Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Remote Camera that Transmits #8274817 05/24/21 12:15 PM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Not cellular, but transmits as the Cuddelink does. I like the idea of retrieving pic's without treading on the target area that the camera is capturing. Cuddeback has a set up like this, and the home doesn't have to be a camera, but could be their receiver which would be mounted on my stand.

Are there other brands? Cellular is not an option. I want to be able to top off my feeder around mid October, not go near it until end of season but get pic's.

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: Remote Camera that Transmits [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #8274931 05/24/21 02:08 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
IIRC, Moultrie had a camera like that a few years ago that allowed you to remotely(limited distance) check photos on the card.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Remote Camera that Transmits [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #8275932 05/25/21 01:22 PM
T
Texas Dan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Cuddeback now offers a package that includes a single, cellular camera that communicates with nearby, non-cellular units. With only one cell plan, you can pull images from all the cameras from anywhere with cell service. Both AT&T and Verizon cell plans are supported.

While the product description mentions all three cameras being "cellular connected", it later describes how two of the cameras communicate with a single, cellular connected camera. I'm sure this is done using Cuddeback's short-range network signaling. Still, the end result is you can view images from all the cameras using your cell phone.

Link

Last edited by Texas Dan; 05/25/21 02:17 PM.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: Remote Camera that Transmits [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #8276972 05/26/21 12:13 PM
B
B_Man Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
Another camera that interest us is the Covert Camera. They have a model that is basically a base unit and the
other units can be up to 1100 yards away and transmit to that base unit. Then the base unit transmits the pictures
with a cellular plan but you might be able to have an SD card in it and just look at the pictures. I am not sure of that
and was hoping some THF members had some experience with that camera. The other thing that is appealing to us
is that we are hunting in a remote area and basically have no cell coverage unless we are on a very high spot or
mounted something real high up. Therefore if we put the base unit up on a high spot then the other cameras transmit
to that base unit and we can see all of our other feeders and what is going on. If anyone has experience with those
please add some feedback.
thanks

Re: Remote Camera that Transmits [Re: B_Man] #8277055 05/26/21 01:41 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by B_Man
Another camera that interest us is the Covert Camera. They have a model that is basically a base unit and the
other units can be up to 1100 yards away and transmit to that base unit. Then the base unit transmits the pictures
with a cellular plan but you might be able to have an SD card in it and just look at the pictures. I am not sure of that
and was hoping some THF members had some experience with that camera. The other thing that is appealing to us
is that we are hunting in a remote area and basically have no cell coverage unless we are on a very high spot or
mounted something real high up. Therefore if we put the base unit up on a high spot then the other cameras transmit
to that base unit and we can see all of our other feeders and what is going on. If anyone has experience with those
thanks

Looks like the Cuddeback, using the link system is what we both need. I'm considering it. My camera location will have very spotty cell coverage. My stand has a clear line of sight to the feeder from an elevated position of about 80'. It would be great to check camera from stand without cell coverage. Cuddeback has a home receiver that isn't a camera, it's cheaper than using a second camera as a home receiver.

Re: Remote Camera that Transmits [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #8277059 05/26/21 01:46 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
thanks

Looks like the Cuddeback, using the link system is what we both need. I'm considering it. My camera location will have very spotty cell coverage. My stand has a clear line of sight to the feeder from an elevated position of about 80'. It would be great to check camera from stand without cell coverage. Cuddeback has a home receiver that isn't a camera, it's cheaper than using a second camera as a home receiver.

Search some older threads on here. Fouzman on here has the Cuddeback(10 or more) on his lease in Webb county. They drained the batteries very fast and he ended up having to buy external battery and solar panel for them. Also he had issues with the distance they transmitted pics and the quality was bad on the pics IIRC. His lease at the time was fairly good size also. I think once he got the battery issue and spacings on his cameras worked out, the system did work fairly well.

Re: Remote Camera that Transmits [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #8277066 05/26/21 01:49 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
This site is a wealth of info and sells a lot of cams also. https://www.trailcampro.com/

Re: Remote Camera that Transmits [Re: stxranchman] #8277267 05/26/21 04:35 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by stxranchman
Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
thanks

Search some older threads on here. Fouzman on here has the Cuddeback(10 or more) on his lease in Webb county. They drained the batteries very fast and he ended up having to buy external battery and solar panel for them. Also he had issues with the distance they transmitted pics and the quality was bad on the pics IIRC. His lease at the time was fairly good size also. I think once he got the battery issue and spacings on his cameras worked out, the system did work fairly well.

I just need to transmit about 150 yards, to an elevated home receiver. I'll check your link thanks.

Re: Remote Camera that Transmits [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #8277606 05/26/21 09:23 PM
F
First_Chance Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
F
we have a 43 camera Cuddeback network in place utilizing 3 transmitters that we have split up into 3 "networks". We use solar panels on all of them so batteries are not an issue. We have 16' elevated blinds on the property and in areas that we have distance issues, we use the home units as repeaters to connect the network or "chain" by mounting them on the high blinds for better line of sight. We set up 3 different email accounts, 1 for each network and each camera on the network has a separate name/number designation. it is very easy to blow through all the pictures each morning and focus on the deer we may want a closer look at... it that case, we can either go straight to the camera that took the shot or to the transmitter unit and a full MP image will be available. This offseason we have been using them in the surveillance mode for illegal traffic and they have resulted in many apprehensions.

You can also turn on the cell plans and turn them off at will so you don't have to pay for them during offseason

IMO, the Cuddeback Cuddelink system is really hard to beat.

one edit... we used a topo map to plan our initial layout of the networks and then tweaked it from there. we had to add a repeater or two but overall, the system works great. really cut down on the manpower to run a camera system on 9500 acres. We were able to find packages on the web that gave us the cameras with the solar battery pack and panel for $200 each.

Last edited by First_Chance; 05/26/21 09:28 PM.

[Linked Image]
Re: Remote Camera that Transmits [Re: First_Chance] #8278037 05/27/21 10:36 AM
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by First_Chance
we have a 43 camera Cuddeback network in place utilizing 3 transmitters that we have split up into 3 "networks". We use solar panels on all of them so batteries are not an issue. We have 16' elevated blinds on the property and in areas that we have distance issues, we use the home units as repeaters to connect the network or "chain" by mounting them on the high blinds for better line of sight. We set up 3 different email accounts, 1 for each network and each camera on the network has a separate name/number designation. it is very easy to blow through all the pictures each morning and focus on the deer we may want a closer look at... it that case, we can either go straight to the camera that took the shot or to the transmitter unit and a full MP image will be available. This offseason we have been using them in the surveillance mode for illegal traffic and they have resulted in many apprehensions.

You can also turn on the cell plans and turn them off at will so you don't have to pay for them during offseason

IMO, the Cuddeback Cuddelink system is really hard to beat.

one edit... we used a topo map to plan our initial layout of the networks and then tweaked it from there. we had to add a repeater or two but overall, the system works great. really cut down on the manpower to run a camera system on 9500 acres. We were able to find packages on the web that gave us the cameras with the solar battery pack and panel for $200 each.

PM sent, good info.

Re: Remote Camera that Transmits [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #8282276 06/01/21 08:33 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Another that does the link type system is the Buckeye cameras. I do not know if they are still in business, but when cudde came out with their system, Buckeye advertised they were the originals to have the link type set up. I know nothing about their system, just the name.

I have cuddelink at my place and i have had some trouble getting certain cameras to show on the cell pics. I know deer hit those feeders every day but I only get sporadic pics from some. It seems to overwhelm the cell system and send only from a select few feeders. It happens that the feeders it sends from the most are the most popular feeders, but still, would like to know the other feeders are working and deer are hitting them. My other main gripe from cuddelink is the cell snaps are not sent "real-time".

I have two covert cams set up and those send essentially real time. I have those cams on my gate and my most hog targeted feeder.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide