Print Thread
Best Value SD Card Reader/App for Iphone #8324965 07/19/21 01:50 PM
T
TrackQuack Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
T
This has probably been discussed but just wanted to see what everyone prefers in regards to an easy to use SD card reader. There are a million on Amazon. I normally just swap all cards and then go through one by one on my laptop, co laptop which won't allow you to delete/edit files on removable storage devices. Checking to see if someone has found a good app that allows you to view and delete/clear SD cards with an iphone easily?

Any different methods that save time and allow you to clear SD cards?

Re: Best Value SD Card Reader/App for Iphone [Re: TrackQuack] #8325011 07/19/21 02:43 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by TrackQuack
This has probably been discussed but just wanted to see what everyone prefers in regards to an easy to use SD card reader. There are a million on Amazon. I normally just swap all cards and then go through one by one on my laptop, co laptop which won't allow you to delete/edit files on removable storage devices. Checking to see if someone has found a good app that allows you to view and delete/clear SD cards with an iphone easily?

Any different methods that save time and allow you to clear SD cards?

If I'm gonna pull a card, clear it, and put it back in I just take my lap top along and bring up the pics on the card and hit control X and then control V it (cut/paste) into a folder on my laptop to go through the pics later.
Takes only a few seconds to clear a couple thousand of the cards that way

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: Best Value SD Card Reader/App for Iphone [Re: TrackQuack] #8325027 07/19/21 02:54 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I use the Apple SD card adapters and I don’t need any app’s. I keep a mini I Pad in backpack but I can use them on my phone or I Pad. Their may be easier ways to do it but this is what I do.

Re: Best Value SD Card Reader/App for Iphone [Re: Ol Thumper] #8325035 07/19/21 02:57 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by Ol Thumper
I use the Apple SD card adapters and I don’t need any app’s. I keep a mini I Pad in backpack but I can use them on my phone or I Pad. Their may be easier ways to do it but this is what I do.

That or just buy a super cheap lap top for this purpose only.

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: Best Value SD Card Reader/App for Iphone [Re: TrackQuack] #8325651 07/20/21 12:39 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Thumper be right.

Re: Best Value SD Card Reader/App for Iphone [Re: TrackQuack] #8325660 07/20/21 12:47 AM
F
freerange Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Im far from an expert on this and im sure that everyones situation is different. Im not sure if it matters but we have almost 40 cameras between two leases and almost always when they get pulled they all get pulled. Then when convenient to sit down for an extended period to view, we will save what we want. Then those cards are finished and we use them the next go around when we pull again. At that time we erase them in the camera in just a few seconds.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Best Value SD Card Reader/App for Iphone [Re: TrackQuack] #8326269 07/20/21 04:07 PM
F
FoxTrot Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
I use a BoneView and use their app. Works just fine on my iPhone.

Originally Posted By: Chief Joe
I avoid Dick's and hope they fold.
Re: Best Value SD Card Reader/App for Iphone [Re: freerange] #8326285 07/20/21 04:16 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by freerange
Im far from an expert on this and im sure that everyones situation is different. Im not sure if it matters but we have almost 40 cameras between two leases and almost always when they get pulled they all get pulled. Then when convenient to sit down for an extended period to view, we will save what we want. Then those cards are finished and we use them the next go around when we pull again. At that time we erase them in the camera in just a few seconds.

I run around 30 cameras myself and I also typically just swap them all out at once but when Im hunting I like to sit in the stand and look at some of them if I pulled them that day to see what’s going on and if I made a poor stand decision lol. I will pull cards on the stand I’m sitting in at that time for sure and I look at them while waiting for prime time to arrive. During hunting season I like to know what bucks might have swapped up thr patterns as quick as possible and I can’t justify buying that many cell cameras or better yet I can’t afford them so I do what I can using the I Pad and Apple SD card adapter.

Re: Best Value SD Card Reader/App for Iphone [Re: Ol Thumper] #8326307 07/20/21 04:50 PM
F
freerange Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by Ol Thumper
Originally Posted by freerange

I run around 30 cameras myself and I also typically just swap them all out at once but when Im hunting I like to sit in the stand and look at some of them if I pulled them that day to see what’s going on and if I made a poor stand decision lol. I will pull cards on the stand I’m sitting in at that time for sure and I look at them while waiting for prime time to arrive. During hunting season I like to know what bucks might have swapped up thr patterns as quick as possible and I can’t justify buying that many cell cameras or better yet I can’t afford them so I do what I can using the I Pad and Apple SD card adapter.

Thanks for that Ol Thump. As I had said, everybody is different. I dont use them to look at pics so close to real time, but I can see how that would work for some.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide