Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Tundra- used pricing??? [Re: freerange] #8376517 09/06/21 04:14 PM
603Country Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I’m at 175,000 on my 07. I don’t need a new one, but a new shiny truck does sound good.

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: Tundra- used pricing??? [Re: freerange] #8376731 09/06/21 09:11 PM
T
tailchaser93 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
I just spent months looking at used trucks all over Texas

Re: Tundra- used pricing??? [Re: freerange] #8376737 09/06/21 09:15 PM
T
tailchaser93 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
The easiest thing for me was looking at the big websites and using the filter to narrow it down to what you’re looking for and if you find one you like then go to the actual dealers website and make sure it’s still there. Some of the ones I found on Auto trader or Edmunds had stuff on there that had been sold a year ago. One thing I found using those websites is that it told you if it had been in an accident or if the title was clean or not.

Re: Tundra- used pricing??? [Re: tailchaser93] #8376771 09/06/21 09:42 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by tailchaser93
The easiest thing for me was looking at the big websites and using the filter to narrow it down to what you’re looking for and if you find one you like then go to the actual dealers website and make sure it’s still there. Some of the ones I found on Auto trader or Edmunds had stuff on there that had been sold a year ago. One thing I found using those websites is that it told you if it had been in an accident or if the title was clean or not.

Good info, thanks.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Tundra- used pricing??? [Re: freerange] #8376792 09/06/21 09:56 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Got my new company truck (2021 Tundra Platinum 4x4) two weeks ago. Just called around looking for what I wanted until I found a salesman that was willing to work for his commission. At Toyota of Plano price was MSRP, no market adjustments.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Tundra- used pricing??? [Re: freerange] #8376794 09/06/21 09:57 PM
F
freerange Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Thanks for the info. Im probably going to find time in the next day or so to start looking on line.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Tundra- used pricing??? [Re: freerange] #8378584 09/08/21 02:20 PM
F
freerange Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
F
I actually went to a dealer yesterday. I dont guess Ive ever been in a Tundra besides my 06 so I wanted to make sure that smaller back seat wasnt too small. I was surprised that it was a little smaller than I thought but its still plenty big for me. Almost never is anyone in my backseat and the kids have been outa the house for a long time. The really large back seat area is way too big to be practical. I definitely dont want that smaller 5.5' bed. I also got a little info from the salesmen that was useful. Im still a little confused on the TRD, TSS and SR5, as well as various options of which there seems to be a lot. I may know enough now to get on line and know what to look for.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Re: Tundra- used pricing??? [Re: freerange] #8378616 09/08/21 02:49 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Tundra- used pricing??? [Re: freerange] #8378949 09/08/21 08:01 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by freerange
I actually went to a dealer yesterday. I dont guess Ive ever been in a Tundra besides my 06 so I wanted to make sure that smaller back seat wasnt too small. I was surprised that it was a little smaller than I thought but its still plenty big for me. Almost never is anyone in my backseat and the kids have been outa the house for a long time. The really large back seat area is way too big to be practical. I definitely dont want that smaller 5.5' bed. I also got a little info from the salesmen that was useful. Im still a little confused on the TRD, TSS and SR5, as well as various options of which there seems to be a lot. I may know enough now to get on line and know what to look for.

Remember that the rear seat doesn't fold or slide anymore. That has been a deal killer for me.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Tundra- used pricing??? [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #8379128 09/08/21 11:14 PM
F
freerange Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER

Remember that the rear seat doesn't fold or slide anymore. That has been a deal killer for me.

What is this "remember" that you speak of? I dont know much of anything about rear seats. Are you saying that the rear seat does not go back and forth like a front seat??? Im not sure I ever thought any did and wouldnt matter to me.
As for not "folding", are you talking about the bottom does not fold up out of the way??? Yesterday I was in the big crew max(20) and the smaller double cab(19) and I personally folded both bottom seats back. The smaller one even had a compartment underneath that could come out easily or stay.

Re: Tundra- used pricing??? [Re: freerange] #8379182 09/09/21 12:17 AM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T

What is this "remember" that you speak of? I dont know much of anything about rear seats. Are you saying that the rear seat does not go back and forth like a front seat??? Im not sure I ever thought any did and wouldnt matter to me.
As for not "folding", are you talking about the bottom does not fold up out of the way??? Yesterday I was in the big crew max(20) and the smaller double cab(19) and I personally folded both bottom seats back. The smaller one even had a compartment underneath that could come out easily or stay.

My Crew max seat goes forward and back. Because the back seat area is so large, I can move the seat forward, fold the seat back forward and fill behind the back seat with tent, sleeping bag, stove, heater, lantern, toilet paper, mini shovel, machete etc. and then recline the seat so that it cannot be seen. Can not do that with new ones.

In other words, they “decontented” the heck out of it.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Tundra- used pricing??? [Re: freerange] #8379853 09/09/21 05:17 PM
F
freerange Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Thanks Txhog.
Im in DFW area this weekend so I may find time to look around at dealers. Any suggestions on where to go to look for used Tundras? Or where to avoid?

Re: Tundra- used pricing??? [Re: freerange] #8379951 09/09/21 07:08 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Thanks Txhog.
Im in DFW area this weekend so I may find time to look around at dealers. Any suggestions on where to go to look for used Tundras? Or where to avoid?

Best man in my wedding and my sons Godfather is a GM at a Toyota dealership in Atlanta. He is who I call and have since 1994. Only Toyota in my family since then.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Tundra- used pricing??? [Re: freerange] #8380018 09/09/21 08:10 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Thanks Txhog.

Good luck to you. Be ready to act if you find one that meets your criteria...especially if its low mileage and like new.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Tundra- used pricing??? [Re: freerange] #8380046 09/09/21 08:41 PM
F
freerange Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Atlanta Texas?
Txgun, thanks for that tip, I assumed that would be the case. Im calling my banker right now to learn a little.

Re: Tundra- used pricing??? [Re: freerange] #8380121 09/09/21 10:02 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Atlanta Texas?
Txgun, thanks for that tip, I assumed that would be the case. Im calling my banker right now to learn a little.

Sorry, no. The other one.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Tundra- used pricing??? [Re: freerange] #8380183 09/09/21 10:56 PM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Thanks Txhog.

Call each one and see if they have any. I have bought a Toyota from 4 different Toyota dealerships here. Last one Texas Toyota in Grapevine. They hardly have any new and never seen any used there but call. My used is worth more than a new one these days....

Re: Tundra- used pricing??? [Re: freerange] #8382037 09/11/21 06:22 PM
F
freerange Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Lunch in McKinney now then hitting a few dealers in area. Maybe I’ll learn something. Really need to find time to get on line.

Re: Tundra- used pricing??? [Re: freerange] #8382044 09/11/21 06:28 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Good luck

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Tundra- used pricing??? [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #8382337 09/11/21 11:05 PM
S
Stump_jumper Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S

My Crew max seat goes forward and back. Because the back seat area is so large, I can move the seat forward, fold the seat back forward and fill behind the back seat with tent, sleeping bag, stove, heater, lantern, toilet paper, mini shovel, machete etc. and then recline the seat so that it cannot be seen. Can not do that with new ones.

In other words, they “decontented” the heck out of it.

I liked the fold down/lay flat in my Tacoma. I also liked the fact that the seat back was hinged. The advantage with the fold up is you have more vertical space. It is also better for my dog. She can get in and out of the Tundra even at 12 years old. I just wish the seat back was hinged so you can access the space behind it. I had to pull the seats to install a subwoofer and custom seat covers.

2017 Tundra 5.7 CM 4x4
2006 Champion 2200 Bay Boat
Re: Tundra- used pricing??? [Re: freerange] #8383389 09/13/21 12:13 AM
F
freerange Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
F
I didn’t realize dealers were closed on Sunday. I’m not sure I’ve ever shopped at a dealer.
Uber driver in McKinney last night works at a dealership. He said Carmax is the way to go. They have stores all over USA and you tell em what you want and they can find them at their other stores.

Re: Tundra- used pricing??? [Re: freerange] #8383429 09/13/21 12:53 AM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
I didn’t realize dealers were closed on Sunday. I’m not sure I’ve ever shopped at a dealer.
Uber driver in McKinney last night works at a dealership. He said Carmax is the way to go. They have stores all over USA and you tell em what you want and they can find them at their other stores.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hE66dG7SQ4

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: Tundra- used pricing??? [Re: freerange] #8384222 09/13/21 08:40 PM
F
freerange Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Just left carmax. Pretty impressed with how they are set up. Maybe that’s cause I don’t shop often. I gave them my criteria and there were dozens of options from all their stores across the US. Some they could bring in free and some $1000 or more, or I could drive to the other location myself. Easy enough to do all the looking online yourself. Could of easily pulled the trigger but I need to take a deep breath.

Re: Tundra- used pricing??? [Re: freerange] #8384234 09/13/21 08:48 PM
603Country Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I’ll be interested in what you finally decide to do.

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: Tundra- used pricing??? [Re: freerange] #8384287 09/13/21 09:32 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Out of all of this I'm most surprised that the "invincible" tundra is giving you trouble!

Just had to say it, good luck on finding what you need/want freerange.

It's hell eatin em live
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide