Print Thread
TPW's check for app status portal #8439886 11/05/21 03:54 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Is anybody else having trouble getting into the Check Status portal this morning? I've tried 3 times in the last hour or so to see the Status on my last 3 entry's, that were listed as "Pending 2nd Drawing" on Nov 2nd.

Or are these 2nd drawing Pending App's frozen in the Portal for the next 10 days, until 11/15/2021?? After this years 15 wasted attempts to draw something, anything, nothing will surprise me anymore
with the conversations I've had on the phone with TPW Office Staff about being able to access the Portal in the past, using just my Name, B-Date & Customer #, as I really bigtime don't like having to give out MY SS# to any one, much less to a Governmental Agency, of ANY kind, for any reason. No one I've talked to in Austin can explain the need for any other ID #, except the TPW Customer #....NOT SO
KemoSabe...where's Jay Silvorthorn or mebbe the Lone Ranger & a big HiHo Silver to the rescue when we need'em ?? ....a little 77 year old humor for the kids in the bleacher's still watching Buffalo Bob.

Couple weeks ago I received an Email from TPW showing me winning an E Hog Hunt at Keechi SP , with a Permit # & Hunt dates . Now that Keechi App shows as Pending 2nd drawing status. I haven't
bothered to call Austin to find out what's with that situation and rattle the App Cart anymore than I have already.

Oh well it was fun playing the Lottery game for a while, planning, thinking about winning something, anything ...but not so much anymore...and why I quit applying for everything or anything couple times before. Now this frozen portal access thing this morning has made my day "more pleasant" one more time. Better "Professional" Government Service should be the goal IMO. We ain't there yet.
Ron

Last edited by WileyCoyote; 11/05/21 04:23 PM. Reason: clarity

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

"These are the times that try men's soul's"...Thomas Paine

"Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it" ....Santayana
Re: TPW's check for app status portal [Re: WileyCoyote] #8439895 11/05/21 04:05 PM
E
Erny Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
E
Hey Ron,

I just logged in using my DL # and no problems. Do you still have your kechi creek email with permit number? If so you need to call TPWD.

Re: TPW's check for app status portal [Re: WileyCoyote] #8439931 11/05/21 04:55 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Erny, Thanks for the prompt ...and Yes, I didn't throw it away yet, but it is wadded up more than a little bit...I'm done talking to folks in Austin...it does not get me anywhere it seems like. I just doan't trust'em anymore for anything in TPW. I talked to 3 different women back when I gave a "?" about a particular issue and got 2 I dunno's and no return call from the "I'll call you back" 3rd one. That was then and this is now & time to move on. I've got more than a few other issues to resolve ...like chasin' pre 1900 - to '50's MCM Antiques & High Dollar furniture for the V&V Decor business. We run to Dallas 2-3 times a week to pickup a trailer load, and have credit accounts with 5 Dallas area warehouse's and 6 more locations out of state from a broker on the east coast. We have a shop to feed and the leftovers' go to a local Auction House, or a couple local charity's.

Cost me a grand+ Tuesday to get the dead 140' tall pine tree taken down that the pine beetles killed in a week and was already beginning to drop limbs . If the storm the other day had wind as strong as the weather guesser's said it would ....I could have lost the house...The tree guys who took it down were super and broom swept the shavings and trash up in 2 1/2hours start to finish. PM me if you need a name as they work Anderson & Crockett up to Smith County.
Ron

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

Re: TPW's check for app status portal [Re: WileyCoyote] #8440567 11/06/21 01:12 PM
H
Hunter307 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
H
Working fine for me.

Re: TPW's check for app status portal [Re: WileyCoyote] #8440686 11/06/21 03:34 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
FWIW...I tried to open the Portal last nite about 7Pm 'ish & 10pm'ish. I tried again this morning at 8am, and again just now at 10.05 am. I can get to the front page sign in OK, but when I scroll down to reach the box to click on to see my app Status, the 2nd page is locked up and won't move. I've listed my name, DOB, customer #, my driver's license #, and other info listed as necessary to reach the App's
received page. Monday morning I'll call TPW Austin on the 3 #'s I had used to reach Customer service couple months ago.

We have Family arriving Tuesday for the annual Fall visit at Our House and pending any success in being able to see what my App Status is and able to respond with Permit Payment in a timely
manner in the unlikely event I should get drawn , I most likely will not have time to up date this subject @ THF until later in the week. Given the circumstances on my app's this year, beginning with the initial paperwork that had a Permit # 863187 hand written in at the bottom of the page, and no one in Austin could explain why except to say that it did not belong to me and to ignore it. This year's Lottery has been a giant Cluster from the beginning for me, and never happened like this ever before over the last 25 years of playing the App Lottery game. I just hope that I have not been tagged with some sort of Penalty List...but it seems something like that is what's going on. Hook'em Horns tonite.
Thanks for ya'lls interest.
Ron

Re: TPW's check for app status portal [Re: WileyCoyote] #8441304 11/07/21 12:48 PM
D
decook Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
D
Ron do you have access to another computer? Especially one that you have never used to log in to TPWD's site. Try it if you can.

Press [Linked Image] for an AMERICAN.
Re: TPW's check for app status portal [Re: WileyCoyote] #8441522 11/07/21 04:39 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Great idea! but Unfortunately Not possible...

FWIW I'm planning on calling the TPW HQ # 1-800-792-1112 manana' and see what I can find out. I also have the 3 #'s of the ladies I talked to couple months ago about the Permit # I got hand written at the bottom of the On Line App Page I pulled up on line in lieu of a EMail notice of winning something and was told I dunno twice, and no return call from the message I left for the 3rd person who was recc'd by the previous 2 ladies...except that Permit # does not belong to you. Back then I also was given another # if all else fails for a senior person to talk to. No answer back then at that # either or response to the message I left. Way back in the olden days there was one lady doing the paperwork and matching check's $ amounts to the appropriate newsprint entry slips, to mail back to you when you got drawn...and while not answering every call, called back if you left a message.

At this point I got nuthin' to loose and mebbe - but doubtful - some positive results....who knows I may have been declared Persona Non Grata ...or ... the problem really could be my computer as it is almost as old as I am. But the BH is able to chase 5 or 6 antique furniture merchandise auction houses On Line Auctions in 3 states with no issues.

An Old Sales Mgr I had early on umm 50+ years ago, had a favorite admonition ...if you don't ask for the order you ain't gonna get nuthin just by showing up and being "pretty" in a suit & tie and telling the client nuthin' but BS War Stories. Might even take asking 3 times if you got the guy bamboozled with BS stories. Get In and Get Out ...next client's awaiting.
Ron

Last edited by WileyCoyote; 11/07/21 04:59 PM. Reason: clarity

Re: TPW's check for app status portal [Re: WileyCoyote] #8441595 11/07/21 05:59 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Decook...since writing the last posting...I've been able to access 4 or 5 on line multi page site's. Sooo I'm doubting this is a computer problem but ya never know for sure. I'll follow up with what happens Monday with the phone to TPW's HQ.
Ron

Re: TPW's check for app status portal [Re: WileyCoyote] #8441596 11/07/21 06:00 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Decook...since writing the last posting...I've been able to access 4 or 5 on line multi page site's. Sooo I'm doubting this is a computer problem but ya never know for sure. I'll follow up with what happens Monday with the phone to TPW's HQ.
Ron

Re: TPW's check for app status portal [Re: WileyCoyote] #8442155 11/08/21 04:07 AM
12shotgun Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
Ron, can you use another browser to access TPWD website? If you are using IE or Edge, try using Chrome or Firefox for example, you’ll have to download and install but may be worth a shot. You could also clear your browser’s cache, including history and cookies. Without knowing what browser you are using I don’t have the steps to do it but they all are pretty much the same, somewhere in the Options menu.

Eduardo
Outdoor enthusiast
Re: TPW's check for app status portal [Re: WileyCoyote] #8442538 11/08/21 04:12 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Don't have time, with wife's side of the family coming tomorrow for a gal's run around East Texas trip, to chase people at TPW Austin...but got the same NO 2nd Page showing all the app's I'd applied for and the results....BUTTTT Wait for it ....DA me !! DUH !! I entered the App's Serial Number and WALLAH !!!! they all came up from the one App # I entered, but as per usual the 3 Pending 2nd draw App's are all still Pending 2nd draw. Nuthin new in my world worth thinking about.

IMO,Prolly won't see any change until after the next mid month drawing on NOV 15th...."we'll see,,,, said the blind man" was an ex boss's favorite saying when asked if this or that is this way and NOT That way....the way YOU 'splained it.

The more things get modern techy the more likely I will not be able to find poop. FWIW ... A very very long time ago my 1st real job & introduction to techy stuff was hard wiring main frame inserts for Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co's Rgl'l Accounting Office on Regal Row and "rewriteing" IBM 5081 cards on a key punch machine. My 2nd experience was working for a super sized techy Silicon Valley Cali based outfit out of an office on Stemmons, called Candle Computer's, who specialized in MAIN FRAME APP upgrades, until eventually IBM bought 'em .....longtime after I left.

Ya'll have a great day...mine is off to better one so far than just average.
Ron

Last edited by WileyCoyote; 11/08/21 04:13 PM. Reason: clarity

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide