S
soooo Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Tag! You're it Texas Senate!

Hello friend,

The Texas House took another step forward last night to move Constitutional Carry forward - despite the games being played by Lt. Governor Dan Patrick.

As we told you earlier, the Senate passed HB 1927, the Constitutional Carry bill, last week. However, the Lt. Governor pushed through a packet of amendments that not only weakened the bill but also opened the door for anti-gun members of the Texas House to kill the bill on a procedural defect.

Last night, bill author Rep. Schaefer brought up HB 1927 on the House floor. Anti-gun Rep. Chris Turner brought a point of order against further consideration of the bill, but, after lengthy discussion, withdrew the point of order.

The House then voted to send the bill to a conference committee to fix the errors caused by the Senate. And Speaker Phelan appointed a very strong team of Constitutional Carry supporters to serve as the five House conferees.

This allows us to use the final 2½ weeks of session to get a truly strong Constitutional Carry bill to Governor Abbott's desk.

Now, once again, we wait for the Senate . . .

Next Steps: Looking at the Senate (Again)
The House has called for a Conference Committee and appointed five conferees. Now, the Senate needs to also appoint five conferees. The Lt. Gov.'s choice of conferees will be revealing, as we see whether he appoints those who supported the bill early, or the holdout Senators, or those who opposed the bill.

Next, the 10 conference committee members will need to work together to develop agreed-on language. Then, the House and Senate will each need to take another vote on the final language before the bill goes to the Governor's desk.

TAKE ACTION NOW!
Once again, we ask you to call Lt. Governor Patrick at 512-463-0001. Tell him that you are holding him responsible to get a strong Constitutional Carry bill to the finish line. Urge him to appoint Senators who were early supporters of HB 1927 to be part of the Conference Committee for HB 1927.

And call your State Senator. Urge him or her to support a strong Constitutional Carry bill without the amendments added by the Senate.

Or, email the Lt. Governor and your State Senator together using our handy email form.

Contact Lt. Governor Dan Patrick NOW!

We are very happy with the conference committee members that Speaker Phelan appointed: Rep. Schaefer (chair), Rep. Burrows, Rep. Canales, Rep. Guillen, and Rep. White. This is a strong, bipartisan team of members who have strongly supported the bill. Four out of the five are joint authors who put their name and their support behind HB 1927 early. We have many reasons to believe that these members will push to make the bill stronger and remove the Senate's defective amendments.

Rep. Canales (D, HD 40) even gave a stirring speech in support of Constitutional Carry during the House floor debate on HB 1927, stating that Constitutional Carry gets rid of the "hodgepodge" of "gotcha" laws and urging members to support it to "keep people out of jail for no reason whatsoever." Read his speech here (page 1164).

The House's example should serve as a reminder to the Senate that this is common-sense legislation to protect innocent Texans and that there is no reason not to move forward a strong bill.

Be sure to join our text alert system for more updates-simply text your zip code to 833-922-1212.

For Liberty,

Rachel Malone
GOA Texas Director

Felisha Bull
GOA Texas Deputy Director

Gun Owners of America
8001 Forbes Pl. Ste. 202
Springfield, VA 22151

You are currently subscribed to a mailing list of Gun Owners of America. If you wish to unsubscribe, please click here.

Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: soooo] #8265514 05/14/21 10:55 AM
V
victor454 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
V
TSRA Update

Greetings!

House Bill 1927 by Representative Matt Schaefer was passed as amended by the Senate last week and returned to the House of Representatives.

As you know, yesterday the House refused to concur with their amendments and sent the bill back to the Senate requesting the appointment of a conference committee to iron out the differences between the House and Senate versions.

Speaker Dade Phelan appointed a strong team to represent the House on the Conference committee: Representatives Schaefer, Burrows, Canales, Guillen, and White.

Today, Lt. Governor Dan Patrick also appointed a very pro-Second Amendment conference committee composed of Senators Schwertner, Birdwell, Hughes, Campbell and Creighton. This is a wonderful team and I have high hopes that they can move this bill out of Conference Committee quickly. If you click each of their names, their contact information is available by scrolling down the resulting page. I would like you to contact the Senate Conferees because the amendments that are problematic are largely from that Chamber.

I need all of you who support this bill to contact the Senate Conferees and urge them to get HB 1927 across the goal line. No Excuses!

TIME IS CRITICAL here. We have just over 2 weeks.

We are close, but close is not enough.

Thank you!!!!!!
--------------

Andi Turner
Legislative Director
TSRA

Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: victor454] #8265542 05/14/21 11:38 AM
BbarVRanch Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted by victor454
TSRA Update

Greetings!

House Bill 1927 by Representative Matt Schaefer was passed as amended by the Senate last week and returned to the House of Representatives.

As you know, yesterday the House refused to concur with their amendments and sent the bill back to the Senate requesting the appointment of a conference committee to iron out the differences between the House and Senate versions.

Speaker Dade Phelan appointed a strong team to represent the House on the Conference committee: Representatives Schaefer, Burrows, Canales, Guillen, and White.

Today, Lt. Governor Dan Patrick also appointed a very pro-Second Amendment conference committee composed of Senators Schwertner, Birdwell, Hughes, Campbell and Creighton. This is a wonderful team and I have high hopes that they can move this bill out of Conference Committee quickly. If you click each of their names, their contact information is available by scrolling down the resulting page. I would like you to contact the Senate Conferees because the amendments that are problematic are largely from that Chamber.

I need all of you who support this bill to contact the Senate Conferees and urge them to get HB 1927 across the goal line. No Excuses!

Thank you!!!!!!
--------------

Andi Turner
Legislative Director
TSRA

Thank you sir!

There's hope! texas

Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: victor454] #8265627 05/14/21 01:00 PM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
TSRA Update

Greetings!

Thank you!!!!!!
--------------

Andi Turner
Legislative Director
TSRA

From what I understand is many are worried about the time frame and if they're just stalling until they're out of session. That time is getting real close.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: HWY_MAN] #8265742 05/14/21 02:29 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by HWY_MAN
TSRA Update

Greetings!

Thank you!!!!!!
--------------

Andi Turner
Legislative Director
TSRA

From what I understand is many are worried about the time frame and if they're just stalling until they're out of session. That time is getting real close.

Exactly right. None of this passes.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: soooo] #8265750 05/14/21 02:37 PM
S
soooo Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
S

In my opinion Dan Patrick and a few others have a pocket full of Bloomberg money.

Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: soooo] #8265819 05/14/21 03:37 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by soooo

In my opinion Dan Patrick and a few others have a pocket full of Bloomberg money.

I can guarantee you that he does NOT have your best interests at heart, only his own.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: soooo] #8266038 05/14/21 08:04 PM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by soooo

I would not doubt it one bit....

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #8266757 05/15/21 03:41 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER
Originally Posted by HWY_MAN
TSRA Update

Greetings!

Thank you!!!!!!
--------------

Andi Turner
Legislative Director
TSRA

Exactly right. None of this passes.

[Linked Image]
Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: soooo] #8266774 05/15/21 04:11 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I havnt been keeping track of all of this, can someone paraphrase what’s happening and about to happen?

Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: Ol Thumper] #8266819 05/15/21 05:04 PM
S
soooo Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by Ol Thumper
I havnt been keeping track of all of this, can someone paraphrase what’s happening and about to happen?

The house passed a bill allowing you to be a free man.

The senate added amendments saying wait, not so free.

It's in conference committee now, to iron out the differences.

dan patrick is a pandering carpetbagger.

Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: soooo] #8266846 05/15/21 05:32 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Thank you sir, sounds like Dan Patrick needs a thumping.

Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: soooo] #8266857 05/15/21 05:54 PM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
kick 'em all out and start from the ground up.

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: soooo] #8268218 05/17/21 02:12 PM
BbarVRanch Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Keep the calls and e-mails coming to them!

Can't let up!

texas

Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: soooo] #8268440 05/17/21 06:19 PM
S
Smokey Bear Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Anybody heard any updates since HB1927 went to the special conference committee?

Smokey Bear---Lone Star State.
Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: soooo] #8268450 05/17/21 06:32 PM
V
victor454 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
V

Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: soooo] #8269043 05/18/21 01:13 PM
BbarVRanch Offline
Tracker
Tracker
[Linked Image]

Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: soooo] #8269070 05/18/21 01:42 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
They have no interest in passing this. Just because someone claims to be a Republican sure doesn't make him a conservative. They all need to go.

Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: Choctaw] #8269153 05/18/21 02:52 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Choctaw
They have no interest in passing this. Just because someone claims to be a Republican sure doesn't make him a conservative. They all need to go.

DING DING DING!!!!!

Nothing will change unless we get them primaried out.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: soooo] #8269484 05/18/21 08:00 PM
C
ccoker Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
my buddy Todd Rathner is working on this
had several conversations with him Dan Patrick needs pressure applied from us

Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: soooo] #8270982 05/20/21 11:02 AM
V
victor454 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
V
Greetings!

House Bill 1927 by Representative Matt Schaefer was sent to Conference Committee as you know.

We have 12 days left and we have no Conference Committee report to be voted on. They need to meet and have a report for each chamber (House and Senate) to vote favorably (or God forbid, unfavorably) on that report.

Your mission? Contact Governor Greg Abbott, Lt Governor Dan Patrick and Speaker Dade Phelan and urge them to get this done! (I've linked to emails that will go directly to their offices).

Your message should always be Texas polite and I have faith in all of you to communicate that with only 12 days (as of today) left--we are so close to getting this done and it will take their leadership to GET IT DONE!

Then, contact as many of the members of the Conference Committee as you possibly can!

Speaker Dade Phelan appointed the following members to the Conference Commitee: Representatives Schaefer, Burrows, Canales, Guillen, and White.

Lt. Governor Dan Patrick also appointed Senators Schwertner, Birdwell, Hughes, Campbell and Creighton to the Conference Committee.

Lastly, contact your own Senator and state Representative with the same message. You can scroll down to "Who Represents Me" if you need that information.

TIME IS CRITICAL here. We could lose this bill if all of you who support the bill don't act NOW!

Thank you!!!!!!
--------------

Andi Turner
Legislative Director
TSRA

Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: victor454] #8271081 05/20/21 01:02 PM
pertnear Online Content
"Demolition Man"
Online Content
"Demolition Man"
Greetings!

House Bill 1927 by Representative Matt Schaefer was sent to Conference Committee as you know.

We have 12 days left and we have no Conference Committee report to be voted on. They need to meet and have a report for each chamber (House and Senate) to vote favorably (or God forbid, unfavorably) on that report.

Your mission? Contact Governor Greg Abbott, Lt Governor Dan Patrick and Speaker Dade Phelan and urge them to get this done! (I've linked to emails that will go directly to their offices).

Your message should always be Texas polite and I have faith in all of you to communicate that with only 12 days (as of today) left--we are so close to getting this done and it will take their leadership to GET IT DONE!

Then, contact as many of the members of the Conference Committee as you possibly can!

Speaker Dade Phelan appointed the following members to the Conference Commitee: Representatives Schaefer, Burrows, Canales, Guillen, and White.

Lt. Governor Dan Patrick also appointed Senators Schwertner, Birdwell, Hughes, Campbell and Creighton to the Conference Committee.

Lastly, contact your own Senator and state Representative with the same message. You can scroll down to "Who Represents Me" if you need that information.

TIME IS CRITICAL here. We could lose this bill if all of you who support the bill don't act NOW!

Thank you!!!!!!
--------------

Andi Turner
Legislative Director
TSRA

What are the email links?

"Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.” - George Orwell
Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: soooo] #8271840 05/21/21 12:16 AM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
I don't have the email addresses, but you should be able to go to the individual member pages and send emails through the .gov website.
https://house.texas.gov/members/
https://senate.texas.gov/members/

[Linked Image]

Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: soooo] #8272326 05/21/21 02:07 PM
K
krmitchell Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
Why is the house trying to get greedy now? They are about to lose it all when great progress would be made with the senate version.

Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide