Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Walking around money- part 2 [Re: ntxtrapper] #8385616 09/15/21 03:40 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
I find it interesting the number of people here that don’t 100% trust their spouse with finances/money.

IMO if you are having to rat hole money you love money more than your marriage and that’s the issue.

Be married to someone for 8 years, who out of nowhere suddenly becomes fiscally irresponsible and brings you to the brink of bankruptcy when you're making 120K a year, and you would understand.

Yes Sir. Everyone's situation is different.

Folks that are happy and think they have it all figured out with a good wife that they can trust 100% haven't been betrayed, and left flat broke yet, and I hope it never happens to them. When I used to play music all the time in all the local dives I met A LOT of wealthy wives that were DTF while their husband's were gone working, hunting or fishing. As hard as it was I never did because it was wrong. Not one time.

I made $250,000/yr and bent over backwards for my wife, whatever she wanted. Didn't matter if I was tired. Looking back it was stupid how much of my hard earned money and time I invested in people that now hate my guts because they believe what they are told.

I do realize I am bitter I guess. Our journeys on this rock are different.

I do love being around old school folks that have been happily married for a long time. Good stuff right there, and the way it should be.

up

Re: Walking around money- part 2 [Re: skinnerback] #8385637 09/15/21 04:02 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by skinnerback
I find it interesting the number of people here that don’t 100% trust their spouse with finances/money.

IMO if you are having to rat hole money you love money more than your marriage and that’s the issue.

Be married to someone for 8 years, who out of nowhere suddenly becomes fiscally irresponsible and brings you to the brink of bankruptcy when you're making 120K a year, and you would understand.

Folks that are happy and think they have it all figured out with a good wife that they can trust 100% haven't been betrayed, and left flat broke yet, and I hope it never happens to them. When I used to play music all the time in all the local dives I met A LOT of wealthy wives that were DNF while their husband's were gone working, hunting or fishing. As hard as it was I never did because it was wrong. Not one time.

I made $250,000/yr and bent over backwards for my wife, whatever she wanted. Didn't matter if I was tired. Looking back it was stupid how much of my hard earned money and time I invested in people that now hate my guts because they believe what they are told.

I do love being around old school folks that have been happily married for a long time. Good stuff right there, and the way it should be.

up

7 years after the divorce, I went from zero dollars in my checking account to everything paid off and enough to retire. The next guy murdered her and he was promptly killed by the responding officers. I don't know all the details as far as motive, but I'd be surprised if financial ruin wasn't a part of it. The only glimmer of goodness was that her family didn't have to go through the process of his trial and future parole hearings and such. A few nights ago I dreamed about her choking to death and in the dream, I couldn't figure out why she was choking, so I couldn't stop it. Sad deal all the way around.

Re: Walking around money- part 2 [Re: ntxtrapper] #8385650 09/15/21 04:27 AM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
I love a happy ending smile

Re: Walking around money- part 2 [Re: ntxtrapper] #8385656 09/15/21 04:40 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef

Folks that are happy and think they have it all figured out with a good wife that they can trust 100% haven't been betrayed, and left flat broke yet, and I hope it never happens to them. When I used to play music all the time in all the local dives I met A LOT of wealthy wives that were DNF while their husband's were gone working, hunting or fishing. As hard as it was I never did because it was wrong. Not one time.

up

7 years after the divorce, I went from zero dollars in my checking account to everything paid off and enough to retire. The next guy murdered her and he was promptly killed by the responding officers. I don't know all the details as far as motive, but I'd be surprised if financial ruin wasn't a part of it. The only glimmer of goodness was that her family didn't have to go through the process of his trial and future parole hearings and such. A few nights ago I dreamed about her choking to death and in the dream, I couldn't figure out why she was choking, so I couldn't stop it. Sad deal all the way around.

Damn. Tuff stuff there bud, to say the least.

I quit talking to anyone about dreams.

I was working in Houma Louisiana and had a bad dream about my Dad. Was a weird occasion. I called & called & finally got ahold of my little brother. I told him my dream. He said you're crazy bro Dad is fine. 3 days later that dream came true, and my Dad was dead.

Then my best friend of many years...I had a dream about him and then we had a big BBQ at his house, I cooked all kinds of stuff. I kept my mouth shut about the crazy dream until later that night when the beer was flowing and it was just us. I guess I was drunk enough to speak my mind. I told them about the dream I had about my best friend James in detail. We all sat there on the couch and cried together, and then dismissed it all as drunken BS. 3 weeks later he died exactly as I dreamt. Exactly as I told the story on that couch. I will never forget the look on his wife's face when I walked in the door after he died.

You can't drink enough to stop thinking about things like this, I've tried. Maybe what I should do is stop drinking, and start listening.

Re: Walking around money- part 2 [Re: TX_LT230FH] #8385665 09/15/21 08:15 AM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
What happen to the days when the man controled the money and the spending?

Re: Walking around money- part 2 [Re: RedRanger] #8385695 09/15/21 11:44 AM
TX_LT230FH Online Content OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by RedRanger

It became a bad thing to be a "man".
That, and the prevalence of video games. The guys are too busy playing online so the gals have to take care of all the business.

[Linked Image]
Re: Walking around money- part 2 [Re: TX_LT230FH] #8385700 09/15/21 11:55 AM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
'Had a brother that wanted desperately to be like our grandfather and have people do pretty much everything for him so he could be an "idea man", "captain of industry", etc. So he turned his wife into a personal secretary. Problem is, I'm almost certain she had (has) oniomania, an uncontrollable urge to buy things; closets full of clothes with the tags still on them, etc. Of course, he had her pay the bills and she wound up almost getting their house foreclosed on...twice. My parents, then just Mom had to bail them out by giving them money. 'Course the rest of us were all supposed to act like it didn't happen and still allow them (he was much older than me) to make decisions about the whole extended family. The lies and BS we put up with from those two. bang 'Haven't spoken to that crazy...........woman since my brother's funeral (the service was a whole 'nother drama) and I am so much more relaxed these days. smile ani

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Walking around money- part 2 [Re: ntxtrapper] #8385737 09/15/21 12:46 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T

up

Have you been on Jerry Springer?? Asking for a friend....

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Walking around money- part 2 [Re: TX_LT230FH] #8385738 09/15/21 12:47 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Here’s to hoping Skinner never has a dream about me.

Re: Walking around money- part 2 [Re: Hudbone] #8385754 09/15/21 01:14 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Hudbone
Here’s to hoping Skinner never has a dream about me.

You think his dreaming is bad, try waking him up… roflmao

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Walking around money- part 2 [Re: TX_LT230FH] #8385767 09/15/21 01:31 PM
G
Giblett Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
G
Yep still rathole money been burnt before. And still carry a wad of cash around never know when a deal will come up or debit card won't work.

Re: Walking around money- part 2 [Re: TX_LT230FH] #8385860 09/15/21 03:03 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Wife can spend whatever she wants. She makes a great home for us and deserves whatever she wants. We always check with each other on anything Over a couple hundred bucks. Not a rule, just a mutual respect thing. Luckily, we are both frugal so it just works out.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Walking around money- part 2 [Re: TX_LT230FH] #8385962 09/15/21 04:39 PM
R
reeltexan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by TX_LT230FH

It became a bad thing to be a "man".
That, and the prevalence of video games. The guys are too busy playing online so the gals have to take care of all the business.

and eventually, someone else takes care of the gal

[Linked Image]

"Give me an Army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle... Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war." - General Patton

Re: Walking around money- part 2 [Re: TX_LT230FH] #8385985 09/15/21 05:04 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I used a twenty dollar bill this morning for a tip when I got my license plates.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Walking around money- part 2 [Re: RedRanger] #8386335 09/15/21 10:59 PM
L
LeonCarr Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
When wife does the finances everything gets paid for and we put money in savings.

If I did them we would be broke with a really nice gun collection.

"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher
Re: Walking around money- part 2 [Re: RedRanger] #8386368 09/15/21 11:46 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

If the husband is the sole breadwinner then sure.

It’s hard to get it to fly when the wife makes as much/more than the husband.

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Walking around money- part 2 [Re: LeonCarr] #8386449 09/16/21 12:39 AM
J
Jimbo1 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by LeonCarr
When wife does the finances everything gets paid for and we put money in savings.

If I did them we would be broke with a really nice gun collection.

This here.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Walking around money- part 2 [Re: TX_LT230FH] #8386477 09/16/21 01:09 AM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N

I always have a quarter for the phone.