Print Thread
When everything goes green energy.... #8421805 10/18/21 02:23 AM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
When everything goes green energy (wind and solar) and fossil fuels are banned how exactly are we going make all these “other” products made from crude oil and coal?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: When everything goes green energy.... [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8421808 10/18/21 02:27 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Well that's simple. It will be fueled with unicorn farts and fairy dust and don't you dare question it.

Re: When everything goes green energy.... [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8421823 10/18/21 02:45 AM
Greg Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Last winter proved we don’t have enough energy here now. And not like I care what happens in CA, but they have constant brown outs. How the heck are we supposed to charge the batteries on these electric cars they intend on having? It’s just stupid.

Re: When everything goes green energy.... [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8421826 10/18/21 02:48 AM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
china will make them. They are not held to American standards. Actually they create America standards in their favor. There is currently coal plants going up in china while we are being choked out.

[Linked Image]
Re: When everything goes green energy.... [Re: Greg] #8421828 10/18/21 02:50 AM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by Greg
Last winter proved we don’t have enough energy here now. And not like I care what happens in CA, but they have constant brown outs. How the heck are we supposed to charge the batteries on these electric cars they intend on having? It’s just stupid.
ITS ALL ORCHESTRATED.....

[Linked Image]
Re: When everything goes green energy.... [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8421842 10/18/21 03:09 AM
D
DannyB Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Check this out: "U.S. power plants are on course to burn 23% more coal this year, the first increase since 2013"

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/us-coal-booms-under-biden-unlike-trump

Re: When everything goes green energy.... [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8421845 10/18/21 03:12 AM
CharlieCTx Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Banning fossil fuel, does not mean banning all petroleum-based products.

Charlie

Kel-Tec RFB + Griffin Sportsman Ultra Light 300 + Pulsar Apex XQ-50
M&P-10 + AAC Cyclone
Remy 700 + Leupold VX3 3.5x10x50 CDS
Re: When everything goes green energy.... [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8421855 10/18/21 03:33 AM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
guess we'll just be naked, ugly and sit inside all day with no electricity...

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: When everything goes green energy.... [Re: TCM3] #8421866 10/18/21 04:01 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Originally Posted by TCM3

If you shake it twice that is considered playing with it. They may monitor that FYI

[Linked Image]
Re: When everything goes green energy.... [Re: Bee'z] #8421869 10/18/21 04:09 AM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by 2Beez

If you shake it twice that is considered playing with it. They may monitor that FYI

roflmao

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
(R-TX)
Re: When everything goes green energy.... [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8421883 10/18/21 04:39 AM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
When everything goes green energy (wind and solar) and fossil fuels are banned how exactly are we going make all these “other” products made from crude oil and coal?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Think up some original content and then try again. Most all here know where that stuff comes from. I work in it often. But if you are seeking a bro love fest I certainly agree with the statement.

To be determined
Re: When everything goes green energy.... [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8421893 10/18/21 04:56 AM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
popcorn

(R-TX)
Re: When everything goes green energy.... [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8421896 10/18/21 05:01 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Think up some original content and then try again. Most all here know where that stuff comes from. I work in it often. But if you are seeking a bro love fest I certainly agree with the statement.

Wait... What????

[Linked Image]
Re: When everything goes green energy.... [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8421922 10/18/21 10:53 AM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I do work in the industry. And many people don’t know what all comes from fossil fuels. I was pointing out the lunacy of the people that want to ban fossil fuels and rely completely on “green” energy. Like anything they touch, they “F” it up.

Not sure what’s your point about “original content” or a “bro love fest” are but feel free to PM me to explain your thoughts to me.

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: When everything goes green energy.... [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8422037 10/18/21 12:12 PM
O
Old Rabbit Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
O
Had some tests done in the hospital last week. While I was laying in the hospital bed, I looked around at all of the stuff that was made from OIL.
IV Bag
IV Tubing
Stretch Bandage
Case on Heart Monitor
Case on Video Scope
Cover on Insertion Tube
Case on TV
Blood Pressure Cuff
Wheels on Bed
Syringe
Bite Guard
Face Shield for Nurse and Doctor
Plastic Apron for Nurse and Doctor
Plastic Cover on Gurney
Plastic Cover on Surgery Light
Plastic Insulation on every Electrical Cord
and I am sure I left something out.

Re: When everything goes green energy.... [Re: CharlieCTx] #8422050 10/18/21 12:26 PM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by CharlieCTx

Charlie

It's still got to be refined, so what are you going to do with the 30+ gallons of fuels you have left over from a 42 gallon barrel?

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: When everything goes green energy.... [Re: TCM3] #8422051 10/18/21 12:27 PM
S
Stump_jumper Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S

And go back to horse and buggy

2017 Tundra 5.7 CM 4x4
2006 Champion 2200 Bay Boat
Re: When everything goes green energy.... [Re: Stump_jumper] #8422057 10/18/21 12:31 PM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Stump_jumper

And go back to horse and buggy

I'd prefer not to, I like my 420 HP buggy with the AC and smooth ride.

Re: When everything goes green energy.... [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8422058 10/18/21 12:31 PM
S
SRPI89 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
To get to the point of 1/2 of our energy coming from “green” sources would require 150% of the worlds know copper deposits, 1,200% of the worlds known lithium deposits (most owned by China) and 10,000% of the worlds known cobalt deposits…. And that’s just a start. It’s not possible with current technology.

Re: When everything goes green energy.... [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8422132 10/18/21 01:12 PM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I'm just curious how Green do they want to get, even better I want to hear their definition of Green. I've got ancestors that lived about as so called green as you can get, hell we all did. No electricity, no running water and all cooking and heated was done with wood. These Green folks almost eliminated a wide variety of wildlife and were on the verge of destroying the woodlands of the north east. Now in my opinion that's about as Green as a person can get. Maybe it's going all electric? If we were to look at the energy requirement's to provide enough electricity to power an entire country the size of the US I suspect it would take more fossil fuels than we consume now just to manufacture, support and maintain such an industry. And like some have already pointed out most of the materials we now use in manufacturing of various products would just simply disappear. So what do we use to replace those products? Well we end up going back to the same old products produced by material these same folks are trying to save. Imagine a world without all the various polymers we so enjoy on a day to day basis. These Grennie's are a very strange bunch!

Last edited by HWY_MAN; 10/18/21 01:14 PM.

Re: When everything goes green energy.... [Re: HWY_MAN] #8422135 10/18/21 01:16 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by HWY_MAN
I'm just curious how Green do they want to get, even better I want to hear their definition of Green. I've got ancestors that lived about as so called green as you can get, hell we all did. No electricity, no running water and all cooking and heated was done with wood. These Green folks almost eliminated a wide variety of wildlife and were on the verge of destroying the woodlands of the north east. Now in my opinion that's about as Green as a person can get. Maybe it's going all electric? If we were to look at the energy requirement's to provide enough electricity to power an entire country the size of the US I suspect it would take more fossil fuels than we consume now just to manufacture, support and maintain such an industry. And like some have already pointed out most of the materials we now use in manufacturing of various products would just simply disappear. So what do we use to replace those products? Well we end up going back to the same old products produced by material these same folks are trying to save. Imagine a world without all the various polymers we so enjoy on a day to day basis. These Grennie's are a very strange bunch!

To go completely green energy, it would take a foot print of essentially Texas. Means wall to wall solar and wind the size of Texas. Sounds pretty green

Millions of wildlife displaced and Trees gone

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: When everything goes green energy.... [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8422205 10/18/21 02:05 PM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

I do work in the industry. And many people don’t know what all comes from fossil fuels. I was pointing out the lunacy of the people that want to ban fossil fuels and rely completely on “green” energy. Like anything they touch, they “F” it up.

Not sure what’s your point about “original content” or a “bro love fest” are but feel free to PM me to explain your thoughts to me.

I must have been drinking too much.

Many things on that list also include mined materials.

Like North Face not wanting to make jackets for a petroleum company because of a conflict in their environmental beliefs. The jackets were made of polyester.

To be determined
Re: When everything goes green energy.... [Re: HWY_MAN] #8422453 10/18/21 05:33 PM
CharlieCTx Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by HWY_MAN
Originally Posted by CharlieCTx

Charlie

It's still got to be refined, so what are you going to do with the 30+ gallons of fuels you have left over from a 42 gallon barrel?

Since I'm not in the refinery business... I'll assume we are making the 30+ gallons of fuels out of a barrel as that is the level of demand for it. If we don't have the demand, it will be refined into whatever is next on the list. There won't be 75% of a barrel just leftover with no use...

Petroleum production and refining won't go away in our lifetimes. We will certainly see less of it being produced/refined some time from now and what does get refined and into what, will certainly change.

I sell technology to O&G, mostly upstream focused. It has been startling to see how quick most of the supermajors are pivoting from petroleum to other things. One customer laid off 400 GeoPhysicists last year. Those are the guys who find the oil. If the supermajors who go look for it have decided it's not THAT important to do anymore, there's a message there.

For the purposes of debate, most folks consider gasoline/diesel/nat gas as "fossil fuels", not necessarily what you make from petroleum outside of those items.

Charlie

Kel-Tec RFB + Griffin Sportsman Ultra Light 300 + Pulsar Apex XQ-50
M&P-10 + AAC Cyclone
Remy 700 + Leupold VX3 3.5x10x50 CDS
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide