Re: Exotic prices [Re: bear64] #8270406 05/19/21 06:38 PM
S
Sauerkraut Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
S
Originally Posted by bear64
everything in Texas is bigger, better, more manly than anywhere else, why can't you understand this???
is it because all you ever hear Texans bitch about how bad things are in Texas?
they whine about taxes, immigration, how the government didn't protect them when it got cold ( it gets colder than dammit here every year and I've never expected someone else to keep my family warm). they whine about a handful of liberals moving from California and taking over the 99.9% conservative population way of life, dqmn how weak are yall.
they bitch about their stupid conservation laws and regs.
they bitch about not being able to carry weapons, I can carry a weapon anyplace I please except a school or a government building in Kentucky.
they bitch about how bad the liberals have ruined their way of life...you were weak and let it happen
when I joined Texas hunt forum it was to get information on fulfilling a lifelong dream to hunt Texas. man I'm glad I spent enough time looking at this forum to convince me Texas ain't the same Texas as it was back in the early 80s when I was there.
and the last time I checked a barnyard goat will chew your seat belt out of your truck if you leave the windows down...real trophy.
piss all over this post if it makes you feel better, your time would be better spent working to regain control of your mess of a state

Do they have a Kentucky Hunting Forum you can join? Not that I don't enjoy your rhetoric....

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom." - Ecclesiastes 9:10
Re: Exotic prices [Re: Sauerkraut] #8270407 05/19/21 06:40 PM
S
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Sauerkraut
Originally Posted by bear64
everything in Texas is bigger, better, more manly than anywhere else, why can't you understand this???
is it because all you ever hear Texans bitch about how bad things are in Texas?
they whine about taxes, immigration, how the government didn't protect them when it got cold ( it gets colder than dammit here every year and I've never expected someone else to keep my family warm). they whine about a handful of liberals moving from California and taking over the 99.9% conservative population way of life, dqmn how weak are yall.
they bitch about their stupid conservation laws and regs.
they bitch about not being able to carry weapons, I can carry a weapon anyplace I please except a school or a government building in Kentucky.
they bitch about how bad the liberals have ruined their way of life...you were weak and let it happen
when I joined Texas hunt forum it was to get information on fulfilling a lifelong dream to hunt Texas. man I'm glad I spent enough time looking at this forum to convince me Texas ain't the same Texas as it was back in the early 80s when I was there.
and the last time I checked a barnyard goat will chew your seat belt out of your truck if you leave the windows down...real trophy.
piss all over this post if it makes you feel better, your time would be better spent working to regain control of your mess of a state

Do they have a Kentucky Hunting Forum you can join? Not that I don't enjoy your rhetoric....

Found it. Here's the link: https://www.kentuckyhunting.net/

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom." - Ecclesiastes 9:10
Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8270585 05/19/21 09:26 PM
D
dirthawker Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
Show me the best top of the line blackbelly, alpine, rambouillet,or other domestic breed for sale in the 2800 to 3000 range in tx?

Now we are comparing show sheep same breed to culls in the hunting pasture.
I guess sheep farmers dont have your costs?
Again talking trophy fees not lodging,guiding, most of you guys now separate that anyway soo keep that in mind.
Its overpriced people pay it because they dont know but.....maybe they will stumble on this thread and start asking questions.

I do hunt in va but like traveling to hunt too i like your exotics they are a blast and most taste great?
Never seen a domestic ram or goat hunt not 100% Guaranteed so doesnt that say something? Your just basically paying 2800 for a sheep head the hunting thrill not so much.
Go look on bowsite forums i am not alone there are others that share my pilgrim beliefs.

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8270645 05/19/21 10:15 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted by dirthawker
Show me the best top of the line blackbelly, alpine, rambouillet,or other domestic breed for sale in the 2800 to 3000 range in tx?

Now we are comparing show sheep same breed to culls in the hunting pasture.
I guess sheep farmers dont have your costs?
Again talking trophy fees not lodging,guiding, most of you guys now separate that anyway soo keep that in mind.
Its overpriced people pay it because they dont know but.....maybe they will stumble on this thread and start asking questions.

I do hunt in va but like traveling to hunt too i like your exotics they are a blast and most taste great?
Never seen a domestic ram or goat hunt not 100% Guaranteed so doesnt that say something? Your just basically paying 2800 for a sheep head the hunting thrill not so much.
Go look on bowsite forums i am not alone there are others that share my pilgrim beliefs.

So don’t hunt goats then, if you don’t like it. Problem solved.

Nobody here cares what you think.

Such a drama queen.

Re: Exotic prices [Re: Sauerkraut] #8270649 05/19/21 10:18 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker

I’ll bet they have a Kentucky Toothless Hillbilly Pill Poppers forum.

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8270677 05/19/21 10:51 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
"mess of a state". roflmao Yeah, people and businesses are flocking to KY. Oh, wait, they're not. They're coming to this "mess of a state."

Kentucky is a beautiful state. I have ancestors from there. I will not judge the state by this...misguided soul. grin

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8270692 05/19/21 11:06 PM
D
dirthawker Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
You asked i told. I think its funny how you guys bash out of state people, calling them names like toothless,pilgrims, democrats and yet you want there good old money. You do realize that there has been almost 2000 views on this thread... I hope other out of staters will see what happens if you dare question pricing or ethics in Texas
Basically if you disagree with Texas practices regardless of how Unethical or overpriced they may be You will be chastised, unless you own land ,a hunting ranch , or are a native texan because if you are not, you don't know anything about hunting, pricing , fair market, or even the difference between domestic and wild animal. Sorry nonresidents you are all ignorant, just pay them, smile, and bend over you worthless toothless pilgrims with over inflated worth!
HEY by the way are you guys 100% native americans cause if you are not your a pilgrim too UNLESS i missed something in histoy class? I know why you wear cowboy hats.....its the only thing that will fit on those big heads!

Last edited by dirthawker; 05/20/21 12:35 AM.
Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8270697 05/19/21 11:10 PM
D
dirthawker Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
[Linked Image]

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8270735 05/19/21 11:52 PM
S
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
S
You asked i told you. I think its funny how you guys bash out of state people, calling them names like toothless,pilgrims, democrats and yet you want there good old money. You do realise that there has been almost 2000 views on this thread... I hope other out of staters will see What happens if you dare question pricing or ethics in Texas
Basically if you disagree with Texas practices regardless of how Unethical or overpriced they may be You will be chastised unless you own land Own ,a hunting ranch , or a native texan Because if you don't you don't know anything about hunting, Pricing fair market, Or even the difference between domestic and wild animal. Sorry nonresidents you are all ignorant just pay them, smile, and bend over you worthless toothless pilgrims with over inflated worth!
HEY by the way are you guys 100% native americans cause if you aint your a pilgrim too UNLESS i missed something in histoy class? I know why you wear cowboy hats now its the only thing that will fit those big heads!

What are you proposing? That the gov't regulates hunting prices? It's a free market. I think most people on this thread are simply saying that if you don't want to pay bad outfitters for overpriced hunts and over-valued animals.....then don't pay them. It's not rocket science. There are plenty of reputable people that charge fair prices based on what they spent on a multitude of overhead costs. There are those that are the opposite. That's the way any free market operates. Ideally, the bad outfitters don't succeed, but I guess people keep paying them. The onus is on the person footing the money to do their research, get some references, and make a wise purchase.

Also, learn to spell.

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8270747 05/20/21 12:06 AM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
You asked i told you. I think its funny how you guys bash out of state people, calling them names like toothless,pilgrims, democrats and yet you want there good old money. You do realise that there has been almost 2000 views on this thread... I hope other out of staters will see What happens if you dare question pricing or ethics in Texas
Basically if you disagree with Texas practices regardless of how Unethical or overpriced they may be You will be chastised unless you own land Own ,a hunting ranch , or a native texan Because if you don't you don't know anything about hunting, Pricing fair market, Or even the difference between domestic and wild animal. Sorry nonresidents you are all ignorant just pay them, smile, and bend over you worthless toothless pilgrims with over inflated worth!
HEY by the way are you guys 100% native americans cause if you aint your a pilgrim too UNLESS i missed something in histoy class? I know why you wear cowboy hats now its the only thing that will fit those big heads!

Your grammar, or lack thereof, is not helping your case.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8270773 05/20/21 12:30 AM
Txhunter65 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I would venture the percentage of ill-intentioned outfitters/guides in Texas is the same as they are in every other state/country. Just as the percentage of unwitting inexperienced hunters they take advantage of is the same no matter where you go.
It boils down to caveat emptor. It’s each of our own responsibilities to ensure we’re getting what we pay for. There are simple questions to ask before any hunt and any guide/outfitter unwilling to give straight forward answers to those questions tells you all you need to know.
I understand there will be instances where the questions are answered with out right lies, but then again it falls on the hunter to call them out as soon as they’re realized.

....and yes of course everything is bigger and better in Texas that’s just how it is.

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8270776 05/20/21 12:31 AM
D
dirthawker Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
Posting on a thread not writing a documentary paper. Geez grammar police.
Auto correct is a pain.
Look guys i get it but its still funny to watch some of the (bad ones) squirm!
Not saying all of you are bad i have made some friends out there but when i see dumb ads i have to screw with them.
All about free market, and hunting exotics just giving a warning to fellow hunters that don't know better.

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8270781 05/20/21 12:38 AM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Just trying to help you not look like an inbred hillbilly from up the holler.

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8270853 05/20/21 01:54 AM
N
nsmike Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Most of the ranchers I've met scramble to but together dollars from any source they can in hopes of making a profit! If they're lucky once every five years they will do really well and get a little bit ahead. I think that the term 'land rich and cash poor' was invented to describe the average rancher.

for every stereotype there's a prototype don't be the prototype
Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8270856 05/20/21 01:56 AM
W
Walkabout Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
W
DH, I have no dog in this fight but trying to determine what “fellow hunters” need to know is a tall task. You see “fellow hunters” are like a box of chocolates. We had a non-Texas resident on the form that was looking for assistance from our members in helping him secure an outfitter or guide to guide him on an armadillo hunt.

Swear to Gawd we did our very best to help this gentleman but seemed like no suggestions would please him. I don’t know, he may have given up on Texas and searched for an outfitter in Louisiana. Maybe someone can find this thread and re-post. Maybe it would help another out of state “fellow hunter”.

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8270881 05/20/21 02:37 AM
J
Jgraider Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
I've lived in 6 different States, and by far the friendliest folks are from the great State of Texas, and Texas has more to offer than anywhere I've ever lived. What you pilgrims don't understand is that Texas wrote the book on game management, starting intensive management practices way back in the 1950's. Every other State either caught on, or attempted to model what Texas started in this regard. What Texans don't like are folks from other States that attempt to tell us how to operate our business, as I've said before. It's about like the dumbass yankees coming out to the Permian Basin in the 80's telling us how to extract oil from the ground profitably. They obviously didn't understand that Texas have been producing oil since the 1930's......everyone else just needs to take notes.

You can be critical all you want....get after it. The obvious result is if you don't like it, hit the road.

Last edited by Jgraider; 05/20/21 02:38 AM.
Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8270903 05/20/21 02:57 AM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I've noticed that a lot, even in my own neighbors - folks from out of state have no qualms whatsoever telling you what "you ought to do." True Texans don't do that.

Re: Exotic prices [Re: Creekrunner] #8270955 05/20/21 05:36 AM
skinnerback Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Yep, nothing like some snaggletooth inbred goat f'ng hillbilly from Kentucky coming onto a Texas forum and badmouthing Texans. SMH.

Re: Exotic prices [Re: maximus_flavius] #8270960 05/20/21 06:37 AM
skinnerback Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by maximus_flavius

I’ll bet they have a Kentucky Toothless Hillbilly Pill Poppers forum.

[Linked Image]

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8270975 05/20/21 10:43 AM
D
dirthawker Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
How many of you native boys hunt cows? Domestic sheep? Rheas? Goats? Truth is you don't, you know they are poor table fair and 0 challenge yet websites create these ads making them into amazing challenging animals a true trophy. Thats the bs i hate , stick a 2800$ price tag on that and there you go. It has nothing to do with managing game, there not game animals. It all boils down to this its one of the main reasons fenced hunts look bad and reflects on all hunters there are more of us out there then just in texas. Texas is changing along with the rest of the country look who got elected for f sake. People are flooding into your state everyday, Californians, hispanics,pilgrims, and they dont give a crap about your texas pride or beliefs. These lovely liberals have there own agenda and you can bet its not yours. They will fill up your city's first and guess what thats where the votes count not the handful of ranchers scattered out west. Va is now blue in northern va and hampton roads area the rest of the state is red but we vote blue as a state.. If you think it cant happen and want to burrow your head in the sand so be it. Just remember i said it. Keep on hunting these barnyard pets and you will ruin all preserve hunting.

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8271047 05/20/21 12:34 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H
I hunt for rhea's, once they spot you they are gone in a blink of an eye, you know what they are also inside of this "fenced" hunt you speak of. However, they have to present their papers to cross fence lines.

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8271055 05/20/21 12:44 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
How many of you native boys hunt cows? Domestic sheep? Rheas? Goats? Truth is you don't, you know they are poor table fair and 0 challenge yet websites create these ads making them into amazing challenging animals a true trophy. Thats the bs i hate , stick a 2800$ price tag on that and there you go. It has nothing to do with managing game, there not game animals. It all boils down to this its one of the main reasons fenced hunts look bad and reflects on all hunters there are more of us out there then just in texas. Texas is changing along with the rest of the country look who got elected for f sake. People are flooding into your state everyday, Californians, hispanics,pilgrims, and they dont give a crap about your texas pride or beliefs. These lovely liberals have there own agenda and you can bet its not yours. They will fill up your city's first and guess what thats where the votes count not the handful of ranchers scattered out west. Va is now blue in northern va and hampton roads area the rest of the state is red but we vote blue as a state.. If you think it cant happen and want to burrow your head in the sand so be it. Just remember i said it. Keep on hunting these barnyard pets and you will ruin all preserve hunting.

I’ve asked several times, Mr Expert.

How much markup is ok with you?

Can you give us an example of a goat outfitter that you “think” charges too much? Give us some concrete examples here.

You have created a straw man in your mind that doesn’t exist reality.

Honestly, you sound like a liberal Karen screeching.

Re: Exotic prices [Re: skinnerback] #8271057 05/20/21 12:46 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted by skinnerback
Yep, nothing like some snaggletooth inbred goat f'ng hillbilly from Kentucky coming onto a Texas forum and badmouthing Texans. SMH.

I think he’s mad because the goat wouldn’t consent.......

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8271146 05/20/21 01:58 PM
D
dirthawker Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
I am not going to put an outfitter on the spot a quick google search or just a few clicks on this site will give the information.
Markup should reflect commercial sales AGAIN we are talking domestic livestock not exotics so how can a goat cost over 1000 for billy unfit for slaughter or a ram 2800 and up seen some over 3000!

Do we agree they are domestic livestock animals?
Or are you calling a goat or sheep a exotic please explain?
Without name calling or giving me examples of oil production in 1940.

Minimum flavor do you guide? Feel free to give a price breakdown of your animals as i do not think its fair to call out individual ranches by name but you are convinced i am wrong please show me your numbers.

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8271158 05/20/21 02:07 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I am not going to put an outfitter on the spot a quick google search or just a few clicks on this site will give the information.
Markup should reflect commercial sales AGAIN we are talking domestic livestock not exotics so how can a goat cost over 1000 for billy unfit for slaughter or a ram 2800 and up seen some over 3000!

Do we agree they are domestic livestock animals?
Or are you calling a goat or sheep a exotic please explain?
Without name calling or giving me examples of oil production in 1940.

Minimum flavor do you guide? Feel free to give a price breakdown of your animals as i do not think its fair to call out individual ranches by name but you are convinced i am wrong please show me your numbers.

Yep, just like I figured. You can’t even give an example of what your crying about. Instead, you change the subject.

Again, give us a specific example. Or just STFU already.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide