Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics536,986
Posts9,719,147
Members86,987
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Looking for realtor recommendations for land purchase in Collin/Grayson/Fannin/Hunt County #8493272 01/02/22 04:40 PM
TX Whitetail Hunter Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
Looking to purchase some land and need a recommendation. I want a recommendation from someone who has actually worked with realtors in the area. I'm looking for likely 25-50 acres--not a huge ranch, but want a realtor that has experience beyond buying houses in town. Also would be interested in knowing about any realtors that I should avoid, that can be equally useful information.

I'm sure there are plenty of realtors on here who will offer their services. Respectfully, please understand I am not looking for someone to offer their services. I'm looking for a genuine recommendation.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Looking for realtor recommendations for land purchase in Collin/Grayson/Fannin/Hunt County [Re: TX Whitetail Hunter] #8493677 01/03/22 03:48 AM
B
booskay Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
You are NOT looking for the realtor's services, just their recommendation ?? Just do the job and not get paid??? All realtors should jump at the opportunity to work for free !!!

Re: Looking for realtor recommendations for land purchase in Collin/Grayson/Fannin/Hunt County [Re: booskay] #8493737 01/03/22 11:41 AM
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
Perhaps I wasn’t clear. I’m looking to use a realtor’s paid services. I’m looking for someone WHO IS NOT A REALTOR to recommend a realtor based on some personal experience. I simply wasn’t looking for responses here directly from realtors.

Re: Looking for realtor recommendations for land purchase in Collin/Grayson/Fannin/Hunt County [Re: booskay] #8493758 01/03/22 12:37 PM
GasGuzzler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by booskay
You are NOT looking for the realtor's services, just their recommendation ?? Just do the job and not get paid??? All realtors should jump at the opportunity to work for free !!!

Huh? How long did it take you to come up with that post?

Pass the gravy.

Re: Looking for realtor recommendations for land purchase in Collin/Grayson/Fannin/Hunt County [Re: booskay] #8493877 01/03/22 02:57 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S

Perhaps you should read all of the original post to last sentence and read very slowly again...... dunce

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Looking for realtor recommendations for land purchase in Collin/Grayson/Fannin/Hunt County [Re: TX Whitetail Hunter] #8494068 01/03/22 06:32 PM
S
Sewer rat Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Doug--Texas
Perhaps I wasn’t clear. I’m looking to use a realtor’s paid services. I’m looking for someone WHO IS NOT A REALTOR to recommend a realtor based on some personal experience. I simply wasn’t looking for responses here directly from realtors.

I understood it exactly. What OP is saying is he wants a solid recommendation based on someone's experiences not just a Realtor or someone on here's cousin, nephew, brother, etc contacting him.

We have bought and sold probably a dozen properties in the last ten years. I can tell you there is without a doubt a huge difference in the quality of realtors. The difference between a good and bad one can mean tens of thousands of dollars and who knows how much time. I think something like 10% of the realtors move 90% of the properties. There are a ton of part timers or those with little experience and or motivation.

There is a ton of realtors. Virtually every single person knows at least one. Maybe they are a parent on your kids baseball team, a spouse of a coworker, a relative, who knows. SO many realtor recommendations are based just on someone they know and that is not the way to go about it.

Doug I can't help you with a recommendation in your area or on a property that size. I could confidently recommend who I think is arguably the best ranch realtor in the nation but they do very few deals less than 10 million.

Re: Looking for realtor recommendations for land purchase in Collin/Grayson/Fannin/Hunt County [Re: stxranchman] #8494199 01/03/22 09:19 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by GasGuzzler

Huh? How long did it take you to come up with that post?

Originally Posted by stxranchman

Perhaps you should read all of the original post to last sentence and read very slowly again...... dunce

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Looking for realtor recommendations for land purchase in Collin/Grayson/Fannin/Hunt County [Re: Sewer rat] #8494303 01/03/22 11:12 PM
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
Thanks for your reply. I have bought and sold a number of houses through the years. Have worked with some fantastic realtors and have worked with some that were unbelievably bad. I certainly appreciate the value that a good realtor can add to the transaction. I plan to interview several before deciding..

Re: Looking for realtor recommendations for land purchase in Collin/Grayson/Fannin/Hunt County [Re: TX Whitetail Hunter] #8494333 01/03/22 11:37 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
It's shocking the difference between a real pro realtor and someone that just needs something to do, isn't it? We've had some great ones, but have also seen a few that obviously had way more important things to do in their personal lives than to bother with us. It's amazing how much money is lost in real estate due to folks just not having their $&^% together. Excellent plan to interview several. Good luck to you and I hope you find the perfect site for your new home. up

And now some of 'em have "vetters" that don't know their poot shoot from a hole in the ground. I'm sure they call themselves "lead qualifiers" or some such. roflmao Hello. These idiots are losing you business. I inquired about a lot for sale on my street, off the ad of some prima donna (male...I'm sure "gender fluid") in a pink sportcoat. The texting back and forth ended with this lackey responding, basically, "go jump in a lake" when I said we had a realtor for the sale of our existing home. Idiot.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Looking for realtor recommendations for land purchase in Collin/Grayson/Fannin/Hunt County [Re: TX Whitetail Hunter] #8495883 01/05/22 08:54 PM
C
CCH903 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
C
My wife is a realtor in Hunt County who also serves the other counties you mentioned specializing in land. She was born and raised in Hunt County, on a farm! We currently live there on our own land. She knows land and the area very well. How do you know I am not just plugging my wife?... well her repeat clients and investors she works with on a daily basis utilize her extensive knowledge of the surrounding land. Her name is Sarah Helm. Her number is 903-408-0557. She would be glad to assist you.

Re: Looking for realtor recommendations for land purchase in Collin/Grayson/Fannin/Hunt County [Re: CCH903] #8495930 01/05/22 10:12 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by CCH903
How do you know I am not just plugging my wife?

I would rephrase that.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Looking for realtor recommendations for land purchase in Collin/Grayson/Fannin/Hunt County [Re: TX Whitetail Hunter] #8496083 01/06/22 12:54 AM
E
EVCO Offline
Tracker
Tracker
E
My wife is also a realtor and we live in Hunt County. She has been in D Magazine top realtors for the last 5 years. She specializes in land buying and selling. Her name is Beckye Evans and her number is 469-774-7754. Give her a call and tell her you got her info from Kenny.

Last edited by EVCO; 01/06/22 12:58 AM.
Re: Looking for realtor recommendations for land purchase in Collin/Grayson/Fannin/Hunt County [Re: Creekrunner] #8496150 01/06/22 02:24 AM
C
CCH903 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
C
Originally Posted by Creekrunner

I would rephrase that.

I see what you are doing there😛

Re: Looking for realtor recommendations for land purchase in Collin/Grayson/Fannin/Hunt County [Re: Creekrunner] #8496377 01/06/22 01:24 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Creekrunner

I would rephrase that.

roflmao

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Looking for realtor recommendations for land purchase in Collin/Grayson/Fannin/Hunt County [Re: TX Whitetail Hunter] #8498165 01/08/22 02:09 AM
B
BigPig Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Did the OP ever find someone?

Wade Dews, REALTOR ®
Rendon Realty, LLC
Frontline Real Estate Team
www.RendonRealty.com
WadeDews@gmail.com
214-356-2410
Up to 1% for closing costs for First Responders & Veterans
Proudly partnered with Assist The Officer Foundation https://atodallas.org/
Re: Looking for realtor recommendations for land purchase in Collin/Grayson/Fannin/Hunt County [Re: BigPig] #8498890 01/09/22 01:49 AM
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
Originally Posted by BigPig
Did the OP ever find someone?

Yes, I got the information that I needed. Working through some options for property.

Thanks, everyone!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide