Page 1 of 2 1 2
Capital Grill - Plano #8412619 10/10/21 01:02 PM
B
BigPig Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Wife and I had a kid free night, so we hit up Scheels and then went to Capital Grill at the Parks at Legacy. Restaurant was nice inside, modern but not in your face over the top modern. Plenty of animals on the walls to remind you this is Texas.

After being seated, we ordered a bottle of Cabernet, believe it was Justin winery, regardless it was one of the better bottles I’ve had lately.

I started with the raw oysters, they were Blue Point’s from Connecticut. Flavor and texture was good, I actually prefer oysters from the Texas/Louisiana gulf, but these were fine. The horseradish they brought out had the be the strongest I’ve ever had, that first bite on a cracker opened my sinuses.

Wife had the crab cakes, I assume they were good as I didn’t get any.

Main course for the wife was the tenderloin & lobster tail. 2 4oz tenderloins each with 4oz lobster tail on top, some kind of cream sauce. The lobster was excellent, easily the best lobster I’ve ever had and that after eating lobster everyday for a week in Maine.

I had the 22oz bone in rib-eye. Let me tell you, this steak was out of this world good. Not over seasoned at all. Cooked rare, but a little hotter than I preferred, but holy cow that meat was full of flavor. The rendered fat stole the show. I think I managed to eat 8-10 ounces of it, but the rest of it, along with 1 tenderloin and 1 lobster tail is going in egg tacos today for breakfast.

A side of asparagus, lightly seasoned, perfectly cooked, delicious.

Desert was surprisingly good too. We wanted chocolate, but all they had was flourless chocolate cake barf We opted for the cheesecake with fresh berries. Not expecting a lot here, but we were shocked with the freshness of the berries, the flavor and texture of the cheesecake was spot on. The best part of it though was the top, they had a brûlée finish which was amazing. That sweetness paired with the tart of the cheesecake was exceptional.

All in all, I think Capital Grill has now taken the top spot for my go-to steak house. I’ve long been a Del Frisco’s fan, but after the last dinner there, I wasn’t overly impressed, but that was the first dinner after DF’s was bought by the Landry Group that we had from them.

Re: Capital Grill - Plano [Re: BigPig] #8412680 10/10/21 01:40 PM
L
LonestarCobra Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Sounds excellent, I will have to try it. I was disappointed to hear Landry’s bought Del’s, we haven’t made a trip there since that happened, and plan to go next month, so we shall see.

Flourless Chocolate Cake? Weirdos!

Re: Capital Grill - Plano [Re: BigPig] #8412752 10/10/21 02:19 PM
B
Biscuit Online Shocked
THF Celebrity
Online Shocked
THF Celebrity
B
Good report, thanks for sharing

Re: Capital Grill - Plano [Re: BigPig] #8412974 10/10/21 05:44 PM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Are there any other locations outside the metro mess?

Re: Capital Grill - Plano [Re: BigPig] #8413041 10/10/21 06:34 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
The fort worth location is nice.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Capital Grill - Plano [Re: BigPig] #8413489 10/11/21 02:05 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Should have been more specific, central Texas? I looked it up, there’s a location in Austin. Was hoping for one in San Antonio.

Re: Capital Grill - Plano [Re: BigPig] #8422377 10/18/21 04:15 PM
K
kdub Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
It is good. We always make sure to get calamari and lobster mac.

Re: Capital Grill - Plano [Re: BigPig] #8422389 10/18/21 04:25 PM
H
HuntnFly67 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Have eaten at Austin and FW. Enjoyed both.

My last visit at Austin they over-cooked my med-rare ribeye (I think I got someone's well/medium well by mistake). I NEVER send food back, but the server asked me to check and before I could say anything he was apologizing and very assertive about bringing me what I ordered. I think he knew the kitchen gave him the wrong steak. Either way, the manager was by our side the rest of the evening and service is always over the top wonderful.

When in Fort Worth, I am sticking with DF, but I will give Capital the edge elsewhere.

Last edited by HuntnFly67; 10/18/21 04:25 PM.
Re: Capital Grill - Plano [Re: BigPig] #8422652 10/18/21 08:24 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Capital Grill is pretty consistent. D.C location might be best steak I ever had.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Capital Grill - Plano [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8424165 10/20/21 03:38 AM
B
BigPig Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Capital Grill is pretty consistent. D.C location might be best steak I ever had.

Hopefully that holds true. Made reservations for the Nashville location in January.

Re: Capital Grill - Plano [Re: BigPig] #8451381 11/17/21 04:35 PM
S
Safety1st Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
Perry's Steakhouse in Frisco, TX best steak in D/FW in my opinion.

To thine own self be true
Re: Capital Grill - Plano [Re: BigPig] #8481235 12/20/21 11:21 AM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by BigPig
Wife and I had a kid free night, so we hit up Scheels and then went to Capital Grill at the Parks at Legacy. Restaurant was nice inside, modern but not in your face over the top modern. Plenty of animals on the walls to remind you this is Texas.

After being seated, we ordered a bottle of Cabernet, believe it was Justin winery, regardless it was one of the better bottles I’ve had lately.

I started with the raw oysters, they were Blue Point’s from Connecticut. Flavor and texture was good, I actually prefer oysters from the Texas/Louisiana gulf, but these were fine. The horseradish they brought out had the be the strongest I’ve ever had, that first bite on a cracker opened my sinuses.

Main course for the wife was the tenderloin & lobster tail. 2 4oz tenderloins each with 4oz lobster tail on top, some kind of cream sauce. The lobster was excellent, easily the best lobster I’ve ever had and that after eating lobster everyday for a week in Maine.

I had the 22oz bone in rib-eye. Let me tell you, this steak was out of this world good. Not over seasoned at all. Cooked rare, but a little hotter than I preferred, but holy cow that meat was full of flavor. The rendered fat stole the show. I think I managed to eat 8-10 ounces of it, but the rest of it, along with 1 tenderloin and 1 lobster tail is going in egg tacos today for breakfast.

Desert was surprisingly good too. We wanted chocolate, but all they had was flourless chocolate cake barf We opted for the cheesecake with fresh berries. Not expecting a lot here, but we were shocked with the freshness of the berries, the flavor and texture of the cheesecake was spot on. The best part of it though was the top, they had a brûlée finish which was amazing. That sweetness paired with the tart of the cheesecake was exceptional.

All in all, I think Capital Grill has now taken the top spot for my go-to steak house. I’ve long been a Del Frisco’s fan, but after the last dinner there, I wasn’t overly impressed, but that was the first dinner after DF’s was bought by the Landry Group that we had from them.

Going this week to give it a try, sounds pretty good

Re: Capital Grill - Plano [Re: BigPig] #8481371 12/20/21 01:49 PM
L
LonestarCobra Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L

I’ve long been a Del Frisco’s fan, but after the last dinner there, I wasn’t overly impressed, but that was the first dinner after DF’s was bought by the Landry Group that we had from them.

We had Del's Thursday, same results. Not bad, just every aspect of the meal was not at the level we have seen in the past. No meal is not complete without dessert, and they took the Creme Brulee, Chocolate Cake and Lemon Cake off the menu, dam them! I will be trying Capitol Grill and/or Bob's next.

Re: Capital Grill - Plano [Re: BigPig] #8484600 12/23/21 11:13 AM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Capital Grill in Plano Legacy West, last night was out of horse radish sauce, I passed on the oysters, I had 2 old fashioned and one signature margarita and had some crab cakes and seared tuna and was full so headed out.

Will go back next week and try it again, I will get the 20 oz ribeye. Pretty cool relaxing restaurant and would give it 2 thumbs up.

They have an appetizer for $115 that is all seafood, I will get that one day to try out, looks interesting it would easily feed 2.

Re: Capital Grill - Plano [Re: BigPig] #8487414 12/27/21 01:10 AM
cbump Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Seems expensive to take half your meal and throw in tacos.

Re: Capital Grill - Plano [Re: LonestarCobra] #8487423 12/27/21 01:17 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by LonestarCobra

I’ve long been a Del Frisco’s fan, but after the last dinner there, I wasn’t overly impressed, but that was the first dinner after DF’s was bought by the Landry Group that we had from them.

We had Del's Thursday, same results. Not bad, just every aspect of the meal was not at the level we have seen in the past. No meal is not complete without dessert, and they took the Creme Brulee, Chocolate Cake and Lemon Cake off the menu, dam them! I will be trying Capitol Grill and/or Bob's next.

Toss out Bob’s and go to Town Hearth

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Capital Grill - Plano [Re: BigPig] #8487431 12/27/21 01:25 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Love to hear it. Consistency is what matters. I’ve never been disappointed at any CG location.

Need to try town hearth(bacon app is awesome) and old Warsaw . Both have great steaks and sides

Re: Capital Grill - Plano [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8491122 12/31/21 01:26 AM
B
BigPig Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Love to hear it. Consistency is what matters. I’ve never been disappointed at any CG location.

Need to try town hearth(bacon app is awesome) and old Warsaw . Both have great steaks and sides

Yes, I always forget about Tow Hearth. Never hear anything good about Old Warsaw

Re: Capital Grill - Plano [Re: BigPig] #8499588 01/10/22 12:12 AM
cbump Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Headed to the Fort Worth one tonight.

Re: Capital Grill - Plano [Re: BigPig] #8499703 01/10/22 02:00 AM
4Weight Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Love CG. Pappa’s is still our fav. Heard good things on Town Hearth. Please let us know your thoughts.

Re: Capital Grill - Plano [Re: BigPig] #8499791 01/10/22 03:17 AM
cbump Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Oh. My gawd.

Re: Capital Grill - Plano [Re: cbump] #8501604 01/12/22 01:59 AM
B
BigPig Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by cbump
Oh. My gawd.

I take it that you liked it?

Re: Capital Grill - Plano [Re: BigPig] #8503706 01/14/22 04:41 PM
cbump Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
It was insanely good.

Re: Capital Grill - Plano [Re: cbump] #8503752 01/14/22 05:36 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by cbump
It was insanely good.

What did y’all order?

Re: Capital Grill - Plano [Re: BigPig] #8504031 01/14/22 11:03 PM
cbump Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
We had the cherry wood double cut smoked bacon appetizer, seared tenderloin with lobster, dry aged tomahawk veal chop, lobster Mac and cheese, and Brussels sprouts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide