Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
TPWD Draw Hunts #8393207 09/21/21 10:05 PM
Txhunter65 Online Content OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Has anyone ever had a problem being notified of winning a draw hunt? I've been putting in for about 5 years for myself and 3 years for my son since he's been old enough for about 50 hunts a year between the two of us. Neither of us have been drawn until apparently this year. I happened to log in today to see if by chance we'd been drawn for anything and to my surprise my son had been drawn for the youth only gun either sex for San Angelo State Park....but we were past the deadline to contact them for the permit. They claim they sent an email on 9/2 stating we'd been drawn. I never received the email. I've been through the junk folder, spam folder, deleted and inbox. I've even checked the list of emails I get every morning that have been quarantined from the day before. I was not notified. Of course I called TPWD and spoke with someone and her response was basically sorry you're $hit out of luck. You can always apply next year. Thanks for the money we appreciate it. Go F yourself.

Re: TPWD Draw Hunts [Re: Txhunter65] #8393228 09/21/21 10:21 PM
D
dkershen Online Content
Rev Dave
Online Content
Rev Dave
D
I had the same thing happen today. They actually called me saying they had email issues and wanted to ensure I knew I had been drawn. No email showed up. Luckily I got notified in time.

BTW... anyone ver hunted Matagorda Island ? Looking for tips and info on the hunt.

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

www.NewHopeEquine.com - Health and Healing through Horses.
Re: TPWD Draw Hunts [Re: Txhunter65] #8393236 09/21/21 10:27 PM
M
maximum Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
That's very sad, especially with a kid involved.
Sadly that's just one tiny thing wrong with our near total dependence on computers.
I've had a med appointment in place for 6 months, and early early the morning of the
appointment I get a text and a email and a voicemail that the appointment is canceled and
the office is closed until further notice. After the fact I get a message that I'd missed
my appointment and I'd have to make arrangements to get a new appointment and get at
the back of the line. I had to show them the text and play the voicemail to convince them
that nothing was any fault of mine.
They reconsidered and now they " made accommodations " and will have me there in 2 days

Re: TPWD Draw Hunts [Re: dkershen] #8393238 09/21/21 10:28 PM
M
maximum Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
Originally Posted by dkershen
I had the same thing happen today. They actually called me saying they had email issues and wanted to ensure I knew I had been drawn. No email showed up. Luckily I got notified in time.

BTW... anyone ver hunted Matagorda Island ? Looking for tips and info on the hunt.

More drinking water than you think you need and
a good quality insect repellent

Re: TPWD Draw Hunts [Re: Txhunter65] #8393247 09/21/21 10:41 PM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
Could be getting blocked on the server level or it bounced because of any number of things at the time it was sent. I had this problem with a crypto exchange recently. No matter how many times I tried the verification email was not reaching me. I whitelisted the domain with my email provider and it worked after that. If you know your not going to check the status on the TPWD page and only rely on their email to notify you, I would set up a message rule for TPWD emails and or whitelist it with your email provider. I did miss an email notification on a hog hunt a few years ago, but I later found it deep in one of my junk or spam folders. Then shame on me it happened to me with a Florida St Vincent Island Sambar hunt. It was a year later that I found I had been drawn and lost my points. And again I did find I had received the email. I just missed it buried with other emails at the time. The hog hunt was no big deal but not seeing the Sambar hunt email hurt. It was one of the reasons my powderhorn Sambar hunt last year was so special to me. I learned my lessen. I always log in on draw dates and check to see if I draw anything now. I can remember many times over the years being frustrated when sending emails to people or businesses that bounced back to me for various reasons. Email is just too unreliable. I always check to see if I draw anything now, email or not.

Re: TPWD Draw Hunts [Re: Txhunter65] #8393263 09/21/21 10:54 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I drew the Rita Blanca Pronghorn hunt. Got the email saying I'd been selected just fine. That email said another email would be sent with the permit. Weeks went by. I called and the girl said it would be coming. I finally called last week and another girl tried sending it twice - nothing. I finally gave her my Gmail address and it came through on that. They send it from a strange looking address. Called the guy in charge of the hunt and he said that that's not the real permit and they were having some "issues" mailing them. I got the real permit in the mail last Friday. The hunt starts Oct. 2nd. Government department trying to go paperless. What could possibly go wrong?

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: TPWD Draw Hunts [Re: Txhunter65] #8393922 09/22/21 03:36 PM
M
Mr. T. Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Well darn, I just went to the website after reading the above statements to check on my status on the hunts and it said I have not applied for any... Funny, my credit card was charged for the 7 that I applied for.

Cabin rental in Pagosa Springs, Co.
Sleeps 10, If interested please PM me.
Re: TPWD Draw Hunts [Re: Mr. T.] #8393930 09/22/21 03:43 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Mr. T.
Well darn, I just went to the website after reading the above statements to check on my status on the hunts and it said I have not applied for any... Funny, my credit card was charged for the 7 that I applied for.

Ahh hell. Good thing they work for the state, or else they might get all stressed when a supervisor calls a meeting about all the mistakes they have made. Just another day in Paradise/Austin.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: TPWD Draw Hunts [Re: Txhunter65] #8394028 09/22/21 05:10 PM
B
Blank Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Unfortunately, the system will allow you to create multiple accounts with different customer numbers, if you buy a new license and the vendor does not use the correct customer number. That will then show zero loyalty points, and no applications on that new account.

Looking up your account with your Soc Sec # will only bring up the most recent one created. My hunting partner did this, and we have not been able to get them to cancel the one with no points attached.

Re: TPWD Draw Hunts [Re: Txhunter65] #8399458 09/27/21 04:59 PM
C
copperhead Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
I got a antlerless/spike youth hunt with my son at Mason Mountain and a antlerless/spike hunt with my wife at Colorado Bend. Looking forward to them both.

Re: TPWD Draw Hunts [Re: Txhunter65] #8399675 09/27/21 08:10 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
I've had a Permit # attached to my Entry List account since Day 1 of this years file. Talked to 5 different people in Austin about it in one day couple weeks ago and and they all said just ignore it as it is not yours ...really? what about the poor guy who is looking for THAT Permit #. Really PO's me that I have give info I DO NOT want to give almost every time I log on to get the file to open so's I can see what's happening. OTOH Why bother with a Customer # then if TPW is going to ignore it. IF that private info goes public the attorney I spoke with said G"L on getting any damages covered or even anything else done about it in Austin, 'cause you are on your own fighting State Gvt.

I've got 21 LP's in one place I hunted over 27 years ago and have always wanted to go back there, and put in again this year cause I still want to go back, and still cannot get drawn, all the status shows is... got the Application & that my application is pending or something. As per usual over the last 25+ years of sending $'s to Austin in this program...all my other 12 App's show Not Selected ... Oh Well ...
IMO the more things change in Austin the more they stay the same. WordyDird's WordyDirds....and it's taken me 15 minutes to come up with something clean enough that I could it post here....

I guess I need to do what Blank has been doing all these years ...apply out of state somewhere else so that State's Fish & Game Dept will give a Permit for whatever the guy wants in order to get the Out of State guys $'s ....LOLOL !

Have any of Y'all ever been to NYC and watched the "find the bean under which walnut shell half" on the side walk ...if so ....tell me you don't REALLY think that game is gonna payoff for you do you??? I luv watching tourists on 5th Ave .... and never saw a winner...
Ron

Last edited by WileyCoyote; 09/27/21 08:18 PM. Reason: clarity of the problem

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

"These are the times that try men's soul's"...Thomas Paine

"Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it" ....Santayana
Re: TPWD Draw Hunts [Re: Blank] #8399849 09/27/21 11:59 PM
Adchunts Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
Originally Posted by Blank
Unfortunately, the system will allow you to create multiple accounts with different customer numbers, if you buy a new license and the vendor does not use the correct customer number. That will then show zero loyalty points, and no applications on that new account.

Looking up your account with your Soc Sec # will only bring up the most recent one created. My hunting partner did this, and we have not been able to get them to cancel the one with no points attached.

Yup. I had this issue when I moved to Texas in 2016. Had bought out of state licenses for Texas for many years before moving here. Had a bunch of accounts open because I bought my out of state licenses at Walmart/Academy/bait shops. They would create a new account every time. Had to call Austin and talk through it with TPWD. They consolidated all my info under one account.

Re: TPWD Draw Hunts [Re: Txhunter65] #8400901 09/29/21 01:04 AM
Txhunter65 Online Content OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Online Content
Veteran Tracker
I spoke with my biologist for our MLD and he said he would ask around to see if anything could be done but most likely there wouldn't be...he also said he's put in for 25 year on multiple draws and has never been drawn once....that is really discouraging.

Re: TPWD Draw Hunts [Re: Txhunter65] #8401201 09/29/21 12:44 PM
P
pdotson Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
P
Man thats a bummer. On draw days I check mine like a mad man because I don't trust my email to not put it in spam.

Re: TPWD Draw Hunts [Re: pdotson] #8401212 09/29/21 12:48 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by pdotson
Man thats a bummer. On draw days I check mine like a mad man because I don't trust my email to not put it in spam.

Yep, just to have the piece of mind. But I have seen a few of these stories on some various facebook pages this year as well.

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: TPWD Draw Hunts [Re: Txhunter65] #8405096 10/03/21 11:05 AM
D
Dodge_Rock Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Txhunter65
I spoke with my biologist for our MLD and he said he would ask around to see if anything could be done but most likely there wouldn't be...he also said he's put in for 25 year on multiple draws and has never been drawn once....that is really discouraging.

Hey man, there's 20 spots for the youth hunt. Give the park a call & ask about a standby. I'll bet they'll help.
Don't get discouraged on the draw. There are some outstanding opportunities. Maybe your MLD biologist has had email problems too & doesn't know it. smile

Re: TPWD Draw Hunts [Re: pdotson] #8405292 10/03/21 01:09 PM
K
kryptonite Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
K

I'm the same way, so far this year for youth we drew 2 anterless/spike Hunts. One hunt we got on the 2nd drawing. Also picked up a Javelina hunt for me on the 2nd draw for me. Last year I applied for at least 30 Hunts and didn't get any. Waiting on the draw for the October 1 now. Since the first fell on Friday it will be Monday before they draw.

Re: TPWD Draw Hunts [Re: pdotson] #8405325 10/03/21 01:47 PM
K
krmitchell Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
K

Same here. Seems like they could call/mail results as well.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide