Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8269607 05/18/21 10:13 PM
D
dirthawker Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
There is a lot of robbing going on in the business world today still don't make it right.
Soo if gas goes to 6.00 your not going fuss? Lol
I understand its a business and you can run it anyway you please and I never said how I would dictate your business not my place i agree with you there ,but this pilgrim also knows a BS sales pitch when he sees it and this good old eastern hillbilly knows a domestic animal from a wild one. I will give you guys credit you found a good way to market old Rambouillet ram crosses,billy goats and even saw a guy selling (wild bulls) on here 🤣 come on guys you cant say if you show up with a round bale on a spear that old bull wont follow you like a puppy. Maybe your cows and goats are different in texas I personally dont care what anybody hunts or how they do it, if it makes them happy. Its the little paragraphs some guides write describing the hunt building it up like your going on this wild western expedition for the elusive rare billy goat, you guys can spin it anyway you want but some of us know
the truth and others should. Those who offer real hunts and are honest men my hats off and i would love to spend money with you ,but you other guys are something special.

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8269668 05/18/21 11:17 PM
D
dirthawker Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
[Linked Image]

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8269710 05/18/21 11:58 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
If you can't afford the clubs.....then don't take up golf.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8269716 05/19/21 12:14 AM
D
dirthawker Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
Hey I was in the 4h club as a kid! Kinda like some of these tx guides but we showed our goats didnt hunt them🤣🤣
Been working on a new brochure for you guys you can use it for your websites. [Linked Image]

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8269717 05/19/21 12:16 AM
D
dirthawker Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
Just poking fun guys , no need for hate.. and remember joe biden is here to fix everything.

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8269749 05/19/21 01:01 AM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted by dirthawker
There is a lot of robbing going on in the business world today still don't make it right.
Soo if gas goes to 6.00 your not going fuss? Lol
I understand its a business and you can run it anyway you please and I never said how I would dictate your business not my place i agree with you there ,but this pilgrim also knows a BS sales pitch when he sees it and this good old eastern hillbilly knows a domestic animal from a wild one. I will give you guys credit you found a good way to market old Rambouillet ram crosses,billy goats and even saw a guy selling (wild bulls) on here 🤣 come on guys you cant say if you show up with a round bale on a spear that old bull wont follow you like a puppy. Maybe your cows and goats are different in texas I personally dont care what anybody hunts or how they do it, if it makes them happy. Its the little paragraphs some guides write describing the hunt building it up like your going on this wild western expedition for the elusive rare billy goat, you guys can spin it anyway you want but some of us know
the truth and others should. Those who offer real hunts and are honest men my hats off and i would love to spend money with you ,but you other guys are something special.

Get help.

Maybe I can all pitch in & help with your re-hab, it’s been a good year in goat sales.

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8269751 05/19/21 01:05 AM
D
dirthawker Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
Lol that was good!

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8269776 05/19/21 01:38 AM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Lol that was good!

I’m guessing your girlfriend ran off with a Texas goat hunting guide?

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8269805 05/19/21 02:11 AM
D
dirthawker Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
No she wont come to texas anymore, on our last hunt she witnessed a catalina running by us wearing two boots on his back feet with a look of shame in his eyes. Freaked her out.

Last edited by dirthawker; 05/19/21 02:11 AM.
Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8269832 05/19/21 02:34 AM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
No she wont come to texas anymore, on our last hunt she witnessed a catalina running by us wearing two boots on his back feet with a look of shame in his eyes. Freaked her out.

I once threw a rope over a Spanish Billy's horns (he'd messed with my feed trap for the last time), tied the other end to the bumber of my Expedition, and made him walk to the cabin, at least 2 miles. Let him go afterwards. 'Later let a customer shoot him. That cost me with the LO, who's now a rich man, but that's another story.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8269912 05/19/21 05:32 AM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
In the spirit of this thread, I just called NASA & told them I could fly the space shuttle better than them.

Sure, I’ve never done it & I live 1,000 miles away, but I’ve got an opinion & inflated sense of self importance.

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8269934 05/19/21 10:18 AM
D
dirthawker Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
That was a knee slapper [Linked Image]

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8269935 05/19/21 10:31 AM
E
Eskimo36 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
E
dirthawker, can you enlighten us on your hunts in Texas, good and bad. Pictures would be appreciated.

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8269945 05/19/21 11:13 AM
D
dirthawker Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
Ok ive hunted scimitar,black buck,axis deer,aoudad,mouflan,javelina, and predators in texas. I enjoyed all the hunts most were free range some were fenced. Ive been to texas 5 times and have hunted in over 12 states. I spend more then i should on hunting but its a passion. Again guys not attacking texas guided hunts i enjoyed them and texas. With that said when i come home or visit other states and recount my texas hunts I get alot of questions about ethics and shooting pets. So following questions i usually can find out what fueled the negative view. High fence is top of the list but I can usually explain that not all high fence operations are created equal if there is enough land and cover it is very similar to a fair Chase hunt. The other biggie i hear is the tameness of the animals and we know which they are talking about those dumb rams and goats. People who do not know better that want to go on a texas hunt may pick a texas dall, or black Hawaiian,catalina, or bull a lot of ads build these animals up to something they are not. Ive been around multiple ranches and free range they are not wild, skittish would be a better description. So the guy from back east goes on a easy canned hunt which could cost him 2500 to 2800 dollers and gets a bad taste for texas exotic hunting. My issue is this why so much? Charge less and be honest what they are, and the difficulty. I have been on ranches where the guides say as much and say there good for kids,ad ons, or other situations. I understand they are a quick easy way to get into guiding, low cost,low fence,breed like rats, but its tarnishing images IF you paint this picture of this wild elusive animal. I dont care if people hunt them, doesn't effect me but image of hunting does it effects all of us. Google ram hunts on youtube i cant believe some of the vids posted just use common sense when posting.. We can all agree this country is turning more liberal by the day and sportsman and like minded good old boys from texas or pilgrims from va need to stick together. Dont give them a stick to hit you with. I know my posts chapped some butts but it was meant to be done in a playful way to show you the other side of it. Its easy to get tunnel vision when your making money but dont lose sight of whats important our image and ethic as sportsman. God bless america!

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8270056 05/19/21 01:13 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Ok ive hunted scimitar,black buck,axis deer,aoudad,mouflan,javelina, and predators in texas. I enjoyed all the hunts most were free range some were fenced. Ive been to texas 5 times and have hunted in over 12 states. I spend more then i should on hunting but its a passion. Again guys not attacking texas guided hunts i enjoyed them and texas. With that said when i come home or visit other states and recount my texas hunts I get alot of questions about ethics and shooting pets. So following questions i usually can find out what fueled the negative view. High fence is top of the list but I can usually explain that not all high fence operations are created equal if there is enough land and cover it is very similar to a fair Chase hunt. The other biggie i hear is the tameness of the animals and we know which they are talking about those dumb rams and goats. People who do not know better that want to go on a texas hunt may pick a texas dall, or black Hawaiian,catalina, or bull a lot of ads build these animals up to something they are not. Ive been around multiple ranches and free range they are not wild, skittish would be a better description. So the guy from back east goes on a easy canned hunt which could cost him 2500 to 2800 dollers and gets a bad taste for texas exotic hunting. My issue is this why so much? Charge less and be honest what they are, and the difficulty. I have been on ranches where the guides say as much and say there good for kids,ad ons, or other situations. I understand they are a quick easy way to get into guiding, low cost,low fence,breed like rats, but its tarnishing images IF you paint this picture of this wild elusive animal. I dont care if people hunt them, doesn't effect me but image of hunting does it effects all of us. Google ram hunts on youtube i cant believe some of the vids posted just use common sense when posting.. We can all agree this country is turning more liberal by the day and sportsman and like minded good old boys from texas or pilgrims from va need to stick together. Dont give them a stick to hit you with. I know my posts chapped some butts but it was meant to be done in a playful way to show you the other side of it. Its easy to get tunnel vision when your making money but dont lose sight of whats important our image and ethic as sportsman. God bless america!

The first thing you need to do, dipstick, is capitalize Texas.

Your posts didn’t chap any asses, just displayed your stupidity.

It’s amazing that you’ve been here 5 times & already an expert ranch manager, despite not having a ranch, or a bucket to piss in, or a window to throw it out of.

Last edited by maximus_flavius; 05/19/21 01:18 PM.
Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8270069 05/19/21 01:23 PM
S
soooo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
popcorn

Re: Exotic prices [Re: maximus_flavius] #8270111 05/19/21 02:00 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by maximus_flavius

The first thing you need to do, dipstick, is capitalize Texas.

Your posts didn’t chap any asses, just displayed your stupidity.

It’s amazing that you’ve been here 5 times & already an expert ranch manager, despite not having a ranch, or a bucket to piss in, or a window to throw it out of.

I like the way you think.

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8270112 05/19/21 02:01 PM
D
dirthawker Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
I own land in Virginia I have Livestock that I raise on my land, whats the difference other then a zip code? I still couldn't ethnically charge people to come shoot my cows or goats by telling them this is a really hard to hunt exotic animal unique to my area. It just cracks me up that you think I'm stupid because I know what a domestic sheep looks like. Just because your cows and sheep and goats live in Texas doesn't make them different , its the same animals we have here.

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8270167 05/19/21 02:54 PM
B
bear64 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
everything in Texas is bigger, better, more manly than anywhere else, why can't you understand this???
is it because all you ever hear Texans bitch about how bad things are in Texas?
they whine about taxes, immigration, how the government didn't protect them when it got cold ( it gets colder than dammit here every year and I've never expected someone else to keep my family warm). they whine about a handful of liberals moving from California and taking over the 99.9% conservative population way of life, dqmn how weak are yall.
they bitch about their stupid conservation laws and regs.
they bitch about not being able to carry weapons, I can carry a weapon anyplace I please except a school or a government building in Kentucky.
they bitch about how bad the liberals have ruined their way of life...you were weak and let it happen
when I joined Texas hunt forum it was to get information on fulfilling a lifelong dream to hunt Texas. man I'm glad I spent enough time looking at this forum to convince me Texas ain't the same Texas as it was back in the early 80s when I was there.
and the last time I checked a barnyard goat will chew your seat belt out of your truck if you leave the windows down...real trophy.
piss all over this post if it makes you feel better, your time would be better spent working to regain control of your mess of a state

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8270232 05/19/21 03:52 PM
S
Sauerkraut Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
popcorn

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom." - Ecclesiastes 9:10
Re: Exotic prices [Re: bear64] #8270239 05/19/21 03:58 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted by bear64
everything in Texas is bigger, better, more manly than anywhere else, why can't you understand this???
they whine about taxes, immigration, how the government didn't protect them when it got cold ( it gets colder than dammit here every year and I've never expected someone else to keep my family warm). they whine about a handful of liberals moving from California and taking over the 99.9% conservative population way of life, dqmn how weak are yall.
they bitch about not being able to carry weapons, I can carry a weapon anyplace I please except a school or a government building in Kentucky.
they bitch about how bad the liberals have ruined their way of life...you were weak and let it happen
when I joined Texas hunt forum it was to get information on fulfilling a lifelong dream to hunt Texas. man I'm glad I spent enough time looking at this forum to convince me Texas ain't the same Texas as it was back in the early 80s when I was there.
and the last time I checked a barnyard goat will chew your seat belt out of your truck if you leave the windows down...real trophy.
piss all over this post if it makes you feel better, your time would be better spent working to regain control of your mess of a state

Your even worse than OP. An expert on somewhere you haven’t been in 40 something years.

Last edited by maximus_flavius; 05/19/21 04:07 PM.
Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8270248 05/19/21 04:03 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I own land in Virginia I have Livestock that I raise on my land, whats the difference other then a zip code? I still couldn't ethnically charge people to come shoot my cows or goats by telling them this is a really hard to hunt exotic animal unique to my area. It just cracks me up that you think I'm stupid because I know what a domestic sheep looks like. Just because your cows and sheep and goats live in Texas doesn't make them different , its the same animals we have here.

How many acres is your ranch there, Mr Expert? Why not just stay there & hunt?

You never did answer my question. How much markup is ok for a hunting ranch, according to you?

FTR- I never said (& don’t think) your stupid, necessarily. Just an obnoxious know-it-all blowhard.

Last edited by maximus_flavius; 05/19/21 05:01 PM.
Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8270328 05/19/21 05:04 PM
S
svbubba Online Content
Bird Dog
Online Content
Bird Dog
S
i went to school in texas ...40 years ago......high school -college......moved to arizona for a job......i come back 3-4 a year to hunt ....to me it is like going to haven , texas is the most hunter friendly place i have ever been to...... it is not cheap to hunt .......but to me it is worth every penny and then some.....if you do not like what they charge for hunts .......stay home or go someplace else .....i am sure the folks there would not miss you...... for me i will see you fine texas folks soon.....

Re: Exotic prices [Re: bear64] #8270362 05/19/21 05:41 PM
J
Jgraider Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted by bear64

Yet here you are wasting your valuable time on a Texas hunting forum......what a clueless pilgrim.

Re: Exotic prices [Re: dirthawker] #8270403 05/19/21 06:34 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
"I own land in Virginia I have Livestock that I raise on my land, whats the difference other then a zip code?"

The state? The mindset? The notion you seem to be claiming a higher moral pedestal?

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide