Forums46
Topics537,767
Posts9,728,927
Members87,039
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: Remo] #8461869 11/29/21 05:33 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Looks like lots of stupid went on there.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: redchevy] #8461879 11/29/21 05:38 PM
B
BigfootWallace Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Originally Posted by redchevy
So what happens when your a man and try to whoop azz but your azz gets whooped and then you leave your wife/kids there with the intruder who whooped your azz?

Fighting aint about being fair. Ive been known to have a hot head, and I like to keep the fact that I have a gun hidden, but F that macho nonsense.

Humans have been settling disputes with fists for thousands of years. Now everyone wants to shoot people.

I know at least I won't ever have to be worried about being known as a coward for shooting an unarmed man. You do you

Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: Remo] #8461894 11/29/21 05:47 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Thats cool. You go knocking on somebody's door and refuse to leave their property when told to do so, don't matter how much of a man you are or think you are, how big you are or anything, you might get dead. I've got enough to live for I wont let something so small as a little pride get me dead.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: redchevy] #8461901 11/29/21 05:52 PM
B
BigfootWallace Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Thanks for the advice. I may be dumb but not dumb enough to grab a scared little man's gun. Fear is a strong emotion.

Last edited by BigfootWallace; 11/29/21 05:53 PM.
Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: Hudbone] #8461927 11/29/21 06:34 PM
skinnerback Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by Hudbone
Had a pistol stuck in my face once. I was on top and only thought I was in charge. Still don't know where it got pulled from, but It sure changed my attitude.

Have had a gun pulled on me a couple times. Last time, ol' boy stuck a loaded 45 in my face and told me to get off his property or he was gonna kill me. You know what I did..... I backed up slowly, got off of his property, and called the police.

I've been in the dead guy's shoes when it comes to dealing with ex's not following custody orders from the court. I know how infuriating it is to have an ex play games with your kids for the sole purpose of hurting you, but you've gotta be smarter than that and keep your cool. I've had a boyfriend of an ex bow up to me about things that were none of his damn business, instigated by the ex. I know well how hard it is to not lose your temper and get violent in a situation like that. The dead Dad brought this upon himself, he should have stepped off the property and called the law especially after the warning shot. His hot head got him killed, now a kid has no Dad. Was the shooter legally justified? It looks that way but the courts will decide that. Dead Dad threatened to take the gun from him and kill him with it, then tried to. This whole ordeal is messed up.

Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: Remo] #8461930 11/29/21 06:40 PM
R
reeltexan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

People are idiots.

[Linked Image]

"Give me an Army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle... Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war." - General Patton

Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: Buzzsaw] #8461933 11/29/21 06:42 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
Originally Posted by Sewer rat
I have known the shooter’s attorney for about 20 years. I have not talked to him in years nor do I know any specific details about this case beyond what we see in the video. I will say the attorney is darn good and I think the shooter will walk.

I can’t say I would have acted in the same way but I think he was completely justified in arming himself and coming out on his porch when an unwelcome person is there and won’t leave. This alone certainly doesn’t justify the deadly force or pointing the gun at the person but there is nothing wrong with going inside and getting it when a unwelcome guest is screaming at your significant other by your porch. What happened next is what I think makes it justified. The dead guy gets in his face and grabs for the gun and says he will kill him with it. That is is a deadly threat and actions in grabbing for the gun and at that point he is justified in using deadly force to defend himself.

gotta agree, grand jury will aquit

the grand jury cannot "Aquit" all they can do is no bill him.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: Remo] #8461940 11/29/21 06:50 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Both men let down their loved ones.

Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: Sneaky] #8461997 11/29/21 07:53 PM
O
Old Rabbit Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
O
Originally Posted by Sneaky
Originally Posted by SRPI89
The whole thing is strange. The shooter acted like it was no big deal, and the woman supposedly married to the guy shot didn’t seem to concerned, either. I don’t know what part of the state this occurred in, but that’s some east Texas type stuff.

Lubbock

Well, there you go. Same thing.

Almost as bad as that sh!t hole called Brock Tx. Give it a rest.

Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: Old Rabbit] #8462002 11/29/21 08:05 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by Old Rabbit
Originally Posted by SRPI89
The whole thing is strange. The shooter acted like it was no big deal, and the woman supposedly married to the guy shot didn’t seem to concerned, either. I don’t know what part of the state this occurred in, but that’s some east Texas type stuff.

Lubbock

Well, there you go. Same thing.

Almost as bad as that sh!t hole called Brock Tx. Give it a rest.

Brock does have a Dollar General.

Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: Hudbone] #8462160 11/29/21 11:00 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
I tell you to leave my property with a gun......you better go.

GOOD SHOOT

Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: Hudbone] #8462170 11/29/21 11:09 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by Hudbone
Both men let down their loved ones.

dont know why but this makes me think of bedazzled jeans

[Linked Image]
Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: fadetoblack64] #8462176 11/29/21 11:21 PM
Superduty Online Content
"The Regulator"
Online Content
"The Regulator"
Originally Posted by fadetoblack64

GOOD SHOOT

Criminal Trespassing is not a Death Sentence last I heard.

'It's Only Treason if You Lose."
Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: bigbob_ftw] #8462177 11/29/21 11:22 PM
F
flintknapper Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
Originally Posted by Sewer rat
I have known the shooter’s attorney for about 20 years. I have not talked to him in years nor do I know any specific details about this case beyond what we see in the video. I will say the attorney is darn good and I think the shooter will walk.

I can’t say I would have acted in the same way but I think he was completely justified in arming himself and coming out on his porch when an unwelcome person is there and won’t leave. This alone certainly doesn’t justify the deadly force or pointing the gun at the person but there is nothing wrong with going inside and getting it when a unwelcome guest is screaming at your significant other by your porch. What happened next is what I think makes it justified. The dead guy gets in his face and grabs for the gun and says he will kill him with it. That is is a deadly threat and actions in grabbing for the gun and at that point he is justified in using deadly force to defend himself.

gotta agree, grand jury will aquit

the grand jury cannot "Aquit" all they can do is no bill him.

Correct. It isn't a 'trial' it is a hearing where evidence is brought to bear and the Jury 'Votes' to indict *True Bill* or not to indict *No Bill*

The defendant because its a hearing and not a trial (no Judge present) also can not have a defense attorney present. The prosecutor runs the entire show.

It is simply decided if there is enough evidence or probable cause to bring an indictment.

Spartans ask not...how many, but where!
Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: Superduty] #8462181 11/29/21 11:24 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
Originally Posted by Superduty

GOOD SHOOT

is on my porch

Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: Superduty] #8462187 11/29/21 11:31 PM
F
flintknapper Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by Superduty

GOOD SHOOT

Exactly right. In fact it is a misdemeanor in Texas.

Castle Doctrine doesn't stand a chance either....though the homeowner's attorney has now thrown that in the mix.

Self Defense..is the ONLY element with any chance and a good prosecutor should be able to tear that one down pretty quickly.

Texas Penal Code - PENAL § 9.32

Spartans ask not...how many, but where!
Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: flintknapper] #8462274 11/30/21 12:43 AM
THF Celebrity Chef
Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by flintknapper
Self Defense..is the ONLY element with any chance and a good prosecutor should be able to tear that one down pretty quickly.

Don't see that happening at all. The guy threatened to take his gun from him and threatened to kill him, and then he tried to. It became self defense after that IMO. Plus dead guy was the instigator. He was told to leave, refused, and began the instigation by telling the other guy "What the F you gonna do about it". That's what brought the gun out and then continued instigating like a billy bad [censored] getting in his face before trying to take the gun.

Land owner should have just called the cops over the criminal tresspass. Dead Dad should have just called the cops over the court order violation (I've done it). Two hot heads and unnecessary bad result.

Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: Remo] #8462288 11/30/21 12:56 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
In the future this will become a movie.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: dogcatcher] #8462289 11/30/21 12:57 AM
THF Celebrity Chef
Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by dogcatcher

Another Dumb & Dumber.

Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: skinnerback] #8462290 11/30/21 12:59 AM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by skinnerback

Another Dumb & Dumber.

rofl

[Linked Image]
Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: dogcatcher] #8462344 11/30/21 01:45 AM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N

Just a Dateline episode.

Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: BigfootWallace] #8462355 11/30/21 01:52 AM
E
erathar Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
E
Originally Posted by BigfootWallace
I'm surprised at how many are willing to hide behind a gun when threatened by another man with no weapon. If a man yelled at my wife on my front porch he would get his a** whipped. No need to kill him, some people just need to grow a set.

Even if you lose the fight at least your not a coward who was afraid to get into one.

Your posts always seemed like you were high school aged, I’m glad this thread gave verification of such. You should really have a disclaimer on your posts for the folks of Santo.

Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: erathar] #8462361 11/30/21 02:02 AM
B
BigfootWallace Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Originally Posted by erathar
I'm surprised at how many are willing to hide behind a gun when threatened by another man with no weapon. If a man yelled at my wife on my front porch he would get his a** whipped. No need to kill him, some people just need to grow a set.

Even if you lose the fight at least your not a coward who was afraid to get into one.

Your posts always seemed like you were high school aged, I’m glad this thread gave verification of such. You should really have a disclaimer on your posts for the folks of Santo.

Even most high school kids have sense enough not to kill unarmed people they have a disagreement with.

Glad you always notice my posts, never cared to notice yours.

Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: BigfootWallace] #8462366 11/30/21 02:04 AM
E
erathar Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
E
Originally Posted by erathar

Even most high school kids have sense enough not to kill unarmed people they have a disagreement with.

Glad you always notice my posts, never cared to notice yours.

roflmao

Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: skinnerback] #8462407 11/30/21 02:44 AM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U
Originally Posted by skinnerback
Originally Posted by flintknapper

Don't see that happening at all. The guy threatened to take his gun from him and threatened to kill him, and then he tried to. It became self defense after that IMO. Plus dead guy was the instigator. He was told to leave, refused, and began the instigation by telling the other guy "What the F you gonna do about it". That's what brought the gun out and then continued instigating like a billy bad [censored] getting in his face before trying to take the gun.

Land owner should have just called the cops over the criminal tresspass. Dead Dad should have just called the cops over the court order violation (I've done it). Two hot heads and unnecessary bad result.

I think this is the case here. No, Criminal trespass isn't a death sentence...however, attempting to take the land owner's gun from him and threatening to kill him is. This could have, and should have been solved another way. The Mom should not have been hiding the kids in the first place (that's essentially what she was doing). The Mom and boyfriend could have gone inside and waited for the cops to show. The Father could have gone to the curb and waited for the cops to show. IMO this was a case of two idiots posturing like rutting bucks competing for territory. Neither one was smart enough to keep this from happening. The sad part is that the one's that will suffer the most is the kids, and they had no say in it.
This really could go either way in court, but, I would not be surprised to see the shooter walk on this one as long as he has a decent lawyer. I know I would have acted differently than the land owner all the way up to the point that the father tried to take my gun from me. Once he does that, it is true self defense, backed up by castle doctrine. The castle doctrine says that you do not have to back down or try to retreat from a threat if you are protecting your property.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide