texashuntingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
jtownes231, frioman1376, Octavio, Austincp, RogerDoger
68581 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
dogcatcher 108,419
bill oxner 86,116
stxranchman 57,810
SnakeWrangler 57,222
RKHarm24 44,585
rifleman 44,461
Gravytrain 43,072
BMD 41,219
Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics606,509
Posts11,358,461
Members83,581
Most Online19,184
Feb 5th, 2020
Print Thread
Blackstone Grill #8290045 06/10/21 12:34 AM
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1,012
F
Fltmedic Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
F
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1,012
Wife decided I was finally deserving of a Fathers Day gift and got me an early gift. Other than breakfast (eggs, hash browns, bacon and pancakes) and fried rice what else have y’all been doing with them? Feel free to drop some recipes I’ll be getting it set up end of the week.


Don't take life so seriously, you'll never make it out alive!
Re: Blackstone Grill [Re: Fltmedic] #8290049 06/10/21 12:36 AM
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 6,690
J
jhenderson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 6,690
I’ll be watching. Put mine together last weekend and I’m in the same boat on what to cook.

Re: Blackstone Grill [Re: Fltmedic] #8290050 06/10/21 12:36 AM
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 21,725
skinnerback Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 21,725
Venison/bacon smash burgers, lots of onions & cheese. Served on buttered/toasted Texas Toast.

Folks who "don't eat deer meat" will scarf it down, unless you tell them what it is.

75/25 grind, Fiesta Hamburger Seasoning & a little Witcersister Sauce. All you need.


Grill needs to be hot.

Re: Blackstone Grill [Re: Fltmedic] #8290074 06/10/21 12:56 AM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 108,419
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 108,419
A hundred ways to make grilled cheese sandwiches.


Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Blackstone Grill [Re: Fltmedic] #8290082 06/10/21 12:59 AM
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,976
B
Blank Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
B
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,976
Camp Chef here, instead of Blackstone, with the really big griddle. I make an awesome breakfast of bacon, sausage, hash browns, and about 3 dozen eggs for everyone when we go camping!!!

Re: Blackstone Grill [Re: skinnerback] #8290089 06/10/21 01:07 AM
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1,012
F
Fltmedic Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
F
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1,012
Originally Posted by skinnerback
Venison/bacon smash burgers, lots of onions & cheese. Served on buttered/toasted Texas Toast.

Folks who "don't eat deer meat" will scarf it down, unless you tell them what it is.

75/25 grind, Fiesta Hamburger Seasoning & a little Witcersister Sauce. All you need.


Grill needs to be hot.


Trying this!


Don't take life so seriously, you'll never make it out alive!
Re: Blackstone Grill [Re: Fltmedic] #8290103 06/10/21 01:13 AM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,589
1
1955 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
1
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,589
Beer brats and grilled onions, kraut if you dare and ice cold beer !

Re: Blackstone Grill [Re: Fltmedic] #8290190 06/10/21 02:50 AM
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 10,382
P
Paluxy Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
P
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 10,382
Burgers are great on them, grill the buns too. I heated up pulled pork on it and kept it moist with worcestershire, best tacos I've had in a while.

You can bake biscuits by using a skillet and lid. Pizza is good too, just need a pan to keep it off the grill. The lowest setting will burn biscuits or crust

Re: Blackstone Grill [Re: Fltmedic] #8290276 06/10/21 09:08 AM
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,515
T
texfork Offline
Extreme Tracker
Offline
Extreme Tracker
T
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,515
You can make the best cheese steak their is on one . I wafer slice a rib roast for the meat and grill the onions and melt provolone on it . food


Prayer is the "ultimate" wireless connection .
Re: Blackstone Grill [Re: Fltmedic] #8290281 06/10/21 09:58 AM
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 529
P
Pigsicles Offline
Tracker
Offline
Tracker
P
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 529
Street tacos are a favorite as are Panini’s, Phillys and Cuban sandwiches.
Planning on doing Rubens this weekend.


Pulsar Trail XQ50
Pulsar HD 19A
Re: Blackstone Grill [Re: Fltmedic] #8290439 06/10/21 01:46 PM
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 739
T
Thisisbeer Offline
Tracker
Offline
Tracker
T
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 739
I cooked on one at least 4 nights a week last year while out working the pipelines. I got plenty.

Fish tacos

HEB Blackening seasoning and your favorite fish. Dip the fish in melted butter and season liberally. Blacken on the grill with the highest heat. Put fish, fresh pico and a cilantro sauce on a tortilla. This one was a huge hit with the Missouri guys.

Buffalo wings

Season wings with your favorite chicken rub. Grill on Blackstone until done. Mix up 3 parts Franks Red Hot (not the wing sauce) with 1 part buttermilk ranch. Toss wings. Put wings back on the grill. The fat in the ranch helps them crips up nice. This was another huge hit. Everyone doubts you can make good wings on a blackstone but these are amazing.

Fajitas

Of course. Marinade overnight with 1 part each olive oil, Worcestershire, and lime juice.

Philly Cheese steaks

Cook your vegetables. Then cook some thinly shaved ribeyes. Mix together, top with cheese, once it's melted put on your choice of bread.

Barria Tacos

I would cook the meat in a crockpot and then finish the tacos on the blackstone.

These are the ones everyone liked the most. Of course fried rice and some of the other popular stuff too. It's a big chunk of cast iron. The sky is the limit. The only thing holding you back is it doesn't get quite hot enough to sear really hard. But I love mine..

Re: Blackstone Grill [Re: Fltmedic] #8290498 06/10/21 02:31 PM
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 10,474
B
Biscuit Online Shocked
THF Celebrity
Online Shocked
THF Celebrity
B
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 10,474
Post up some pics soon

Re: Blackstone Grill [Re: Fltmedic] #8290601 06/10/21 03:50 PM
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 218
G
Giblett Online Content
Woodsman
Online Content
Woodsman
G
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 218
Saw a Facebook group the other day for the Blackstone cookers they sure cook up a bunch of good looking food. Still on the fence about getting one. Looks like you can make home fries real good on it so that's a plus and I saw one with a lid for the griddle part so that is a plus. The patio is probably going to get a lil crowded with a new cooker.

Re: Blackstone Grill [Re: Fltmedic] #8290613 06/10/21 03:55 PM
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 6,191
H
Herbie Hancock Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 6,191
There are some good YouTube pages to watch as well to give you new ideas.


It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt
Re: Blackstone Grill [Re: Thisisbeer] #8291166 06/10/21 11:49 PM
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1,012
F
Fltmedic Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
F
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1,012
Originally Posted by Thisisbeer
I cooked on one at least 4 nights a week last year while out working the pipelines. I got plenty.

Fish tacos

HEB Blackening seasoning and your favorite fish. Dip the fish in melted butter and season liberally. Blacken on the grill with the highest heat. Put fish, fresh pico and a cilantro sauce on a tortilla. This one was a huge hit with the Missouri guys.

Buffalo wings

Season wings with your favorite chicken rub. Grill on Blackstone until done. Mix up 3 parts Franks Red Hot (not the wing sauce) with 1 part buttermilk ranch. Toss wings. Put wings back on the grill. The fat in the ranch helps them crips up nice. This was another huge hit. Everyone doubts you can make good wings on a blackstone but these are amazing.

Fajitas

Of course. Marinade overnight with 1 part each olive oil, Worcestershire, and lime juice.

Philly Cheese steaks

Cook your vegetables. Then cook some thinly shaved ribeyes. Mix together, top with cheese, once it's melted put on your choice of bread.

Barria Tacos

I would cook the meat in a crockpot and then finish the tacos on the blackstone.

These are the ones everyone liked the most. Of course fried rice and some of the other popular stuff too. It's a big chunk of cast iron. The sky is the limit. The only thing holding you back is it doesn't get quite hot enough to sear really hard. But I love mine..


Lots of great ideas, thanks.

Watched a video of someone making pizza on one. Seems like you’re only limited by your imagination.


Don't take life so seriously, you'll never make it out alive!
Re: Blackstone Grill [Re: Giblett] #8291169 06/10/21 11:51 PM
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1,012
F
Fltmedic Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
F
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1,012
Originally Posted by Giblett
Saw a Facebook group the other day for the Blackstone cookers they sure cook up a bunch of good looking food. Still on the fence about getting one. Looks like you can make home fries real good on it so that's a plus and I saw one with a lid for the griddle part so that is a plus. The patio is probably going to get a lil crowded with a new cooker.


This one has a lid, so it could help with keeping heat. And my patio will also be crowded.


Don't take life so seriously, you'll never make it out alive!
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3