Print Thread
Something else #8337001 07/31/21 10:51 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Down here feeding. At this time of year, we typically let protein run dry and I have come down with 21 bags of cottonseed to put into seven baskets. Could have used more, but did not bring trailer.

With this year's abundant rains, I have never seen the place look like this right now, last day of July. Grass everywhere and in places I have never seen grass. One of the pens has a stand of grass which should be baled. I will come back with both the string trimmer and the heavier fixed blade trimmer. Gonna have to bring the 30 gallon sprayer with some Sendero. Might need to shred parts for the first time in 15 years.

Had some kind of wild squash heavy vined plant at one of spots. Never seen it before. It was fun pulling on that crap. It's outside the pen now. I want to see if anything has eaten on it.

The roads are pretty close to verschizzen (runny poop). We need a blade and about 26 culverts.

Re: Something else [Re: Hudbone] #8338737 08/02/21 01:12 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Don't forget your damn snake boots either!

Hud, I've got a 35 gallon rig I built for my side by side that you are welcome to take along. It has a small boom with spray tips on it as well as one on each end of it on separate valves for spraying fencelines so that you can hold a cold beer in one hand and drive with the other while spraying.

It makes quick work spraying weeds in pens and smaller acreages.

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: Something else [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8338743 08/02/21 01:17 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS

Hud, I've got a 35 gallon rig I built for my side by side that you are welcome to take along. It has a small boom with spray tips on it as well as one on each end of it on separate valves for spraying fencelines so that you can hold a cold beer in one hand and drive with the other while spraying.

worthless

I fight yuccas coming up through the caliche on the road to the house. Fixed the pump on my sprayer, only to have the handle blow apart. Spray wand parts being delivered today. I've just about decided to let them get big enough to just yank 'em out by hand. That dang Remedy is pricey and it seems to be the only thing that'll kill them.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Something else [Re: Hudbone] #8338744 08/02/21 01:17 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Seems like in the wet years we take a push mower down to mow the feed pens. That tall knot head grass is ROUGH on a push mower lol but she earns her keep.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Something else [Re: Hudbone] #8338810 08/02/21 02:06 PM
H
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
I am gonna head back down (soon) with a weed eater and ample amounts of string. I'll take care of my pens, Klappenbach has two which need attention and Gregor another two. Maybe I'll earn some brownie points. We'll bring the spray rig in a little later. We have some fairly fresh senderos to keep clean.

Blade coming in late September. Gonna be a rough ride around the pasture until then.

We use Eraser around the camp and typically Sendero out in the field. Not sure exactly why, but that is how we have bene doing it.

Re: Something else [Re: Hudbone] #8338856 08/02/21 02:49 PM
H
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
There are others worse than this one.
[Linked Image]

This is a new little ditch. one of several. Somewhat deceptive, Bobo's Catch Me Come Play With Me Avalanche would not get through. Unfortunately, the pig survived.
[Linked Image]

Re: Something else [Re: Hudbone] #8338878 08/02/21 03:12 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
[quote=Hudbone]There are others worse than this one.
[Linked Image]

Cutting that tree by the blind would be my 1st priority. bolt

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Something else [Re: Hudbone] #8338893 08/02/21 03:20 PM
H
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Not my blind and not my priority. Gregor always puts his trophy wife in there.

Re: Something else [Re: Creekrunner] #8338917 08/02/21 03:35 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by Creekrunner

worthless

I fight yuccas coming up through the caliche on the road to the house. Fixed the pump on my sprayer, only to have the handle blow apart. Spray wand parts being delivered today. I've just about decided to let them get big enough to just yank 'em out by hand. That dang Remedy is pricey and it seems to be the only thing that'll kill them.

Man, I got a new phone about 2 months ago and for some reason only some of my pics transfered over from my 'camera' file from my old one and they pics I had of that sprayer are some that didn't.
I will try and remember to take a couple tonight and post them here tomorrow.
I also have a valve to a hose and hand held spray gun with about 25' of hose on it that his handy for reaching tight spots and spot spraying areas.

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: Something else [Re: Hudbone] #8339082 08/02/21 05:44 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Hudbone
[Linked Image]

This is a new little ditch. one of several. Somewhat deceptive, Bobo's Catch Me Come Play With Me Avalanche would not get through. Unfortunately, the pig survived.
[Linked Image]

I switched to a mule. I’m working on my ecological foot print.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Something else [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8339212 08/02/21 07:24 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I switched to a mule. I’m working on my ecological foot print.

Translation: I switched to a mule because the Avalanche burnt to the ground.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Something else [Re: Hudbone] #8339230 08/02/21 07:35 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
That doesnt sound so environmentally friendly….burning a car puts off a lot of toxic fumes.

Bobo, is the mule diesel, gas, or grass powered?

Re: Something else [Re: Hudbone] #8339268 08/02/21 08:06 PM
H
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
I think the mule is the driver.

Re: Something else [Re: Hudbone] #8339382 08/02/21 09:59 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S

You meant "I think the driver is mule headed."

Re: Something else [Re: stxranchman] #8339394 08/02/21 10:17 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by stxranchman

I gave the avalanche to my pops. I felt it was a safer alternative to what he was driving.

Still running well.

I am mule headed, but takes one to know one.. Alter mann

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Something else [Re: Texas buckeye] #8339397 08/02/21 10:18 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
That doesnt sound so environmentally friendly….burning a car puts off a lot of toxic fumes.

Lol, gas.

I lost an F250 to a fire in CO while hunting one year. Somethings on THF are never forgotten

Re: Something else [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8339457 08/02/21 11:12 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted by stxranchman

I gave the avalanche to my pops. I felt it was a safer alternative to what he was driving.

Still running well.

I am mule headed, but takes one to know one.. Alter mann

[Linked Image]

Re: Something else [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8339608 08/03/21 01:45 AM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E

Lol, gas.

I lost an F250 to a fire in CO while hunting one year. Somethings on THF are never forgotten

No they're not. Sucks, but it is what.....You know.

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: Something else [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8339655 08/03/21 02:54 AM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

Lol, gas.

Didn’t happen to leave a rangefinder on the dash did ya?

Re: Something else [Re: Creekrunner] #8339748 08/03/21 12:03 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I

worthless

Creek, here is a pic of the boom with the spray nozzles on it. The main hoses is 1/2" from the 35 gal tank to the pump and the pump to the main spray boom. The hose to the spray gun is also 1/2". The rest of the hoses in between the nozzles on the boom is 3/8" as is each one to the right and left side nozzles for fence line spraying.
[Linked Image]

The valve body is as simply as you can get constructed out of 1/2" PVC and 1/4 turn valves. It looked a lot better before I had to basically cut it in several places to replace busted valves and pipe as I forgot to completely drain it before the big freeze.
So the hose on the far left comes in directly from the tank. The first valve on the left, the blue one goes to the 25' hose and my spray gun. The two red valves control the single spray nozzles on each end of the boom and the blue one in the center controls the 5 nozzles on the boom. Then I have a pressure gauge. What you don't see because of my lack of photography skill is one last valve just to the right of that gauge. That valve is controlling recirculation flow back into the top of my tank and allows me to completely shut it down if I want full pressure on my gun or regulate it to the spray nozzles by opening it up as needed. I like to run about 15-20 psi on my nozzle tips.

Last, everything except for the tank and the 1.25" square tubing came from sprayer supplies on line and I have about $450 in it out of pocket.
https://www.sprayersupplies.com/sprayers?msclkid=7a48bd8697b413f7e21ee3020c592711&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Search%20-%20Broad&utm_term=%2Bagriculture%20%2Bsprayer%20%2Bparts&utm_content=ag%20sprayer%20parts

[Linked Image]

Re: Something else [Re: Hudbone] #8339767 08/03/21 12:19 PM
H
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Klappenbach has a similar set up and it is golden. Take water out in a truck and he can spray and spray. Cover lots of territory quickly.

Re: Something else [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8340726 08/04/21 02:45 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

worthless

Creek, here is a pic of the boom with the spray nozzles on it. The main hoses is 1/2" from the 35 gal tank to the pump and the pump to the main spray boom. The hose to the spray gun is also 1/2". The rest of the hoses in between the nozzles on the boom is 3/8" as is each one to the right and left side nozzles for fence line spraying.
[Linked Image]

The valve body is as simply as you can get constructed out of 1/2" PVC and 1/4 turn valves. It looked a lot better before I had to basically cut it in several places to replace busted valves and pipe as I forgot to completely drain it before the big freeze.
So the hose on the far left comes in directly from the tank. The first valve on the left, the blue one goes to the 25' hose and my spray gun. The two red valves control the single spray nozzles on each end of the boom and the blue one in the center controls the 5 nozzles on the boom. Then I have a pressure gauge. What you don't see because of my lack of photography skill is one last valve just to the right of that gauge. That valve is controlling recirculation flow back into the top of my tank and allows me to completely shut it down if I want full pressure on my gun or regulate it to the spray nozzles by opening it up as needed. I like to run about 15-20 psi on my nozzle tips.

Last, everything except for the tank and the 1.25" square tubing came from sprayer supplies on line and I have about $450 in it out of pocket.
https://www.sprayersupplies.com/sprayers?msclkid=7a48bd8697b413f7e21ee3020c592711&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Search%20-%20Broad&utm_term=%2Bagriculture%20%2Bsprayer%20%2Bparts&utm_content=ag%20sprayer%20parts

[Linked Image]

Wow! Thanks for posting. up

Re: Something else [Re: Hudbone] #8340943 08/04/21 01:24 PM
B
Biscuit Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Very nice

Re: Something else [Re: Hudbone] #8341311 08/04/21 07:08 PM
M
Mr. T. Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Here is what I do because I'm not near as smart as you when it comes to all those valves, etc.

I've never had a sprayer that was worth the money. So finally this is what I did.

I am totally inept when it comes to tools and making stuff, so If I can put this together, so can you. It is very simple to make. I went through two sprayers that I bought, one at tractor supply and one at Atwoods in 3 years. They just don't hold up. I paid $299 for each one. Hose's rotted, tank got a hole in it from bouncing over the ground full of water, tires went flat from weight of water. Just did not hold up.
So, here is what I came up with and it cost me about $125 and I have used it for the last 3 years. Now that cost is not completely accurate
as I already had one of the main parts.
A battery jump starter to run the 12v pump. . Of course any 12v battery would work also.

Now here is what I had to buy.
1. 55 gallon plastic barrel...$15
2. two 6' hoses...$12
3. two 4' sections of pvc, two joint sections of pvc, two water sprinkler heads,(not the whole head, just the dial part), and a T section of pvc that had a hose connection. $15
4. A water pump..$80...

I ran one hose to the barrel from the pump, and one hose from the pump to my pvc sprayer. I hope the photos can give you a better ideal of what I am talking about.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Cabin rental in Pagosa Springs, Co.
Sleeps 10, If interested please PM me.
Re: Something else [Re: Hudbone] #8341323 08/04/21 07:34 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
I bought a boomless spray nozzle from the classifieds on here. I think I paid under $40. I took the wand off of my sprayer hose and hooked the nozzle to it. It had a clamp the allowed it to attach over the top of the tailgate. I used it on my 15 gallon spray and it worked fine with covering about 1.5-2 acres more or less. 25 gallon would have been perfect. It sprayed about 10-12' wide swath depending the how high it is mounted(and the wind).

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide