Forums46
Topics537,785
Posts9,729,124
Members87,042
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: Remo] #8461030 11/28/21 09:36 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I feel sorry for the son, prayers for him.

The rest including his mother should be given a one way ticket to hell.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: Txhunter65] #8461091 11/28/21 10:51 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
good shoot

Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: Bee'z] #8461430 11/29/21 04:11 AM
F
flintknapper Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by 2Beez
Originally Posted by flintknapper
Originally Posted by Thundervee
Well, he did tell the dude twice to leave and get off his property peep

Amounts to Criminal Trespass. A misdemeanor in Texas. Not justification for the use of deadly force. This was a bad shoot.

If I have to tell you once you already [censored] up. There will not be a second...

Yeah, hot headed talk. IF you are not justified in a shooting prepare to spend a lot of time in prison, where you can recite it all day long.

Spartans ask not...how many, but where!
Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: Remo] #8461434 11/29/21 04:23 AM
F
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Lubbock PD investigated and determined it to be a Justifiable Homicide.

I don't think this is correct. If there is something newer than I've read about it....I would be interested to see it.

The homeowners ATTORNEY is making this claim. But I believe Lubbock PD has simply not chosen to make any charges (the situation being somewhat unclear legally). Instead they are letting a Grand Jury decide (all homicides go before a GJ anyway). They will determine whether to True Bill or No Bill. If a True Bill decision is rendered then it gets forwarded to prosecutor.

IMO...this was bad shoot. But we will see what comes of it.

Regardless the outcome, the kids got the worst of it. This never needed to of happen.

Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: Remo] #8461471 11/29/21 10:13 AM
H
Hudbone Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
A mother involved with the man who killed her child's father leaves me with many questions. None of them are good ones.

Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: Remo] #8461476 11/29/21 10:56 AM
T
TPACK Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
I`ve watched that several time and it just doesn`t appear normal reactions for what just happened from any involved. Maybe they kept his kids away on purpose to get him all jacked up knowing he would threaten them and the little tough guy could defend himself with deadly force using the castle doctrine law. If it looks fishy to most of us it will look the same way to the grand jury. There is also another video I saw that someone inside the home took. It would be interesting to hear the audio on that video from when he came in the house to get the gun. The shooter had plenty of options other than kill the man. If this had happened inside the man`s house it would be a whole different situation, but it didn`t. I`ll put money on it that he does time.

[Linked Image]

Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: Remo] #8461479 11/29/21 11:10 AM
B
BigfootWallace Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
I don't understand pulling a weapon out when it's just man vs man. The only time a grown man should ever draw on someone is if they have a weapon or if there where more than one of them.

The shooter should go to jail for being a coward, he should have manned up and settled it the right way. There was no need for the death in this shooting or the one in Abilene.

Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: Remo] #8461499 11/29/21 12:15 PM
C
Catperch Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
C
Im putting myself in the shooters position, and no way can I get to the point of going inside and getting a gun in that situation. I was taught to never pull your gun out unless you fully intend to use it, because chances are, once it comes out, it's only a millimeter finger pull before there are serious consequences.

Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: Remo] #8461534 11/29/21 12:56 PM
Z
ZachTisdale Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
Z
I saw this first on Facebook and the general consensus was that the shooter is going to prison for a long time. There were so many layers to who was who, that I couldn’t determine who was the victims current wife, ex-wife or what. There was some talk about the shooter being the child’s mother’s current boyfriend and that there had been an affair before the divorce. The video from the yard is apparently the victim’s girlfriend, but the reactions after so odd to me.

Coming from EMS, I know everybody reacts to things like this differently.. but there was almost an attitude of “I knew this was going to happen” from everybody.

A lot of folks seem to think baby mama set it up because she knew both men would react how they did. Apparently they’re both hotheads.

I see this guy going to prison for a long time, and it wouldn’t surprise me if somebody else gets a charge too. Once they start digging, no telling what they’ll find.

Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: TPACK] #8461552 11/29/21 01:35 PM
B
barndoor Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Originally Posted by TPACK
I`ve watched that several time and it just doesn`t appear normal reactions for what just happened from any involved. Maybe they kept his kids away on purpose to get him all jacked up knowing he would threaten them and the little tough guy could defend himself with deadly force using the castle doctrine law. If it looks fishy to most of us it will look the same way to the grand jury. There is also another video I saw that someone inside the home took. It would be interesting to hear the audio on that video from when he came in the house to get the gun. The shooter had plenty of options other than kill the man. If this had happened inside the man`s house it would be a whole different situation, but it didn`t. I`ll put money on it that he does time.

[Linked Image]

I agree. The Castle Doctrine protects you when someone is trying to enter your habitation. This guy did not threaten anyone with bodily harm, so no need to get a gun period. He did not try to enter the habitation. He was simply trying to get his son per the court order.

Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: 6InARowMakeItGo] #8461614 11/29/21 02:14 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Thundervee
Well, he did tell the dude twice to leave and get off his property peep

Which makes this case completely different than the case in Georgia where the shooter left his property to pursue the victim on a public road.

Last edited by Texas Dan; 11/29/21 02:14 PM.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: Remo] #8461633 11/29/21 02:30 PM
S
Sewer rat Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
I have known the shooter’s attorney for about 20 years. I have not talked to him in years nor do I know any specific details about this case beyond what we see in the video. I will say the attorney is darn good and I think the shooter will walk.

I can’t say I would have acted in the same way but I think he was completely justified in arming himself and coming out on his porch when an unwelcome person is there and won’t leave. This alone certainly doesn’t justify the deadly force or pointing the gun at the person but there is nothing wrong with going inside and getting it when a unwelcome guest is screaming at your significant other by your porch. What happened next is what I think makes it justified. The dead guy gets in his face and grabs for the gun and says he will kill him with it. That is is a deadly threat and actions in grabbing for the gun and at that point he is justified in using deadly force to defend himself.

Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: Sewer rat] #8461655 11/29/21 02:47 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Sewer rat
I have known the shooter’s attorney for about 20 years. I have not talked to him in years nor do I know any specific details about this case beyond what we see in the video. I will say the attorney is darn good and I think the shooter will walk.

I can’t say I would have acted in the same way but I think he was completely justified in arming himself and coming out on his porch when an unwelcome person is there and won’t leave. This alone certainly doesn’t justify the deadly force or pointing the gun at the person but there is nothing wrong with going inside and getting it when a unwelcome guest is screaming at your significant other by your porch. What happened next is what I think makes it justified. The dead guy gets in his face and grabs for the gun and says he will kill him with it. That is is a deadly threat and actions in grabbing for the gun and at that point he is justified in using deadly force to defend himself.

gotta agree, grand jury will aquit

Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: Remo] #8461663 11/29/21 02:56 PM
H
Hudbone Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Had a pistol stuck in my face once. I was on top and only thought I was in charge. Still don't know where it got pulled from, but It sure changed my attitude.

Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: Remo] #8461712 11/29/21 03:30 PM
B
Big_Country01 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
B
It will not be an open and shut case. It will be hard to use self defense when the shooter removed himself from the threat by entering the house and then re-inserted himself back into the situation by exiting the house. I have seen two cell phone videos, but at any point in time did anyone call the police? All he had to do was lock himself inside and wait for the cops. If the victim would have tried to kick in the door, it would be a different story.

Last edited by Big_Country01; 11/29/21 03:31 PM.

Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: Buzzsaw] #8461717 11/29/21 03:32 PM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

confused2
But, guns dont kill ...
The dead man had no gun, shooter brought it into play...
He (the dad) was their ta pic up son from the shooters
so called (significant other) of the shooter,
You know, the one that yelled (you shot my husband) ...

Phones dont kill they were invented for talking, comunication...

Would the dad be dead if shooter would have picked up phone & called the police ?

Nothing wrong with a dad wanting spend time with his son...

A dad is dead, a son tis without a dad, even the wife yelled "you shot my husband"...

All because a shooter chose ta pic up a gun instead of a phone...

A person with an open mind has a wider point of view...

Tis sonething the shooter will have ta live with...

angel Prayers...

Call me one of dem snowfakes, libturd....

flag

i'm postaddic
Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: Sewer rat] #8461743 11/29/21 03:49 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
What happened next is what I think makes it justified. The dead guy gets in his face and grabs for the gun and says he will kill him with it. That is is a deadly threat and actions in grabbing for the gun and at that point he is justified in using deadly force to defend himself.

Case closed.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: Remo] #8461751 11/29/21 03:56 PM
K
Ktexas14 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
K
Wow, Shooter should end up in prison. Surprised he isnt in a jail cell right now.

Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: Buzzsaw] #8461752 11/29/21 03:57 PM
S
SRPI89 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

I also agree. When the shootee grabbed the gun and threatened him, it changed the game. It sure feels icky, though. My Lubbock friends and I have kicked this back and forth for several days, and it really doesn't all add up. The emotions (or lack thereof) from everyone after the shooting, the quick reaction to get the gun and use it, all just appears (purely speculation) that this had been contemplated before. Like they've sat around and said "If he gets in my face, I'll kill him". Again, that's wild speculation on my part. The worst thing remains that there are kids that lost their dad who was trying to pick them up for visitation, and the mother's boyfriend pulled the trigger.

Sad day for all.

Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: Big_Country01] #8461779 11/29/21 04:15 PM
S
Sewer rat Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Big_Country01
It will not be an open and shut case. It will be hard to use self defense when the shooter removed himself from the threat by entering the house and then re-inserted himself back into the situation by exiting the house. I have seen two cell phone videos, but at any point in time did anyone call the police? All he had to do was lock himself inside and wait for the cops. If the victim would have tried to kick in the door, it would be a different story.

Maybe I have it wrong but my understanding is the shooter was in a relationship with the female that that dead guy was arguing with. This female was the dead guys ex wife.

So if your girlfriend has a male yelling at her on your porch you are going to go inside and lock the door, call the cops, and leave her out there to fend for herself? Him removing himself from the threat and going inside and getting the gun was done while the threat was directed at his girlfriend. He was perfectly fine getting the gun and coming back outside where his girlfriend was the entire time. Again this alone doesn't justify the deadly force. Dead guy rushing up on him and grabbing the gun saying he is going to kill him does.

I can answer my door every time someone knocks with a rifle in hand if I want as long as I am not threatening or pointing it at anyone.

Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: SRPI89] #8461784 11/29/21 04:20 PM
S
Sewer rat Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted by SRPI89
[quote=Buzzsaw]. The emotions (or lack thereof) from everyone after the shooting, the quick reaction to get the gun and use it, all just appears (purely speculation) that this had been contemplated before. Like they've sat around and said "If he gets in my face, I'll kill him". Again, that's wild speculation on my part. The worst thing remains that there are kids that lost their dad who was trying to pick them up for visitation, and the mother's boyfriend pulled the trigger.

Sad day for all.

Agree. The video from the car which I understand was filmed by the dead guy's current wife showed zero emotion. She didn't seem to care that her husband was dead she was just arguing with the shooter. The shooter and his girlfriend also seemed like they were not really shocked.

Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: Texas Dan] #8461794 11/29/21 04:35 PM
F
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by Texas Dan
What happened next is what I think makes it justified. The dead guy gets in his face and grabs for the gun and says he will kill him with it. That is is a deadly threat and actions in grabbing for the gun and at that point he is justified in using deadly force to defend himself.

Case closed.

No Sir...it is MUCH more involved than that.

After the threat the homeowner is flung from the porch some 10'-12' feet appears. So there is distance between the two. Verbal threat is one thing....but two elements that must be present are opportunity and ability to carry out the threat. Homeowner is still armed, the dad is not armed. This will be determined in court.

Also, the shooter loses all protection in a 'self defense' case if the actor 'provokes' the situation. This too will be determined in court. Ultimately...what the jurors must decide are the if actions of the shooter were based on 'reasonableness' and I would submit this is FAR from a 'Case Closed' determination.

Homeowner was indeed within his rights to retrieve a weapon at any time (on his personal property). That is not being argued. But... what was DONE after that can be reasonably questioned.

This was an I'll show you shooting and I believe the homeowner will end up regretting his angered actions.

Last edited by flintknapper; 11/29/21 04:36 PM.

Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: Remo] #8461829 11/29/21 05:11 PM
B
BigfootWallace Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
I'm surprised at how many are willing to hide behind a gun when threatened by another man with no weapon. If a man yelled at my wife on my front porch he would get his a** whipped. No need to kill him, some people just need to grow a set.

Even if you lose the fight at least your not a coward who was afraid to get into one.

Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: BigfootWallace] #8461852 11/29/21 05:27 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
So what happens when your a man and try to whoop azz but your azz gets whooped and then you leave your wife/kids there with the intruder who whooped your azz?

Fighting aint about being fair. Ive been known to have a hot head, and I like to keep the fact that I have a gun hidden, but F that macho nonsense.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Video shows Texas man shoot partner’s ex [Re: ZachTisdale] #8461865 11/29/21 05:32 PM
L
LuckyDucker_TTU Online Content
Bird Dog
Online Content
Bird Dog
L
Originally Posted by ZachTisdale
The video from the yard is apparently the victim’s girlfriend, but the reactions after so odd to me.

That’s the first thought I had. Very strange. It isn’t until the end of the video when the lady in the truck sets her phone down and tells whoever else is in there to call 911, you hear her scream “Oh my god! You really did it!” Somehow it didn’t register with her what happened or she didn’t think the gun was real. Odd reactions all the way around

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide