Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Games people play? #8284976 06/04/21 08:40 PM
hetman Offline OP
"Trash Master"
OP Offline
"Trash Master"
when you are not shooting skeet/trap/sporting clays on a course?

2 or more shooters' & rules to play by:

we call it - Louisiana grab [censored] or Chips

skeet throws - 1st shooter breaks then 2 nd shooter has to pick up a piece - if 2nd shooter scores he gets 1st shot on following skeet or if he misses the 2nd shot it go's back to the 1st shooter to break the skeet first - or if you have extra shooters who ever misses first get bumped & a new shooter steps up and starts in the 2nd shot position

what other games yall play for fun?

[Linked Image]

"Lesser mortals are pitied for the misfortune in not being born Texan."

Re: Games people play? [Re: hetman] #8284995 06/04/21 08:58 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Don't play any games, but Annie Oakley could win the first one.

[Linked Image]

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Games people play? [Re: hetman] #8285014 06/04/21 09:12 PM
P_102 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by hetman

skeet throws - 1st shooter breaks then 2 nd shooter has to pick up a piece - if 2nd shooter scores he gets 1st shot on following skeet or if he misses the 2nd shot it go's back to the 1st shooter to break the skeet first - or if you have extra shooters who ever misses first get bumped & a new shooter steps up and starts in the 2nd shot position

Did this as teams on station 4 of a skeet field. Team stands shoulder to shoulder, man on left takes the high bird first, man on right takes the low bird first, partner takes a piece left...total 4 points for high and low bird. Good money game when you’re on the road at a shoot with not much else to do.

Do not trifle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Re: Games people play? [Re: hetman] #8285453 06/05/21 02:12 PM
hetman Offline OP
"Trash Master"
OP Offline
"Trash Master"
Did this as teams on station 4 of a skeet field. Team stands shoulder to shoulder, man on left takes the high bird first, man on right takes the low bird first, partner takes a piece left...total 4 points for high and low bird. Good money game when you’re on the road at a shoot with not much else to do.

P_102 -That sounds like a good game also!!!!!!!!!!! elmer

Don't play any games, but Annie Oakley could win the first one.

Bill - the game i described I have also heard it called Annie Oakley, who knows maybe she started it
slinger

[Linked Image]

"Lesser mortals are pitied for the misfortune in not being born Texan."

Re: Games people play? [Re: hetman] #8287538 06/07/21 04:56 PM
T
TLew Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted by hetman

We call it pieces but we keep going till there is nothing left or the remnants hit the ground. Fun little game out in a field

Re: Games people play? [Re: hetman] #8310611 07/02/21 01:55 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Not shotgun but with 22’s my son and I would set out water bottles at 10 yard increments and take turn shooting. kind of like the game of HORSE. We would shoot from different positions or supports.

Another thing we would do was to set out plastic forks. Poke them in the ground with the tines up. We would call a fork and which tine on the fork to hit. We would take turns, one shot per turn until that tine was hit. Then that person got to call the next shot.

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: Games people play? [Re: hetman] #8311425 07/03/21 12:42 PM
B
Biscuit Online Shocked
THF Celebrity
Online Shocked
THF Celebrity
B
Sounds great

Re: Games people play? [Re: hetman] #8312977 07/05/21 06:45 PM
F
fredgus Online Content
Bird Dog
Online Content
Bird Dog
F
its really fun with small guage pump guns i really think it helps make you a better bird shooter you have to react to the piece

Re: Games people play? [Re: hetman] #8312978 07/05/21 06:46 PM
F
fredgus Online Content
Bird Dog
Online Content
Bird Dog
F
we always called it cajun doubles

Re: Games people play? [Re: hetman] #8313113 07/05/21 09:43 PM
218 Bee Offline
Tracker
Tracker

A few of us developed this at the old Hill Country Gun Club between Fredericksburg and Kerrville back in the '80s:

Standard American skeet course. Shooter steps onto Station One and loads two shells and signifies "ready" by closing the action and holding the gun at low ready. Trapper (at HIS discretion) throws two targets (a high single, low single or pair). Any delay of launching and order of targets thrown is at the sole discretion of the trapper. Four birds from Stations 1,2,6 & 7. Two birds from 3,4,5 & 8. Doubles are OF COURSE allowed at all stations.

If the trapper knows the other shooters on the squad, they are free (and expected) to prey on any/all shooter weaknesses. For reasons that soon become painfully obvious, we named the game "GOTCHA".

One afternoon, I was shooting "Gotcha" with a group of friends and happened to be holding the controller when another shooter on the squad stepped onto Station 4. He loaded his gun, got ready and swung the action closed. He was used to my delaying (a normal tactic!) but I REALLY "drug my feet". When he was visibly vibrating waiting for the bird(s), I said (to no one in particular), "What the heck is wrong with this thing?". Of course, my buddy relaxed and swiveled his head around to see what the problem was...and I immediately launched a pair. Hearing the traps, he snapped his head back around and brought his gun up...but only managed to break one of the pair. As he ejected his spent hulls, I quietly said "Gotcha!".

Mark

[Linked Image]

"I always take care to fire into the nearest hillside and, lacking that, into darkness". - the late Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
Re: Games people play? [Re: hetman] #8352679 08/15/21 11:29 PM
B
brokenpole Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
We call it monkey

Re: Games people play? [Re: hetman] #8455027 11/21/21 03:39 AM
P
PiePuncher Offline
Tracker
Tracker
P
We like to play knockout.. we alternate who's shooting first with one machine throwing clays on random. If the first person misses their shot, second shooter gets a chance to steal the point. We play to 10 and must win by 2. "Don't miss" loads of fun and make sure to play at a distance or use .410

Same game as op

Last edited by PiePuncher; 11/21/21 03:45 AM.
Re: Games people play? [Re: hetman] #8458895 11/25/21 03:53 PM
R
RobertY Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
We like to reenact things we do in the dove field when we're throwing at our private ranch/property. Here's some of the different challenges:

- Shooter must sit in chair, holding a beverage, shotgun across lap. After the call, you have to set the beverage down without spilling, stand, kill bird
- Shooter calls the bird, but gun only has round loaded in magazine. Load, kill bird
- Gun on tailgate, shooter facing toward front of truck, another shooter calls the bird. Shooter has to turn around, identify and kill bird
- Shooter standing, no shells in gun, call for bird, load one, shoot

Theres more I can't think of but that's an example of ways we mix it up. Again, its at our private property so obviously not something you'd do at a range.

Re: Games people play? [Re: hetman] #8561751 03/22/22 02:24 AM
H
HTXdude123 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
We play a game called baseball. As many shooters as you want but only two shoot at a time. First shooter gets first shot. As soon as they fire the second shooter gets to fire. If the first shooter misses and second misses, its a fair ball. If first misses and second hits, its a strike for first shooter. If first hits and leaves a piece large enough for the second to hit, and the second hits it, its a strike for first shooter. This continues down the line with the second becoming first and so on and so forth. Strikes are kept track of. Keep playing until only one player is left. Of course three strikes just like baseball. Go Astros.. Works best on private land where there is room and you can set up the clay thrower where you want. Ideally it is a sporting clays style shot crossing or angling away but not directly like trap.

Last edited by HTXdude123; 03/22/22 02:25 AM.

Keep it Safe, Keep it Clean, Aim High.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide