Print Thread
Lots to do #8499117 01/09/22 02:20 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
I have a little over a month of season left, but will only take three or so more deer.

I have to figure out something with dang cows. I am so tired of somes laughing at my anguish. I have four pens at two locations and only plan to continue feeding protein at two of them. I have looked at electric, an outer barb wire fence and panels from Lometa. Right now my T-posts are every 8 feet. I am going to put additional T-posts in to make them every 4 feet and will stretch wire tight with the possibility of adding a second line of gaucho.

Upgrading my living quarters. The old 10x30 job trailer is likely being sold at an extremely good price to a friend's son who will use it on their place straddling the Frio near Derby. A 1st time lease hunter, he will use it to introduce his kids to the joys of the hunting community and I couldn't be happier for him.

The 10x40 two bedroom trailer with, get this, central heat and air, has been recently gutted to the studs and completely remodeled. Some guy brought it to the lease and completely redid it with the hopes his wife would come more. That never happened, but he did buy a place below Big a Wells and sold it to me for, basically, the cost of the renovation. I am giddy. High cotton comes to mind. The exterior walls will need paint and I plan to cool roof the rolled metal roof. Gonna get Crisp to bring in a couple of loads of white rock and spread it out.

The 10x12 bunkhouse on skids is going to Rio Frio and will serve as additional BR space. That'll be the easiest of it all.

Oh yeah, after the pens are fortified and cow proofed, I will start feeeding.

Re: Lots to do [Re: Hudbone] #8499136 01/09/22 02:52 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Feeeding? Buffet is open......
[Linked Image]

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Lots to do [Re: Hudbone] #8499139 01/09/22 02:54 PM
F
freerange Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Gonna have any time leftover for fishing, making sausage, day trips in the scrambler, having lunch at Gristmill????

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Lots to do [Re: Hudbone] #8499140 01/09/22 02:56 PM
J
Jimbo1 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Hudbone
I have a little over a month of season left, but will only take three or so more deer.

I have to figure out something with dang cows. I am so tired of somes laughing at my anguish. I have four pens at two locations and only plan to continue feeding protein at two of them. I have looked at electric, an outer barb wire fence and panels from Lometa. Right now my T-posts are every 8 feet. I am going to put additional T-posts in to make them every 4 feet and will stretch wire tight with the possibility of adding a second line of gaucho.

Upgrading my living quarters. The old 10x30 job trailer is likely being sold at an extremely good price to a friend's son who will use it on their place straddling the Frio near Derby. A 1st time lease hunter, he will use it to introduce his kids to the joys of the hunting community and I couldn't be happier for him.

The 10x40 two bedroom trailer with, get this, central heat and air, has been recently gutted to the studs and completely remodeled. Some guy brought it to the lease and completely redid it with the hopes his wife would come more. That never happened, but he did buy a place below Big a Wells and sold it to me for, basically, the cost of the renovation. I am giddy. High cotton comes to mind. The exterior walls will need paint and I plan to cool roof the rolled metal roof. Gonna get Crisp to bring in a couple of loads of white rock and spread it out.

The 10x12 bunkhouse on skids is going to Rio Frio and will serve as additional BR space. That'll be the easiest of it all.

One of my feed pens looks like a prison yard with so much barb wire an t-posts!

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Lots to do [Re: Hudbone] #8499164 01/09/22 03:29 PM
B
Biscuit Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Sounds like fun

Re: Lots to do [Re: Hudbone] #8499458 01/09/22 09:41 PM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
The deer hunters where I quail hunt are having holy heck with a new herd of jumping cattle. They have wrecked 14 feed pens. Needless to say, they aren’t happy.
I broke down today and splurged for a couple sacks of milo to dribble down the road. The quail are lacking groceries.

Re: Lots to do [Re: Hudbone] #8499462 01/09/22 09:43 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

These are some serious high roller issues. roflmao

Re: Lots to do [Re: 68rustbucket] #8499494 01/09/22 10:16 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by 68rustbucket

These are some serious high roller issues. roflmao

He needs "staff". grin

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Lots to do [Re: Hudbone] #8499794 01/10/22 03:19 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I concur. Hud is a busy man.

Re: Lots to do [Re: Hudbone] #8499954 01/10/22 01:23 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
I honestly would just go to TSC and get the 15 mile DC fence charger. I believe it is about $100 or so.
Get a good deep cycle battery and a good solar panel and be done with it.

Hell, if there is one thing they will respect it is a hot wire. Mine will not go near it and even when I leave the hot wire gap down behind the house 2 or 3 days they will walk right up to it and will not cross into the back yard!

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide