I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
Originally Posted by Hudbone
Oh no, the honeymoon is over.

Hell, I have no clue why they can score in the first half and not in the second. This falls directly on Sark. He need to figure it out.

um...........because he and his staff are getting their azzez handed to them by the opposing coaching staff with in game adjustments. Pretty simple I'd say.

Look, I'm gonna try and break this to you without sounding like a complete jerk but I'm sure I will anyway.
Before coming to UT Sarkisian was 46-35 overall at Washington & USC combined for a 56.8% winning percentage. At USC (his last HC job) he was 9-4 his first year with the team he inherited and then the next year there he went 3-2 before they fired him. I just cannot see why all the diehard UT folks think he is the next Darryl Royal or Mack Brown. It takes more than coaching under Nick Saban or even being a very good coordinator to be a great head coach.

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: Jgraider] #8425380 10/21/21 02:13 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by Jgraider
If they never score, you will never lose. Defense wins.

And this is what people just cannot get through their heads.
Great defenses are what win titles, NOT offenses.
Sure AL has had some great offenses in these last few years but at the end of the day they had defenses that shut most people down and were great enough to show up some opposing team's great offenses!

I'm not saying that you don't have to have a good offense because you do and you also have to have solid special teams play but the bottom line is that the truly top end teams that win big and do it consistently do it because they have outstanding defenses.

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8425426 10/21/21 03:11 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS

Sure AL has had some great offenses in these last few years but at the end of the day they had defenses that shut most people down and were great enough to show up some opposing team's great offenses!

I'm not saying that you don't have to have a good offense because you do and you also have to have solid special teams play but the bottom line is that the truly top end teams that win big and do it consistently do it because they have outstanding defenses.

You should watch the games.... got to dig deeper. Look for the cause and not the symptom. Everyone including Stark will tell you it's on that offense

Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: S.A. hunter] #8425463 10/21/21 03:43 PM
J
Jgraider Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Well, Sark is an idiot, and so are those who think UT's problems are anywhere other than Sark & Co, and the defense. It really is very simple, and ILUV pointed all of this out very well, and easily understood. You can think what ever you want, but that doesn't equate to the truth of the matter. If offense wins championships, Tech would've kicked the crap out of 80% of their opponents under Kingsbury.

Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: S.A. hunter] #8425469 10/21/21 03:47 PM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I’m gonna go out on a limb and predict TU does not lose this weekend. wink

Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: Jgraider] #8425474 10/21/21 03:53 PM
S
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Well, Sark is an idiot, and so are those who think UT's problems are anywhere other than Sark & Co, and the defense. It really is very simple, and ILUV pointed all of this out very well, and easily understood. You can think what ever you want, but that doesn't equate to the truth of the matter. If offense wins championships, Tech would've kicked the crap out of 80% of their opponents under Kingsbury.

Sorry guys yall just don't know what's going on..... I would suggest actually watching the games.

Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: S.A. hunter] #8425575 10/21/21 05:36 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I

You should watch the games.... got to dig deeper. Look for the cause and not the symptom. Everyone including Stark will tell you it's on that offense

Is this a serious comment???

I've watched every play of every UT game along with probably about 50-60 other college games this year. roflmao roflmao roflmao

What part of losing when you score 48 points is it that you don't understand?
What part of missing tackle after tackle in the 2nd half of games is it that you don't understand??

The absolute only part of UT's offense that needs work is the O-line. The QB play has been above average as has the WR & TE play. The RB play has been outstanding to say the least.

The bad O-line play and the 3 & outs definitely does not help any defense but if Sark is blaming the offense for the 2nd halves of the OU and Ok St game then........as an a&m fan I am happy with your HC selection!

Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8425592 10/21/21 06:02 PM
S
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

Is this a serious comment???

I've watched every play of every UT game along with probably about 50-60 other college games this year. roflmao roflmao roflmao

What part of losing when you score 48 points is it that you don't understand?
What part of missing tackle after tackle in the 2nd half of games is it that you don't understand??

The absolute only part of UT's offense that needs work is the O-line. The QB play has been above average as has the WR & TE play. The RB play has been outstanding to say the least.

The bad O-line play and the 3 & outs definitely does not help any defense but if Sark is blaming the offense for the 2nd halves of the OU and Ok St game then........as an a&m fan I am happy with your HC selection!

Lol, one would think you would know a little more then you do about football....

Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: S.A. hunter] #8425604 10/21/21 06:19 PM
J
Jgraider Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
ILUV, when a guy is as clueless as SA, that's the response you're gonna get, which is clueless and idiotic in itself. Like you, I've watched the games, or at least 90% of them. Helen Keller could see what's happening, SA cannot.

Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: Jgraider] #8425608 10/21/21 06:24 PM
S
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
ILUV, when a guy is as clueless as SA, that's the response you're gonna get, which is clueless and idiotic in itself. Like you, I've watched the games, or at least 90% of them. Helen Keller could see what's happening, SA cannot.

Yeah, me and everyone else that really follows Texas Football........

Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: S.A. hunter] #8425615 10/21/21 06:27 PM
J
Jgraider Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
What's even more clueless is that you are suggesting UT football is different than the rest of college football. It doesn't matter what uniform you wear, if your defense sucks, and your HC and staff suck, your team will suck. That definition has UT"s picture by it.

Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: Jgraider] #8425617 10/21/21 06:29 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I

roflmao roflmao

I hope to watch some more games this coming week and try and pay better attention to them so that I can learn more about football.
Maybe I will order a book to read up on the game?? Football 101 may be where I need to start I guess.

grin

Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: Jgraider] #8425618 10/21/21 06:30 PM
S
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
What's even more clueless is that you are suggesting UT football is different than the rest of college football. It doesn't matter what uniform you wear, if your defense sucks, and your HC and staff suck, your team will suck. That definition has UT"s picture by it.

Lol, bro why do you care so much?

Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: S.A. hunter] #8425621 10/21/21 06:32 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
If only the offense could score 60!

Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8425622 10/21/21 06:32 PM
S
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

roflmao roflmao

I hope to watch some more games this coming week and try and pay better attention to them so that I can learn more about football.
Maybe I will order a book to read up on the game?? Football 101 may be where I need to start I guess.

grin

It would probably be helpful in your case. up

Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: S.A. hunter] #8425623 10/21/21 06:33 PM
J
Jgraider Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J

Low hanging fruit.....doesn't require much effort to prove what a clownshow you are.

Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: Jgraider] #8425625 10/21/21 06:34 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I

Washington
09' 5-7
10' 7-6
11' 7-6
12' 7-6
13' 8-4

USC
14' 9-4
15' 3-2 (Fired)

Texas
4-3

2014 was a great year.... with a team he didn't put together or build!

Looks like $6m/year well spent.

And yet I heard from multiple UT fans how stupid A&M was to pay Jimbo $9m/year. grin

Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: S.A. hunter] #8425628 10/21/21 06:36 PM
H
Hudbone Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
but TU fans have proven to be patient

Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: S.A. hunter] #8425629 10/21/21 06:36 PM
J
Jgraider Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J

roflmao roflmao

grin

It would probably be helpful in your case. up

No kidding ILUV. Let's pull our heads out of our collective assses this week and learn something! You know you're right when SA's attempts to refute are so shallow, such as:

You don't know Texas football
Why are you mad
Why do you care
etc, etc, etc.

Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8425631 10/21/21 06:38 PM
J
Jgraider Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J

Washington
09' 5-7
10' 7-6
11' 7-6
12' 7-6
13' 8-4

USC
14' 9-4
15' 3-2 (Fired)

Texas
4-3

2014 was a great year.... with a team he didn't put together or build!

Looks like $6m/year well spent.

And yet I heard from multiple UT fans how stupid A&M was to pay Jimbo $9m/year. grin

Right again, and he's been told that before. Sark's probably drunk most of the time off the football field anyway, and it shows in his HC coaching ability.

Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: Jgraider] #8425632 10/21/21 06:39 PM
S
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

Low hanging fruit.....doesn't require much effort to prove what a clownshow you are.

Man you seem very sour, I hope thing get better for you...

Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: Hudbone] #8425635 10/21/21 06:41 PM
S
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

Finally a true statement!

Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: S.A. hunter] #8425643 10/21/21 07:02 PM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Patient?
How many Head coaches in the last 6 years?

Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: 68rustbucket] #8425648 10/21/21 07:09 PM
S
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by 68rustbucket

Patient?
How many Head coaches in the last 6 years?

And we are still here. texas

Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: S.A. hunter] #8425668 10/21/21 07:27 PM
H
Hudbone Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
patience and acceptance are actually quite different

Page 128 of 262 1 2 126 127 128 129 130 261 262
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread