Print Thread
Reintroducing Jaguars to AZ/NM #8267921 05/17/21 01:54 AM
N
nsmike Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Check out this article on proposals to reintroduce jaguars Article Link Also note that the eastern edge is very close to the Rio Grande Valley.

for every stereotype there's a prototype don't be the prototype
Re: Reintroducing Jaguars to AZ/NM [Re: nsmike] #8267931 05/17/21 02:06 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Not no but hell NO!!! 1st and foremost Jags roamed very minute areas of NM and AZ

AZ WILL BE SCREWED OUT OF ANY PREDATOR MANAGEMENT THEY PREVIOULY HAD. History will repeat it's self just like it has on the Wolf and Grizzly. Where populations baselines and sustainable habitats limits ignored

Bad idea x100000000

Over past 10 years AZ has been a ML hunting battle ground. Hounds kill one collared jag and no more hound hunting and lion population exposes even higher, having massive impacts on ungulate re-introductions

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Reintroducing Jaguars to AZ/NM [Re: nsmike] #8267934 05/17/21 02:09 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Yep

Re: Reintroducing Jaguars to AZ/NM [Re: nsmike] #8267938 05/17/21 02:11 AM
dogcatcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Immigration control. clap

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Reintroducing Jaguars to AZ/NM [Re: dogcatcher] #8267956 05/17/21 02:41 AM
TCM3 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by dogcatcher

clap

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: Reintroducing Jaguars to AZ/NM [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8267963 05/17/21 02:49 AM
T
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Not no but hell NO!!! 1st and foremost Jags roamed very minute areas of NM and AZ

AZ WILL BE SCREWED OUT OF ANY PREDATOR MANAGEMENT THEY PREVIOULY HAD. History will repeat it's self just like it has on the Wolf and Grizzly. Where populations baselines and sustainable habitats limits ignored

Bad idea x100000000

Over past 10 years AZ has been a ML hunting battle ground. Hounds kill one collared jag and no more hound hunting and lion population exposes even higher, having massive impacts on ungulate re-introductions

From my research these cats really only ventured into the United States, they didn't really inhabit the areas in any appreciable numbers....more like make visits is what they did

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Reintroducing Jaguars to AZ/NM [Re: TCM3] #8267987 05/17/21 03:28 AM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by TCM3
Originally Posted by dogcatcher

clap

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: Reintroducing Jaguars to AZ/NM [Re: nsmike] #8268033 05/17/21 08:42 AM
kry226 Online Content
The General
Online Content
The General
I'm with BOBO... not to mention the wolf reintroduction up north has been a debacle from the get-go.

[Linked Image]
Re: Reintroducing Jaguars to AZ/NM [Re: kry226] #8268042 05/17/21 10:44 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by kry226
I'm with BOBO... not to mention the wolf reintroduction up north has been a debacle from the get-go.

Nope, the only debacle in somes eyes is the smaller penetration of the wolves southward. Other than that, pretty much done what they had hoped it would do.

Re: Reintroducing Jaguars to AZ/NM [Re: Hudbone] #8268062 05/17/21 11:35 AM
kry226 Online Content
The General
Online Content
The General
Originally Posted by Hudbone

Nope, the only debacle in somes eyes is the smaller penetration of the wolves southward. Other than that, pretty much done what they had hoped it would do.

To be sure, wolves have helped to restore some parts of the ecosystem, and that's great. But it ain't all there yet, with some voices saying it never will be.

But I was mostly speaking of the administrative debacle, the years' of litigation and fighting between the US and the states affected, and other interest groups.

[Linked Image]
Re: Reintroducing Jaguars to AZ/NM [Re: nsmike] #8268065 05/17/21 11:38 AM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Live and let live. Just keep them out of my yard.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Reintroducing Jaguars to AZ/NM [Re: kry226] #8268087 05/17/21 12:04 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H

To be sure, wolves have helped to restore some parts of the ecosystem, and that's great. But it ain't all there yet, with some voices saying it never will be.

But I was mostly speaking of the administrative debacle, the years' of litigation and fighting between the US and the states affected, and other interest groups.

Realize I did not say I was in favor of this, only that it was doing what Bangs & crew set out to do.

Re: Reintroducing Jaguars to AZ/NM [Re: bill oxner] #8268088 05/17/21 12:05 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Live and let live. Just keep them out of my yard.

That's what the elites say on the west coast about open boarders.

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: Reintroducing Jaguars to AZ/NM [Re: nsmike] #8268095 05/17/21 12:10 PM
R
Ranch Dawg Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
But, there’s already black cats in east Texas ,,, smile

THE ROAD GOES ON FOREVER AND THE PARTY NEVER ENDS.

F##K YOU JOE BIDEN !!!!!
Re: Reintroducing Jaguars to AZ/NM [Re: Hudbone] #8268106 05/17/21 12:20 PM
kry226 Online Content
The General
Online Content
The General

Realize I did not say I was in favor of this, only that it was doing what Bangs & crew set out to do.

cheers

[Linked Image]
Re: Reintroducing Jaguars to AZ/NM [Re: Hudbone] #8268120 05/17/21 12:37 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C

Maybe the jaguars will eat the wolves and any liberals they come across. We should introduce them into Austin.

Re: Reintroducing Jaguars to AZ/NM [Re: Hudbone] #8268135 05/17/21 12:47 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

Actually you are completely wrong. The scientific recovered number for them to come off ESA was as much 20x less then what it was when states actually got management back. Litigation went 10 years past when it was supposed to. Same thing is happening with Grizzlies.

Many states took big ungulate number drops all while having to set back and watch wolves explode under ESa protections because of antihunting litigation.

Every agreement was broken, even when USFW AGREED THEY WHERE FULLY recovered, anti-hunters kept states from gaining control through litigation.

There is a reason Idaho just passed legislation to begin winter helicopter gunning and wide open “means of take” of wolves to try to knock them back to 150 from 1800

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Reintroducing Jaguars to AZ/NM [Re: kry226] #8268142 05/17/21 12:52 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

Wolves haven't restores anything on the land scape. They have accomplished nothing that human management couldn't. The North American Conservation model is about sustainability, unchecked wolves undermine that. 1000’s of tags have been lost From unchecked Canadian wolf introduction. The only state in lower 48 with a growing moose population has virtually no wolves(for now)

Re: Reintroducing Jaguars to AZ/NM [Re: txtrophy85] #8268144 05/17/21 12:54 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by txtrophy85

Bad idea x100000000

From my research these cats really only ventured into the United States, they didn't really inhabit the areas in any appreciable numbers....more like make visits is what they did

That's correct, the introduction is novel idea but will end up like mountain goats, taking over ranges they where never in, there for displacing and dramatically affecting native wildlife.

Re: Reintroducing Jaguars to AZ/NM [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8268195 05/17/21 01:47 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H

Actually you are completely wrong. The scientific recovered number for them to come off ESA was as much 20x less then what it was when states actually got management back. Litigation went 10 years past when it was supposed to. Same thing is happening with Grizzlies.

Many states took big ungulate number drops all while having to set back and watch wolves explode under ESa protections because of antihunting litigation.

Every agreement was broken, even when USFW AGREED THEY WHERE FULLY recovered, anti-hunters kept states from gaining control through litigation.

There is a reason Idaho just passed legislation to begin winter helicopter gunning and wide open “means of take” of wolves to try to knock them back to 150 from 1800

Trying to figure out what I missed or maybe, what you thought their intention was?

Re: Reintroducing Jaguars to AZ/NM [Re: Hudbone] #8268211 05/17/21 02:06 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

Trying to figure out what I missed or maybe, what you thought their intention was?

The only debacle wasn’t just a southern displacement. Southern displacement is a result of hitting max carrying capacity in Greater Yellowstone eco system. Dispersal was in all directions. Debacle was legislation that protected well past pre-established recovery numbers.l, Which was a precursor to Grizzly recovery litigation, and also what will happen with jags.

Re: Reintroducing Jaguars to AZ/NM [Re: Choctaw] #8268291 05/17/21 03:48 PM
N
nsmike Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Originally Posted by Choctaw

Maybe the jaguars will eat the wolves and any liberals they come across. We should introduce them into Austin.

That's tempting!

for every stereotype there's a prototype don't be the prototype
Re: Reintroducing Jaguars to AZ/NM [Re: nsmike] #8268292 05/17/21 03:49 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
"The only debacle wasn’t just a southern displacement. Southern displacement is a result of hitting max carrying capacity in Greater Yellowstone eco system. Dispersal was in all directions. Debacle was legislation that protected well past pre-established recovery numbers. l, Which was a precursor to Grizzly recovery litigation, and also what will happen with jags."

Like I said, " . . . pretty much done what they had hoped it would do."

Re: Reintroducing Jaguars to AZ/NM [Re: Hudbone] #8268316 05/17/21 04:02 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
"The only debacle wasn’t just a southern displacement. Southern displacement is a result of hitting max carrying capacity in Greater Yellowstone eco system. Dispersal was in all directions. Debacle was legislation that protected well past pre-established recovery numbers. l, Which was a precursor to Grizzly recovery litigation, and also what will happen with jags."

Like I said, " . . . pretty much done what they had hoped it would do."

Correct my bad, I have reading comprehension issues this morning cheers up

Re: Reintroducing Jaguars to AZ/NM [Re: nsmike] #8268334 05/17/21 04:25 PM
R
reeltexan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R

Always liked the E type

[Linked Image]

"Give me an Army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle... Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war." - General Patton

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide