Page 127 of 263 1 2 125 126 127 128 129 262 263
Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: Longhorn74] #8422291 10/18/21 03:15 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by Longhorn74
Yep, some day Texas will figure out they have to have a defense to go along with a great offense. Usually when a team scores 48 points and leads by 21 going into the 4th quarter they win!! But then there UT’s inept defense! We better find a defense before UT hits the SEC!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You are exactly right. I said it from the start of the year that UT's issue is not offense, it is defense and it reared it's ugly head again in the 2nd half. UT cannot stop the run in the 2nd half.

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8422300 10/18/21 03:22 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
What happen with that roughing the passer? Was it a good call?

He drove him to the ground. Iffy call, but I'll take it.

I don't like this stupid rule but make no mistake about it, that was the right call by the book.
I thought the game was actually very well officiated overall.

Congrats to the Cowboys on a well played defensive ball game.

No, the officiating sucked, But it sucks on both sides.....

Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: cbump] #8422301 10/18/21 03:22 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by cbump
Arkansas, OU, and Ok State > Baylor, ISU, and especially KSU and WVU. Why the f do you even post here or on the cfb thread? All you do is start [censored] and argue. Every post.

I think you are right except for both Baylor and Iowa st.
Byalor gave OSU a very good game in Stillwater and just spanked the chit out of a solid BYU team in Waco.
Texas will have to play better than they did this past week to beat the Bears in Waco next week.

I think Iowa St is pretty solid as well. Their only 2 losses were by 10 to Iowa and 2 to Baylor in Waco. They beat K St by 13 this past week in Manhattan.

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: S.A. hunter] #8422307 10/18/21 03:25 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
What happen with that roughing the passer? Was it a good call?

He drove him to the ground. Iffy call, but I'll take it.

I don't like this stupid rule but make no mistake about it, that was the right call by the book.
I thought the game was actually very well officiated overall.

Congrats to the Cowboys on a well played defensive ball game.

No, the officiating sucked, But it sucks on both sides.....

I never said it was the greatest but I didn't see one really bad call in this game.
I don't think that the stripes affected the game in any way whatsoever so in the end I call that good enough nowadays.

If they change the rules any more then we can just take the pads completely off of everyone and give em 2 or 3 flags to strap on instead!
All the new rules about targeting and 'defenseless players' horsechit have all but ruined the game.

Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: S.A. hunter] #8422315 10/18/21 03:30 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Thank you for making my point. I'm out guys, this thread smells of loosing and desperation.

Lol, oh no dont leave.... please come back..... .. .

I'm just saying that's not shutting a running back down.

He did have a pretty good game for UT but the bottom line is when the game was on the line, he and the entire UT offense got shut down and the defense fell apart.
Sark better start earning his $6m+/year salary and get them toughened up for 4 quarters of football, not 3! That is 2 games in a row UT completely got man handled in the 4th quarters.

Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: ducknbass] #8422318 10/18/21 03:33 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by ducknbass
Off topic

But I look forward to watching okie state and ou. Keep those teams healthy and one of them is going to the play offs

I can see them playing one another in the big12 title game and if loser of the 1st game wins that one, neither is likely to get in to the playoff!
So, for the big 12 to have a rep this year I think they will most likely have to have a clean record.

Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: therancher] #8422334 10/18/21 03:37 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by therancher
Originally Posted by therancher
Originally Posted by cbump
Arkansas, OU, and Ok State > Baylor, ISU, and especially KSU and WVU. Why the f do you even post here or on the cfb thread? All you do is start [censored] and argue. Every post.

Because I’m here for you bump. And sa and rt. And I’ll bet the leghorns lose at least 2 more games. But the point isn’t how many they lose, it’s how many are “tough games”. You know, like you said.

Why do you get so pissy and start name calling when someone challenges something you say? Were you an only child or something? Relax, it’s just football talk.

Lol you forgot to post what you posted prior to his post.... or was that on purpose?

Also that is rich coming from you....

Make no mistake, you’ve never seen me START name calling. You’ve only seen me do that after someone else did. I only do it in response, he didn’t in his previous post so I didn’t. Pretty simple.

You big ol' meanie weanie

roflmao

Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8422372 10/18/21 04:12 PM
S
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Thank you for making my point. I'm out guys, this thread smells of loosing and desperation.

Lol, oh no dont leave.... please come back..... .. .

I'm just saying that's not shutting a running back down.

He did have a pretty good game for UT but the bottom line is when the game was on the line, he and the entire UT offense got shut down and the defense fell apart.
Sark better start earning his $6m+/year salary and get them toughened up for 4 quarters of football, not 3! That is 2 games in a row UT completely got man handled in the 4th quarters.

100% its all on sark right now. The O can't perform in the second half. Maybe all this all gas no brakes mantra is it the best for the offense....... I dont know..... you can't go for 12 yards in your last six possessions of a game I think your defense is going to bail you out somehow.

Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: S.A. hunter] #8422395 10/18/21 04:34 PM
S
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Lol, another 11am game. .....

Thank god we aren't going.

Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: S.A. hunter] #8422458 10/18/21 05:35 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I

100% its all on sark right now. The O can't perform in the second half. Maybe all this all gas no brakes mantra is it the best for the offense....... I dont know..... you can't go for 12 yards in your last six possessions of a game I think your defense is going to bail you out somehow.

Absolutely no doubt about this whatsoever.
Especially when the D is struggling badly against the run

Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8423085 10/19/21 02:14 AM
S
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

Absolutely no doubt about this whatsoever.
Especially when the D is struggling badly against the run

The son, and wife were both screaming about the D as we walked out the game.... the D isn't great, but its definitely not the problem.

Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: S.A. hunter] #8423096 10/19/21 02:22 AM
J
Jgraider Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J

The son, and wife were both screaming about the D as we walked out the game.... the D isn't great, but its definitely not the problem.

Let's see.....UT is 102nd out of 130 teams who play DI football, and you're saying your defense "definitely is not the problem"? Seriously?

Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: S.A. hunter] #8423114 10/19/21 02:32 AM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
The defense has been a problem for years. Out of place or piss poor tackling every game. Offense can't win every game for them...as the last 2 games has proven.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: Jgraider] #8423155 10/19/21 03:13 AM
S
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Jgraider

Let's see.....UT is 102nd out of 130 teams who play DI football, and you're saying your defense "definitely is not the problem"? Seriously?

Yes seriously..... its a symptom. To say its the defense is shortsighted....

Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8423370 10/19/21 01:31 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

Because I’m here for you bump. And sa and rt. And I’ll bet the leghorns lose at least 2 more games. But the point isn’t how many they lose, it’s how many are “tough games”. You know, like you said.

Why do you get so pissy and start name calling when someone challenges something you say? Were you an only child or something? Relax, it’s just football talk. [/quote]

Lol you forgot to post what you posted prior to his post.... or was that on purpose?

Also that is rich coming from you....[/quote]

Make no mistake, you’ve never seen me START name calling. You’ve only seen me do that after someone else did. I only do it in response, he didn’t in his previous post so I didn’t. Pretty simple.[/quote]
You big ol' meanie weanie

roflmao[/quote]

It’s a dirty job, but I like it fine.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: S.A. hunter] #8423421 10/19/21 02:14 PM
S
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
An interesting idea I've heard for the offensive woes in the second half..... is that the first 20 plays are scripted, and are executed very well by Casey, but when he goes off script he struggles mightily. I thought maybe the offense goes out to fast and then gases them self out, but thinking about this new explanation makes a lot of sense....... the QB position could be up for grabs again......

Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: S.A. hunter] #8423448 10/19/21 02:38 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Oh no, the honeymoon is over.

Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: S.A. hunter] #8423666 10/19/21 06:50 PM
J
Jgraider Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J

Seriously, when you give up 30 pts per game you're going to get your asss kicked, period.

Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: Jgraider] #8423705 10/19/21 07:34 PM
S
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

Seriously, when you give up 30 pts per game you're going to get your asss kicked, period.

Complimentary football, as bill would say look it up

Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: Hudbone] #8423706 10/19/21 07:36 PM
S
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Hudbone
Oh no, the honeymoon is over.

Hell, I have no clue why they can score in the first half and not in the second. This falls directly on Sark. He need to figure it out.

Last edited by S.A. hunter; 10/19/21 07:36 PM.
Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: S.A. hunter] #8423888 10/19/21 11:37 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
S.A. I'll give you that the O has sucked in 2nd halves of last two games but the D has pretty much sucked all year and the last 5 years or so actually.

Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: DQ Kid] #8423936 10/20/21 12:33 AM
S
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by DQ Kid
S.A. I'll give you that the O has sucked in 2nd halves of last two games but the D has pretty much sucked all year and the last 5 years or so actually.

The last three games, second half of TCU they scored 10, OU they scored 10, and OSU 7.

Anyone that follows UT would admit the D isn't great, but they are not responsible for the losses.

Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: S.A. hunter] #8423994 10/20/21 01:19 AM
J
Jgraider Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
If they never score, you will never lose. Defense wins.

Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: S.A. hunter] #8425359 10/21/21 01:55 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
An interesting idea I've heard for the offensive woes in the second half..... is that the first 20 plays are scripted, and are executed very well by Casey, but when he goes off script he struggles mightily. I thought maybe the offense goes out to fast and then gases them self out, but thinking about this new explanation makes a lot of sense....... the QB position could be up for grabs again......

The BIGGEST problem I see with the UT offense has NOTHING to do with your QB.
It has to do with an offensive line that absolutely gets confused any time the defense across from them mixes it up and this includes simple d-line shifts (whether they are 3 man or 4 man fronts) with stunting, and blitz packages.

Again, UT's problem is NOT offensive. UT is averaging 41.6 ppg. You put up 48 in a loss to OU! The lowest output was 21 against Arkansas and again I will point to your offensive line in that game and what I mentioned about which is clearly visible the entire game.
The UT D is allowing almost 30ppg and gave up 35 to a Tech team who's offense is not that great this year and is only averaging 2 ppg more than that. Take a look at the rest of TT's opponents so far this year. They only scored 6 points more against Kansas than they did UT!

Re: Longhorn Lounge. [Re: Jgraider] #8425363 10/21/21 01:57 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I

Exactly right
30ppg would be alright if that average was against really, really top end teams with great offenses. This is NOT the case with UT's schedule thus far.
Further more, the UT defense has looked pretty good in most games this year early in the game (1st half).. Then, the 2nd half comes and especially the 4th quarter and they literally cannot tackle to save their lives.

Page 127 of 263 1 2 125 126 127 128 129 262 263
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide