Print Thread
Cuddeback low end camera opinions #8355268 08/18/21 03:38 PM
F
freerange Online Content OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Anyone have an opinion on what I think is there least expensive model? Its $120 and I think its H 1453. I had one of their high end ones break and they will give me a discount on a new one and I just want a cheaper one. It needs to be real user friendly with no needed bells and whistles. I know there are a jillion cams out there and the same number of opinions but Im probably going with this and just curious what yall know.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Cuddeback low end camera opinions [Re: freerange] #8355500 08/18/21 06:39 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
I bought my last and final cuddecrap camera in 2011. Will never buy another one if I can help it. They have great trigger speed and take great pictures but they break and the customer service end was horrible. I have a friend who has 30 or so of them and has one or two not work every year at the start of the camera season. He has extras to cover that issue...knowing when he tests them in August he will have to send some back in. I have owned Cuddecrap, Moultrie, Wildgame, Reconyx, Stealthcam, Primos, Bushnell, Spypoint and Tasco. Right now I have 4 Tasco that cost me $29 on 3 of them and $39 on the higher megapix one. All of them have great battery life and take decent pics. All take pretty good daytime photos but 3 of the four take blurry night pics...some is due to slow trigger speed. Take decent videos though. I had great luck with Bushnells(still have 2 of them and 2 died after 3 yrs) also taking great pics but 1 out of 4 would work great but take blurry pics. The Reconyx has great battery life but takes mediocre pics for that high dollar camera. Still have 2 Spypoints that are 8 or 9 yrs old....work decent but have their PITA moments. I have one cheaper Primos refurbished camera($30) and it is 10 yrs old now. Takes great pics, batteries last a very long time(4 D cell) and it has a great sensor. Never really takes images of moving brush, weeds or grass. I have formed an opinion that all cameras are made cheap to been used then break, thrown away. This site rates and test all cameras. IIRC Cuddeback refused to send them anymore cams to test a few years ago. You can click on the Cuddelink link for cams for sale and it will tell you they do not carry them anymore. https://www.trailcampro.com/

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Cuddeback low end camera opinions [Re: freerange] #8355683 08/18/21 08:54 PM
F
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Thanks STx. Ive always had a couple guys handle all cameras on our place but the new place is different. I find myself there a lot by myself so I am doing a lot of the camera work myself. Saying that, what I mean is I know little about them and I am tech savvy real stupid. I need something easy to deal with and I had gotten used to the Cuddebacks we have. I also yearn for them all to be the same and easy so if I ever figure them out, they will be the same going forward. Anyway, just kind of frustrated right now. I really dont even like dealing with all the cams but it really is helpful with trying to get all the guys on same page on age and score.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Re: Cuddeback low end camera opinions [Re: freerange] #8358623 08/21/21 09:50 PM
F
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Got my discounted cuddeback in today. I have a chance to buy more at a discount. I’ll try it out first.
Anyone have one that they can give me advice on any quirks this particular model may have? [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide