Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: For the city folk. [Re: John2] #8315838 07/08/21 08:55 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
The smallest places in my area are on the county road south of me, off the FM. Beautiful drive, lots of flowing creek crossings, sheer bluffs, but lots of people.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: For the city folk. [Re: Sewer rat] #8315844 07/08/21 09:00 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Sewer rat
Originally Posted by BigfootWallace
City people are so dumb they build a house 10 miles from the nearest store but 25 ft from another house. See it everyday around here...

Ain't this the truth. I live about 6 miles from town on 27 acres. House is centered as best it can be to be away from property lines and neighbors. There used to be very few houses out here but they are building them like crazy around us now. As you said it boggles my mind how close to each other they are building them or how close they are building them to the road.

If you can't take a leak off your front porch in the middle of the day you might as well live in town.

Lots of reasons for lots of things. A driveway to the middle of my property would cost me $20,000 more than it cost me already.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: For the city folk. [Re: John2] #8315848 07/08/21 09:06 PM
glens Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I'm almost downtown and pee off my porch. These Guys don't care. Wife's pets.[Linked Image]

Re: For the city folk. [Re: S.A. hunter] #8315864 07/08/21 09:21 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
Is there one of these for country folks when they move to the city?

Country folks don't park your car in front of your house and proceed to let it rust.

Country folks don't piss on the side of your house.

County folks don't come out of your house in your boxers to check what your dog is barking at.

County folks don't shoot coons off of your deck, because there are homes nearby.

Ect......ect......ect....

No need. Country folks don’t move to the city

Re: For the city folk. [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #8315871 07/08/21 09:25 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by rolyat.nosaj
At dinner my daughter asked me 'how many teeth do humans have?' I told her that I need more information, are we talking about city folk or country folk?

I’d like to take the average of city of Dallas vs the town I live in..

Re: For the city folk. [Re: John2] #8315876 07/08/21 09:30 PM
O
oldrancher Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
O
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Years ago, at a place on 290, just east of Fredericksburg, apparently someone driving by reported the skinny horses as abused. The guy got so pissed, he had a big vinyl sign made up and tied it to his fence. It explained how horses get old and no matter how much hay you put out, they're gonna get drawn down. It closed by telling folks to go back to the city and mind their own dam business. roflmao

Poor bastard. That was just the beginning for that area. I have no desire to go back and see how it's "progressed".

He sold that property and now there is a bank going in, a Harley dealership and a Salt Lick Bar-B-Que restaurant. Fredericksburg is so screwed up now that it is unrecognizable. Our unique little area has been discovered and will never recover. If the roots weren't so deep on our place I would do like Creekrunner and go west, far west. Our place has been in the family since 1855 so the roots are deep and hard to leave. The kids may sell out after I'm gone but that's ok. I won't know it so it doesn't matter. My neighbors are all new comers but are good people so it isn't too bad but our county road is busy with motorcycles, car clubs, bicycles (UGH) the worst entitled and rudest people on the road, looky looers, wine tour buses and littler, lots of litter. The local paper letters to the editor are full of move-in Karens wanting to make Fredericksburg run like a HOA. Yeap, its "progressed" alright.

Re: For the city folk. [Re: John2] #8315885 07/08/21 09:41 PM
T
tenyearsgone Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted by John2
For all these city folks moving out here to the country what should be added ?.
The ants and the mice lived in the field where your house now sits. To them, you are the intruder.
Don’t bring your dogs unless you ask. Donkeys will kill dogs to protect their land.
Do not dump your trash on undeveloped land,raw land or land under construction.
Quit trying to change the country into city if you wanted City rules then why did you move to the country.
Mind your own business. What happens on my side of the fence is my business.
Explain to your kids what farm land means. Crops grow there. Keep your ATV’s off of it.
We moved here for peace and quiet,stop saying how we need grocery stores and restaurants!
Move back to where you came from if you want all that!
People's livestock are not a photo op nor a free petting zoo for your kids.
Don't stop your car and let your kids climb through the fence because they
want to see the cows up-close.
Animals are loud and have sex outdoors so get used to it.
Did I miss anything ?

Don't move here. Stay in the city.

Re: For the city folk. [Re: oldrancher] #8315889 07/08/21 09:44 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by oldrancher
Years ago, at a place on 290, just east of Fredericksburg, apparently someone driving by reported the skinny horses as abused. The guy got so pissed, he had a big vinyl sign made up and tied it to his fence. It explained how horses get old and no matter how much hay you put out, they're gonna get drawn down. It closed by telling folks to go back to the city and mind their own dam business. roflmao

Poor bastard. That was just the beginning for that area. I have no desire to go back and see how it's "progressed".

He sold that property and now there is a bank going in, a Harley dealership and a Salt Lick Bar-B-Que restaurant. Fredericksburg is so screwed up now that it is unrecognizable. Our unique little area has been discovered and will never recover. If the roots weren't so deep on our place I would do like Creekrunner and go west, far west. Our place has been in the family since 1855 so the roots are deep and hard to leave. The kids may sell out after I'm gone but that's ok. I won't know it so it doesn't matter. My neighbors are all new comers but are good people so it isn't too bad but our county road is busy with motorcycles, car clubs, bicycles (UGH) the worst entitled and rudest people on the road, looky looers, wine tour buses and littler, lots of litter. The local paper letters to the editor are full of move-in Karens wanting to make Fredericksburg run like a HOA. Yeap, its "progressed" alright.

You and yours are welcome out to the ranch at any time, to see how you like it! A guy I know (an acquaintance) at church bought a good-sized ranch behind the hospital in Junction, right at the edge of the "city", with views down on that thriving metropolis. He owns lots...and lots of investment land around places. 'Very hard to believe Junction would ever be "discovered", roflmao , but I hear Mason finally has been, so, you never know. up As I always say, people like makin' babies, and they grow up and have to live somewhere.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: For the city folk. [Re: John2] #8315920 07/08/21 10:19 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
That is a kind offer Creek. cheers

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: For the city folk. [Re: John2] #8315938 07/08/21 10:46 PM
D
Dustnsand Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Don't stop and go in a farmers field to take pictures in the pretty sunflowers or cotton, or whatever else is out there or take corn or cotton plants for your decorations. You are trespassing and stealing.

That's not based on where you live but what you do when you are driving in the country perhaps.

Last edited by z71dustin; 07/08/21 10:47 PM.
Re: For the city folk. [Re: bill oxner] #8315941 07/08/21 10:53 PM
T
TPACK Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted by bill oxner
I'm out. You will not catch me posting on this thread. bolt

You posted 4 times Bill. Look it up !

Re: For the city folk. [Re: TPACK] #8315943 07/08/21 10:57 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by TPACK

Lots of people get EXTREMELY pissed off when you remind them of things they said they would, or wouldn't, do ( and they didn't or did do it). roflmao

His post count is his "legacy". I have grand children. bolt

Re: For the city folk. [Re: John2] #8315968 07/08/21 11:37 PM
Payne Online Shocked
Cat Herder
Online Shocked
Cat Herder
skinny jeans kill the swimmers....

[Linked Image]
Re: For the city folk. [Re: TPACK] #8315974 07/08/21 11:48 PM
P
Poppa Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
P

lol

Re: For the city folk. [Re: John2] #8316026 07/09/21 01:37 AM
P
pnh Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
You're in the country when you have to own your own tomcat.

Character is what you do when nobody's looking.
Re: For the city folk. [Re: John2] #8316028 07/09/21 01:44 AM
R
reeltexan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R

Go on, you dang fool, I ain’t in no hurry.

[Linked Image]

"Give me an Army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle... Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war." - General Patton

Re: For the city folk. [Re: txtrophy85] #8316032 07/09/21 01:51 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
Originally Posted by Hudbone

Yeah, when the city boys started buying up places near Luckenbach, it spelled doom for Fritztown.

The hipsters ruined the area. It started with Hondo Crouch and his hippie commune he created.

Now it’s hipsters with more money moving in. They like to have their cake and eat it too and will have both. Fredericksburg and the surrounding area as we knew it is now a footnote in history. Texas is filling up fast boys Agreed.

Also, Willie Nelson sucks
Don't touch my Willie.

Re: For the city folk. [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #8316034 07/09/21 01:52 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by rolyat.nosaj
At dinner my daughter asked me 'how many teeth do humans have?' I told her that I need more information, are we talking about city folk or country folk?

Eat [censored].

Re: For the city folk. [Re: John2] #8316045 07/09/21 02:08 AM
J.G. Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
No waterline on the road has helped me.

It will be installed one day, and here they come. I had hoped I built my forever home, but I fear I may sell it one day, because the people moved in and pissed me off.

The buyer will pay dearly.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: For the city folk. [Re: Dustnsand] #8316053 07/09/21 02:16 AM
D
deerfeeder Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by z71dustin
Don't stop and go in a farmers field to take pictures in the pretty sunflowers or cotton, or whatever else is out there or take corn or cotton plants for your decorations. You are trespassing and stealing.

That's not based on where you live but what you do when you are driving in the country perhaps.

This reminds me of down in the Valley. There are still some farming areas down there on the old Military Road which goes to Brownsville. Every year when the snowbirds come down from up north you will see some of them with their probably $120K + pickup truck and RV trailer out in the fields stealing carrots or whatever.

Re: For the city folk. [Re: John2] #8316099 07/09/21 03:34 AM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
I grew up small, small town. Moved to Atlanta then Houston. When retirement comes, I am going back to a small town.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: For the city folk. [Re: redchevy] #8316133 07/09/21 04:27 AM
S
Sewer rat Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted by redchevy
Originally Posted by Sewer rat
Originally Posted by BigfootWallace
City people are so dumb they build a house 10 miles from the nearest store but 25 ft from another house. See it everyday around here...

Ain't this the truth. I live about 6 miles from town on 27 acres. House is centered as best it can be to be away from property lines and neighbors. There used to be very few houses out here but they are building them like crazy around us now. As you said it boggles my mind how close to each other they are building them or how close they are building them to the road.

If you can't take a leak off your front porch in the middle of the day you might as well live in town.

Lots of reasons for lots of things. A driveway to the middle of my property would cost me $20,000 more than it cost me already.

I would gladly spend that or even much more not to be right next to another house or a busy road. We bought the lot next to us for 100k a year ago just so we wouldn’t have neighbors there. I have no use or plans for it just didn’t want a house there.

Re: For the city folk. [Re: John2] #8316210 07/09/21 12:05 PM
D
Dave Davidson Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Guess I’m both. Started out on a farm/ranch somewhere close to Muleshoe. But the USAF put me in computers so, after 4 years, I wound up in a Fort Worth suburb. That was 1968. Not a bad place to be in those days. I still live in Hurst but it’s certainly not the same place.

About 35 or so years ago, I bought junk land, 133 acres, just South of Bowie, for $415 per acre. Nothing on it and no road through it. Have my poor white trash trailer house, water well, out buildings, shipping container, stock tanks, tractors, 4 wheelers etc. It’s taken awhile and I need to clear branches from what passes for a road. Got rid of the cows so fences are no longer my problem.

Now retired but can’t move there. Like a lot of smaller towns, not much medical stuff. Has a hospital but doctors can’t make much of a living in small towns so would have to hope you could make it to Hospital in Decatur if you get hurt badly, have heart problems, etc. But, it does have a big Walmart that draws shoppers from quite a ways. Heading there in a couple of hours.

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: For the city folk. [Re: bill oxner] #8316283 07/09/21 01:07 PM
K
Ktexas14 Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
K
Many are city boys who moved to the country. I am a ountry boy who moved to the city and was called back to the country by my heart and soul.

Nothing about Katy is "the country"

You live in a subdivision on a big lot. We have seen the pictures.

Re: For the city folk. [Re: John2] #8316317 07/09/21 01:32 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
People who live in a large-lot subdivision and think they're in the country cause problems. We had renters for a couple of years in front of us. One holiday weekend, the kids got on ATVs and road round, and round, and round their house, all day, like they were on a dirt track back at the trailer park. The guy had every big-boy toy known to man...and the personality of a dead duck.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide