Forums46
Topics537,948
Posts9,730,965
Members87,051
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Judge Throws Out Lawsuit Brought By Hospital Workers Over Covid Vaccine Mandate #8293929 06/14/21 03:37 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
N

Re: Judge Throws Out Lawsuit Brought By Hospital Workers Over Covid Vaccine Mandate [Re: ntxtrapper] #8293932 06/14/21 03:46 AM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
I think that is BS

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Judge Throws Out Lawsuit Brought By Hospital Workers Over Covid Vaccine Mandate [Re: ntxtrapper] #8293936 06/14/21 03:55 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
I think a business should be allowed to do as it pleases. Free market. I also think all of those employees should walk, or at least strike. That’s how things get done. That will hit them where it hurts and really send a message.

I just wonder how the judge would respond if the hospital were requiring its employees to do something else equally as risky as taking that vaccine, and equally as unnecessary.

Re: Judge Throws Out Lawsuit Brought By Hospital Workers Over Covid Vaccine Mandate [Re: ntxtrapper] #8293937 06/14/21 03:57 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
They are appealing it so I'm guessing the Fifth Circuit will decide. The local news said they all get fired next week though.

Re: Judge Throws Out Lawsuit Brought By Hospital Workers Over Covid Vaccine Mandate [Re: ntxtrapper] #8293975 06/14/21 05:30 AM
M
MR5Hunter Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
BS for sure. I have a a bad feeling first responders, govt and essential workers will be forced to do so

Re: Judge Throws Out Lawsuit Brought By Hospital Workers Over Covid Vaccine Mandate [Re: ntxtrapper] #8294082 06/14/21 01:03 PM
D
Dry Fire Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
I work for a hospital. Our new hiring policy requires vaccination as a condition of hiring. Contract employees are not allowed on site without proof of vaccination (you can't get a Visitor's badge without proof). Current employees will not receive future benefits (bonus or meritorious pay increase) without a valid (medical or religious) exemption.

coffee spelled backwards is eeffoc. I don't give eeffoc until I have my morning coffee.
Re: Judge Throws Out Lawsuit Brought By Hospital Workers Over Covid Vaccine Mandate [Re: ntxtrapper] #8294094 06/14/21 01:13 PM
B
bigjoe8565 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
The company I work for keeps saying they’re not going to require you to get the vax. I don’t believe them and think they’ll eventually require you to take the shot. Even though the shot doesn’t stop you from catching it or spreading they want you to shut up and get the shot. Simply amazing.

Re: Judge Throws Out Lawsuit Brought By Hospital Workers Over Covid Vaccine Mandate [Re: Dry Fire] #8294108 06/14/21 01:18 PM
B
Biscuit Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Dry Fire
I work for a hospital. Our new hiring policy requires vaccination as a condition of hiring. Contract employees are not allowed on site without proof of vaccination (you can't get a Visitor's badge without proof). Current employees will not receive future benefits (bonus or meritorious pay increase) without a valid (medical or religious) exemption.

Interesting shift

Re: Judge Throws Out Lawsuit Brought By Hospital Workers Over Covid Vaccine Mandate [Re: ntxtrapper] #8294114 06/14/21 01:20 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
I dont understand forcing people into a vaccine trial of experimental vaccines. If I heard correctly this is the first time mrna has been used in a vaccine...... I would walk if I was an employee.

Re: Judge Throws Out Lawsuit Brought By Hospital Workers Over Covid Vaccine Mandate [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #8294135 06/14/21 01:31 PM
P
pdr55 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER
I think that is BS

^^^THIS^^^

If you`re running down my country, man,
You`re walking on the fighting side of me. (Merle)
Re: Judge Throws Out Lawsuit Brought By Hospital Workers Over Covid Vaccine Mandate [Re: ntxtrapper] #8294290 06/14/21 04:26 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
While i think it is stupid to require employees to get something, the orecedent has been set in the medical
Community for a long time. I dont know the history of every vax to know of they were required as an FDA approved vax or if any others are still considered experimental or not, it doesn’t matter as much to me. There are industries that require certain things: linemen need to wear harnesses when working, and other examples of OSHA required safety protocols that the medical field does in the form of vaccines. Dont want to vax then dont work in the field. The nature of america, because these companies know as soon as somethinf bad happens they will be sued, also the nature of america.

Having said that, the mRNA aspect is nothing to fear. mRNA does nothing but create protein and those proteins are made to simulate the spike protein found on the virus. If the mRNA aspect freaks anyone out, then get the J&J one which uses actual virus and not mRNA….

Re: Judge Throws Out Lawsuit Brought By Hospital Workers Over Covid Vaccine Mandate [Re: Texas buckeye] #8294292 06/14/21 04:32 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
While i think it is stupid to require employees to get something, the orecedent has been set in the medical
Community for a long time. I dont know the history of every vax to know of they were required as an FDA approved vax or if any others are still considered experimental or not, it doesn’t matter as much to me. There are industries that require certain things: linemen need to wear harnesses when working, and other examples of OSHA required safety protocols that the medical field does in the form of vaccines. Dont want to vax then dont work in the field. The nature of america, because these companies know as soon as somethinf bad happens they will be sued, also the nature of america.

Having said that, the mRNA aspect is nothing to fear. mRNA does nothing but create protein and those proteins are made to simulate the spike protein found on the virus. If the mRNA aspect freaks anyone out, then get the J&J one which uses actual virus and not mRNA….

Safety equipment isn't experimental...... come on TB

Here are some insulated gloves..... they work most of the time.....come on TB

J&J was causing blood clots.......? Come on TB

Last edited by S.A. hunter; 06/14/21 04:40 PM.
Re: Judge Throws Out Lawsuit Brought By Hospital Workers Over Covid Vaccine Mandate [Re: ntxtrapper] #8294302 06/14/21 04:46 PM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
How about not get either one and say I did y'all feel safer now?

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: Judge Throws Out Lawsuit Brought By Hospital Workers Over Covid Vaccine Mandate [Re: ntxtrapper] #8294337 06/14/21 05:27 PM
N
nsmike Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Both vaccines that use mRNA technology, have applied for full approval, their experimental status is temporary. While I agree that you shouldn't require people to take an experimental vaccine that argument will soon be moot.

for every stereotype there's a prototype don't be the prototype
Re: Judge Throws Out Lawsuit Brought By Hospital Workers Over Covid Vaccine Mandate [Re: ntxtrapper] #8294380 06/14/21 06:03 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
It is now mostly over in my area. I don't understand why some are still wearing mask at sporting events.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Judge Throws Out Lawsuit Brought By Hospital Workers Over Covid Vaccine Mandate [Re: ntxtrapper] #8294389 06/14/21 06:12 PM
S
Smokey Bear Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
While I have not been vaccinated, this is a slippery slope. When you work for another man, you trade an agreed upon compensation for work done to the employer’s guidelines. Once you are paid, all accounts are square. Nobody is being forced to work there and nobody is being forced to get vaccinated. Each employee has the freedom to step down on whichever side of the fence they want to. The only way you get to decide the terms of employment is to work for yourself. This lawsuit was more about entitlement than vaccination.

Smokey Bear---Lone Star State.
Re: Judge Throws Out Lawsuit Brought By Hospital Workers Over Covid Vaccine Mandate [Re: S.A. hunter] #8294398 06/14/21 06:23 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter

So safety equipment always works, 100% of the time? Isnt evey event using safety equipment an “experiment” in that equipments quality and knowledge of use?

J&J caused a couple clots on fertile females, a known population to cause clots, and the bumbers were way below 1:1,00,000. For men, there was no clotting risk. I told both my girls to get a different vax but i wouod be very comfortable with J&J for myself.

The other option for these folks being “mandated” to take a vax is find a job that doesn’t require a vax. Pretty simple in my mind. Or open a business themselves and dont require it. That’s what i have going, but then again, small businesses in the us closed at rapid pace during covid and medical private practices around the country are closing rapidly due to increased govt burden completely Unrelated to covid and vaccines….but small business operation isnt for everyone. Some people just want to work and get a paycheck, and tell their employer how to run their business
confused2

Re: Judge Throws Out Lawsuit Brought By Hospital Workers Over Covid Vaccine Mandate [Re: ntxtrapper] #8294423 06/14/21 06:57 PM
J
jmac24 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
We don't require our employees to get the vaccine and don't plan to require it. However, we do expect you to do your job and that typically requires you to be in the office. We had some work from home last year if they were not comfortable and those that did typically did not meet agreed upon targets. The other thing is that most of us are also owners in this company, so getting the job done has a little extra meaning.

Re: Judge Throws Out Lawsuit Brought By Hospital Workers Over Covid Vaccine Mandate [Re: jmac24] #8294425 06/14/21 07:03 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by jmac24
We don't require our employees to get the vaccine and don't plan to require it. However, we do expect you to do your job and that typically requires you to be in the office. We had some work from home last year if they were not comfortable and those that did typically did not meet agreed upon targets. The other thing is that most of us are also owners in this company, so getting the job done has a little extra meaning.

The way it should be.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Judge Throws Out Lawsuit Brought By Hospital Workers Over Covid Vaccine Mandate [Re: Smokey Bear] #8294470 06/14/21 08:10 PM
B
bassfishinglawyer Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Smokey Bear
While I have not been vaccinated, this is a slippery slope. When you work for another man, you trade an agreed upon compensation for work done to the employer’s guidelines. Once you are paid, all accounts are square. Nobody is being forced to work there and nobody is being forced to get vaccinated. Each employee has the freedom to step down on whichever side of the fence they want to. The only way you get to decide the terms of employment is to work for yourself. This lawsuit was more about entitlement than vaccination.

Someone has it right. Too bad the government has to step in all too often!

Re: Judge Throws Out Lawsuit Brought By Hospital Workers Over Covid Vaccine Mandate [Re: ntxtrapper] #8294513 06/14/21 08:58 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Those with Anti-bodies will have fun on this one in court.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Judge Throws Out Lawsuit Brought By Hospital Workers Over Covid Vaccine Mandate [Re: Texas buckeye] #8294514 06/14/21 08:59 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter

So safety equipment always works, 100% of the time? Isnt evey event using safety equipment an “experiment” in that equipments quality and knowledge of use?

J&J caused a couple clots on fertile females, a known population to cause clots, and the bumbers were way below 1:1,00,000. For men, there was no clotting risk. I told both my girls to get a different vax but i wouod be very comfortable with J&J for myself.

The other option for these folks being “mandated” to take a vax is find a job that doesn’t require a vax. Pretty simple in my mind. Or open a business themselves and dont require it. That’s what i have going, but then again, small businesses in the us closed at rapid pace during covid and medical private practices around the country are closing rapidly due to increased govt burden completely Unrelated to covid and vaccines….but small business operation isnt for everyone. Some people just want to work and get a paycheck, and tell their employer how to run their business
confused2

No documented heart issues?

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Judge Throws Out Lawsuit Brought By Hospital Workers Over Covid Vaccine Mandate [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8294530 06/14/21 09:15 PM
B
bigjoe8565 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Those with Anti-bodies will have fun on this one in court.

That’s my thought as well. If I’ve had COVID-19, which I did and I have antibodies why do I need to take the shot?

Re: Judge Throws Out Lawsuit Brought By Hospital Workers Over Covid Vaccine Mandate [Re: ntxtrapper] #8294537 06/14/21 09:23 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
It's simply amazing how many people castigated Jenny McCarthy and other anti-vaxxers FOR YEARS, and now here we are. She and her group had many of the same arguments. So, extend your apologies to her because y'all sound like a bunch of the worst hypocrites ever.

Take the shot, don't take the shot, I really don't give a flying squirrel turd. Hospitals have been requiring vaccines for a long time, even flu shots and some other stuff you HAD to take to stay employed. This is just another; either take it or look for other work.

For all those 'there's never been one like this' well there had never been one like small pox, or like mumps, or ___________.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Judge Throws Out Lawsuit Brought By Hospital Workers Over Covid Vaccine Mandate [Re: ntxtrapper] #8294558 06/14/21 09:44 PM
R
reeltexan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R

Apparently this judge is smarter then 117 medical professionals.

[Linked Image]

"Give me an Army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle... Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war." - General Patton

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide