Print Thread
Trophy Lease spot available #8339081 08/02/21 05:43 PM
F
freerange Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
F
>>One spot available, making it 4 total hunters at $10000 per man .
>>3260 acres low fenced and part of a much bigger Ranch that has been very lightly hunted by family for decades of same family ownership. I have a direct relationship with the owner and have enjoyed being around his family. None of the Ranch has ever had a paid hunter on it till I was allowed two seasons ago.
>>Two hours North of DFW and just over the Red River.
>>Lots of historical documentation of bucks from the 160s to over 200” BC. There is reason to expect to be hunting for bucks this size and 160 minimum is likely a realistic minimum expectation.
>>Very functional house for all to stay in, along with walkin, skinning rack, storage and nice amenities.
>>You would be joining myself and two other hunters from my other lease that I have hand picked. We share all stands, all expenses and work together towards a common goal. Other game animals are available to hunt and general outdoor recreation is enjoyed within our common long term mindset of managing and hunting mature Super Trophy bucks.
>>I have a tremendous amount of information that I am willing to share with any interested party that PM’s me. 1000s of pics, including many many previous kills, pickup heads, sheds and game cam pics. I may answer a few questions on here but I prefer to deal individually with those that have enough interest to PM me first. If you do PM me please let me know a little about yourself and what you may be looking for in a lease like this. Understand that I may want to TALK to you first before giving out a lot more details. Ive searched my life looking for an opportunity to hunt a place like this and I will be diligent in ensuring all parties involved are a good fit for all involved.
The pic is from last season which was our first full season. Scores are on the pic.

[Linked Image]

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Trophy Lease spot available [Re: freerange] #8339709 08/03/21 10:32 AM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Free, so this is in OK? If so, can you give us non-familiar with the OK seasons a brief rundown on length of rifle and bow seasons and whether both of those are acceptable to hunt on this ranch? Thanks Free for your informativeness as usual.

Re: Trophy Lease spot available [Re: freerange] #8340543 08/03/21 11:53 PM
F
freerange Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
F
DQ, since you asked so nicely, here goes.
The lease rules allow using any legal weapon.
Muzzleloader season is 9 days long.
Rifle season is 16 days long.
Bow season starts first, runs simultaneously with the other seasons, allows crossbows and is 3.5 months long.
Currently our members prefer rifle hunting but will extend our seasons with muzzleloaders. One or two of us may hunt the early bow season but we prefer to use that time to scout for rifle/muzzleloader. If we dont connect during those seasons then we will pick up the crossbow. This situation would be great for a bow hunter since the rest of us are trying to stay away from the bow. The huge trees and thick underbrush also allow for many great bow setups.

The picture below is one of our bow setups tall in a tree. The other picture is from up in that tree stand looking down on 15 bucks. This many bucks is very unusual. It was late season and this setup is on the edge of a big wheat field that the landowner plants. There were over 100 deer on the field on any given day and the bucks dominated the feeder while the corn lasted.
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Re: Trophy Lease spot available [Re: freerange] #8341329 08/04/21 07:43 PM
B
Booner1 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
The 2 years that I hunted Oklahoma, the non-resident hunting fee was $280 for archery, $280 for muzzle loader and $280 for general gun season so I opted to archery hunt only and it only cost me $280 and the hunt season was 105 days. Not a bad deal if you find the right lease and it isn't a arm and leg. The bag limit where I hunted near Eldoado was 6 deer, 2 bucks and 4 doe. I did have to wear hunter orange during any open firearms season even though I was bow but I could live with that.

Born to hunt and fish.
Re: Trophy Lease spot available [Re: freerange] #8341331 08/04/21 07:47 PM
B
Booner1 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
The 2 years that I hunted Oklahoma, the non-resident hunting fee was $280 for archery, $280 for muzzle loader and $280 for general gun season so I opted to archery hunt only and it only cost me $280 and the hunt season was 105 days. Not a bad deal if you find the right lease. The bag limit where I hunted near Eldoado was 6 deer, 2 bucks and 4 doe. I did have to wear hunter orange during any open firearms season even though I was bow but I could live with that.

Born to hunt and fish.
Re: Trophy Lease spot available [Re: freerange] #8345950 08/09/21 03:20 PM
F
freerange Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
F
I had a pm asking about my pics not having feeder pens. With this being such a new lease, its been very much a work in progress. Some of our feeders have pens and some dont. We have bought enough panels and tposts and they are on sight ready to be put up on all feeders.

Re: Trophy Lease spot available [Re: freerange] #8346057 08/09/21 05:01 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
A bump for a good man and I can vouch for the deer quality up thr,, my target buck this year is well beyond the 200” mark and we regularly pass up 150’s, this specific property I can’t vouch for but big deer are most definitely in the area. I’ve shared some of my pics from last year with him so he knows what I’m referring to. Like him I don’t publicize what we actually kill nor what I’m seeing and I won’t “BUT” if your looking to hunt big deer and have the gonads to pass up smaller deer “150’s plus” holding out for a giant then here’s your chance. You couldn’t pay me 20k to hunt our place so don’t think for a second he’s BS’n you about the deer quality. Thr are a lot more giants killed around here than most would believe but it’s a seriously hush hush situation. This is an area similar to Ohio or Kansas where a deer of 10 lifetimes could walk out at any time around the rut.

Re: Trophy Lease spot available [Re: freerange] #8349736 08/12/21 11:26 PM
F
freerange Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Ol Thumper, I really appreciate the positive comments about our part of the world. I know you are usually secretive about the big deer that everybody doesnt know about, so its even more appreciated that you spelled it out. I really hope you get that 200"+ you are after. Im heading that way in the morning to continue to get ready.

Re: Trophy Lease spot available [Re: freerange] #8353880 08/17/21 02:59 AM
T
TXHunter0619 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
Hope somebody gets on this sooner than later, seems like a great opportunity! Wish my owns pockets were deeper grin

tough times don't last, tough people do
Re: Trophy Lease spot available [Re: freerange] #8354037 08/17/21 12:18 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
It is a deal IMO - hunt South Texas class bucks for less than a spot in STex would cost you on a quality ranch - not to mention the amenities are first class and Freerange runs a lease the right way

You can't fix stupid
Re: Trophy Lease spot available [Re: tlk] #8354380 08/17/21 06:51 PM
B
BarneyWho Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
B
Originally Posted by tlk
It is a deal IMO - hunt South Texas class bucks for less than a spot in STex would cost you on a quality ranch - not to mention the amenities are first class and Freerange runs a lease the right way

tlk I wish you would stop this!!! I’m trying to make myself not afford this. roflmao Really appealing with having a lifetime OK license. However, with young kids and limited rifle season if I spend this kind of money yearly I want the opportunity for my kids to be able to cull deer. Main thing from keeping me from having a serious discussion with freerange. Does seem like an awesome place though!

Re: Trophy Lease spot available [Re: freerange] #8363717 08/26/21 01:03 AM
F
freerange Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Sorry guys, I owe y’all an update. All spots are full. I actually had forgotten about a guy used to hunt with me and he jumped on the chance when I told him. All of us have hunted together before so we are already on the same page about how we go about things so should be a tight 4 man group.
Thanks to all that inquired about the spot and please stay in touch. Even a good lease can have openings over time and especially the pricey ones. There is also a chance we may pick up more of the Ranch in future. Now I got an extra hand to put to work so got to get after it. 👍

Re: Trophy Lease spot available [Re: freerange] #8371629 09/01/21 08:30 PM
T
TXHunter0619 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
Congrats FR goody goody grin

tough times don't last, tough people do
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread