antibiotic). Dexamethasone (steroid) and a cough suppressant.

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: Covid side effects for me. [Re: Superduty] #8502946 01/13/22 05:29 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I

But there is a huge side effect I never expected, lost all cravings for alcohol. I mean thinking of drinking a whiskey or beer sounds awful. I have been dry for over 14 days now. I have always been a heavy drinker ( 7-8 beers a night or whiskey in water for over 40 years) and now I believe I am done. No cravings, nothing. Met my brother last night at a local restaurant just to chat and he had a couple of beers and I just couldn't order one.

Crazy.

I had it back in Nov 2020. I lost my taste for it as well but it returned after a couple months.

My biggest side affect is headaches still about 2 or 3 times a month which is much better than it was about 6 months ago when I had them almost daily.
I'm thankful as I have a friend who is now about 57 or so and he had it just before I did and is having very, very bad joint pains still and he never had any before. He farms for a living and it has become a struggle for him big time to do it now with the pain he is having.

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: Covid side effects for me. [Re: rickt300] #8503065 01/13/22 08:35 PM
"The Regulator"
OP Online Content
"The Regulator"

Not a medicine guy. Do not care for doctors, plus not the kind of person to panic when I get sick. My body will take care of itself,...or not.

Re: Covid side effects for me. [Re: Superduty] #8503070 01/13/22 08:37 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
The best meds for the covids you gota go out of state for... its over the counter there

just cant bring it back

Last edited by Navasot; 01/13/22 08:47 PM. Reason: for the Karens
Re: Covid side effects for me. [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8503078 01/13/22 08:44 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS

Crazy.

I had it back in Nov 2020. I lost my taste for it as well but it returned after a couple months.

My biggest side affect is headaches still about 2 or 3 times a month which is much better than it was about 6 months ago when I had them almost daily.
I'm thankful as I have a friend who is now about 57 or so and he had it just before I did and is having very, very bad joint pains still and he never had any before. He farms for a living and it has become a struggle for him big time to do it now with the pain he is having.

My Dad has struggled with lower back, hip and knee pain after COVID and he's convinced it an underlying issue from it. I don't know if it is or isn't but he's 100% convinced...he's 71 and had lower back issues in the past but never the hip and knee stuff he's had since recovering from the vid.

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Covid side effects for me. [Re: Judd] #8503082 01/13/22 08:49 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Judd
Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS

Crazy.

My Dad has struggled with lower back, hip and knee pain after COVID and he's convinced it an underlying issue from it. I don't know if it is or isn't but he's 100% convinced...he's 71 and had lower back issues in the past but never the hip and knee stuff he's had since recovering from the vid.

Covid and vaccination has been linked to causing auto immune issues

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Covid side effects for me. [Re: Navasot] #8503114 01/13/22 09:19 PM
D
DannyB Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Navasot
The best meds for the covids you gota go out of state for... its over the counter there

just cant bring it back

I'm curious the meds and what states? Last I heard Push Health was prescribing Ivermectin. What all else are you aware of not available here and where would you go?

I wouldn't panic. I would just load up and haul azz to wherever necessary. grin

Re: Covid side effects for me. [Re: DannyB] #8503122 01/13/22 09:21 PM
P
PappawRock Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Originally Posted by DannyB
Originally Posted by Navasot

just cant bring it back

I'm curious the meds and what states? Last I heard Push Health was prescribing Ivermectin. What all else are you aware of not available here and where would you go?

I wouldn't panic. I would just load up and haul azz to wherever necessary. grin

Wacky tabacky and Okla...

Re: Covid side effects for me. [Re: rickt300] #8503183 01/13/22 10:35 PM
M
missingAK Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M

I've been taking vit c, zinc, quercetin, vit D since this whole thing started. Day 1 of feeling "off" I upped my vit c. Day 4 I started on Ivermectin. within 48 hrs I was almost back to normal except for the taste/smell thing. I'm on day 7 now and have a HA in the morning, occasional cough and no smell/taste.

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened." Winston Churchill
Re: Covid side effects for me. [Re: Superduty] #8503535 01/14/22 01:30 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H
I lost my sense of smell for almost two months, it was weird still being able to taste things.

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: Covid side effects for me. [Re: Superduty] #8503541 01/14/22 01:37 PM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
I never lost taste or smell, but haven't had any desire for alcohol.

Re: Covid side effects for me. [Re: CodeEnforcer] #8503554 01/14/22 01:58 PM
B
Bass&More Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted by CodeEnforcer
I still cant smell what the rock is cooking

[Linked Image]
peep

Re: Covid side effects for me. [Re: Superduty] #8503776 01/14/22 05:58 PM
R
rickt300 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
I didn't go to a doctor either at the time, got well so fast (4 days) by the time I got an appointment all I could do was get an antibody test.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide