Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Man Sig ain’t playing [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8458955 11/25/21 04:57 PM
D
DStroud Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
Wanted to try the tracking assist but never took the time to do it. Might be mid December deer hunt before I get real opportunities

"Anyone taking up handloading necessarily plays with unknown factors and takes chances. But so does anyone who drives a car,goes to a cocktail party,eats in a restaurant,or gets married."

Jack O'Connor 1963
Re: Man Sig ain’t playing [Re: DStroud] #8459491 11/26/21 12:25 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content OP
kind of a big deal
OP Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by DStroud
Wanted to try the tracking assist but never took the time to do it. Might be mid December deer hunt before I get real opportunities

Look forward to the report

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Man Sig ain’t playing [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8469877 12/08/21 06:23 PM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
How do these Sig's compare to Lecia Geovid? Anything about the Lecia's make them worth the extra $600.00?

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: Man Sig ain’t playing [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #8471616 12/10/21 03:39 PM
kind of a big deal
OP Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
How do these Sig's compare to Lecia Geovid? Anything about the Lecia's make them worth the extra $600.00?

Different features. Lecia’s have better glass but new sig’s have the ability to translate a ranged objects to a way point in a map.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Man Sig ain’t playing [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8471671 12/10/21 04:39 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson

Different features. Lecia’s have better glass but new sig’s have the ability to translate a ranged objects to a way point in a map.

I'd trade that for clarity and sharpness of image. I read a review on the Sig's that stated the clarity was not so good. If it was as good as say, some Vortex Diamond Backs I had, that would be good enough clarity for me. All I'm after is the ability to ditch my range finder and have better than average clarity and sharpness of image.

Re: Man Sig ain’t playing [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8472528 12/11/21 06:41 PM
kind of a big deal
OP Online Content
kind of a big deal
They are better then the diamond backs but not the Vortex Razor UHD

Re: Man Sig ain’t playing [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8495555 01/05/22 01:16 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
So I bought the Sig KILO3000 BDX. $1200.00 at Scheels, couldn't find a better price anywhere and I had like $500 in gift cards. The next bump in price were the Leica's for about $500.00 more. All I need is good clarity and viewing out to about 600 yards. I'm glad to have one less piece of gear (hand held range finder, Leupold that will appear in the for sale page) and go from bino to rifle. I really believe going from bino's, to small hand held range finder, then to rifle may have cost me a good mule deer this past season. I'll give them a good look in the field here in a couple of weeks.

Re: Man Sig ain’t playing [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8552643 03/10/22 04:21 AM
D
DStroud Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
The wait will be over here shortly as the 10 K Sig’s that according to a previous post I made in this thread were ordered in September will arrive Friday.
Thank You Doug!

Last edited by DStroud; 03/10/22 04:22 AM.

"Anyone taking up handloading necessarily plays with unknown factors and takes chances. But so does anyone who drives a car,goes to a cocktail party,eats in a restaurant,or gets married."

Jack O'Connor 1963
Re: Man Sig ain’t playing [Re: DStroud] #8552649 03/10/22 04:56 AM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
The wait will be over here shortly as the 10 K Sig’s that according to a previous post I made in this thread were ordered in September will arrive Friday.
Thank You Doug!

Sure anxious to get your take on those.

Re: Man Sig ain’t playing [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8552842 03/10/22 03:11 PM
D
DStroud Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
I should get to try them this weekend as I plan to use them in our local NRL/PRS matches Saturday /Sunday

Jack O'Connor 1963
Re: Man Sig ain’t playing [Re: Jgraider] #8552977 03/10/22 05:08 PM
kind of a big deal
OP Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Jgraider
Thank You Doug!

Sure anxious to get your take on those.

Ditto and how well the base map Integration works. I can shoot further then my memory.

Re: Man Sig ain’t playing [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8554244 03/12/22 01:35 AM
D
DStroud Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
The Sig Kil10k arrived and I have played a little with it the last couple hours. I am proud to say I actually read the whole instruction manual which is definitely not normal for me. It’s cold outside and I had a good fire going and the wife is in Gruene shopping with her friends so seemed like the thing to do.

I will give a brief report now and another after some field use Saturday and Sunday.
There is already some review info from earlier this week on SH. Several folks who have looked thru the 10k said it has a Blue tinge in the color renditions you see while viewing. The book says one of the selling points are SpectraCoat anti- reflective coating for superior low -light performance and clarity ......Well all I can say if you like blue you will love them.
Best example I can give is looking at my natural cedar plank fence it almost looks like it’s been stained a pale Grey/bluish color. It doesn’t look bad just not true to color my eye see’s.

I loaded my data for the shoot Sunday which will be 6.5 Creedmoor and ranged out to 1131 yds which is as far as I can see around here and the data matches very close to my Ballistic app with slight differences because it was pulling local weather 35f and the binoculars were 68f because I wasn’t going to stand outside and let them acclimate. cool

It comes with a WeatherFlow Windmeter included but I haven’t paired it yet.

Just for BOBO I down loaded Base Map App so I could try that. I couldn’t get to work with the free download so I went back and it seems to use that feature you have to pay....so BOBO you owes me.... 34.99 to be exact. roflmao
I tell you what though it works and it works fast. I ranged 992 yds ...hit Mark and it gave me all my data instantly on my phone screen including dope for the shot. I was impressed with that feature as I still haven’t figured out how to do that on the Swaro TA’s. These seem very intuitive to me but maybe it’s because I have used the Sig3000’s quite a bit.

The ranging is fast the data slides in across the bottom quickly so no issues there. I put the Display on Auto and it seemed just right but I did go in a hit brightness settings and you can blind yourself if you want all the way down to dim.
I switched the circle to a Duplex cross hair for now. I will be using it off a tripod tomorrow as I know some have questions about where the beam is in relation to center which was an issue with the 3000 model.

Also it comes with a very nice Chest Harness in Multicam but no lense covers which I am fine with.

More to come

Jack O'Connor 1963
Re: Man Sig ain’t playing [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8554330 03/12/22 03:20 AM
kind of a big deal
OP Online Content
kind of a big deal
Nice!!! Could you stand behind glass all day glassing, and not get to fatigued?

I haven’t used basemap but I live on my onX maps.

I sent a buddy some Idaho waypoints today and I haven’t been up there in 5 years.

Re: Man Sig ain’t playing [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8554785 03/12/22 09:40 PM
D
DStroud Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
If you want brief and to the point I will give my opinion first.
Sig didn't hit a Home Run more like a ground rule double that bounced over the fence or maybe a triple at best. The Ballistic engine, the Base map inclusion with compass and the ability to quickly input wind and wind changes are very impressive. The glass however was a letdown for me. A big enough disappointment that I can't decide if i will hang on to them or not.
Keep in mind though that I AM comparing them to the absolute best Swaro TA that cost almost 2000.00 dollars more so I expected them to fall short but be better than the Sig3000 which I don't think they are.
I let a couple of folks get behind them and they all noticed the blue hue which for me made objects look a little darker and made detail tougher to see.
Example... I was looking on top of the far berm (250yds) at some old tree trucks against the bright blue sky. First I looked thru the Sig's looking to see if I could detect detail and at the edges for CA. Then I pulled out the Swaro's and immediately noticed two woodpecker holes that I hadn't even noticed thru the SIg's... once I got the Sigs back on the tripod I could make them out but not distinctly like the Swaro.

I mentioned in the post above that I switched the reticle to the floating crosshair they refer to a Duplex. Since this was a Rimfire shoot I had lots of tiny steel targets to range. That duplex on the Sig was dead nuts perfect and I did discover my Swaro which has a circle that the beam was low and right but still inside the circle.

If anyone has a specific question I will try to answer. I wanted these to be the answer but not sure they are quite good enough glass-wise to make me happy in spite of being the best RF/Ballistic bino's I have used by a wide margin.
The BAD news I had already committed to sell my Swaro's to a friend... The Good News I was one of the first to put a deposit on the New Lecia Geovid Pro's from Doug at Cameraland which by the way is where these Sig's came from.

cheers

Jack O'Connor 1963
Re: Man Sig ain’t playing [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8554798 03/12/22 09:55 PM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Thanks for taking the time to post your observations. I find them very interesting. I've really like the RF functions on the two Sigs I've had/have....the 3000BDX and the 2200BDX. I wound up sending my 3000's back for a couple of reasons, but mainly I couldn't get along with the optics, as you described perfectly IMO. They are virtually identical to the Fury AB's, which I couldn't keep either for the same reason. Since the new units appear to be the same glass (read it now from a couple of different guys) I'll probably have to pass. I mainly hunt with mine, so glassing with them is very important to me. I may try those Geovid Pro's as well.

Re: Man Sig ain’t playing [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8555777 03/14/22 01:18 AM
D
DStroud Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
I took one picture while ranging a target with my old IPhone.
That will give An idea of what it looks like when ranging. [Linked Image]

Jack O'Connor 1963
Re: Man Sig ain’t playing [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8557026 03/15/22 06:41 PM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Saw another review or two and they mirror your's exactly DStroud. I can't understand why a $2000 Chinese built unit can't have any better glass than that. Doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Re: Man Sig ain’t playing [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8557159 03/15/22 09:18 PM
kind of a big deal
OP Online Content
kind of a big deal
Welp, guess Im stuck with hand held Sig and 11x Maven for a little longer

Thanks Dstroud, Very sound review

Re: Man Sig ain’t playing [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8557656 03/16/22 02:39 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
That's a disappointment...I really like my 3000's and was hoping this was the next set. Thanks DS.

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide