Print Thread
Lake Lavon #8448576 11/14/21 11:42 PM
M
Monster_Raxx Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
M
Where are my Lavon hunters at? Good morning on the lake unless you're a competition caller or skyblaster. I would post pics but the last time i started posting Lavon limits all of the Professional Collin County Waterfowlers lost their mind. It's going to be a great season. Gotta love public land hunting. It requires patience though 😎

Re: Lake Lavon [Re: Monster_Raxx] #8448602 11/15/21 12:10 AM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
No pics, didn’t happen.

Re: Lake Lavon [Re: Monster_Raxx] #8448621 11/15/21 12:37 AM
M
Monster_Raxx Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
M
You were one of the ones whining. Or did you forget you messaged me about GPS coordinates on the photos

Re: Lake Lavon [Re: Monster_Raxx] #8448998 11/15/21 02:31 PM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Monster_Raxx
You were one of the ones whining. Or did you forget you messaged me about GPS coordinates on the photos

I don't remember. But I would not call it whinning, more like educating.

Re: Lake Lavon [Re: Monster_Raxx] #8449012 11/15/21 02:36 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
If a man teaches you that someone can look at your pictures and walk to your duck hole I’d say thanks

Re: Lake Lavon [Re: Monster_Raxx] #8449027 11/15/21 02:44 PM
M
Monster_Raxx Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
M
It's public land. It's not my duck hole. I noticed I didn't get any pics from the sky blasters and competition callers on Lavon. Must have gotten skunked this weekend. Same old story. Lavon Dynasty doesn't want anyone new on the lake. Well i changed that. I helped a number of new hunters out with the honel holes. Good luck to them and hope they get limits

Re: Lake Lavon [Re: ducknbass] #8449037 11/15/21 02:57 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Originally Posted by ducknbass
If a man teaches you that someone can look at your pictures and walk to your duck hole I’d say thanks

Some folks get it and some folks never do...

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Lake Lavon [Re: Monster_Raxx] #8449055 11/15/21 03:07 PM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
I once did an experiment during a slow time of year on here, posting old hunting pictures of mine taken at various North Texas hunting locations and gave everyone a chance to send a pm to guess where they were taken, then provided the results. I even tried to use ones with identifiable backgrounds like boat ramps and such. I think almost no one got any of them right, except maybe for Truscott which is a very unique area visually. I will admit there are a couple out of State locations I have stopped and hunted on hunting road trips where I got the location by stripping EXIF data from pictures people posted online long ago. Though today most phones and social media now strips that data from photos by default. If someone is posting a hunting photo with EXIF data today, they are more likely to be trolling and edited the EXIF to a different location. Guy once sent me a pm with a hunting photo from an area lake asking me if I knew where it was. If I remember I think I was able to tell him where it was within a couple hundred yards, but I know that lake like the back of my hand. So though I give examples of how it can happen, I seldom worry about posting photos myself because if you know where it is from the photo, your already hunting it. And if your working hard enough to figure it out as a new location to hunt and taking the extra time to drive there and verify it, more power to you.

I have been impressed with our forum membership in recent years. There are very few of y'all left that fall for these trolling threads anymore. Usually a thread like this would have to be locked or removed by now.

Re: Lake Lavon [Re: Sniper John] #8449248 11/15/21 05:45 PM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Sniper John
I seldom worry about posting photos myself because if you know where it is from the photo, your already hunting it. And if your working hard enough to figure it out as a new location to hunt and taking the extra time to drive there and verify it, more power to you.

That's my thinking as well. If I really care about it, I will show no background at all, impossibly to know location from pic. But most the time, I will show a little back ground just for a little tease...And if you hunted same spot or scouted it, you might guess the spot and that is fine with me.

Guy once sent me a pm with a hunting photo from an area lake asking me if I knew where it was. If I remember I think I was able to tell him where it was within a couple hundred yards, but I know that lake like the back of my hand.

Yeah that pic I showed full background, I knew you hunted that lake a lot, so I was testing you. roflmao

Re: Lake Lavon [Re: Monster_Raxx] #8449250 11/15/21 05:46 PM
K
kdub Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Op

Say you're a topwater without saying you're a topwater.

Re: Lake Lavon [Re: Guy] #8449348 11/15/21 07:01 PM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
Originally Posted by Guy
I seldom worry about posting photos myself because if you know where it is from the photo, your already hunting it. And if your working hard enough to figure it out as a new location to hunt and taking the extra time to drive there and verify it, more power to you.

That's my thinking as well. If I really care about it, I will show no background at all, impossibly to know location from pic. But most the time, I will show a little back ground just for a little tease...And if you hunted same spot or scouted it, you might guess the spot and that is fine with me.

Guy once sent me a pm with a hunting photo from an area lake asking me if I knew where it was. If I remember I think I was able to tell him where it was within a couple hundred yards, but I know that lake like the back of my hand.

Yeah that pic I showed full background, I knew you hunted that lake a lot, so I was testing you. roflmao

It was too easy.. The profile of the wolf gave it away. Before the lake filled, I would drive my jeep to the top and call coyotes from there.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide