Print Thread
Constitutional Carry / Texas Suppressor Law #8341698 08/05/21 02:54 AM
C
cd4dallas Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
C
The Dallas Arms Collectors Association Gun Show will be held on August 7-8 at the iconic Southfork Ranch in Parker, Texas. Texas State Rifle Association Legislative Director Andi Turner will be attending and available to answer questions about recent Texas gun legislation passed into law by Governor Abbott. It's a great opportunity to have your questions answered regarding the new laws especially constitutional carry and the Texas suppressor law. You can get more information at www.dallasarms.com. I know a lot of people have questions regarding constitutional carry and the new Texas suppressor law. Here's an opportunity to get accurate information. Andi Turner played a critical role in the process of passing this legislation into law.

Re: Constitutional Carry / Texas Suppressor Law [Re: cd4dallas] #8341776 08/05/21 05:31 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Andi should have a big sign saying "HB 957 isn't worth the paper that the Governor signed" and save a lot of time by not having to answer any questions about it.

Re: Constitutional Carry / Texas Suppressor Law [Re: ntxtrapper] #8341951 08/05/21 01:45 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Andi should have a big sign saying "HB 957 isn't worth the paper that the Governor signed" and save a lot of time by not having to answer any questions about it.

+1...HB 957 was a waste of tax payer $$$.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Constitutional Carry / Texas Suppressor Law [Re: cd4dallas] #8341969 08/05/21 02:03 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
The reality is the feds will say what we can and cannot possess in the way of firearms and accessories. It sucks but there isn't anyway around it no matter what the attention-seeking politicians tell us.

Re: Constitutional Carry / Texas Suppressor Law [Re: cd4dallas] #8345720 08/09/21 12:25 PM
W
Williep Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
W
Honestly I don't care what the Texas law is. I will follow federal. I'm not loosing my rifles ory ability to hunt because some politician is looking for votes.

Re: Constitutional Carry / Texas Suppressor Law [Re: cd4dallas] #8346545 08/10/21 02:16 AM
GNTX Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Here is a lawyer from FPC explaining the premise of HB957.

Re: Constitutional Carry / Texas Suppressor Law [Re: Williep] #8346664 08/10/21 10:52 AM
V
victor454 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
V
Originally Posted by Williep
Honestly I don't care what the Texas law is. I will follow federal. I'm not loosing my rifles ory ability to hunt because some politician is looking for votes.

It's a step by step process. After rifles we add pistols, Then we go for the deer hunting sniper rifles and shotguns with a capacity of more than on round.

Re: Constitutional Carry / Texas Suppressor Law [Re: victor454] #8347798 08/11/21 07:49 AM
W
Williep Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
W
Originally Posted by victor454

It's a step by step process. After rifles we add pistols, Then we go for the deer hunting sniper rifles and shotguns with a capacity of more than on round.

They are taking your guns...same thing has been said for 30 years. And is reiterated everytime we get a president who isn't republican. It's getting old...

Re: Constitutional Carry / Texas Suppressor Law [Re: cd4dallas] #8371918 09/02/21 01:25 AM
F
flintknapper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by cd4dallas
The Dallas Arms Collectors Association Gun Show will be held on August 7-8 at the iconic Southfork Ranch in Parker, Texas. Texas State Rifle Association Legislative Director Andi Turner will be attending and available to answer questions about recent Texas gun legislation passed into law by Governor Abbott. It's a great opportunity to have your questions answered regarding the new laws especially constitutional carry and the Texas suppressor law. You can get more information at www.dallasarms.com. I know a lot of people have questions regarding constitutional carry and the new Texas suppressor law. Here's an opportunity to get accurate information. Andi Turner played a critical role in the process of passing this legislation into law.

You can use this link (for a PDF) that covers it pretty well.

https://cdn.brandfolder.io/5Z10RK5F/at/3grj768k34x5pqmmvhpc85c/TXCC-Guide-Single-Pg-Digital.pdf

Spartans ask not...how many, but where!
Re: Constitutional Carry / Texas Suppressor Law [Re: cd4dallas] #8373131 09/03/21 12:21 AM
C
Come And Get 'Em... Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
I know lots of guys are all about following Federal Law, and lots of guys are rebellious about it and will use this state "protection" (used loosely) as means to skirt it. But here's something to think about:

Other than being reported to a federal LE agency or officer, or them finding it by legal search warrant for another federal crime, how would one be "found out"? Seems to me, if state agencies and officers are barred from enforcing it as a crime, then unless your local ATF agent is now pulling over people for traffic violators, I see the legislation as sort of a win. As I understand it, you won't be able to buy a can at a dealer and not do the NFA stuff (obviously), but if you were to get pulled over with your buddy's in the truck without him, or build one yourself Form 1 style or from a kit, and not file the form and wait for the stamp, where does that leave you, consequence-wise? From where I'm standing, unless I'm missing something, being caught with your ducks not in a row is only punishable if its a "fed" that catches you. Yes, I get that even if I'm correct, it's still a HUGE risk to practice this way of thinking, and that it's not wise to go wild with it. I'm simply playing devil's advocate.

DISCLAIMER: I'M NOT ADVOCATING FOR OR ENCOURAGING VIOLATIONS OF CURRENT FEDERAL LAW. I'm simply pointing out another perspective / possibility not being discussed, in hopes that myself or another may learn something we haven't yet considered. Maybe this forum hasn't become totally like Facebook and there can be rational discussions; maybe it has and there cannot.

Republic Fence & Stain
Residential fence construction & Repair
Certified Applicator of Wood Defender Fence & Deck stain/seal

Re: Constitutional Carry / Texas Suppressor Law [Re: Williep] #8373148 09/03/21 12:37 AM
6InARowMakeItGo Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by victor454

They are taking your guns...same thing has been said for 30 years. And is reiterated everytime we get a president who isn't republican. It's getting old...

Then don’t click the F-ing link if it’s getting old. Real easy there man.

🍻
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide