Print Thread
IRAY BRAVO OR SUPER HOGSTER? #8462924 11/30/21 07:56 PM
D
dustyhog Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
D
Anyone have an opinion on the purchase and comparison of the IRAY Bravo versus the Super Hogster?

Looking at both have had great results with the Hogster R35 wondering if the trade up is worth it for one of these scopes.

Little higher price on the Bravo but it has a good App and 1 more year of warranty not much else I can see for the money.

Re: IRAY BRAVO OR SUPER HOGSTER? [Re: dustyhog] #8463050 11/30/21 09:54 PM
D
Dzhitshard Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
Bravo imo

Objectively
I’m not a super fan of HOW the Hogster mounts are installed. Matter of fact I hate the idea of manufacturer needing to swap the mount because it’s epoxied on and has no recoil boss. Bravo also has longer warranty, a magnetic port vs female USB-C, no danged CR123 or $100 extended 16650 battery kit if you want to run cordless.

Subjectively
Bravo better image

Re: IRAY BRAVO OR SUPER HOGSTER? [Re: dustyhog] #8463253 12/01/21 02:03 AM
Outdoor Legacy Offline
Tracker
Tracker
The Super Hogster has iRay internal parts in it, so it will have the exact same image quality of the Bravo. They are both 3x base magnification. So right from there, you can know that both will perform equally when hunting in the field.

The benefit of the Super Hogster is the price of $3,120. It is a "bargain" for this quality of a scope. It has a 4 year warranty.

The benefits of the Bravo at $3,499 over the Super Hogster is the high quality American Defense QD mount (vs the OEM mount on the Hogster), the USB magnetic external power connections, a better menu system and iRay USA's 5 year warranty with a 5 business day repair/replace policy. The American Defense mount costs $200 when we sell it for other iRay scopes, so that right there is a $200 value.

Both scopes will allow for a normal USB external battery pack and will run all night off a good one. If you're going that route the Bravo is the better option because of the magnetic USB connector.

So at the end of the day, both are super similar and great scopes, you just need to decide if you like the benefits of the Bravo enough to spend the extra $380. Some people say it's absolutely worth it and others think the best "bang for the buck" is the Super Hogster. We sell an absolute ton of both and you really can't go wrong either way.

(Dzhitshard makes a good point about the Hogster mount. It is kind of a pain that you can't change it yourself.)

Jason

Outdoor Legacy - Owner
The Late Night Vision Show - Co-Host
[Linked Image]
Night Vision, Thermal & Accessories
OutdoorLegacyGear.com
(877)350-1818

Re: IRAY BRAVO OR SUPER HOGSTER? [Re: dustyhog] #8463963 12/01/21 11:18 PM
Double Naught Spy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Overall, I think I like the Bravo over the Super Hogster. Firmware-wise, it seems to be set up better.

As for the magnetic power connection, no the Super Hogster doesn't have it, but you can have it on the Super Hogster or Super Yoter if you want, for only a whopping $15-20, buying the parts through Amazon. I did for the Super Yoter (same housing as the Super Hogster) and it worked just fine.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: IRAY BRAVO OR SUPER HOGSTER? [Re: dustyhog] #8464051 12/02/21 01:14 AM
W
Wool E. Booger Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
Here is an idiots review on the bravo. I am the idiot, because I have never owned, or used a thermal scope of any kind. I received the bravo this past Saturday from outdoor legacy. I used it deer hunting this past weekend in the stand as a hand held monocular of sorts just playing with it and becoming familiar with it. I finally mounted it on my rifle and zeroed in today. I will say it is pretty much idiot proof. The menu is easy to follow and zeroing the thing was probably the easiest scope I have ever zeroed. I can’t say enough about it. It is amazing. The picture clarity is stunning. I haven’t messed with the record features yet, and don’t know that I will, time will tell on that, but in my opinion it is a very good scope, especially for someone new to the thermal world. I purchased the bravo because of the quick detach mount, the magnetic power cord feature and the raised buttons on top for using it in the dark. I will say that it has been money well spent so far. Just my opinion for what it is worth.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide