Print Thread
Buc'ees Selling Deer Blinds too??? #7938977 08/17/20 11:51 AM
B
B_Man Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
B
We went to the Buc'ees in Terrell TX last week and saw that they had some deer blinds for sale on the outside of
their store along with their feeders . Just an fyi - [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Buc'ees Selling Deer Blinds too??? [Re: B_Man] #7938981 08/17/20 11:56 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Uncle Dan's?

Re: Buc'ees Selling Deer Blinds too??? [Re: B_Man] #7939283 08/17/20 03:55 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Of all the blinds to sell, seems they were more an opportunity purchase than an actually thought out plan. I don’t know. For the money, muddy box blinds are IMHO just not worth it. I don’t know anything about uncle dans but that looks to have a good opening between the door framing and the blind. Maybe not. Never heard of those.

I could have stood behind them selling ASF blinds or something like that, atascosa, ranch king....

Re: Buc'ees Selling Deer Blinds too??? [Re: Texas buckeye] #7939348 08/17/20 04:42 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
Of all the blinds to sell, seems they were more an opportunity purchase than an actually thought out plan. I don’t know. For the money, muddy box blinds are IMHO just not worth it. I don’t know anything about uncle dans but that looks to have a good opening between the door framing and the blind. Maybe not. Never heard of those.

I could have stood behind them selling ASF blinds or something like that, atascosa, ranch king....

I think it is partly due to GSM outdoors owns a lot things that Bucee's sell now. I would guess they(GSM) probably pitched Bucee's on selling the blinds. I know both the owners of Bucee's well and know they are very aggressive on their marketing plan. They are always looking to up that average $/customer out the door sale.
I agree about the Muddy blind quality. I liked the concept, size and windows but the floor was just OSB and IMO was going to rot out quickly. The towers were very light weight and not going to last very long. For a combo hunting blind I liked it. But did not want to have rebuild the floor before I put it up. When I was looking to buy a new blind this spring I looked at their blinds in comparison to others at the same dealer....I ended up with another blind and tower that was about the same price. Much better floor and tower.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Buc'ees Selling Deer Blinds too??? [Re: B_Man] #7939367 08/17/20 05:07 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
STX, that the exact thoughts I had on the muddy blinds too, poor floor design. It was very echo’y when walking or moving on it too, any little movement was amplified pretty good from the cheap wooden floor.

I like buccees, bought a feeder from them last year and it’s still going even after having been blown Into a fence and turned upside down by a bad storm. Interesting you m ow the owners, there aren’t too many people you don’t know or know about in Texas are there? up

Re: Buc'ees Selling Deer Blinds too??? [Re: B_Man] #7939375 08/17/20 05:11 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Please tell them to hurry up with the Boerne store. up (I know they're probably waiting until the highway construction is finished, so, I'm thinking maybe in the next decade.)

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Buc'ees Selling Deer Blinds too??? [Re: Creekrunner] #7939435 08/17/20 05:59 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
STX, that the exact thoughts I had on the muddy blinds too, poor floor design. It was very echo’y when walking or moving on it too, any little movement was amplified pretty good from the cheap wooden floor.

I like buccees, bought a feeder from them last year and it’s still going even after having been blown Into a fence and turned upside down by a bad storm. Interesting you m ow the owners, there aren’t too many people you don’t know or know about in Texas are there? up

The one I looked at did not have the carpeting down on the floor but it was inside the blind. It was very echo'y to say the least. I was afraid of the floor noise becoming an issue once it was up on their 10' tower. I will ask them about the blinds they sell at the stores this fall when I see them. Might put a bug in their ear to up the quality. grin When they built the Luling store I was riding with one of the owners when we stopped by to look at the construction. I asked him who his target market was going to be? Then what he was doing with all that available acreage they had? I suggested with all the hunter traffic on 10 heading west to target the hunters with grain and deer feed. Fuel price, clean stores and tons of gas pump/space for them. Within a week or so they started to add a slab/building to sell just corn and milo. Then later on expanded to selling feeders and other hunting accessories. They used the corn like they use ice and other items they are know for to draw people in. They are known for low priced large bags of ice. It is amazing how many ice makers they have in those huge stores these days. Mind boggling to say the least. I liked their billboard I saw on IH-10 from 10-12 years ago close to that Luling store..."Ice Made From Scratch .99" All their billboards are great and funny. They are in-tune with their market to say the least.
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Please tell them to hurry up with the Boerne store. up (I know they're probably waiting until the highway construction is finished, so, I'm thinking maybe in the next decade.)

I know I talked to them about that store and the one in Alabama there were building 1.5 yrs ago. It is all about location and traffic for them. I specifically asked if there was any concern about the ongoing work on IH-10 for the Boerne location....they were not concerned. They build there stores on a schedule and I can't remember their target date to open. I have slept once since then roflmao

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Buc'ees Selling Deer Blinds too??? [Re: Texas buckeye] #8294178 06/14/21 02:12 PM
B
Bowman2000 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
B
I've personally bought a few Uncle Dan's blinds for my ranch and people love them. Even with the Texas weather they hold up real well and they're pretty practical. My favorite part about it is the price point which is really cheap compared to Muddy and IMO better for the value. I would definitely check them out and consider them if you want something cost effective.

Re: Buc'ees Selling Deer Blinds too??? [Re: B_Man] #8294693 06/14/21 11:45 PM
B
Biscuit Online Shocked
THF Celebrity
Online Shocked
THF Celebrity
B
👍👍

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide