Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Quail Lease Document #8272338 05/21/21 02:17 PM
TX_Birddog1L Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
Does anyone know where I might be to find or have a quail lease document or lease template that you don't mind sharing?
I'm working with some land owners but they do not have a lease document...I'm curious if any of you know of a resource or may have one you can share that might help me from building one from scratch...?

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions!

Re: Quail Lease Document [Re: TX_Birddog1L] #8273685 05/23/21 12:51 AM
B
booskay Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Never heard of a quail lease document.

Re: Quail Lease Document [Re: TX_Birddog1L] #8273898 05/23/21 11:37 AM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Bated breath. confused2

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Quail Lease Document [Re: bill oxner] #8273920 05/23/21 12:44 PM
D
danceswithquail Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
I have a template, PM me your email and I will send it over

Re: Quail Lease Document [Re: TX_Birddog1L] #8273938 05/23/21 01:02 PM
D
danceswithquail Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Might be easier just to post it here if others in the future can benefit. When I pasted it, UBB put in some hyphens...tried to clean them up but some might still be in there. I used to network my tail off and find land owners that had never leased before, and this would sometimes get them comfortable and over the hump that we would be good stewards of their land and the game resources, and it also protected my group if their nephew got a brittany a month into the season, so sorry you can't hunt this season anymore. Concept in practice was that each lease member signed the release form, I would gather those release forms up and mail to land owner, but I executed the actual Lease Agreement jointly with land owner. Please know I am not attorney and you use all or any portion of this content at your own risk. I would rework a few things if I had to do it over again today, but it is a start

Hunting Lease Agreement

The State of Texas

THIS LEASE, entered into by and between Mr. xxxxx xxxxx, hereinafter called LESSOR, and xxxxxx xxxxxxx, hereinafter called LESSEE:

Witnesseth:
The lessor(s) hereby leases (licenses) to lessee the following described premises in Montague County, Texas:
1. ____ acre pasture near _________________ Leased from Oct 30th, 2004 to Feb 29th, 2004
2. ____ acre pasture near _________________ Leased from Jan 11th, 2004 to Feb 29th, 2004

This bird hunting lease is for the 2003 – 2004 bird hunting season, unless terminated before such time under the provisions hereof.

Lessee agrees and covenants as follows:
1. Lessee shall pay as rental for said premises to Lessor the sum of $____ annually for the right to hunt on said property. This shall be paid in full by July 30th or this contract is considered null and void.
2. It is agreed by both parties that Lessor shall act in the management of all of the affairs concerning the leased property and to act on all matters pertaining to the lease. It is agreed by both parties that xxxxxx xxxxxx of xxxxxxxxx xxxxxx Tx will act as the focal point (Lessee) for all affairs concerning this property on behalf of the hunting party. This includes, but is not limited to, acting as the focal point for items such as payment of lease fees, resolving issues, or asking for special permission not granted herein.
3. Lessor will not be responsible for accidents, injuries, or damages caused by Lessee, his hunters or others, occurring on the leased premises. Lessee agrees to indemnify and hold Lessor harmless by reason of any accidents, injuries, landowner negligence, or other causes. All guests or visitors that hunt the said property shall be instructed by every principal that signs this lease agreement that they hunt on the leased premises at their own risk. Sons or guests must always be accompanied by one of the undersigned principal hunters. Each attending undersigned hunter is responsible and liable for the acts of the guest in their care.
4. No more than 4 hunters are allowed to quail hunting on the pasture on any given day during quail season.
5. Xxxxx xxxxx or any hunters within xxxxxxxx's party shall not sublease the leased premises or any part thereof without the written consent of the Lessor. Lessee can substitute or change the list of persons authorized to hunt by advising Lessor in writing of such change.
6. Lessor or its agents shall have the right at all times to enter upon and inspect the leased premises and improvements.
7. Lessee shall use the leased premises in such a manner as not to interfere with the cattle, oil, and farming operations on the lease premises. Hunters agree to cooperate with all other surface others of the lease property, and not infringe on their rights. Any damage done to the improvements or livestock shall be immediately compensated for by the Lessee.
8. Lessor grants Lessee exclusive quail hunting rights for term of lease (no other quail hunters outside of Lessee's party shall knowingly be allowed on leased premises during 20xx-20xx quail season).
9. Lessee and all members of Lessee's party will abide by all State and Federal laws regarding hunting.
10. If Lessee or any of his hunters is convicted of a serious game violation and/or any members of Lessee's party endangers any person or property through careless or negligent conduct, then this lease may be canceled at the option of the Lessor and no refund of rent will be made.
11. Lessee or hunters are not allowed to make any improvements to property beyond the hanging of quail feeders.
12. Lessee and his hunters shall use reasonable diligence in keeping trespassers and unauthorized persons off the premises and report any irregularities to the proper authorities. Lessee and his hunters shall pay particular attention to the boundaries of their own leased premises and not encroach on the leased premises of others.
13. It is agreed that if Lessee or his hunters fail to abide by or comply with the agreement, covenants, or conditions of this lease, Lessor shall give written notice of such failure. For major violations or infractions (for example, but not limited to: breaking of state or game laws, willful destruction of property, taking of game not allowed through this lease agreement), Lessor shall have the right at its option to annul, cancel, and terminate this lease and to expel the Lessee and his hunters. This termination can be performed without a cancellation penalty being paid to the Lessee in the event of these major infractions.
14. The contractual obligations of this lease shall be performed in Montague County, Texas, and said county shall be the county of venue for all suits brought under the lease for cancellation or for breach of covenants or agreements contained herein.
15. The harvesting of deer, turkey, or any other game animal other than quail on leased property is expressly prohibited under this lease agreement.
16. The danger of grass fires are ever present. Smoking on leased premises is prohibited. Lessee or member of his hunting party further agrees to pay for any damage to land or improvements to land for any damage caused by lessee's and hunting party's negligence.
17. All exterior and interior gates should always be left in the position they were found - open or closed, unless explicit rules state otherwise.
18. Absolutely no littering, defacing or alteration of any kind on premises will be tolerated. The lessee may post a small sign near gates to assist hunters in party to locate leased property (1 ft by 1ft sign with the letters "DHC").
19. Lessee agrees to haul off all refuses, tin cans, bottles, and garbage.
20. Every effort to pick up and remove shotgun shells from leased property will be made by hunting party.
21. Respect should be shown to interior roads to avoid rutting of roads. Off-roading off of the defined roads, except to park a vehicle at the edge of a road, is prohibited.
22. It is agreed that Lessee and all other hunters on premises will refrain from drinking of all intoxicating beverages while in the act of hunting on said lands.
23. It is agreed that Lessee and all other hunters on premises will use only firearms that are in good working order and with which they are fully familiar with operating. Hunters shall maintain proper safety procedures regarding firearms, particularly see in that all firearms are unloaded while in vehicles and in the vicinity of all buildings.
24. A list of primary hunter names, emergency contacts, and vehicle makes and models will be provided to Lessor as an attachment to this lease agreement.
25. In the case the leased premises is sold during the hunting lease term, every attempt will be made by undersigned Lessor to transfer and maintain the lease rights of undersigned hunters through the lease term. If this lease agreement cannot be transferred under the terms of this covenant, Lessor agrees to refund lease fees to primary Lessee on a prorated percentage basis based on the percentage of the days (lease term) that the hunting party had access to the leased premises relative to the duration of the Texas quail season.
26. If key(s) are provided to hunters, those keys shall be returned to Lessor at termination of lease.
27. Lessee's obligation and rights shall be binding upon and inure the benefit of not only Lessee, himself, but also all persons who will hunt on the premises under direction of Lessee.

Release of Liability
THIS LEASE, entered into by and between Mr. xxxx xxxx, hereinafter called LESSOR, and xxxx xxxxx, hereinafter called LESSEE is based on this Release of Liability.
Each of member of the xxxxx hunting party hereby releases deeded Landowner (and Lessor agent) from any and all liability that may be associated with hunting on the leased property described above. All hunters acknowledge and understand that no warranty, either express or implied, is made by the Landowner as to the condition of the leased premises. All hunters under-stand that their presence on the hunting lease exposes them to risks and hazards release the landowner from any acts arising from the land owner’s negligence. It is understood that the lease premises consists of mostly undeveloped and untame land, and the lessee accepts the land in an "as is" condition. Lessee acknowledges that although Landowner may have a greater knowledge of land or property than Lessee, that it is impracticable and impossible for Landowner to list and/or to physically show Lessee each and every possible hazard on the property. Each undersigned hunter further covenants and agree that they, or any minor in their care while on leased premises, will not make any claim or institute any suit or action at law or in equity against Lessor or his or her respective agent or heirs.

In this regard, each of the member of Lessee’s party expressly recognizes the following:
1. I am engaged in a sporting activity that has inherent dangers to my body, any guests I bring onto property, and to any of my personal property I take or use on leased premises
2. Erosion and the general condition of the land creates rough, hazardous driving
3. There are inherent risks in the use of firearms
4. There are dangers involved in hunting with other hunters
5. There are dangers from hidden obstacles in open fields
6. There are rattlesnakes and spiders on leased premises
7. There are open pits, holes, pipes, and semi-hidden wires on leased premises.

Special Write-In Provisions and Restrictions

Executed in duplicate this ____ day of _____________, 2003

___________________________________________ Lessor/Landowner Signature

I have read, understand, and agree to abide by all statutes of this contract, including the Release of Liability. I have had ample opportunity to review this agreement with an attorney or legal counsel, and I am signing this LEASE agreement voluntarily without duress.

____________________________________________ Lessee/Hunter Signature

Last edited by danceswithquail; 05/23/21 02:45 PM.
Re: Quail Lease Document [Re: TX_Birddog1L] #8273945 05/23/21 01:06 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
eek2

Re: Quail Lease Document [Re: TX_Birddog1L] #8274059 05/23/21 03:01 PM
68rustbucket Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Pretty much a standard lease these days.
Thanks for posting!

Re: Quail Lease Document [Re: TX_Birddog1L] #8274115 05/23/21 04:09 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
The shake of a hand and a check in the old days. My guess is that the big man did not know about the check and no W-2 ever existed.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Quail Lease Document [Re: danceswithquail] #8275033 05/24/21 03:29 PM
TX_Birddog1L Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
Thank you sir, very kind of you to help!

Randal

Re: Quail Lease Document [Re: TX_Birddog1L] #8275230 05/24/21 06:35 PM
D
danceswithquail Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Sure Randal, I am out of the quail leasing game so no problem with sharing, down to one dog and doing day lease deals primarily with buddies to be able to have enough dog power to make it worth a long drive. Hope that these rains continue on through early July, might have a little rebound in the Rolling Plains.

Re: Quail Lease Document [Re: TX_Birddog1L] #8275958 05/25/21 01:35 PM
B
Biscuit Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Right on man

Re: Quail Lease Document [Re: danceswithquail] #8279439 05/29/21 01:21 AM
C
colt45-90 Offline
Texas colt45
Texas colt45
C
Originally Posted by danceswithquail
Might be easier just to post it here if others in the future can benefit. When I pasted it, UBB put in some hyphens...tried to clean them up but some might still be in there. I used to network my tail off and find land owners that had never leased before, and this would sometimes get them comfortable and over the hump that we would be good stewards of their land and the game resources, and it also protected my group if their nephew got a brittany a month into the season, so sorry you can't hunt this season anymore. Concept in practice was that each lease member signed the release form, I would gather those release forms up and mail to land owner, but I executed the actual Lease Agreement jointly with land owner. Please know I am not attorney and you use all or any portion of this content at your own risk. I would rework a few things if I had to do it over again today, but it is a start

Hunting Lease Agreement

The State of Texas

THIS LEASE, entered into by and between Mr. xxxxx xxxxx, hereinafter called LESSOR, and xxxxxx xxxxxxx, hereinafter called LESSEE:

Witnesseth:
The lessor(s) hereby leases (licenses) to lessee the following described premises in Montague County, Texas:
1. ____ acre pasture near _________________ Leased from Oct 30th, 2004 to Feb 29th, 2004
2. ____ acre pasture near _________________ Leased from Jan 11th, 2004 to Feb 29th, 2004

This bird hunting lease is for the 2003 – 2004 bird hunting season, unless terminated before such time under the provisions hereof.

Lessee agrees and covenants as follows:
1. Lessee shall pay as rental for said premises to Lessor the sum of $____ annually for the right to hunt on said property. This shall be paid in full by July 30th or this contract is considered null and void.
2. It is agreed by both parties that Lessor shall act in the management of all of the affairs concerning the leased property and to act on all matters pertaining to the lease. It is agreed by both parties that xxxxxx xxxxxx of xxxxxxxxx xxxxxx Tx will act as the focal point (Lessee) for all affairs concerning this property on behalf of the hunting party. This includes, but is not limited to, acting as the focal point for items such as payment of lease fees, resolving issues, or asking for special permission not granted herein.
3. Lessor will not be responsible for accidents, injuries, or damages caused by Lessee, his hunters or others, occurring on the leased premises. Lessee agrees to indemnify and hold Lessor harmless by reason of any accidents, injuries, landowner negligence, or other causes. All guests or visitors that hunt the said property shall be instructed by every principal that signs this lease agreement that they hunt on the leased premises at their own risk. Sons or guests must always be accompanied by one of the undersigned principal hunters. Each attending undersigned hunter is responsible and liable for the acts of the guest in their care.
4. No more than 4 hunters are allowed to quail hunting on the pasture on any given day during quail season.
5. Xxxxx xxxxx or any hunters within xxxxxxxx's party shall not sublease the leased premises or any part thereof without the written consent of the Lessor. Lessee can substitute or change the list of persons authorized to hunt by advising Lessor in writing of such change.
6. Lessor or its agents shall have the right at all times to enter upon and inspect the leased premises and improvements.
7. Lessee shall use the leased premises in such a manner as not to interfere with the cattle, oil, and farming operations on the lease premises. Hunters agree to cooperate with all other surface others of the lease property, and not infringe on their rights. Any damage done to the improvements or livestock shall be immediately compensated for by the Lessee.
8. Lessor grants Lessee exclusive quail hunting rights for term of lease (no other quail hunters outside of Lessee's party shall knowingly be allowed on leased premises during 20xx-20xx quail season).
9. Lessee and all members of Lessee's party will abide by all State and Federal laws regarding hunting.
10. If Lessee or any of his hunters is convicted of a serious game violation and/or any members of Lessee's party endangers any person or property through careless or negligent conduct, then this lease may be canceled at the option of the Lessor and no refund of rent will be made.
11. Lessee or hunters are not allowed to make any improvements to property beyond the hanging of quail feeders.
12. Lessee and his hunters shall use reasonable diligence in keeping trespassers and unauthorized persons off the premises and report any irregularities to the proper authorities. Lessee and his hunters shall pay particular attention to the boundaries of their own leased premises and not encroach on the leased premises of others.
13. It is agreed that if Lessee or his hunters fail to abide by or comply with the agreement, covenants, or conditions of this lease, Lessor shall give written notice of such failure. For major violations or infractions (for example, but not limited to: breaking of state or game laws, willful destruction of property, taking of game not allowed through this lease agreement), Lessor shall have the right at its option to annul, cancel, and terminate this lease and to expel the Lessee and his hunters. This termination can be performed without a cancellation penalty being paid to the Lessee in the event of these major infractions.
14. The contractual obligations of this lease shall be performed in Montague County, Texas, and said county shall be the county of venue for all suits brought under the lease for cancellation or for breach of covenants or agreements contained herein.
15. The harvesting of deer, turkey, or any other game animal other than quail on leased property is expressly prohibited under this lease agreement.
16. The danger of grass fires are ever present. Smoking on leased premises is prohibited. Lessee or member of his hunting party further agrees to pay for any damage to land or improvements to land for any damage caused by lessee's and hunting party's negligence.
17. All exterior and interior gates should always be left in the position they were found - open or closed, unless explicit rules state otherwise.
18. Absolutely no littering, defacing or alteration of any kind on premises will be tolerated. The lessee may post a small sign near gates to assist hunters in party to locate leased property (1 ft by 1ft sign with the letters "DHC").
19. Lessee agrees to haul off all refuses, tin cans, bottles, and garbage.
20. Every effort to pick up and remove shotgun shells from leased property will be made by hunting party.
21. Respect should be shown to interior roads to avoid rutting of roads. Off-roading off of the defined roads, except to park a vehicle at the edge of a road, is prohibited.
22. It is agreed that Lessee and all other hunters on premises will refrain from drinking of all intoxicating beverages while in the act of hunting on said lands.
23. It is agreed that Lessee and all other hunters on premises will use only firearms that are in good working order and with which they are fully familiar with operating. Hunters shall maintain proper safety procedures regarding firearms, particularly see in that all firearms are unloaded while in vehicles and in the vicinity of all buildings.
24. A list of primary hunter names, emergency contacts, and vehicle makes and models will be provided to Lessor as an attachment to this lease agreement.
25. In the case the leased premises is sold during the hunting lease term, every attempt will be made by undersigned Lessor to transfer and maintain the lease rights of undersigned hunters through the lease term. If this lease agreement cannot be transferred under the terms of this covenant, Lessor agrees to refund lease fees to primary Lessee on a prorated percentage basis based on the percentage of the days (lease term) that the hunting party had access to the leased premises relative to the duration of the Texas quail season.
26. If key(s) are provided to hunters, those keys shall be returned to Lessor at termination of lease.
27. Lessee's obligation and rights shall be binding upon and inure the benefit of not only Lessee, himself, but also all persons who will hunt on the premises under direction of Lessee.

Release of Liability
THIS LEASE, entered into by and between Mr. xxxx xxxx, hereinafter called LESSOR, and xxxx xxxxx, hereinafter called LESSEE is based on this Release of Liability.
Each of member of the xxxxx hunting party hereby releases deeded Landowner (and Lessor agent) from any and all liability that may be associated with hunting on the leased property described above. All hunters acknowledge and understand that no warranty, either express or implied, is made by the Landowner as to the condition of the leased premises. All hunters under-stand that their presence on the hunting lease exposes them to risks and hazards release the landowner from any acts arising from the land owner’s negligence. It is understood that the lease premises consists of mostly undeveloped and untame land, and the lessee accepts the land in an "as is" condition. Lessee acknowledges that although Landowner may have a greater knowledge of land or property than Lessee, that it is impracticable and impossible for Landowner to list and/or to physically show Lessee each and every possible hazard on the property. Each undersigned hunter further covenants and agree that they, or any minor in their care while on leased premises, will not make any claim or institute any suit or action at law or in equity against Lessor or his or her respective agent or heirs.

In this regard, each of the member of Lessee’s party expressly recognizes the following:
1. I am engaged in a sporting activity that has inherent dangers to my body, any guests I bring onto property, and to any of my personal property I take or use on leased premises
2. Erosion and the general condition of the land creates rough, hazardous driving
3. There are inherent risks in the use of firearms
4. There are dangers involved in hunting with other hunters
5. There are dangers from hidden obstacles in open fields
6. There are rattlesnakes and spiders on leased premises
7. There are open pits, holes, pipes, and semi-hidden wires on leased premises.

Special Write-In Provisions and Restrictions

Executed in duplicate this ____ day of _____________, 2003

___________________________________________ Lessor/Landowner Signature

I have read, understand, and agree to abide by all statutes of this contract, including the Release of Liability. I have had ample opportunity to review this agreement with an attorney or legal counsel, and I am signing this LEASE agreement voluntarily without duress.

____________________________________________ Lessee/Hunter Signature

now all I need is a lawyer

hold on Newt, we got a runaway
Re: Quail Lease Document [Re: TX_Birddog1L] #8279758 05/29/21 03:28 PM
K
kindall Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
As leases have became more expensive, lease agreements in writing protect both partys.

Shopping with your husband is like hunting with the game warden.
Experience is what you get, when you didn't get what you wanted.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide