Print Thread
Looking for a spot on a Lease #8290008 06/10/21 12:07 AM
F
Fltmedic Online Content OP
Tracker
OP Online Content
Tracker
F
I never thought it would so difficult to give someone money for a place to hunt. Been looking like many other hunters but have been unsuccessful so I’ll post here in hopes someone knows of something.

Looking for a spot on a lease that will allow my kiddos (maybe wife is she decided to join me) to sit in the blind with me. They don’t hunt but love eating the game. Maybe one day they’ll hunt but as of today they’re not interested in killing just eating.

I’m looking for something within 2-3 hours of San Antonio. Would prefer west or north but would consider all directions as I know everyone seems to looking in the hill country and west of SA at the moment.

Don’t really need water or electric but it would be nice and I have a travel trailer so no lodging is needed.

I’d like to spend around $3000 but would entertain higher price for the right place. I have feeders, blind, and feed year round to include protein.

Thanks!

Don't take life so seriously, you'll never make it out alive!
Re: Looking for a spot on a Lease [Re: Fltmedic] #8291148 06/10/21 11:36 PM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
It's difficult to find a good lease. One with decent game populations, camp accommodations and affordable. Often that means driving further than you like. There are places that will take your money and leave you disappointed. I've had several deerless leaaes over the years.

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
southwestdocks@gmail.com
http://www.threefingersbowhunting.com/
Re: Looking for a spot on a Lease [Re: passthru] #8291179 06/11/21 12:00 AM
F
Tracker
OP Online Content
Tracker
F
Originally Posted by passthru
It's difficult to find a good lease. One with decent game populations, camp accommodations and affordable. Often that means driving further than you like. There are places that will take your money and leave you disappointed. I've had several deerless leaaes over the years.

I’d love to drive further but family situation doesn’t allow it at the moment. I’m flexible on price though so if someone has something that may be higher I’d entertain it. Figured $3000 is about average I know some places are more though.

Seems most of the places I’ve been contacted about lately want a deposit without contract to review or seeing the place. I’m not comfortable with that.

Still hopeful I’ll come across something.

Re: Looking for a spot on a Lease [Re: Fltmedic] #8291753 06/11/21 04:08 PM
F
freerange Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
F
Fltmedic, from my experience someone asking for a deposit without seeing the place or any contract to review would be very unusual and would be a red flag.

Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Looking for a spot on a Lease [Re: Fltmedic] #8291885 06/11/21 07:17 PM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Fltmedic
Originally Posted by passthru

I’d love to drive further but family situation doesn’t allow it at the moment. I’m flexible on price though so if someone has something that may be higher I’d entertain it. Figured $3000 is about average I know some places are more though.

Seems most of the places I’ve been contacted about lately want a deposit without contract to review or seeing the place. I’m not comfortable with that.

Still hopeful I’ll come across something.

I wouldn’t be comfortable sending deposit sight unseen either.

Re: Looking for a spot on a Lease [Re: Fltmedic] #8292052 06/11/21 10:05 PM
F
Tracker
OP Online Content
Tracker
F
My thoughts as well, if you can’t produce a contract for me to review and at a minimum provide pics to peak my interest than more than likely you have nothing to lease. To me at least, I’m not sending money for a deposit sight unseen.

Re: Looking for a spot on a Lease [Re: Fltmedic] #8292104 06/11/21 10:54 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I normally come across leases up here all the time with as many land owners as I come in contact with but this year I haven't found one In Texas yet. Wet weird year,, I did find a couple small places in Oklahoma but those normally don’t start poping up until around the end of June when leases expire or more times than not idiots are kicked off.

Re: Looking for a spot on a Lease [Re: Fltmedic] #8292142 06/11/21 11:56 PM
S
Stetsonoverton Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
It’s def hard to find a place. Especially a good one, and as for the putting a deposit or leasing sight unseen you will be surprised how many people are crazy enough to do that but it’s a lot more than one would think

Re: Looking for a spot on a Lease [Re: Fltmedic] #8298067 06/18/21 03:48 AM
F
Tracker
OP Online Content
Tracker
F
TTT, still hunting for a place.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide