Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Is Customer Service Gone? #8319763 07/13/21 04:58 PM
Ol Thumper Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
I’ve been curious what everyone else’s opinion on customer service is now? For the last several years it’s like nobody gives a crap anymore on taking care of their customers. I can’t for the life of me get any local companies these days to do anything they say they will do. Today’s issue is we’ve been waiting on a well known company for 4 months to install an irrigation system and paid half of the deposit months ago and they call to say they will be here on X day and I take off work and they don’t show up, they’ve done this twice inside of a week and they got offended I questioned them and was upset after loosing 2 days of work. I’m just about done with dealing with anyone and if I can’t do it myself I simply won’t have it done. The nut punch is this company was twice the price of the second bid and I went with these morons so I wouldn’t have these issues. Live and learn I guess,

Re: Is Customer Service Gone? [Re: Ol Thumper] #8319778 07/13/21 05:07 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Haven't had any problems with getting help with my water well., tree removal, yard work, and painting. My biggest problem was waiting all day for an eight to five man to show up.

Just luck of the draw.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Is Customer Service Gone? [Re: Ol Thumper] #8319792 07/13/21 05:20 PM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Been trying to get hail damage repaired on my truck since April. Body shop and insurance company have been no help, pointing finger at each other. 3 weeks to windshield replaced so I could drive it, 2 more weeks for estimate appointment 6 weeks for appointment to drop it off. Then yesterday at 4 they call to say don’t bring it for a few more days. Tried to get an estimate at another body shop today, they wouldn’t do it. Just said if you want it fixed you just have to leave it. And have an out of state trip planned at the end of August. Very frustrating.

Re: Is Customer Service Gone? [Re: 68rustbucket] #8319795 07/13/21 05:26 PM
T
TPACK Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
Been trying to get hail damage repaired on my truck since April. Body shop and insurance company have been no help, pointing finger at each other. 3 weeks to windshield replaced so I could drive it, 2 more weeks for estimate appointment 6 weeks for appointment to drop it off. Then yesterday at 4 they call to say don’t bring it for a few more days. Tried to get an estimate at another body shop today, they wouldn’t do it. Just said if you want it fixed you just have to leave it. And have an out of state trip planned at the end of August. Very frustrating.

That`s crazy. I went to get an estimate for paint-less dent repair and got mine in the next day. It took one day to fix all my dents and I had my truck back.

Re: Is Customer Service Gone? [Re: Ol Thumper] #8319796 07/13/21 05:27 PM
I
Indianation65 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
I
Customer service is hanging on by a thread in most today's industries.

It's not "gone," but it's well "hidden" with many companies.

...------

Re: Is Customer Service Gone? [Re: Ol Thumper] #8319802 07/13/21 05:31 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
For the most part all of them are the same nowadays. It is even more difficult to even get anyone to return a call that you are wanting to do some work or bid on a job in the day and age. I will say this, that back in Jan. I was on a ranch in the Hill Country and got in my truck to leave one morning. As I was walking to my truck I saw a dark oil spot under the rear end of my truck. On further inspection found the rear pinion seal leaking and oil spray all over the underside of my truck. It was a Monday morning at daylight and not sure how bad it was or much oil had leaked out, I decided to call a Ford Dealership. Called 3 that were close and got a person to answer a call at Mclane Ford in Fredericksburg at about 7:20 am or so. They were not even open but the lady answered and was taking my message to have someone return my call when a service manager walked in. She gave him the phone and he said to bring it in. They not only checked it but replaced the seal and had me on the road before 11 am that morning.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Is Customer Service Gone? [Re: Ol Thumper] #8319853 07/13/21 06:19 PM
R
reeltexan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

no problems here much

during the Dreaded 19 year, I had to wait almost three months to get glass installed on the new shower but it was because the glass company didn't have enough employees coming to work............you know.........just like NOW.

bang

[Linked Image]

"Give me an Army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle... Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war." - General Patton

Re: Is Customer Service Gone? [Re: Ol Thumper] #8319859 07/13/21 06:29 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Good customer service still exists, it's just not as common as bad customer service.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Is Customer Service Gone? [Re: Ol Thumper] #8319867 07/13/21 06:39 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Ol Thumper
I’ve been curious what everyone else’s opinion on customer service is now? For the last several years it’s like nobody gives a crap anymore on taking care of their customers. I can’t for the life of me get any local companies these days to do anything they say they will do. Today’s issue is we’ve been waiting on a well known company for 4 months to install an irrigation system and paid half of the deposit months ago and they call to say they will be here on X day and I take off work and they don’t show up, they’ve done this twice inside of a week and they got offended I questioned them and was upset after loosing 2 days of work. I’m just about done with dealing with anyone and if I can’t do it myself I simply won’t have it done. The nut punch is this company was twice the price of the second bid and I went with these morons so I wouldn’t have these issues. Live and learn I guess,

Request a refund and move on. "Do what you say you're going to do", plain and simple!

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Is Customer Service Gone? [Re: Ol Thumper] #8319904 07/13/21 07:10 PM
L
LonestarCobra Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
A few places I can get good service, others, not so much. Being a service provider myself, I naturally judge others service against mine. I have come to the realization that we provide a level of service that is uncommon these days, and if we did not, we would be replaced by another vendor. Several factors are involved on what a consumer is willing to put up with to use a certain product or service.

Re: Is Customer Service Gone? [Re: J.G.] #8319906 07/13/21 07:11 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by FiremanJG
Good customer service still exists, it's just not as common as bad customer service.

True, only had 1 of 4 real estate agents return my call to list my lake house.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Is Customer Service Gone? [Re: Ol Thumper] #8319908 07/13/21 07:12 PM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I had a good experience today! Talked to imaging center about an x ray appointment. They said not needed it’s just walk in. I asked when the slow time was and nurse said it wasn’t busy now. Really wasn’t planning on run over right that second, but got a call from the same nurse a couple minutes later to tell me the X-ray tech just left for lunch and wouldn’t be back til 1:30. I told her I really appreciated the call, and said thank you. I was impressed, it made my day.

Re: Is Customer Service Gone? [Re: 68rustbucket] #8319944 07/13/21 07:47 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
I had a good experience today! Talked to imaging center about an x ray appointment. They said not needed it’s just walk in. I asked when the slow time was and nurse said it wasn’t busy now. Really wasn’t planning on run over right that second, but got a call from the same nurse a couple minutes later to tell me the X-ray tech just left for lunch and wouldn’t be back til 1:30. I told her I really appreciated the call, and said thank you. I was impressed, it made my day.

Little stuff like that would make my day too. Im in the corner with the customer service is almost a thing of the past. When I get the kind of service that i feel used to be the norm i really notice it and sometimes take time to let the people know. After owning my own business i understand how hard it can be to get and keep someones business. I just dont understand why so many cant take care of what is expected/needed/wanted.
Here I go getting lengthy but this really is a pet peave issue I have. I had a waitress many decades ago that would be sure to set a beer bottle or ketchup bottle down with the label facing the customer. That was an early on lesson I learned about the details of taking care of some one you serve. Recently, after a lifetime of restaurant experience from both sides, I noticed a waitress pour a little out of a tea pitcher before refilling mine. Never seen that so I asked her about. She said the ice melts and pools on top and she didnt want me getting watered down tea. She had no idea I was watching her, so she really just CARED about going the extra mile. Yes, customer service is fading away, and I miss it.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Is Customer Service Gone? [Re: Ol Thumper] #8319967 07/13/21 08:11 PM
S
SherpaPhil Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
During the winter storm, the rolling blackouts fried the controller for my tankless water heater. I called the company, Rheem, and told them what the issue was. The lady on the phone talked me through how to bypass the controller and get it to work for a few days while she shipped me a replacement at no charge. To say I was impressed was quite an understatement.

Other end of the spectrum, I told my pool guy LAST July that I wanted a heater installed. Still waiting on that...

Re: Is Customer Service Gone? [Re: Ol Thumper] #8319999 07/13/21 08:37 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Taking off work and having them no-show has to be the worst. They are disrespecting your need to make a living. Idiots.

Our business never had the luxury of everyone just clamoring to buy our product. There were plenty of competitors busting their hump to sell to the same customer. I've recently ordered a blind from one feed store and some feeders from a manufacturer. 'Must be nice having customers lining up to buy from you, even though all of your employees are totally clueless and would starve to death in a competitive market. Let's face it, a lot of folks in the hunting products arena couldn't make it 6 months in a lot of other industries. ('Same thing goes for pharmaceuticals. bolt)

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Is Customer Service Gone? [Re: Ol Thumper] #8320158 07/13/21 10:26 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Walmart customer service in action. https://www.fox6now.com/news/woman-attacked-by-walmart-worker-speaks-out

Woman attacked by Walmart worker speaks out: 'She went crazy'
By Angélica SanchezPublished 1 day agoCrime and Public SafetyFOX6 News Milwaukee

70-year-old woman attacked by Walmart worker
A 70-year-old woman says she was beaten by a Mount Pleasant Walmart employee – and now she is speaking out.

MOUNT PLEASANT, Wis. - A 70-year-old woman says she was beaten by a Mount Pleasant Walmart employee – and now she is speaking out. Walmart says the employee in this incident has been suspended. But the victim says Walmart is not doing enough.

"Would you ever in a million years expect some young Walmart employee to beat up a 70-year-old?" asked P.K. Shader.

But that is exactly what Racine County authorities say happened inside a Mount Pleasant Walmart.

"You don’t realize how this, after a while, starts to affect how you live," Shader said.

It has been a trying time for Shader. Her face is covered in bruises. Below the surface, she has lost a sense of security. Sitting next to her attorney, Shader told FOX6 News she was shopping inside Walmart last Thursday. Two checkout lines were long. She went to customer service to see if they could open up one more lane.

"The young woman I dealt with started yelling at me, asking if I wanted to work there; if I needed a job there," Shader said.

Shader decided to speak with a manager.

"Do you let her talk to all your customers like that? And the manager didn’t say a word," Shader said.

Shader wanted to report the employee to corporate.

"Lo and behold, she’s walking right towards me and I snap a picture – and she went crazy," Shader said.

The employee, identified by authorities as 17-year-old Jazareia Velasquez, is charged with aggravated battery to an elderly person and disorderly conduct.

In a statement, Walmart said the 17-year-old is suspended – and they are assisting law enforcement in the investigation.

"I think the employee should be fired," said Carl Ricciardi, Shader's attorney. "They have to take seriously their duty to work with their employees so this never happens again."

Shader told FOX6 News multiple employees watched the assault. Only one pulled the suspect away. Shader said she called 911 because no one else did.

The 17-year-old is due back in court for a preliminary hearing. It is not immediately clear who her attorney on record will be. She has been ordered to have no contact with the victim in this case.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Is Customer Service Gone? [Re: Ol Thumper] #8320167 07/13/21 10:31 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Not gone. Just redefined by liberal ideology. yingyang

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: Is Customer Service Gone? [Re: Ol Thumper] #8320211 07/13/21 11:10 PM
B
Biscuit Online Shocked
THF Celebrity
Online Shocked
THF Celebrity
B
Been gone

Re: Is Customer Service Gone? [Re: Ol Thumper] #8320327 07/14/21 12:42 AM
R
rogerh Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
R
It sux for sure ,everyone I deal with blames it on covid. My azz

Re: Is Customer Service Gone? [Re: Ol Thumper] #8320351 07/14/21 12:59 AM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Lots of failing businesses are gonna ride Covid as long as they can. They're automated phone messages are pitiful. "'Can't see you ...covid. Remember, we can't meet with you in person right now." It'll be the same message a year from now.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Is Customer Service Gone? [Re: Ol Thumper] #8320413 07/14/21 02:08 AM
G
gtrich94 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
G
Customer service is worse today than in the past, but customers today are a lot bigger pita’s than they were in the past as well. Now everyone is a Google expert who will happily get up in your face and tell you exact how things should be done. I worked customer support for years and there is no way I could deal with the customers of today. The lack of manners and respect flows both ways.

Thanks,
Rich
Re: Is Customer Service Gone? [Re: J.G.] #8320424 07/14/21 02:20 AM
L
LoneStarSon Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L

Re: Is Customer Service Gone? [Re: gtrich94] #8320452 07/14/21 02:44 AM
R
RayBob Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
Originally Posted by gtrich94
Customer service is worse today than in the past, but customers today are a lot bigger pita’s than they were in the past as well. Now everyone is a Google expert who will happily get up in your face and tell you exact how things should be done. I worked customer support for years and there is no way I could deal with the customers of today. The lack of manners and respect flows both ways.

Pretty good summation on the "Google expert". Being in healthcare for 30 years I've had more than one family get in my face to tell my what Dr. Google had to say.

Re: Is Customer Service Gone? [Re: Ol Thumper] #8320458 07/14/21 02:48 AM
R
Ranch Dawg Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Answer. Yes .

THE ROAD GOES ON FOREVER AND THE PARTY NEVER ENDS.

F##K YOU JOE BIDEN !!!!!
Re: Is Customer Service Gone? [Re: J.G.] #8320547 07/14/21 11:16 AM
T
TEXASLEFTY Online Content
THF Whiskey Sommelier
Online Content
THF Whiskey Sommelier
T

Correct

Originally Posted by Chunky Monkey
Never been to a camping world. I prefer Dick's to be honest.
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide