Print Thread
Bardwell harassment #8391327 09/20/21 01:24 PM
S
stinkbelly Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I went to Lake Bardwell this past Friday to look for some dove. I haven't been there in 10 years or so. I went to Little Mustang Creek boat ramp to park and walk in. I got there about 6am. When I drove in there was a car parked at the boat ramp facing incoming traffic. I figured it was a drunk or someone doing drugs so I parked way far away in the parking area. This is maybe 150-200 yards away. When I park, the car slowly starts driving my way. I figure I ran him off. He then pulls around behind me and blocks me in with his high beams on. I made the mistake of pulling straight in. I figure I am about to get robbed, so I put it in reverse. He see this and moves. He drives a circle and then comes at me sideways. He stops about 10 yards to my passenger side with his bright lights on me. At this point I know nothing good is going to come from this so I start to back out and he takes off.

I know I made some mistakes. I just want you guys to be aware of this. This became serious real quick. I don't have a description. Just car with high beams.

I stopped going there 10 years ago because my truck was robbed while hunting.

Re: Bardwell harassment [Re: stinkbelly] #8391835 09/20/21 08:11 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
If this happens with any frequency....Talk to the Sheriff, Talk to the DEA yadda yadda and don't go out there alone.

We regularly had some of that at Texoma in the neighborhood I lived in adjacent to the Corp Property Line. Calls to the Grayson County Leo's went nowhere with responses to all sorts of "activities"....always said they could not go on Corp property to enforce County Laws or COE Rules, even though the Corp's Lake Management people I spoke had a different story. My house was the next to last on the dead end road and faced the water with a County road at my front property line. Knowledgeable locals had warned me about jacking with the wink wink Drug Drops that were an open secret and "probably going on". I spent many a nite on the front porch letting the traffic'ers see me... armed, with a big long lense camera and the porch light on.
Yes I regret leaving Texoma sometimes ...but go through it all again... doubtful I'd ever consider living waterfront with a valuable boat that cost as much as my cabin in the private boathouse again...
in Grayson County.

Lot's of tales to tell that most people would doubt....until they walked a mile in my moccasins.
Ron

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

"These are the times that try men's soul's"...Thomas Paine

"Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it" ....Santayana
Re: Bardwell harassment [Re: stinkbelly] #8392147 09/21/21 12:07 AM
P
Pappashack Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
P
Thanks for the info I go over there some and haven’t had any problems yet. But I will sure be on the look out now.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide