Congratulations ! up

Re: New Place [Re: Ranch Dawg] #8437949 11/03/21 04:16 PM
L
landsurveyor Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Originally Posted by Ranch Dawg
Congrats sir. You are now living the dream.

up

"A hungry dog hunts best." Lee Trevino

www.prospectlandsurveying.com
Re: New Place [Re: Fltmedic] #8437977 11/03/21 04:42 PM
V
VMike Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
V
Congrats!!!!

I have a deer problem on my hog lease!!!
Re: New Place [Re: Fltmedic] #8438006 11/03/21 05:16 PM
C
colt45-90 Offline
Texas colt45
Texas colt45
C
Originally Posted by Fltmedic
After several years of seeing posts about land ownership it’s finally my turn. We’ve been dreaming of owning something for over a decade and recently started looking last year. We initially looked around Kerr/Gillespie area but found that we were priced out. So we shifter you the western edge of the hill country and looked at Edwards/Real area and found a few places we liked. While viewing places there I came across a place in Val Verde county that sounded amazing on Facebook. One Friday we loaded up and headed out as a family to check out. To be honest on the ride out we were slightly disappointed as we drove towards the area as the landscape was more trans-pecos looking than we would have liked. But once we got closer we saw that it was more picturesque of hill country. Once we parked and drove around and toured the place we fell in love.

The property is 108 acres with a small cabin home on it. Has a carport with storage for UTV and a separate shed for additional storage. Terrain is rolling slightly north, with neighbors at 100+ acres to the south and East. To the north is a 2000+ Acre neighbor. The place checked all boxes with the exception of live water, which is hard to find especially without driving the cost to the point where it’s out of reach. Cabin is 900 Sq ft with two bedrooms, a utility room with a twin bed, full kitchen, restroom, living/dining area which is perfect for our fairly large family. We stayed out there this past weekend for the first time and surprisingly found enough room for all 7 of us to sleep. Best part is the place was furnished so it made it easier to make the first trip. Have to get feeders topped off and move my blinds out to get to the business of hunting.

First time we pulled up Friday evening was an emotional event, that realization of a dream coming true. Here’s a few pics that I snapped more to come as we make more trips out.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

good for you, nice family enjoying the dream, lots of things to get accomplished, one thing on the list would be rain water collection, IF you ever make it to the Austin area, I have 4- 55gal. food grade barrels that you can HAVE, have lids, I used to catch rain water for my garden, to old to do that any more.

hold on Newt, we got a runaway
Re: New Place [Re: Fltmedic] #8438519 11/04/21 01:47 AM
F
Fltmedic Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
F
Thank you all, the property does have a surface water transferring system at the moment with a 500 gallon storage tank that gets filled with totes. We will be connecting to the previous owners well on the neighboring property. Also looking to get another 500-1000 tank just in case well is down we have some water as a backup.

Also plan on getting food plots in after season to supplement feeding. Another thing we are wanting to do in the next couple years is getting a tank(pond) or two dug and potentially getting it stocked for some additional fun. I’m sure we will have other ideas that will pop up that we will consider.

Colt45 if I’m in the area I’ll shoot you a pm prior to so we can take those barrels off your hands. Thank you Sir, we can definitely use them for watering stations throughout the property.

Don't take life so seriously, you'll never make it out alive!
Re: New Place [Re: Fltmedic] #8438527 11/04/21 01:58 AM
F
flintknapper Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Looks like a great place to me. Scattered Live Oaks, nice little cabin. Family should love it.

But I can see that you are badly outnumbered....with all those wonderful little girls. So you might as well plan on building an extra bathroom on the place if you ever hope to use one yourself. wink

Spartans ask not...how many, but where!
Re: New Place [Re: Fltmedic] #8438543 11/04/21 02:12 AM
H
Hirogen Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
H
Outstanding!

Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
Re: New Place [Re: flintknapper] #8438584 11/04/21 03:13 AM
F
Fltmedic Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
F
Originally Posted by flintknapper
Looks like a great place to me. Scattered Live Oaks, nice little cabin. Family should love it.

But I can see that you are badly outnumbered....with all those wonderful little girls. So you might as well plan on building an extra bathroom on the place if you ever hope to use one yourself. wink

Great point!!! roflmao

Don't take life so seriously, you'll never make it out alive!
Re: New Place [Re: Fltmedic] #8438587 11/04/21 03:17 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef

Great point!!! roflmao

He's right! Oh LAWDY that's gonna be a lot of estrogen to deal with in the near future. roflmao cheers

Beautiful family man, exited for yall.

Re: New Place [Re: skinnerback] #8438659 11/04/21 11:09 AM
F
flintknapper Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by skinnerback

Great point!!! roflmao

He's right! Oh LAWDY that's gonna be a lot of estrogen to deal with in the near future. roflmao cheers

Oh believe me....I speak from experience. Daughter's are both a blessing and a curse.

A Blessing just for what they are, the love, devotion and tenderness they bring to a family.

A 'curse' about the time they start driving and bringing boyfriends home.

Then it all levels out again a few years later. Fltmedic is greatly blessed...I am sure he knows.

up

Last edited by flintknapper; 11/04/21 11:12 AM.

Spartans ask not...how many, but where!
Re: New Place [Re: Fltmedic] #8438904 11/04/21 03:02 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Congrats...sounds and looks like a beautiful place.

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: New Place [Re: Fltmedic] #8439283 11/04/21 10:34 PM
T
tailchaser93 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Congrats man that’s a dream I think most Texans have.

Re: New Place [Re: flintknapper] #8439574 11/05/21 03:38 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by skinnerback

Great point!!! roflmao

Oh believe me....I speak from experience. Daughter's are both a blessing and a curse.

A Blessing just for what they are, the love, devotion and tenderness they bring to a family.

A 'curse' about the time they start driving and bringing boyfriends home.

Then it all levels out again a few years later. Fltmedic is greatly blessed...I am sure he knows.

up

Roger that and agree with what you said, have two daughters myself. One 21 and one 7. The 21 yr old used to be as sweet as my 7 yr old. roflmao

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide