Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Side Hustle For Extra Income [Re: Sick Train] #8495586 01/05/22 02:09 PM
S
Sick Train Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
S
I thought about looking for a good used dump trailer to purchase and use it as a rental, pick up thrash, use to haul dirt, rock, etc. My buddy has been asking me to help him mow yards with his side business but if I would rather do my own thing than get paid to help.

Re: Side Hustle For Extra Income [Re: Sick Train] #8495618 01/05/22 02:44 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Sick Train
I thought about looking for a good used dump trailer to purchase and use it as a rental, pick up thrash, use to haul dirt, rock, etc. My buddy has been asking me to help him mow yards with his side business but if I would rather do my own thing than get paid to help.

Mow yards?

That can't pay much can it? I am in Frisco I think everyone in the city has a lawn service cut thier yards, they only charge $25 per week to mow, edge, weed eat, and blow the sidewalks/walkway/driveway/street.

I see them picking up the Illegal Aliens who stand in downtown Frisco, I am sure they are not making more than $15 per hour.

Even the guys who own the mowing business, they can't make much only charging $25 per yard.

Re: Side Hustle For Extra Income [Re: Sick Train] #8495619 01/05/22 02:45 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
What about being a roofer? Looks like a good sideline gig.

Re: Side Hustle For Extra Income [Re: Sick Train] #8495626 01/05/22 02:54 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
I have roofed over 100 houses and I cannot imagine being on a TX roof in the summer.

Sick train, what skills do you have?

What things do you enjoy doing?

What is your current occupation?

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Side Hustle For Extra Income [Re: Sick Train] #8495634 01/05/22 03:08 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
I have a neighbor that is a handyman over in the Frisco prosper area. He told me he has a one hour minimum I have no idea what that charge is. But people pay him to come hang an eraser board or a picture or anything like that. These husbands that make a half million a year work too much and it’s not worth their time and their wife wants things done and they have to pay someone to do it.

I noticed he had a little concrete mixing machine and dragging it around on the trailer I told him that looked like too much work he told me that a lot of the HOAs say that your trashcan cannot be in the grass so he is pouring a couple little pads off of the back of the driveways to put the trashcan each week he said it’s a very good moneymaker.

Re: Side Hustle For Extra Income [Re: ducknbass] #8495639 01/05/22 03:13 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by ducknbass
I have a neighbor that is a handyman over in the Frisco prosper area. He told me he has a one hour minimum I have no idea what that charge is. But people pay him to come hang an eraser board or a picture or anything like that. These husbands that make a half million a year work too much and it’s not worth their time and their wife wants things done and they have to pay someone to do it.

I noticed he had a little concrete mixing machine and dragging it around on the trailer I told him that looked like too much work he told me that a lot of the HOAs say that your trashcan cannot be in the grass so he is pouring a couple little pads off of the back of the driveways to put the trashcan each week he said it’s a very good moneymaker.

Yeah I see those same little handyman job requests on our neighborhood facebook page. People are willing to pay others to change light bulbs on houses with high ceilings, as mentioned hang a tv, and other little nick knack stuff.

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: Side Hustle For Extra Income [Re: Sick Train] #8495650 01/05/22 03:19 PM
B
BrangusVA Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
I teach 4th grade Math and do Taxidermy on the side. Oil field in the summers if needed.

Re: Side Hustle For Extra Income [Re: Sick Train] #8495654 01/05/22 03:23 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
I have and continue to side hustle golf on weekends at my country club. Doesn't pay a ton but averaging $30-50 tax free every round can add up over the year...Helps pay for my other passion, hunting expenses, i.e., corn, protein, cam batteries, fuel, etc..

Re: Side Hustle For Extra Income [Re: DQ Kid] #8495657 01/05/22 03:26 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by DQ Kid
I have and continue to side hustle golf on weekends at my country club. Doesn't pay a ton but averaging $30-50 tax free every round can add up over the year...Helps pay for my other passion, hunting expenses, i.e., corn, protein, cam batteries, fuel, etc..

Are you saying you don't report that income? joes not going to like that.

Re: Side Hustle For Extra Income [Re: RedRanger] #8495666 01/05/22 03:31 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
Originally Posted by RedRanger

Mow yards?

That can't pay much can it? I am in Frisco I think everyone in the city has a lawn service cut thier yards, they only charge $25 per week to mow, edge, weed eat, and blow the sidewalks/walkway/driveway/street.

I see them picking up the Illegal Aliens who stand in downtown Frisco, I am sure they are not making more than $15 per hour.

Even the guys who own the mowing business, they can't make much only charging $25 per yard.

Not every yard pays just $25. Also, about the second time a $25 crew costs you a $150 sprinkler-repair visit, you’ll figure out you get what you pay for.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Side Hustle For Extra Income [Re: RedRanger] #8495667 01/05/22 03:31 PM
S
Sick Train Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
S

Mow yards?

$25 is pretty cheap. Most people in my area start at $45 per yard and go up from there. My buddy does bigger projects like commercial businesses and lots. He does have some residentials but doesn't care for them.

Re: Side Hustle For Extra Income [Re: Sick Train] #8495670 01/05/22 03:35 PM
L
leswad Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
L
I hear moderators BANK!

[Linked Image]

FJB
Re: Side Hustle For Extra Income [Re: Sick Train] #8495690 01/05/22 04:00 PM
S
SherpaPhil Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S

Mow yards?

$25 is pretty cheap. Most people in my area start at $45 per yard and go up from there. My buddy does bigger projects like commercial businesses and lots. He does have some residentials but doesn't care for them.

The guy who does my lawn has at least 6 or so on the block. His crew knocks them out in probably 45 minutes at $30 each. If he can do that all day, I suspect he does pretty well.

Re: Side Hustle For Extra Income [Re: SherpaPhil] #8495713 01/05/22 04:35 PM
T
TexFlip Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by SherpaPhil

Mow yards?

The guy who does my lawn has at least 6 or so on the block. His crew knocks them out in probably 45 minutes at $30 each. If he can do that all day, I suspect he does pretty well.

There's a guy on here that does VERY well mowing yards.

Originally Posted by unclebubba
Just to make sure that it is done thoroughly, I go both ways.

Re: Side Hustle For Extra Income [Re: Sick Train] #8495721 01/05/22 04:39 PM
O
Okiedog Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
O
I have a boat rental business in Okla that's for sale. Good money for about 5 mos per yr.

Re: Side Hustle For Extra Income [Re: Sick Train] #8495723 01/05/22 04:45 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
You want to choose something that has low overhead. By all means, make sure you are insured for what ever you choose to do.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Side Hustle For Extra Income [Re: Sick Train] #8495759 01/05/22 05:31 PM
M
Mickey Moose Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
What do you do for a living? What experience and education do you have? To me, exploiting that is the most logical play to start with. Not something you don't have experience with.

My botnet is bigger than yours.
Re: Side Hustle For Extra Income [Re: SherpaPhil] #8495765 01/05/22 05:46 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

Mow yards?

I have done the math: Lets say my guy charges $30. Crew is 3 guys total. He mows say 15 yards per day, they take about 20 minutes to do my yard which is average size in North Frisco. So he banks 450 per day, pays his crew at least $100 per day, so he puts in back pocket $250, take out gas for mowers, gas for vehicles, etc that isn't much money. Then add on top they only work March till November then it's not much cabbage in mowing yards.

Re: Side Hustle For Extra Income [Re: Sick Train] #8495770 01/05/22 05:47 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by TexFlip
thought about looking for a good used dump trailer to purchase and use it as a rental, pick up thrash, use to haul dirt, rock, etc. My buddy has been asking me to help him mow yards with his side business but if I would rather do my own thing than get paid to help.

Mow yards?

Your definition of "Very Well" is probably a lot different than mine

Re: Side Hustle For Extra Income [Re: Sick Train] #8495779 01/05/22 06:11 PM
S
spacejunkie Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
S
Any of you who work a 9-5 job have a little side hustle to generate some extra income on your free time? If so can you please share what it is and your experiences with it.

Just how much extra income are you looking to make?

Re: Side Hustle For Extra Income [Re: spacejunkie] #8495804 01/05/22 06:42 PM
S
Sick Train Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
S
Originally Posted by spacejunkie
Any of you who work a 9-5 job have a little side hustle to generate some extra income on your free time? If so can you please share what it is and your experiences with it.

Depends on the amount of work I would have to do but something simple I'd be good with at least $400 or more per month. Just some extra cash in my pocket for fun stuff.

Re: Side Hustle For Extra Income [Re: Sick Train] #8495813 01/05/22 07:06 PM
S
spacejunkie Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
S
Might try Uber-eats. My wife retire and now is bored so she’s trying it. I drove her around the first to make sure it was safe and the next two she when by herself. Real easy in that you pick up, drop off, take a pic, and get another order. About two hours each day and she earned almost $200. If you do it do not take pizza orders as they are never ready.

Re: Side Hustle For Extra Income [Re: Sick Train] #8495842 01/05/22 08:05 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by spacejunkie

Depends on the amount of work I would have to do but something simple I'd be good with at least $400 or more per month. Just some extra cash in my pocket for fun stuff.

In and Out store manager makes like $250K per year

Re: Side Hustle For Extra Income [Re: Sick Train] #8495860 01/05/22 08:29 PM
T
TexFlip Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by TexFlip
Your definition of "Very Well" is probably a lot different than mine

I would imagine it varies from person to person.

Originally Posted by unclebubba
Just to make sure that it is done thoroughly, I go both ways.

Re: Side Hustle For Extra Income [Re: Sick Train] #8495875 01/05/22 08:42 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
My wife is a CPA and does extra work doing peoples personal and small business taxes. Easy money!!!

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide