Print Thread
Processor near Vernon #8392224 09/21/21 01:12 AM
C
Cinch Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
C
Not sure where to post this… We are new to hunting the Vernon area this year and wondering if there are any good or recommended processors close to Vernon?

Last edited by Cinch; 09/21/21 01:13 AM.
Re: Processor near Vernon [Re: Cinch] #8392232 09/21/21 01:20 AM
Q
QMC SW/EXW Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Q
Can't answer your question but do have one of my own: Why not do your own processing? It isn't hard and you know how the meat was handled.

Retired Navy Chief
NJROTC Instructor for Tascosa High School
Re: Processor near Vernon [Re: QMC SW/EXW] #8392244 09/21/21 01:29 AM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by QMC SW/EXW
Can't answer your question but do have one of my own: Why not do your own processing? It isn't hard and you know how the meat was handled.

I don’t know why people always turn to that as an answer; “do it yourself, it isn’t that hard”

Why didn’t you build your own deer blind? Why didn’t you build your own feeder? Why didn’t you build your own fence? Car? Truck? House? Airplane?

Geez, let the man take it to a processor if he wants too. I use Kuby’s in Dallas, I’ve heard nothing good about the ones in Hardeman Co.

Wade Dews, REALTOR ®
Rendon Realty, LLC
Frontline Real Estate Team
www.RendonRealty.com
WadeDews@gmail.com
214-356-2410
Up to 1% for closing costs for First Responders & Veterans
Proudly partnered with Assist The Officer Foundation https://atodallas.org/
Re: Processor near Vernon [Re: Cinch] #8392248 09/21/21 01:33 AM
RedSnake Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Iowa park. I heard they were good a few years ago. No personal experience with them though.

Re: Processor near Vernon [Re: Cinch] #8392250 09/21/21 01:35 AM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Whitakers in Iowa Park. Great service, very clean, easy to get to right off 287. I've used them many times. Their pretty quick, like a week max.

Last edited by onlysmith&wesson; 09/21/21 01:37 AM.

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: Processor near Vernon [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #8392312 09/21/21 02:36 AM
kry226 Online Content
The General
Online Content
The General
Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
Whitakers in Iowa Park. Great service, very clean, easy to get to right off 287. I've used them many times. Their pretty quick, like a week max.

x2

Decent taxidermy too.

[Linked Image]
Re: Processor near Vernon [Re: Cinch] #8392317 09/21/21 02:41 AM
H
Huntmaster Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
Just don’t get the summer sausage from Whitaker’s; it is really bad and stinks. I would drive to bacos In Seymour; 49 miles.

Re: Processor near Vernon [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #8392430 09/21/21 05:04 AM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B

Which one was the caught storing the deer out back in a trailer without refrigeration? I swear it was in Iowa Park

Wade Dews, REALTOR ®
Rendon Realty, LLC
www.RendonRealty.com
WadeDews@gmail.com
214-356-2410
Re: Processor near Vernon [Re: BigPig] #8392453 09/21/21 09:27 AM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by BigPig

I don’t know why people always turn to that as an answer; “do it yourself, it isn’t that hard”

Why didn’t you build your own deer blind? Why didn’t you build your own feeder? Why didn’t you build your own fence? Car? Truck? House? Airplane?

Geez, let the man take it to a processor if he wants too. I use Kuby’s in Dallas, I’ve heard nothing good about the ones in Hardeman Co.

Ignore him, it's what he does.

Re: Processor near Vernon [Re: Huntmaster] #8392454 09/21/21 09:32 AM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Huntmaster
Just don’t get the summer sausage from Whitaker’s; it is really bad and stinks. I would drive to bacos In Seymour; 49 miles.

What recipe did you get, jalapeno w/cheese, plain?? I've had it a few years in a row and never had any that wasn't great.

Re: Processor near Vernon [Re: BigPig] #8392456 09/21/21 09:42 AM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter

Which one was the caught storing the deer out back in a trailer without refrigeration? I swear it was in Iowa Park

I haven't heard about that, but I do know that Whitakers has an open trailer where they stage dried hides. The first time I used them I commented on how clean they were, and they explained their process. Skinning is done outside with a set of two stage doors closed, no chance for hair to enter their process. They've done a good job for me, and everyone I know personally that has used them.

Last edited by onlysmith&wesson; 09/21/21 09:42 AM.

Re: Processor near Vernon [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #8392460 09/21/21 10:17 AM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B

I haven't heard about that, but I do know that Whitakers has an open trailer where they stage dried hides. The first time I used them I commented on how clean they were, and they explained their process. Skinning is done outside with a set of two stage doors closed, no chance for hair to enter their process. They've done a good job for me, and everyone I know personally that has used them.

I had the right town, wrong processor.

https://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/8129497/1

Wade Dews, REALTOR ®
Rendon Realty, LLC
www.RendonRealty.com
WadeDews@gmail.com
214-356-2410
Re: Processor near Vernon [Re: Cinch] #8392559 09/21/21 01:05 PM
H
Huntmaster Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
That’s a different guy; and it was bad too.

Re: Processor near Vernon [Re: BigPig] #8392578 09/21/21 01:21 PM
W
WILDWHIT Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
W
Cinch my name is Bruce Whitaker I am the owner of Whitakers Wildgame Pocessing and Taxidermy. We have proudly been servicing the north texas,southern oklahoma area since 1997.Check us out on facebook, web site or give me a call at the shop 940-592-9730 to discuss how we operate. As to Mr Huntmaster i am sorry you were not satisfied with your summer sausage. We strive to process every deer as if it were our own; with that being said if you would contact me I will try to make it right with you. We are not perfect even though we try to be; there is is only one man that has ever been perfect and I"m not him. Thanks!!!

Re: Processor near Vernon [Re: WILDWHIT] #8392605 09/21/21 01:38 PM
TX_LT230FH Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by WILDWHIT
Cinch my name is Bruce Whitaker I am the owner of Whitakers Wildgame Pocessing and Taxidermy. We have proudly been servicing the north texas,southern oklahoma area since 1997.Check us out on facebook, web site or give me a call at the shop 940-592-9730 to discuss how we operate. As to Mr Huntmaster i am sorry you were not satisfied with your summer sausage. We strive to process every deer as if it were our own; with that being said if you would contact me I will try to make it right with you. We are not perfect even though we try to be; there is is only one man that has ever been perfect and I"m not him. Thanks!!!

I've used Whitakers on multiple occasions over the years and have never had a bad experience. The processing is quick and good, and the taxidermy was the same. My full shoulder mount was done in less than 8 months, which beats the heck out of the 3.5 years I waited on my 2017 deer from a different taxidermist.
Whitakers is good stuff and good people. Last year I was glad I didn't get a deer, though, since they closed up shop when they reached an allotted number of deer for the year.

[Linked Image]
Re: Processor near Vernon [Re: Huntmaster] #8392841 09/21/21 04:28 PM
A
AdvTX Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Huntmaster

Really nice people and great basic processing but like this message says....DON'T GET ANYTHING SMOKED THERE......it's smoke flavor added and absolutely terrible.

I forgot to add, GREAT TAXIDERMY!

Last edited by AdvTX; 09/21/21 04:30 PM.

Bow Only
Re: Processor near Vernon [Re: BigPig] #8393355 09/22/21 12:19 AM
Q
QMC SW/EXW Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Q

Why didn’t you build your own deer blind? Yep, sure did, thanks for asking.

Why didn’t you build your own feeder? Don't use a feeder but it wouldn't be hard to build a box with a spreader.

Why didn’t you build your own fence? Yep, sure did, thanks for asking.

Car? Truck? Nope but I have rebuilt the engines and trannies and painted them myself.

House? Yep, sure did, thanks for asking

Airplane? Nope, have no desire to own a plane or even fly on one ever again

Geez, let the man take it to a processor if he wants too. Don't believe I told him not to use one, just asked why he would want to

I use Kuby’s in Dallas, Congratulations but you have no idea if the meat you pick up actually came from the deer you shot.

I’ve heard nothing good about the ones in Hardeman Co.

People used to be self-sufficient. Now they want to pay people to do things. I'll pass

Retired Navy Chief
Re: Processor near Vernon [Re: QMC SW/EXW] #8393416 09/22/21 01:16 AM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B

Why didn’t you build your own feeder? Don't use a feeder but it wouldn't be hard to build a box with a spreader.

Car? Truck? Nope but I have rebuilt the engines and trannies and painted them myself.

Geez, let the man take it to a processor if he wants too. Don't believe I told him not to use one, just asked why he would want to

I use Kuby’s in Dallas, Congratulations but you have no idea if the meat you pick up actually came from the deer you shot.

People used to be self-sufficient. Now they want to pay people to do things. I'll pass

Congratulations. You want a cookie or a pat on the back? OP didn’t come in here asking should he use a processor or butcher it himself, but you decided to make this post about you and your opinion so you can beat your chest. Try keeping your anal plungers off the keyboard.

Maybe the OP has a busy life and hunting is his chance to unwind. Does that mean he has to process his own food? Nope. Let the man use a processor if he wants to and don’t [censored] shame him because of it.

Wade Dews, REALTOR ®
Rendon Realty, LLC
www.RendonRealty.com
WadeDews@gmail.com
214-356-2410
Re: Processor near Vernon [Re: WILDWHIT] #8393682 09/22/21 12:32 PM
kry226 Online Content
The General
Online Content
The General

Thanks for coming on here, Bruce, and I appreciate the honest customer service effort. I've done a good bit of business with y'all and will continue to do so. up

[Linked Image]
Re: Processor near Vernon [Re: WILDWHIT] #8394260 09/22/21 08:55 PM
C
Cinch Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
C

Thank ya sir. We will get with you this year for sure

Re: Processor near Vernon [Re: Cinch] #8394269 09/22/21 09:09 PM
Txblklab Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
I have done business with Whitaker's for five years now and have never been disappointed. From taxidermy to processing they are worth every cent.

Re: Processor near Vernon [Re: WILDWHIT] #8394410 09/22/21 11:54 PM
jeh7mmmag Offline
gramps
gramps

Thanks for showing up to clarify comments. Thanks also for the job you are doing and hope you have a good year.

Add these below to your profile if you would like to, and hang around. Put your Taxy service in Taxy section and business in classified if you like. And welcome up
https://www.whitakerswildgame.com/about-us
https://www.whitakerswildgame.com/taxidermy
up

�Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in,
where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul.�
~ John Muir
Re: Processor near Vernon [Re: BigPig] #8394452 09/23/21 12:52 AM
Q
QMC SW/EXW Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Q

Congratulations. You want a cookie or a pat on the back?

Just answering your questions Child. If you don't want the answers don't ask the questions. You really seem a little like a punk with your posts on this. Frankly you don't impress me much. I'm betting you have never done anything yourself and always hire it done.

Retired Navy Chief
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide