Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics536,989
Posts9,719,177
Members86,987
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Any of y'all ran a Tract Toric 30mm maintube thru it's paces? #8498258 01/08/22 04:53 AM
D
David Maas Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Opinions? Likes, dislikes? Turrets? Reticles?

Thanks

NRA Endowed Patriot Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Re: Any of y'all ran a Tract Toric 30mm maintube thru it's paces? [Re: David Maas] #8498675 01/08/22 08:30 PM
S
scottfromdallas Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S

I haven't heard anything about them on this forum. I have Toric binos and they are great. You may want to search 24hourcampfire for reviews. I remember seeing a lot of positive reviews on them.

Re: Any of y'all ran a Tract Toric 30mm maintube thru it's paces? [Re: David Maas] #8498936 01/09/22 02:55 AM
B
Brother in-law Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
I’ve seen one guy with one in the .22 league on a 500 yard range. The glass is very good and the price point is great.

It’s on my short list of scope upgrades

Re: Any of y'all ran a Tract Toric 30mm maintube thru it's paces? [Re: Brother in-law] #8499046 01/09/22 11:49 AM
T
TEXASLEFTY Online Content
THF Whiskey Sommelier
Online Content
THF Whiskey Sommelier
T
Originally Posted by Brother in-law
I’ve seen one guy with one in the .22 league on a 500 yard range. The glass is very good and the price point is great.

It’s on my short list of scope upgrades

I which model?

Originally Posted by Chunky Monkey
Never been to a camping world. I prefer Dick's to be honest.
Re: Any of y'all ran a Tract Toric 30mm maintube thru it's paces? [Re: David Maas] #8501030 01/11/22 02:56 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
The only thing about buying a scope in this class is when you go to sell it. If it's not a Nightforce, prepare to lose your azz.

I bet they are fine

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Any of y'all ran a Tract Toric 30mm maintube thru it's paces? [Re: David Maas] #8502797 01/13/22 02:45 PM
B
BigDad Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
I have a Tract Toric 4-20X50 MOA/MOA and its an excellent scope. The glass is good but I think the turrets are really where it really shines. The clicks are positive and adjustments are accurate and repeatable. I've done a couple box tests and a tall target test and its spot on. I really like the locking turrets, they are very easy to use and are very easy to set to zero. The zero stop is rock solid but it take a little effort to set it. The reticle it basic MOA in 1 MOA increments which I like, not too much clutter. Illumination is nice, can adjust it really low for low light and can be seen on high in daylight although I don't use illumination it in bright daylight.

Last edited by BigDad; 01/13/22 03:07 PM.

Joe
Re: Any of y'all ran a Tract Toric 30mm maintube thru it's paces? [Re: Buzzsaw] #8502805 01/13/22 02:53 PM
T
TAB Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
The only thing about buying a scope in this class is when you go to sell it. If it's not a Nightforce, prepare to lose your azz.

I bet they are fine

Truth!

Re: Any of y'all ran a Tract Toric 30mm maintube thru it's paces? [Re: David Maas] #8517253 01/30/22 02:59 PM
S
stanh Online Content
Light Foot
Online Content
Light Foot
S
Originally Posted by David Maas

Thanks

Great scopes! It has become all I use for PRS shooting. I like: glass is fabulous. think of a Vortex Razor with better color. Reticle is very good for distant targets- floating dot. Zero Stop is easy and allows dialing down if you want this. Precise/true dialing and always returns to ZERO. Turrets are tall, large, crisp clicks, easy to zero. Parallax seems to jump into focus. I can promise you there is no better customer service anywhere. For the money, I am not aware of a better scope. I have the 4-20 x 50 and the 4.5-30 x 56. I removed my Razor and installed the Tract; it is just a better overall package, IMO. And I love my Razors. My friend just bought one of their hunting scopes; but I haven't used it yet. He likes it a lot.

Probably not for everyone. I shoot with guys who would never consider one because they don't cost enough. And I think you can spend 2x a Tract cost and get a slightly better scope. But I don't need any better than the Tract.

Re: Any of y'all ran a Tract Toric 30mm maintube thru it's paces? [Re: stanh] #8517770 01/31/22 02:03 AM
B
Brother in-law Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by stanh

Thanks

Great scopes! It has become all I use for PRS shooting. I like: glass is fabulous. think of a Vortex Razor with better color. Reticle is very good for distant targets- floating dot. Zero Stop is easy and allows dialing down if you want this. Precise/true dialing and always returns to ZERO. Turrets are tall, large, crisp clicks, easy to zero. Parallax seems to jump into focus. I can promise you there is no better customer service anywhere. For the money, I am not aware of a better scope. I have the 4-20 x 50 and the 4.5-30 x 56. I removed my Razor and installed the Tract; it is just a better overall package, IMO. And I love my Razors. My friend just bought one of their hunting scopes; but I haven't used it yet. He likes it a lot.

Probably not for everyone. I shoot with guys who would never consider one because they don't cost enough. And I think you can spend 2x a Tract cost and get a slightly better scope. But I don't need any better than the Tract.

Are you Stan from NTX 22 league?

Is the second scope better than your first? I believe I looked thru your first and you had the second on order

Re: Any of y'all ran a Tract Toric 30mm maintube thru it's paces? [Re: Brother in-law] #8520653 02/02/22 08:48 PM
S
stanh Online Content
Light Foot
Online Content
Light Foot
S
Originally Posted by Brother in-law
Originally Posted by stanh

Thanks

Are you Stan from NTX 22 league?

Is the second scope better than your first? I believe I looked thru your first and you had the second on order

I might be the guy you remember. I used to shoot NRL22 a couple of years ago. I don't know where a match is now that is close to me.
My second Tract is better for longer ranges. The 20X was fine for NRL, but the 30X is very helpful for me at 300+ yds in the PRS matches I shoot. Mostly... I can see that I missed!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide