Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 6 of 16 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 15 16
Re: Ivermectin [Re: DQ Kid] #8365267 08/27/21 05:05 AM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Concho,
I'll pose this question to you as I have posed it to a couple of other people.
If you tested positive and your doctor told you there was a treatment for COVID that had no down side (assuming proper dosage) and a POSSIBLE huge upside, would you be willing to try it?

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Ivermectin [Re: Grizz] #8365329 08/27/21 12:14 PM
S
SherpaPhil Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Grizz
Concho,
If you tested positive and your doctor told you there was a treatment for COVID that had no down side (assuming proper dosage) and a POSSIBLE huge upside, would you be willing to try it?

I think for most people, that answer is obvious. The real question is, if you doctor doesn't say that, would you go down to the feed store on your own?

For me personally, there is a huge difference between a medical expert I know and trust, with decades of education and experience, telling me a drug is worth a shot, and me watching a couple YouTube videos and thinking I'm informed enough to practice medicine.

My problem isn't with ivermectin, it is with people thinking they are medical experts because some guy in a white coat on YouTube said this works.

Re: Ivermectin [Re: DQ Kid] #8365366 08/27/21 12:44 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Free life advice

Don’t down a whole bottle of aspirin.
Don’t use pepto as an epidural.
Don’t drink a whole bottle of ex lax.
Don’t drink an entire bottle of NyQuil.

If you do it doesn’t make any of those medicines bad. It means you’re stupid.

Re: Ivermectin [Re: SherpaPhil] #8365407 08/27/21 01:19 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by SherpaPhil
Concho,

I think for most people, that answer is obvious. The real question is, if you doctor doesn't say that, would you go down to the feed store on your own?

For me personally, there is a huge difference between a medical expert I know and trust, with decades of education and experience, telling me a drug is worth a shot, and me watching a couple YouTube videos and thinking I'm informed enough to practice medicine.

My problem isn't with ivermectin, it is with people thinking they are medical experts because some guy in a white coat on YouTube said this works.

Dosage to weight break down has nothing to do being a medical expert. Label reading has nothing to do with being a medical expert. To be able explain a compounds you don't have to be a medical expert.

The issue we are seeing with ivermectin is same issue we see with ANY pharmaceutical company and profits. Access and cost pushing people to a lessor cost and easier OTC access source.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Ivermectin [Re: Concho] #8365417 08/27/21 01:26 PM
J
Jgraider Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted by Concho
Originally Posted by 2Beez
Originally Posted by 9x19
Fear of self-medicating?

Probably not a human adult waking around who hasn't taken 3 aspirin/tylenol/ibuprofen at a single dose instead of two... and that typically exceeds the recommended dosage.

As far as other drugs available, knowledge is power, denigrating those who have sought and gained it, while you have not, is rather silly, IMO.

Well, everyone has an opinion.

Yea, and yours sucks.

That was my point, they all suck, and add nothing to the debate.

They do not all suck, just ignorant ones. Ignorance isn't necessarily a bad thing, but remaining ignorant definitely is. I loved the bolded post above.

Re: Ivermectin [Re: Grizz] #8365439 08/27/21 01:42 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Concho,

I answered that very question several pages back, my negative post was about the people who are running out and buying horse medicine. Apparently some are getting ill because of what or how they are consuming. I would take anything the doctor told me would work or had at least a chance of working. Allow me to just bow out of this debate, I was responding to the original post which I understood was about folks getting ill due to buying the wrong Ivermectin and/or taking it in a method that was causing them to become ill. I had no idea I was getting into a debate about the values of a prescribed treatment.

Re: Ivermectin [Re: DQ Kid] #8365448 08/27/21 01:49 PM
J
Jgraider Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
What did you expect actually? Dismiss a ridiculous statement like this?

America has gone crazy, scared of a vaccine, but willing take a medicine meant for animals......NUTS!

Re: Ivermectin [Re: Jgraider] #8365478 08/27/21 02:14 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by Jgraider
What did you expect actually? Dismiss a ridiculous statement like this?

America has gone crazy, scared of a vaccine, but willing take a medicine meant for animals......NUTS!

Exactly what is crazy about being against people harming themselves through stupidity? You know what, you guys are nuts just because you are nuts, you don't need a reason.

Re: Ivermectin [Re: Sneaky] #8365494 08/27/21 02:21 PM
S
soooo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by Sneaky
Originally Posted by ducknbass

I realize that this is unrelated, but doesn’t everyone in Japan wear a mask, all the time, and they’ve been doing it before Covid? What the hell? How is this possible?

The Chinese wear masks because the CCP tells them to. Has been for decades.

Re: Ivermectin [Re: DQ Kid] #8365561 08/27/21 03:21 PM
P
PappawRock Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Everybody in these debates are stand-up folks except the ones lying...

Re: Ivermectin [Re: DQ Kid] #8366031 08/27/21 10:35 PM
N
NRAman Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
N
My BIL is a large animal veterinarian, so after reading this post I called him to ask if he has been hearing about people using animal ivermectin as a treatment for Covid. He said yes, and it has been used by people for years to treat a variety of ailments (especially in rural, agrarian countries outside the US.). He said he has two tubes of the stuff at home in case any of his family comes down with Covid. The family has been vaccinated, so he doesn't use it as a preventative, but he said he knows of other veterinarians and trainers that use it for that purpose. I didn't ask him what type of ivermectin he had set aside for possible use.

MikeA
NRA Life Member
University Of Dallas & TWU Dad
Re: Ivermectin [Re: NRAman] #8366115 08/27/21 11:49 PM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by NRAman
My BIL is a large animal veterinarian, so after reading this post I called him to ask if he has been hearing about people using animal ivermectin as a treatment for Covid. He said yes, and it has been used by people for years to treat a variety of ailments (especially in rural, agrarian countries outside the US.). He said he has two tubes of the stuff at home in case any of his family comes down with Covid. The family has been vaccinated, so he doesn't use it as a preventative, but he said he knows of other veterinarians and trainers that use it for that purpose. I didn't ask him what type of ivermectin he had set aside for possible use.

Yeah, well, he’s not a medical professional, so he doesn’t know anything!

Re: Ivermectin [Re: Sneaky] #8366140 08/28/21 12:08 AM
6InARowMakeItGo Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by NRAman

Yeah, well, he’s not a medical professional, so he doesn’t know anything!

Sneaky, you at least should’ve put this grin in that post rofl

Last edited by Thundervee; 08/28/21 12:09 AM.

🍻
Re: Ivermectin [Re: DQ Kid] #8366201 08/28/21 01:23 AM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
That’s like explaining a joke, TV. It ain’t the same. If they can’t see my humor, then we are gonna throw down.

Did you ever think that maybe that’s the point? I’m hedging my bets in the next debate. I can’t assume he’s as dumb as Concho.

Re: Ivermectin [Re: Sneaky] #8366216 08/28/21 01:37 AM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
That’s like explaining a joke, TV. It ain’t the same. If they can’t see my humor, then we are gonna throw down.

Did you ever think that maybe that’s the point? I’m hedging my bets in the next debate. I can’t assume he’s as dumb as Concho.

But no where near as ignorant as you.

Re: Ivermectin [Re: DQ Kid] #8366249 08/28/21 02:12 AM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Maybe. We don’t know that.

Re: Ivermectin [Re: Concho] #8366259 08/28/21 02:19 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler

Why is a known moron questioning the intellegence of someone who is actually of good character?

[Linked Image]
Re: Ivermectin [Re: Bee'z] #8366263 08/28/21 02:21 AM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C

Why is a known moron questioning the intellegence of someone who is actually of good character?

Good sentence for once, see you can use proper English when you try, Moron, look in the mirror Hillbilly.

Re: Ivermectin [Re: Bee'z] #8366265 08/28/21 02:24 AM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C

I love it when one Hillbilly comes to the other Hillbilly's defense.....bet your relatives have your photo framed in a old toilet seat.....

Last edited by Concho; 08/28/21 02:28 AM.

Re: Ivermectin [Re: DQ Kid] #8366267 08/28/21 02:25 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Karen thinks I care what she thinks again. That is cute rofl

[Linked Image]
Re: Ivermectin [Re: Bee'z] #8366269 08/28/21 02:27 AM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C

You love Karen, you need Karen, you want Karen......Hillbillies be Hillbillies.....

Re: Ivermectin [Re: Concho] #8366270 08/28/21 02:31 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler

You love Karen, you need Karen, you want Karen......Hillbillies be Hillbillies.....

IDGAF about you as you are a known POS. I do not think anything else needs to be said here as you are not a good person. How you got the job you got had to be that you decepitvely played the apptitude test to check out. This hillbilly does alright just for the record lol

[Linked Image]
Re: Ivermectin [Re: Bee'z] #8366273 08/28/21 02:32 AM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C

IDGAF about you as you are a known POS. I do not think anything else needs to be said here as you are not a good person. How you got the job you got had to be that you decepitvely played the apptitude test to check out. This hillbilly does alright just for the record lol

roflmao must have hit a nerve, Hillbilly.

Re: Ivermectin [Re: DQ Kid] #8366277 08/28/21 02:36 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Not at all. That is how I talk normally, ask anyone lol. I try to tone it down but if I am making a point I am not afraid to make it. I own a business so I can't get fired for what I say

[Linked Image]
Re: Ivermectin [Re: Concho] #8366280 08/28/21 02:37 AM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S

Good sentence for once, see you can use proper English when you try, Moron, look in the mirror Hillbilly.

You really shouldn’t be correcting anyone’s English. You can’t put a sentence together to save your life. Normally, that would be okay. When you make fun of others for it, it’s not okay.

Page 6 of 16 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 15 16
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide