P
Pig_Popper Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
P
https://www.opticsplanet.com/atn-th...mal-smart-hd-rifle-scope-w-wifi-gps.html

I’m just the messenger …..

But WOW checkout the reviews , no wonder this particular product is being offered at a 40% discount !

I wonder how many folks will bite on it at the new price and then kick themselves later

hammer

This space is For Sale - inquire within ...
Re: Ever read the reviews on thermal optics online ? [Re: Pig_Popper] #8364697 08/26/21 09:46 PM
J
Judd Offline
#1 Creedmoor Fan
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
There is so much smoke around ATN online...if someone gets bit by them it was either a calculated risk or they are a dumb [censored]...that is all I can say.

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Ever read the reviews on thermal optics online ? [Re: Pig_Popper] #8364705 08/26/21 09:53 PM
Double Naught Spy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Most reviews are written either by newbies with little experience who are just so darned amazed by what they can see that they are otherwise blinded to problems, or by people who are so disgruntled by problems that they are equally biased in the wrong direction.

Most reviewers have little or no experience with more than one thermal and even if they do, often the reviews are written only after exceptionally little experience of the product being reviewed.

You are right. Something does not jive between a thermal that seems to have mostly glowing reviews and at the same time, be discounted that much...when it wasn't that expensive to start with.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Ever read the reviews on thermal optics online ? [Re: Pig_Popper] #8365018 08/27/21 02:02 AM
P
Pig_Popper Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
P
The recurring compliant is the scope won’t start up - that’s something I read a lot about with ATN scopes I’ll find some more reviews ….

Re: Ever read the reviews on thermal optics online ? [Re: Pig_Popper] #8365120 08/27/21 02:49 AM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
All reviews online need to be treated as if it could be fake news. Remember there are people like JTprocaddie that literally can be bought and paid to say anything a manufacture wants them to say.

Re: Ever read the reviews on thermal optics online ? [Re: Pig_Popper] #8365411 08/27/21 01:23 PM
Double Naught Spy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by SapperTitan
All reviews online need to be treated as if it could be fake news. Remember there are people like JTprocaddie that literally can be bought and paid to say anything a manufacture wants them to say.

There is certainly some truth to this. I am typically suspect of glowing reviews, meaning that they are from inexperienced folks who are just too impressed to have a critical eye or are from people who may actually be involved in the promotion of the product in some manner. I have had the opportunity to handle a lot of thermal units. There are some good ones and some bad ones. Each brand/model seems to have some really neat features and each has some really boneheaded features that make you wonder what the designers were thinking when they included them. For example, when IR Defense set up their mostly easy to use menu system on their IR Hunter sights, they put the NUC and Zoom selections on different menu pages. These are the two most common features used on the scope and you have to flip around through the settings to get to them - STUPID. When reviewers are able to nitpick and point out actual shortcomings or problems with the optics and not just talk about how wonderful it is, I tend to give them more credibility of doing a more balanced review.

Everybody and every review has biases. You can't get around that.

Originally Posted by Pig_Popper
The recurring compliant is the scope won’t start up - that’s something I read a lot about with ATN scopes I’ll find some more reviews ….

This is one aspect to look for in reviews, recurring problems noted. If multiple people are noting the same issue, that may be a huge problem. The question is whether or not the issue affects your use of the product. Early on, People did not like Pulsar's mounts for various reasons. I didn't like them that much either because you needed tools to put the scope on your rifles. However, since I don't tend to move scopes between rifles, it was a non-issue for me, but wasn't for other people. A problem like not powering up, however, is apt to be a negative for everybody.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Ever read the reviews on thermal optics online ? [Re: Pig_Popper] #8371371 09/01/21 04:47 PM
P
Pig_Popper Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
P

Re: Ever read the reviews on thermal optics online ? [Re: Pig_Popper] #8372172 09/02/21 07:12 AM
GNTX Offline
Tracker
Tracker

But WOW checkout the reviews , no wonder this particular product is being offered at a 40% discount !

I wonder how many folks will bite on it at the new price and then kick themselves later

hammer

Of course it’s being discounted. The Thor 4 (newer product line) has been available for a few years now. Not defending ATN, but this is likely NOS that Optics Planet wants to clear out their inventory.

Same goes for the Amazon link. Both are for the Thor HD vs, the newer Thor 4.

Just sayin’.

Re: Ever read the reviews on thermal optics online ? [Re: GNTX] #8372484 09/02/21 03:15 PM
P
Pig_Popper Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
P
Originally Posted by GNTX

hammer

Of course it’s being discounted. The Thor 4 (newer product line) has been available for a few years now. Not defending ATN, but this is likely NOS that Optics Planet wants to clear out their inventory.

Same goes for the Amazon link. Both are for the Thor HD vs, the newer Thor 4.

Just sayin’.

I just read some reviews on the latest version of the Thor 4 - what I find odd is a number of 4-5 star reviews that indicate the unit had issues and that folks are complimentary of service or replacement they received .

The point of this thread is to read the reviews carefully if you’re going to spend a lot of money - a high star value may not represent the users experience .

Just this morning , I have no way to copy and paste a Facebook thread here, there is a conversation going in a thermal buy/sale page about Thor 4 vs xyz .

2 former ATN dealers openly state that they dropped these units due to the high frequency of returns

Buyers do your research !!!!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide