Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Recommend a good headlamp [Re: Buzzsaw] #8454559 11/20/21 04:27 PM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
FWIW, look at the Steam light line of head lamps. 423 battery (never seen a plug in the woods) two brightness's, One will blind you its so strong. I was walking next to my buddy looking for his deer in the dark. He had on his REI special (Petzel) . When I turned mine on his disappeared.
VERY good light, great adjustable , strap and will fit in a small backpack pocket.

Which model? Website shows 20+ models.

Re: Recommend a good headlamp [Re: Buzzsaw] #8455552 11/21/21 08:59 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
decoy
Online Content
decoy
FWIW, look at the Steam light line of head lamps. 423 battery (never seen a plug in the woods) two brightness's, One will blind you its so strong. I was walking next to my buddy looking for his deer in the dark. He had on his REI special (Petzel) . When I turned mine on his disappeared.
VERY good light, great adjustable , strap and will fit in a small backpack pocket.

Plenty of plugs in the woods if you are use to being off grid. Non rechargeable speciality batteries are a train wreck in the woods or middle of no where. Go recharge or AA/AAA. My biggest issue with recharging 18650 was the chargers. Felix built in charger is game changer.

Gone down this hole before with stream light and batteries. Great lights up until you no longer have batteries in your center console or pack

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Recommend a good headlamp [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8462891 11/30/21 06:54 PM
T
TLew Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Plenty of plugs in the woods if you are use to being off grid. Non rechargeable speciality batteries are a train wreck in the woods or middle of no where. Go recharge or AA/AAA. My biggest issue with recharging 18650 was the chargers. Felix built in charger is game changer.

Gone down this hole before with stream light and batteries. Great lights up until you no longer have batteries in your center console or pack

Need a spare 18650 charger? I have plenty and would be happy to paint one orange for ya

Re: Recommend a good headlamp [Re: der Teufel] #8463593 12/01/21 03:32 PM
GNTX Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
Originally Posted by der Teufel
Normally I don't associate Harbor Freight and quality. In this case however, I've been pretty pleased with a relatively cheap headlamp I got a few years ago.

Here's their selection page: https://harborfreight.com/search?q=headlamp

The one I've been using is the cheap one for ten bucks. It's not rechargeable. It uses three AAA batteries. In the field it may be easier to just carry extra batteries rather than try to recharge it when it gets too dim. Of course, if you're consistent about recharging that's perhaps not a real problem.

I actually have two. I got one for my hunting buddy to use. They've both worked fine since I got them 3-4 years ago and given no trouble. I'm thinking about upgrading to the 500 lumen model though, just to get more brightness. It is rechargeable.

As I mentioned I usually hesitate to describe items from Harbor Freight as quality but the headlamps I have are working well for me.

I have that one too and it is working fine for me. I also have a nice headlight for my bicycle that came with a head mounted conversion. It runs off of a separate lithium ion pack but man is that sucker bright when on high beam.

Re: Recommend a good headlamp [Re: hollidayHunter] #8464786 Yesterday at 08:42 PM
T
TonyLama Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
I use a rechargeable one from amazon called boruit it has a high/low and red setting. Lasts me all weekend on one charge.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2021 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide