I
intohunting Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
I
Originally Posted by maximus_flavius
Originally Posted by skinnerback
Yep, nothing like some snaggletooth inbred goat f'ng hillbilly from Kentucky coming onto a Texas forum and badmouthing Texans. SMH.

I think he’s mad because the goat wouldn’t consent.......

rofl

[Linked Image]

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8271214 05/20/21 02:36 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8271239 05/20/21 02:55 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
[quote=dirthawker]How many of you native boys hunt cows? Domestic sheep? Rheas? Goats? Truth is you don't, you know they are poor table fair and 0 challenge yet websites create these ads making them into amazing challenging animals a true trophy. Thats the bs i hate , stick a 2800$ price tag on that and there you go. It has nothing to do with managing game, there not game animals. It all boils down to this its one of the main reasons fenced hunts look bad and reflects on all hunters there are more of us out there then just in texas. Texas is changing along with the rest of the country look who got elected for f sake. People are flooding into your state everyday, Californians, hispanics,pilgrims, and they dont give a crap about your texas pride or beliefs. These lovely liberals have there own agenda and you can bet its not yours. They will fill up your city's first and guess what thats where the votes count not the handful of ranchers scattered out west. Va is now blue in northern va and hampton roads area the rest of the state is red but we vote blue as a state.. If you think it cant happen and want to burrow your head in the sand so be it. Just remember i said it. Keep on hunting these barnyard pets and you will ruin all preserve hunting.

I’ll call this like I see it, how about you keep your DA in Virginia where the DNA pool isn’t very diverse and find a Virginia site to troll around. Sounds like you need to start a hunting ranch in your own inbred state and stop coming to Texas at the very least…

You go from telling us how a ranch should be operated to how the state is operating, your a complete DA in every sense of the word and if you come to Texas talking this nonsense you will most likely get a knot put on your head pretty damn quick. I’ll buy your plane ticket if you agree to come here and tell your same story, hell I’ll even find a consenting goat you can borrow for a few minutes as to help the gene pool in Virginia before you leave. The new Virginia state motto,,, “No Goat Left Behind”

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8271364 05/20/21 04:48 PM
D
dirthawker Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
I love it! You guys can't answer a simple question you just have to resort to name calling and insulting other states. Its awesome every time you guys post it shows the truth about what i am saying. Any out of state hunters reading this crap now you know how they feel about us.

Minimum flavor Why do you want me to call out your fellow Texas guides by name? that is soo wrong.
But if i was a betting man you dont own a ranch do you? If so whats it name? Come on tell the class? Where's that Texas pride??? Dont be scared Minimum flavor If you feel your prices are just and your animals are legit let's see

But you won't, you will just spew out some video or a meme that Is not revelant to this conversation and think your a big man instead of having a intelligent answer.

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8271420 05/20/21 05:26 PM
H
Hudbone Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
No memes, no durty werds, just this response to your question - ""I own land in Virginia I have Livestock that I raise on my land, whats the difference other then a zip code?" The state? The mindset? The notion you seem to be claiming a higher moral pedestal?" "

I does gots to agree with you on this though, "I hope other out of staters will see what happens if you dare question pricing or ethics in Texas" Hope so.

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8271424 05/20/21 05:31 PM
H
Hudbone Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Btw, I knows some excellent folks up there in KY and this fella may well be a "one off" know it all. One of my most favoritists wife's friends is from Knob Lick and that girl is something special. One of my best NY's Eve parties was at some golfing country club on the outskirts of Glasgow. Some mighty fine folks over in those parts. Never felt safer. Everybody carries.

Last edited by Hudbone; 05/20/21 05:31 PM.
Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8271428 05/20/21 05:34 PM
S
soooo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
popcorn

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8271429 05/20/21 05:34 PM
H
Hudbone Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
this all just really cracks me up. Some rocket surgeon doesn't like to hunt in his own state, comes here and then it all is wrong. What is the common denominator when he is in his state and when he is here?

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8271525 05/20/21 06:57 PM
M
Mike Honcho Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Man, this got a little ridiculous in a hurry.

Dirthawker - most ram hunts are not difficult. 30 min researching on google will tell you. So, even if an unscrupulous guide is telling you other wise a little due diligence will alleviate that. Our family’s high fence ranch is just a bit over 800 ac’s imo unless it’s antelope species with a bow not a single animal is that challenging with a rifle. A big part of that is how open many parts of the state are. If you can shoot an honest MOA out to 500 yds 99% of your hunts are relatively easy minus the physical exertion if your stalking. It’s like that in many places though. I’m not in great shape but other than altitude and my fat AZZ huffing and puffing same shot distances pretty much. Hell they hunt corn fields in the Midwest. They drive around in trucks in Saskatchewan till they spot a good deer. It’s all relative.

I think you’re missing an important point. Hunting has changed it has become just as commercialized as any other industry. I can’t tell you how many times when I outfitted and guided the client cared more about the score of animal then the experience. I’m 37, when I was growing up I don’t recall everyone saying he scored this he scored that. It was “oh I got a nice 8” or “oh I got a huge 10”. Hunting has become a keeping up with the Joneses activity for many. When that happens and you have a free market society the market dictates price based on the commodities attributes more so than the commodity itself. The thing is you don’t have to pay that price and if it’s your prerogative negotiate. That doesn’t mean selling a tame dall sheep that you could kill with a spear while it’s eating out of your hand isn’t worth $2800. It maybe not be to you, but joe down the road might have no qualms. Remember it’s not robbery or gouging if both parties enter into an agreement. gouging applies to necessities not luxury items like a 2 curl tx dall or a 200” whitetail.

You mention fun or challenging i.e. the thrill or experience. That is subjective. Outside of being respectful, pleasant, and honest. A guide or outfitter can only do so much in that area. When I was guiding. I would ask clients how hard or easy do you want this to be.

I can see how you have arrived to your conclusion, but I don’t think you have seen both sides or maybe unwilling to see both sides. I think some members got there really feelings hurt and this site can be unnecessarily hostile at times. I laugh because we all probably have a lot more in common than differences yet you would never know some days. It’s a good site overall and i enjoy it. FYI, “liberal” is now a commonly used insult.

“Two things that define an individual what you do when you have everything, and what you do when you have nothing."

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8271545 05/20/21 07:15 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted by dirthawker
I love it! You guys can't answer a simple question you just have to resort to name calling and insulting other states. Its awesome every time you guys post it shows the truth about what i am saying. Any out of state hunters reading this crap now you know how they feel about us.

Minimum flavor Why do you want me to call out your fellow Texas guides by name? that is soo wrong.
But if i was a betting man you dont own a ranch do you? If so whats it name? Come on tell the class? Where's that Texas pride??? Dont be scared Minimum flavor If you feel your prices are just and your animals are legit let's see

But you won't, you will just spew out some video or a meme that Is not revelant to this conversation and think your a big man instead of having a intelligent answer.

You made an accusation, it’s up to you to prove it by providing an example, & you can’t even do that

I will pay for your airfare if you will come here & tell a goat rancher how wrong he is, to his face, & I can watch/film it.

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8271552 05/20/21 07:29 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter

I hope the out of staters do read this and come here with a better attitude than you have, if they don’t like it by all means please stay away. I’m tired of all of you so called visitors telling us how things should be done in our state, if you don’t like it simply stay away and troll your own states hunting opportunities. You came here because we have outstanding hunting opportunities and a well diversified array of animals to hunt. If you can do it better it seems like you can start your own ranch up thr and solve all of your issues and make a fortune doing it. When you open it up please keep us informed how it goes and how rich you get in the process, it seems you have it all figured out so your good to go.

If you haven’t figured it out by now some of us take offense of you guys knowing it all and leaving only to bitch about it yet you come back 4 more times confused2 I assure you we don’t need any advice from a guy from Yankeeville telling us how to do things better down here, that’s a fact…

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8271586 05/20/21 07:58 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
The more he posts, the younger he sounds.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Exotic prices [Re: maximus_flavius] #8271675 05/20/21 09:13 PM
H
Hudbone Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by maximus_flavius

You made an accusation, it’s up to you to prove it by providing an example, & you can’t even do that

I will pay for your airfare if you will come here & tell a goat rancher how wrong he is, to his face, & I can watch/film it.

Can you film with a flip phone?

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8271716 05/20/21 10:07 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
If you go back and look at his posts he’s looking for a bunch of cheap freebie style hunts. The willing to pay for gas type stuff, he may be a decent guy but he sure doesn’t come off that way. It’s one thing to voice your opinion but he dug in and didn’t know when to let it go telling others how it should be done when he doesn’t have a clue. Maybe he would like to buy some of this stupid high dollar land down here and give it a go and see how long he lasts selling $200 ram hunts.

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8271737 05/20/21 10:33 PM
M
Mike Savoy Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
Dirt - the value of something is whatever someone will pay for it. We have shot some of the biggest domestic sheep ever shot and paid a pretty penny for them. The value of an animal is something hard to argue. If it’s a legal
Hunting activity, I support it. Instead of looking down at others way of hunting , just respect the other hunter and move on your way.
Mike

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8271785 05/20/21 11:31 PM
D
dirthawker Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
Mike Honcho you appear to be one of the few good people on this thread, thank you for understanding my posts. My whole point for this thread was in regards to honesty,difficulty and the fact they are tame You read my posts and understood what i was saying. Thank you

Yankee huh.? interesting last time i checked richmond was the capital of the confederacy genius....
Why would i want to drive all the way over there to kill a tame sheep? We take ours to the slaughter house along with our cows and goats. We dont need camouflage,guns,spotting scopes and a mildly retarded tx guide to accomplish that. 🤣
Come on guys i am just having fun no need to get all upset and scuff up them cowboy boots kicking rocks.
Pick up a history book and a map try to figure out southern states bounderies, maybe grab Charlotte's Web while your at it, all the animals in there are NOT game animals ok??? Maybe reciting old mcdonald might help too.
Lol you guys are a trip...only thing funnier then this is when it snows in tx HELP HELP ITS COLD HOW DO U TURN OFF WATER, WHATS THIS COLD WHITE STUFF! MY CAR WONT GO! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8271833 05/21/21 12:12 AM
J
Jgraider Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
dirthawke, even though we don't really advertise our guide services, and since you have asked this question:

Guided 5 day hunts: Private Land Texas
Mule Deer $9500
Aoudad $6500
Whitetail $5500
Antelope $5000

All prices include the know it all pilgrim surcharge.

Last edited by Jgraider; 05/21/21 12:13 AM.
Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8271873 05/21/21 12:40 AM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I am a genius compared to you scooter, if you don’t think your not in Yankeeville your even dumber than I thought, Now that you’ve pissed everybody off your joking, typical DA move.

Why the hell are you on a Texas hunting forum anyway? Virginia not have a site you can spew your garbage on telling them all things wrong inTexas? Guessing you would have a more captive audience that wouldn’t enjoy the thought of you under a boot. Better yet nobody offering to take you hunting for gas money on a DIY hunt? I bet you licked a lot of windows growing up, that’s my guess anyway.

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8271880 05/21/21 12:46 AM
D
dirthawker Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
Aww come on guys dont be mean, i was actually thinking of moving to Texas and opening a petting zoo and if it flops i could turn it into a hunting ranch...

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8271887 05/21/21 12:50 AM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I’m sure your goats would be well bred

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8271899 05/21/21 12:57 AM
J
Jgraider Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Aww come on guys dont be mean, i was actually thinking of moving to Texas and opening a petting zoo and if it flops i could turn it into a hunting ranch...

You don't have enough money.

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8272067 05/21/21 04:39 AM
D
Displaced Texan Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
D
I was raised in West Texas, killed my share of Texas deer back in the day.
In June 2018 me and my grandson, booked a low fence free range Axis deer hunt with a very good
outfitter that post on this forum. We had a very good time, we both got nice bucks. Our guides
were very good, food and lodging were fine. We drove from Alabama for this hunt, it was close to Sonora.
Hunted around there a lot back in the day. We got what we PAID FOR, it was expensive, but well worth it !
There is a lot more that goes into a hunt like this, than just killing an animal.
If you do not like what an outfitter charges hunt some place else..
We will be booking another hunt threw the same outfitter. We enjoy good whitetail hunting in Alabama
ROLL TIDE

Last edited by Displaced Texan; 05/21/21 05:09 AM.
Re: Exotic prices [Re: Displaced Texan] #8272095 05/21/21 07:37 AM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Displaced Texan
I was raised in West Texas, killed my share of Texas deer back in the day.
In June 2018 me and my grandson, booked a low fence free range Axis deer hunt with a very good
outfitter that post on this forum. We had a very good time, we both got nice bucks. Our guides
were very good, food and lodging were fine. We drove from Alabama for this hunt, it was close to Sonora.
Hunted around there a lot back in the day. We got what we PAID FOR, it was expensive, but well worth it !
There is a lot more that goes into a hunt like this, than just killing an animal.
If you do not like what an outfitter charges hunt some place else..
We will be booking another hunt threw the same outfitter. We enjoy good whitetail hunting in Alabama
ROLL TIDE

Glad you guys had a good time, have any pics of what you two whacked?

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8272125 05/21/21 11:03 AM
H
Hudbone Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Daddy taught me a couple of things about traveling:

1). Do not look at the women when in a place where people speak different

2). Do not look down upon others who do things differently - that's all it is, different

Re: Exotic prices [Re: Hudbone] #8272177 05/21/21 12:10 PM
M
Mike Honcho Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted by Hudbone
Daddy taught me a couple of things about traveling:

1). Do not look at the women when in a place where people speak different

2). Do not look down upon others who do things differently - that's all it is, different

Wise man!

“Two things that define an individual what you do when you have everything, and what you do when you have nothing."

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide