Print Thread
Delays This Year on Taxidermy? #8428571 10/24/21 10:30 PM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Have taxidermists caught up from last years mounts?

What are times looking like for this year??

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Delays This Year on Taxidermy? [Re: Buzzsaw] #8428598 10/24/21 10:59 PM
T
Trophy Case Taxidermy Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Some taxidermist are. Some aren’t. We aren’t gonna be caught up. We have enough in shop right now to keep us busy year round. Plan on only taking a third of what we did last year. But I tried turning folks away last year and they refused. Said they didn’t care about wait time. So it is what it is. Like I tell everyone taxidermist I know. And all my former students. Answer your phone. ALWAYS return calls and texts. Even if you know the person on the other end is pissed! Communication is key.

We only use certain supply companies. I won’t make the big companies more rich so I use family owned companies. And they are having supply issues. The good tanneries are behind. And everything is more pricey. And there are a lot places that want to hire folks but nobody wants a job. This all goes into being slower. And some taxis spend more time on one mount than some do in 20.
Just be patient with your taxi. As long as they are communicating with you when you attempt to call or text then don’t worry. You will get your stuff back. We verbally tell you the APPROX turn around time and we write it on your invoice. And I can’t pay my bills if I don’t get you your mount back.

I’m always gonna be 12-18 months out. Unless I can hire a competent taxi to work along side me. But I’m to picky. So yeah. There’s that. Ha

Sorry fir rambling Once I get started it’s hard fir me to stop.

KT

Last edited by Trophy Case Taxidermy; 10/24/21 11:00 PM.
Re: Delays This Year on Taxidermy? [Re: Buzzsaw] #8428617 10/24/21 11:11 PM
T
Trophy Case Taxidermy Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Her I go again. Lol. Some people want a fast cheap mount and don’t care what it looks like . Some want the very best mount they can get and don’t care about price or wait time. Neither is wrong. I’m average speed taxi. I can mount 20 deer a month. If nothing goes wrong. Covid. November and December are busier with drop offs. So say ten mounted each of those months. So that’s approx 220 head a single taxi can take in and keep a year turn around. We took in over 400 last year. Again I’m just rambling

KT

Re: Delays This Year on Taxidermy? [Re: Trophy Case Taxidermy] #8429085 10/25/21 01:45 PM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Trophy Case Taxidermy
Some taxidermist are. Some aren’t. We aren’t gonna be caught up. We have enough in shop right now to keep us busy year round. Plan on only taking a third of what we did last year. But I tried turning folks away last year and they refused. Said they didn’t care about wait time. So it is what it is. Like I tell everyone taxidermist I know. And all my former students. Answer your phone. ALWAYS return calls and texts. Even if you know the person on the other end is pissed! Communication is key.

We only use certain supply companies. I won’t make the big companies more rich so I use family owned companies. And they are having supply issues. The good tanneries are behind. And everything is more pricey. And there are a lot places that want to hire folks but nobody wants a job. This all goes into being slower. And some taxis spend more time on one mount than some do in 20.
Just be patient with your taxi. As long as they are communicating with you when you attempt to call or text then don’t worry. You will get your stuff back. We verbally tell you the APPROX turn around time and we write it on your invoice. And I can’t pay my bills if I don’t get you your mount back.

I’m always gonna be 12-18 months out. Unless I can hire a competent taxi to work along side me. But I’m to picky. So yeah. There’s that. Ha

Sorry fir rambling Once I get started it’s hard fir me to stop.

KT

Great post. I can speak for Trophy Case, He has done several mounts for me and all have been perfect, great choice.

SPACE FOR RENT

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide